AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-02-11, 13:43   Link #81
Haak
Forever Alone...

There's still lots of white backgrounds. It's still bleach.
Old 2011-02-11, 13:47   Link #82
Fran~
floating away...

To me... Kubo failed at the end of the last arc, he went (until now) in another direction with nothing in common with Soul Society continuity. He could explore Isshin past and Ichigo's power without this Fullbringing mess.

So, until Aizen's defeat, i think we have a decent Bleach. But this "arc" ruined everything, because is making everything wrong and confusing.
Old 2011-02-11, 13:49   Link #83
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

now you know exactly how ichigo feels. everything should be normal, but it isn't.

kubo has you feeling exacly as he wants you, and you'll read the next chapters to find out more >:-)

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 13:51   Link #84
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

I remember the times when we still had hopes that the new arc will be awesome...

Remember those school life scenes in the beginning of this arc ? It hasn't been that long, but I already miss it

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 14:33   Link #85
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
now you know exactly how ichigo feels. everything should be normal, but it isn't.

kubo has you feeling exacly as he wants you, and you'll read the next chapters to find out more >:-)
Ichigo doesn't feel anything. Ichigo is a bad copy of Shikamaru, always dreaming about having an easygoing life... but Shikamaru has common sense at least.

I read this manga because i'm curious about 3 things:
1. The King
2. Aizen, Urahara and the Hogyoku
3. The past of Kurosaki's family.
Old 2011-02-11, 16:21   Link #86
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Getting lamer and lamer, can't wait to see Ichigo's fullbring power -__-. So he's going to be Shinigami+Hollow+Fullbring
Old 2011-02-11, 16:59   Link #87
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I want that cool Tensa Zangetsu Ichigo back. He was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
not old enough to drink legally and for some reason i dont like the taste o_O
Well, then try Mai Tai, Zombie or Cuba Libre... no, try all of them. Wait... I don't want to push you into the wrong direction.
Old 2011-02-11, 17:02   Link #88
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
I am confused...

Why does everyone want to learn this fullbringer thing again? What is the reason for it? Aizen is gone, Hueco Mundo population is reduced by a few billion hollows, no apparent danger, the King was never mentioned to be evil.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 17:04   Link #89
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
I am confused...

Why does everyone want to learn this fullbringer thing again? What is the reason for it? Aizen is gone, Hueco Mundo population is reduced by a few billion hollows, no apparent danger, the King was never mentioned to be evil.
Those new friends, they look suspicious, they look like enemies and the one with the sword does not look too different from Aizen, does he?
They say that their powers have downsides, that it's the exact opposite of their characters. They are ruthless. They want to get rid of their powers because of the downsides and they want to give them to Ichigo.
What do we learn from these facts? It can't be good for Ichigo. He might not be able to handle it.
Old 2011-02-11, 17:07   Link #90
roriconfan
Banned

Yes but are Ichigo and the gang so terrified of them that want to learn this fullbringer thing just to fight them? How strong are they anyway? They could be just street punks.
Old 2011-02-11, 17:10   Link #91
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Ichigo could be overwhelmed by his inner hollow and the new fullbring powers and turn into the enemy himself, a monster, an evil being. Ever thought of that?
Old 2011-02-11, 17:16   Link #92
roriconfan
Banned

No. Why would he be overwhelmed in the first place? Is this fullbringer thing supposed to help him control it?
Old 2011-02-11, 18:34   Link #93
Slayerx

Quote:
I am confused...

Well despite everything looking honky dory, someone new showed up and put Ishida in the hospital. And rather than letting someone else handle it, ichigo feels like he needs to be the center of attention help again. He doesn't want fullbring powers, he's just told that its the only way to get his shinigami powers back... y'know despite not trying to consult his father on any this... On a somewhat related note, i really don't feel like we've gotten a good reason as to why the fullbringers want to give up their powers. Hell i know Chad never seemed to have any misgivings about his powers; unless you include them not being strong enough to keep up with ichigo.
Old 2011-02-11, 19:03   Link #94
sayde

I can kind of understand the fullbringers reasons for wanting to get rid of their powers (assuming they're telling the truth). I mean, they're bound to be prime targets for constant hollow assaults. So I guess once the novelty of having supernatural powers begins to get old, the only thing left are all the liabilities these powers come with.

And unlike Chad and Ichigo, these guys may not have the same motivations for wanting to remain among spiritual forces. Because lets face it. If they can get rid of their powers, they can go back to an existence where they can ignore and be ignored by such things. On the other hand, Ichigo's family and closest friends, are stuck being potential targets of spiritual phenomena, whether they like it or not. So if they're going to be involved, then Ichigo's going to want to be involved. And if Ichigo's involved, then that means Chads likely to not have any regrets about possessing his power as well.

Once again, the rest of the fullbringers might not have such motivations. With that said, I'm not fully buying it either. Because the whole thing would be far too convenient. While they might be honest about wanting to rid themselves of their abilities, there's got to be more to it than that. I get the feeling one of these fullbringers is the one to have assaulted Ishida for the sole purpose of giving Ichigo a good reason to re-enter a world he had left behind.

I have fun imagining that they're true goal involves Ichigo getting back to the godlike power level he had prior to defeating Aizen. From there, the fullbringers would some how convince or force Ichigo to bust Aizen out of Avici, since the hougyoku is the only thing that could truly rid them of their abilities (as it did to Aizen). It won't happen obviously, but imagining a scenario where Ichigo's forced to become the worlds enemy as he takes on all of the Gotei 13's relevant fighters is nice.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 19:57   Link #95
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
What is it that define Bleach anyway ?
Dragonball Z with swords
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 21:57   Link #96
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Dragonball Z with swords
You forgot the rasenshuriken

Old 2011-02-11, 21:57   Link #97
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Ichigo could be overwhelmed by his inner hollow and the new fullbring powers and turn into the enemy himself, a monster, an evil being. Ever thought of that?
Doubtfull it is strongly implied that part of what he had to do to get to the point he did to beat Aizen he took care of his problem with his hollow side. The hollow isn't realy an evil being trying to take over Ichigo, it is Ichigo . It is all his more base emotions. It is his Id and Zengutsu is his Ego. In the end he stoped fighting it and accepted it by doing so he made the hollow powerless.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 02:58   Link #98
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Delurk...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And as John Travolta explained, manipulating the soul means manipulating the matter it occupies. Otherwise h--
Fat John Travolta or Hawt Skinny John Travolta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
What I meant is that the definition of "manipulation" is a lot broader than what Ginjou seemed to imply. Like Haak mentioned, it seems like the powers can be almost anything. It's basically like having a shikai or bankai without a zanpakuto.
Um yeah...it seems exactly like what Ginjou implied. (You didn't think swallowing juice and playing with swords was it, did you?) That sounds kinda pervy doesn't it?

It is like having a Shikai or Bankai but then again Hollow powers are much the same

The only difference is. Shinigami manifest theirs and fight with them. The hollow wears their powers and fights with them. Hollow powers are based on their "hearts" Shinigami powers are based on their "souls". There is really no difference

You guys make it so that I don't wanna particpate...you're missing out on the wonder of me

LURK ON!

btw Ichigo couldn't ask Isshin anything because Isshin is MIA
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 09:41   Link #99
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
No. Why would he be overwhelmed in the first place? Is this fullbringer thing supposed to help him control it?
The opposite... it's supposed to make him take it and it might kill him because this power has an evil downside which is not to be taken lightly. Who would want to get rid of power? Nobody wants to lose power!
Old 2011-02-12, 09:42   Link #100
kirisute_gomen
Senior Swordsman

So, your idea is that the evil power will take control over Ichigo? I can digg it.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion