AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Madoka Magica - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 96 56.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 33.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 5.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 3.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-15, 17:22   Link #581
totoum
Oppai warrior
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Mentar's post reminds me that the QB is evil debate will probably keep on going even after the show is over because different people have different opinions on what evil is.Like in the Shiki thead where you've got an endless debate of who in that show is evil and who's not despite the fact that everyone is looking at the same thing.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 17:28   Link #582
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
That should tell you something. If someone's mind is made up now, and won't change despite new evidence... that doesn't speak well of a healthy mindset. We all want people to be open-minded, but what that really means to most is for people to be open minded enough to come around to our correct point of view.

In short, if one won't open one's mind to the other possibilities, one can't expect others to come to one's own viewpoint. I, for one, have stated several things that could plausibly happen that would change my mind.

Someone whose mind is made up, won't be able to do that. That's why you have people that hold fast to their belief to the end of time.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 17:39   Link #583
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Mentar's post reminds me that the QB is evil debate will probably keep on going even after the show is over because different people have different opinions on what evil is.Like in the Shiki thead where you've got an endless debate of who in that show is evil and who's not despite the fact that everyone is looking at the same thing.
No, high probablility the debate will end at the end of the series other than a few entrenched apologists. I already see some preparing backdoors for themselves so they can say "Oh new information! Now i understand!". I will be having many lulz myself

I believe said apologists will be backtracking then. It will then be followed by the following in order of appearence
i) Not enough information was given at that time waaah
ii) There were too many plotholes waaah
iii) That was sh*tty writing waaah

Sometimes its sad that people without any understanding of logic try to add the "logic" stamp of approval but fail so miserably
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 17:40   Link #584
Jimmy C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Considering the lengths you go to defend him, Kaijo, I'd say you've made up your mind too.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 17:45   Link #585
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Quite a few people believe it is because Homura knew Madoka before, and wanted to simply spare her the life of a magical girl. She shows some of the same consideration towards Sayaka, but not as much; her main focus is Madoka. There are some hints in the manga as to the relationship between Homura and Madoka, but it is completely believable that Homura holds that, "I don't want to send my child to war!" attitude.
Yeah, I thought so too at first, and then I saw more than one clue that made me think that was a misdirection. Homura has another motivation, I'm so confident I could bet on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
As he said, he notices girls tend to freak out over some details. One can imagine that hurts the recruitment process, and apparently very few girls find out about it anyway.
Which still doesn't change the fact that he withholds information. The reason, quite frankly, is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Curious, where was this said? Now this would be interesting of itself. Kyube might want Madoka because she might have enough power to change the sad cycle. In which case, his recruitment of her is justified because that would save lives. Kyube wouldn't be evil at all, then;
During the dream, in both the anime and manga. And it's really suspicious, because for all we know she actually did make that contract (in both manga and anime Homura seems unable to prevent it). Does that mean that we're redoing the whole thing because of Madoka's wish? Unlikely, because it's Homura the one who has her memories intact. So there's something very wrong about this whole mess, which means we can't take Kyubey's words as face value. I would say the same thing about Homura, but she hasn't revealed her motivation yet so....
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 17:56   Link #586
totoum
Oppai warrior
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
ii) There were too many plotholes waaah
iii) That was sh*tty writing waaah
If QB doesn't turn out to be a really evil bastard and you say one of those two things,I will have fun reminding you you said this.

Though I definatly won't bet on it.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 17:57   Link #587
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Can we STOP with the stupid "is he or isn't evil" discussion IN THIS THREAD! Until the anime CLEARLY STATES what Kyuube is, ALL OF THIS IS OFF-TOPIC PURE SPECULATION!

Move the discussion to the proper threads or there's going to be mass post deletion and warnings given out.
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 17:57   Link #588
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lion's Arch
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

I'm not saying that Kyoko is a bad character (she serves an important role in this story, and is frequently entertaining as a playful antagonist), just that she's clearly a vicious bully who is no less deserving of moral criticism than Kyubey is.
She's not a bad character . But she's still a bitch And yes the double standards can be very annoying. I may be falling for Homura, but I still must doubt her intentions still... Clearly, having any kind of black and white reasoning is flawed and WILL FAIL in this setting. This is a grey and black universe.
Quote:
Something that I've become curious about...

To those who strongly believe that Kyubey is evil, is it that you hate him as a character (like how many people hated Kirino in Ore no Imouto), or is it a "love to hate" kind of deal where Kyubey is more or less a "good villain" for you?

In other words, does he annoy you and make you wish that he wasn't there, or are you glad that he's there so you can actively root against him?
Considering one was intended to be creepy and disturbing, and the other was incompetent writing, yea I'd say I just love to hate Kyubey.

He could be like doing evil things for the sake of good in the end-- maybe. But I can only go by what I see.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 18:15   Link #589
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
If QB doesn't turn out to be a really evil bastard and you say one of those two things,I will have fun reminding you you said this.

Though I definatly won't bet on it.
Oh don't worry, i'm more than happy to provide lulz if i'm wrong, though i won't be saying any of those excuses .

Oh just to put this on the topic of episode 6, given the soul gem information, wearing your soul gem on your hand/leg ala Homura seems like a terrible idea. The girls need to watch some shonen anime where some guy always has his arm fly far away after being cut off
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 21:57   Link #590
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

I do NOT think that he'll end the show in catastrophe. That would also be a very unwise commercial decision, btw ...
Out of respect for CrowKenobi's moderating instruction, I'm not going to debate over Kyubey any more in this thread. However, I have to say that Mentar is making a very, very good point here.

It would be a very unwise commercial decision for this to end in complete catastrophe, so I view that as an unrealistic hope (or fear, depending on your point of view), frankly.

While some people are watching this to see a deconstruction of an anime genre that they're not fond of, a lot of people are watching it because they're fans of that same genre. I myself probably wouldn't be watching this show if I wasn't already a fan of magical girl anime.

So, a careful balance probably should be struck here if you want to satisfy both groups. Which is why I'm hoping for this to continue to be (and have a climax) darker than Nanoha, but also not be a complete catastrophe in the end.


One other thing, I think that if Mentar is right about Kyubey, he's right about all the rest of his speculations.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 22:57   Link #591
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lion's Arch
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

While some people are watching this to see a deconstruction of an anime genre that they're not fond of, a lot of people are watching it because they're fans of that same genre. I myself probably wouldn't be watching this show if I wasn't already a fan of magical girl anime.

So, a careful balance probably should be struck here if you want to satisfy both groups. Which is why I'm hoping for this to continue to be (and have a climax) darker than Nanoha, but also not be a complete catastrophe in the end.
Well, much like you, I have a preference for some light at the end of the tunnel. Pure despair and darkness is just as meaningless and shallow as being too carefree without consequences.

On the other hand, I'm not too concerned if it makes sense, and that the show doesn't chicken out on whatever it's trying.

It has the potential to accomplish what shows like Nanoha and Mai-HiME failed to do. Of course, I love these shows, but honestly, I felt that they chickened out at critical points. It's not perfectly fair to compare them, since they are lighthearted and largely idealistic, at least in comparison to Madoka, But shows like that have occasionally played with mature issues in a manner I really appreciated, and I'd like a show to take it all the way.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 00:16   Link #592
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I just hope that the ending isn't a time loop.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 03:19   Link #593
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
I'll elaborate more. Implying that the supporters of "Kyuubey is this" does that while the possible outcome will be nothing more than a Godzilla/Final Fantasy kind of final battle just did not sit with me. So please, as someone who likes downer endings (DONE RIGHT), bittersweet endings and happy endings that feel like pyrrhic victories and question the actual worth of all of that, don't lump me, and other birds of the same feather, with the rest of the"Grimdork" crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
On the other hand, I'm not too concerned if it makes sense, and that the show doesn't chicken out on whatever it's trying.

It has the potential to accomplish what shows like Nanoha and Mai-HiME failed to do. Of course, I love these shows, but honestly, I felt that they chickened out at critical points.
Exactly. I am of the opinion that StrikerS have ultimately failed to bring the genre to a kind of maturity it desperately needs. It have played with fire, and even if some have burnt themselves, it doesn't feel like it have everlasting consequences.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 07:53   Link #594
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
I just hope that the ending isn't a time loop.
That would be awesome.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 14:52   Link #595
Phyris
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
The idea of time-travelling seems a little bit of out of sorts in this show, but we'll see how this will all work out.

I think the origin of Homura's character is the main mystery of the entire series, more so than the intentions behind Kyuube's actions. I would prefer it if we kept Kyuube enigmatic until the very end; I don't like the idea of some huge expositional plot development that basically turns what was a very original and exciting premise into just another contrived "good vs evil" melodrama. I'd like to think of Madoka's and Homura's story as just another tragedy in the long list of tragedies Kyuube comes upon in his line of work and by the end of it, he just gets on with his job as always. No happy endings were they don't belong; just tell it as it is, even if it means a few other girls are gonna get their heads bitten of along the way. This show hasn't been making any apologies so far, and they better not make one at the end.
Phyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 15:05   Link #596
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyris View Post
I'd like to think of Madoka's and Homura's story as just another tragedy in the long list of tragedies Kyuube comes upon in his line of work and by the end of it, he just gets on with his job as always. No happy endings were they don't belong; just tell it as it is, even if it means a few other girls are gonna get their heads bitten of along the way. This show hasn't been making any apologies so far, and they better not make one at the end.
I think there's too much plot developing here for that, too much foreshadowing. There's going to be a climatic battle IMO, don't know if "good vs evil", but along those lines. It's going to be decisive, so things are going to change quite a lot after that, and it's not going to be contrived because there's plenty of foreshadowing backing it up, and we'll see more and more clues until the show hits its climax. Just my two cents, we'll see what happens.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 14:04   Link #597
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Makoka is so stupid lol.
Sayaka's empty shell was kind of hot, I hit it.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 17:34   Link #598
MrSandman
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Mista Sandman here, you are on the path to 2 cents. MAKE YOUR TIME!

Spoiler for Madoka Magica Episode 6:
MrSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 08:30   Link #599
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
And I was hoping Kyouka would crush that little (◕‿‿◕) 's head
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 03:03   Link #600
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Outer space
I really enjoyed this episode. (Though, in truth, I've said that for every episode. After finishing one, I scurry off to tell my friends how awesome it was.) However, unlike a few other episodes, I couldn't rank it a 10. I gave a 9.

Kyoko is an entertaining character. She's so daring, and arrogant, I guess you could say.
As for Kyubie, I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride either way. I'm sure this anime won't disappoint.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

"Living is the same as fighting."

Tumblr
CrimsonSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
madness, madoka magica

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.