AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-15, 07:18   Link #421
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I seem to think that Charu being violent towards Ichika is more about her being swept up in the rest of the harem's antics. Left alone by herself, she cools down from being angry at him pretty easily. It's only when the REST of the girls are there...
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 07:24   Link #422
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
I seem to think that Charu being violent towards Ichika is more about her being swept up in the rest of the harem's antics. Left alone by herself, she cools down from being angry at him pretty easily. It's only when the REST of the girls are there...
i remember ichika describing her somewhere in the novels as being the scariest when angry
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 08:00   Link #423
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Well then, don't make her angry! At least your survival rate with Charu is a LOT higher than it would be with most of the other girls--where personality is concerned.

Firepower-wise, however...I don't think we've seen EVERYTHING that Rafale Revive Custom II's carrying.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 08:06   Link #424
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Firepower-wise, however...I don't think we've seen EVERYTHING that Rafale Revive Custom II's carrying.
are you waiting for her to call out an entire tank?
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 08:20   Link #425
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
are you waiting for her to call out an entire tank?
- [sarcasm]No, I'll use my immense charm to defuse the situation, seeing that I have a high enough Paragon score.[/sarcasm]

Short answer: I'd REALLY like to know what I'm dealing with before confronting it. Do remember that among the girls, the only one Ichika has duelled against in an IS and WON over him was Charu. And she wasn't even going all-out. True she's not the most technologically advanced or powerful IS, but she's go the skills (and firepower) to even that out.

And with <Rapid Switch>, she's quite capable of switching weapons types (and thus range effectiveness) on the fly.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 08:26   Link #426
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Short answer: I'd REALLY like to know what I'm dealing with before confronting it.
you will never know what the charlol pops out of her magic hat next
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 08:37   Link #427
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Well, I do have a basic gist of the (listed) weapons on Charu's IS. Although they label the Vent an "Assault Rifle", it's more of a Battle Rifle--i.e. high powered fast firing but not full-auto, intended for fights with considerable range but not quite sniping range. Obviously not as long-ranged or powerful as <Blue Tears> sniping cannon, bu the Vent rifle is smaller and more flexible at closer ranges.

And the <Rain of Saturday> shotguns pack quite a punch at mid-close range (as we've seen them take out Houki). <Gray Scale> proved itself pretty impressive in Charu's use of it.

This is where it gets fuzzy. I had to rewatch Ep8 again to see the <Bread Slicer> knife. I don't think the P90-lookalike SMGs were named, and I don't see the <Garm> cannon anywhere. I think they might have mentioned them in the LNs, but definitely not seen in the TV anime.

...unless the TV anime people have messed up, and the <Garm> is the Battle Rifle and the <Vent> are the P90-SMG types...

I don't believe it, I'm actually talking about weapons tech in a character thread and it's STILL on-topic...
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 09:03   Link #428
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Well, I do have a basic gist of the (listed) weapons on Charu's IS. Although they label the Vent an "Assault Rifle", it's more of a Battle Rifle--i.e. high powered fast firing but not full-auto, intended for fights with considerable range but not quite sniping range. Obviously not as long-ranged or powerful as <Blue Tears> sniping cannon, bu the Vent rifle is smaller and more flexible at closer ranges.

And the <Rain of Saturday> shotguns pack quite a punch at mid-close range (as we've seen them take out Houki). <Gray Scale> proved itself pretty impressive in Charu's use of it.

This is where it gets fuzzy. I had to rewatch Ep8 again to see the <Bread Slicer> knife. I don't think the P90-lookalike SMGs were named, and I don't see the <Garm> cannon anywhere. I think they might have mentioned them in the LNs, but definitely not seen in the TV anime.

...unless the TV anime people have messed up, and the <Garm> is the Battle Rifle and the <Vent> are the P90-SMG types...

I don't believe it, I'm actually talking about weapons tech in a character thread and it's STILL on-topic...
i wonder if the wiki's weapon list is complete

hhhmmm, if i recall correctly, the wiki lists about, say...20 weapons?

can anyone confirm the actual weapon count?
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 09:07   Link #429
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
20 bus slots, not weapons. We don't necessarily know if all of them are filled. Not to mention we can't assume that 1 bus slot = 1 weapon. Big weapons may take up more bus slots.

Has the LN actually mentioned the relationship between weaponry and bus slots?
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 22:12   Link #430
mangatron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Oh, I nearly forgot about the weapon slots. Reminds me of Mechwarrior and it's different hardpoints for a mech. Omni hardpoints ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk
I seem to think that Charu being violent towards Ichika is more about her being swept up in the rest of the harem's antics. Left alone by herself, she cools down from being angry at him pretty easily
I'm not so sure, her frustrations towards his obliviousness were building up pretty quickly, eventually her violent actions were going to happen. Episode 09 showed that quite well. Think of it another way: the end of episode 12 was practically the first time she's seen him alone with another girl ever since she went Full Girl
__________________

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at 88%, I hurt like an abused masochist...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 22:24   Link #431
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
since she went Full Girl
oh god, that sounds so wrong
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 22:34   Link #432
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I'm not so sure, her frustrations towards his obliviousness were building up pretty quickly, eventually her violent actions were going to happen.
- ...I keep forgetting that most of us guys would have already gotten the first two VERY STRONG hints you'd get from Charu. Not Ichika, though...
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 22:59   Link #433
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
- ...I keep forgetting that most of us guys would have already gotten the first two VERY STRONG hints you'd get from Charu. Not Ichika, though...
heck, by that time i'd already be with someone, harem would be impossible for an ordinary guy

unless...you do it on purpose
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 23:37   Link #434
mangatron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
And that's why it's Ichi's fault for the behavior of the girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
oh god, that sounds so wrong
How else am I supposed to say it "The reverse trap was... reversed."? I'd have to say "Full Girl" sounds, appropriate, considering she left her hairstyle largely unchanged in both gender modes, as well as.... still with the tennis shoes *runs*
__________________

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at 88%, I hurt like an abused masochist...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 23:40   Link #435
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
still with the tennis shoes
tennis shoes? really?

the only footwear i've paid much attention to is well, ling's
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 23:53   Link #436
mangatron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
tennis shoes? really?

the only footwear i've paid much attention to is well, ling's
Seriously, she's wearing something like sneakers, I just call it tennis shoes because her appearance (tennis shoes, low cut socks and bare legs) make her look like a tennis player

and Ling clearly wins the footwear contest
__________________

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at 88%, I hurt like an abused masochist...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 00:07   Link #437
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Didn't really notice the shoes thing. I don't have a foot fetish

Actually, assuming Charu--or any of Ichika's harem for that matter--were in love with someone else, what are the chances they'd even get this violent?
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 00:16   Link #438
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Actually, assuming Charu--or any of Ichika's harem for that matter--were in love with someone else, what are the chances they'd even get this violent?
OVER 9000!!!!!!!

i guess it depends on the guy...you know, idiocy levels and all


Quote:
and Ling clearly wins the footwear contest
definitely
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 00:37   Link #439
mangatron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Didn't really notice the shoes thing. I don't have a foot fetish
I-it's not like I have a foot fetish, it's just the legs, Shirley definitely provides the bare legs service for this series

Quote:
Actually, assuming Charu--or any of Ichika's harem for that matter--were in love with someone else, what are the chances they'd even get this violent?
Oh I don't think they'd get violent. Let's use Dan the Ran-niichan as an example, he's clearly aware of a girls' advances, and you'd think a guy with a sister obviously makes it easier for him, but Ichi has a sister too so Dan is way more aware of a girls' feelings than Ichi
__________________

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at 88%, I hurt like an abused masochist...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 03:04   Link #440
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
...if you put it that way. Doesn't stop Dan being mauled by his sister, though.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.