AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 19:24   Link #3441
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Who was our third for the KV-2 Premium Platoon of Death[1]?

Also, is it upgraded yet? It's not silly season unless it's all 152s.

[1]Their death or ours? I'm inclined to think both, because the KV-2 really doesn't do well without the right terrain and the right support. I'm not sure if three KV-2s count as "support," either.

I figure that if I farm my elite tanks really hard for about a week, and shoot in about $75, I could comfortably get myself a Tier X. Whether this is actually a good cost/time trade is the question, because it would drive me crazy to stick myself into one tank for another 200 games, but also cost less.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:28   Link #3442
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'll pass on the KVs, thanks. I'll stick to the IS, as I've already had more than my fill of lumbering... glaciers with the Churchill.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:30   Link #3443
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Pie chart goodness;

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The most surprising thing I've realised is that I've actually played more mediums than I have heavies.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 19:34   Link #3444
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Spoiler for MUP's clan:

here is the statistics for our clan. but only about 10 - 15 active members out of 28. so its not too bad for a clan that doesn't take it too serious and plays for fun only.
I'm a little disturbed that my efficiency/WN7 is holding up so well considering that I play with random pub types 95% of the time.

On the other hand, I play objective-oriented more than I try to run up my stats. (Yes, I have died 15 times in a row trying to keep the intel alive in TF2 CTF.)
Old 2013-02-27, 20:27   Link #3445
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

heheh, looks at my BF3 stats there just as bad as my WoT stats.

Spoiler for BF3 content WARNING!::
Old 2013-02-27, 20:32   Link #3446
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

RRW i have the T25/2 and yeah it sux now that I know the upgraded 90mm doesn't do too well for its own tier. Its more of a so-so tank, the spd isn't like the hellcat's either.
Old 2013-02-27, 20:37   Link #3447
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
RRW i have the T25/2 and yeah it sux now that I know the upgraded 90mm doesn't do too well for its own tier. Its more of a so-so tank, the spd isn't like the hellcat's either.
both T25/2 and T28 Prot is consider to be worse tank in US Turret TD. is not bad on it's own but feel flawed compare to rest of US Turret TD

otherwise US Turret TD is consider to be one of the best overall line in the game
Old 2013-02-27, 22:34   Link #3448
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
both T25/2 and T28 Prot is consider to be worse tank in US Turret TD. is not bad on it's own but feel flawed compare to rest of US Turret TD

otherwise US Turret TD is consider to be one of the best overall line in the game
actually the proto is quite good. some tanks can pen the front of it. the only downside it will get flanked like turretless TD pretty easily if u let it get flanked. so u have to strategize ur route and keep a fair amount of distance.
Old 2013-02-27, 22:39   Link #3449
Ithekro
Warning

Who controls the Ratte. The AI, a developer, or one random player?
Old 2013-02-27, 22:47   Link #3450
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I have no idea man.
Old 2013-02-27, 22:49   Link #3451
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Three developers; one to drive and control the main turret, and two to operate the rear guns.

That said, such a game mode would be all too easy to beat; people would bring one or two scouts to keep the Ratte in their sights, and everyone else would bring T92s, S-51s and Object 212s.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 22:55   Link #3452
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

remind me to april fool

YouTube
Old 2013-02-27, 23:07   Link #3453
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
YouTube
Whaaa........?

I'll definitely be looking for the 2 meter exhaust port on that thing.

Endless "Bullseye womp rats" Soul
Old 2013-02-27, 23:34   Link #3454
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

ah that thing that Q showed me. huh looks it would one anything that it sees.
Old 2013-02-27, 23:35   Link #3455
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^ That thing was actually an April's Fool joke. Still they REALLY considered that as a game mode, maybe in a future.
Old 2013-02-27, 23:51   Link #3456
Sumeragi
Banned

Self-description of strategic style:

My role is basically a sniping Stoßtrupp, infiltrating enemy lines while bypassing and avoiding what enemy strong points I could and engaging to my best advantage when and where I am forced to, leaving decisive engagement against bypassed units to following heavier allies. This play style contributes to my somewhat absurd spotting damages which tend to exceed my actual damages, although my sniping isn't shabby either. I'm also not afraid to brawl with enemy tanks, throwing in ramming assaults for extra measures.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 00:26   Link #3457
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Self-description of strategic style:

My role is basically a sniping Stoßtrupp, infiltrating enemy lines while bypassing and avoiding what enemy strong points I could and engaging to my best advantage when and where I am forced to, leaving decisive engagement against bypassed units to following heavier allies. This play style contributes to my somewhat absurd spotting damages which tend to exceed my actual damages, although my sniping isn't shabby either. I'm also not afraid to brawl with enemy tanks, throwing in ramming assaults for extra measures.
You are the opposite of me. My playstyle is always to rush head on to the enemy and face them (if i'm playind a well armored beast i brawl). Very few times i've actually sniped i don't like to snipe that much, because: snipe => cover => camo => bushes => 9 fps.
Old 2013-02-28, 00:44   Link #3458
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I play defensively in my heavies and aggressively in my mediums. I'm very much an area-denial focused player - defensively I set up in a nice spot and force the enemy team to bleed resources (tanks, HP, time) in order to dig me out. Offensively I patrol/camp and deny the enemy an area by establishing vision control on it and enabling my allies to shoot anything that crosses my killing field. Or I flank and cause enemies to peel off a defensive position to come after me and weaken their defensive line.

My attacking style in my US heavies has been described as "moving my camp spot up to the enemy team's face."

In my TDs though, I like the assault gun role - go to the weak point in the enemy's offense and shatter their offensive line/morale/confidence. When I played my Jagdtiger I played much more defensively however, it doesn't work as well as an assault gun as the T95 or Foch do.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 03:08   Link #3459
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

For me I'm the jack of all trades. I can lone wolf/one man army myself. Or I can play support role and assist kill or kill. I only play aggressive in my US heavies if I know their gonna bounce shots.

But recently there has been a fluctuation of players learning the weakness of US heavies, which is mainly the hull. the only way to counter that is to face hug them and smooch. then back up and shoot at their weak spots. Such of which are the Machine Gun mount, View Finder, and hatch or lower hull. The downside is that US heavies can easily be flanked becuz of their slow turn rate,

So you at a disadvantage if your up against something of the scout level or Hellcat level.

That being said you'll need to rely on skill and luck that you hits will kill them before they kill you as US heavy.

Note: T1 Heavy and M6 tend to have the most armor in the front, therefore even gold will not pen their front. The only option is to flank its side or arse, or try to get under the hull.

But if you have a gun like the KV 1S or IS then you should be able to pen its frontal armor.
Old 2013-02-28, 04:36   Link #3460
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
I play defensively in my heavies and aggressively in my mediums. I'm very much an area-denial focused player - defensively I set up in a nice spot and force the enemy team to bleed resources (tanks, HP, time) in order to dig me out. Offensively I patrol/camp and deny the enemy an area by establishing vision control on it and enabling my allies to shoot anything that crosses my killing field. Or I flank and cause enemies to peel off a defensive position to come after me and weaken their defensive line.

My attacking style in my US heavies has been described as "moving my camp spot up to the enemy team's face."

In my TDs though, I like the assault gun role - go to the weak point in the enemy's offense and shatter their offensive line/morale/confidence. When I played my Jagdtiger I played much more defensively however, it doesn't work as well as an assault gun as the T95 or Foch do.
The upcoming British TD line should be right up your alley then. From the Tier V AT-2 onwards till the Tier IX Tortoise area denial is essentially what the British TD's are good at: thick frontal armor (The Tier V has 203mm of frontal armor at thickest!) and fast firing guns (and from the Tier VI AT-8, good penetration as well).

They're kinda slow though, but then if all you're planning is camping a spot and then sending rounds downrange at anyone who looks at you funny then you don't need speed much.

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks