AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-17, 14:58   Link #5241
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Touma is going to get a kick out of this

Courtesy of ToAru generator.

- Tak
ah so you found out about that website too huh. yeah I knew about that A certain title generator, but i never got around to use it.

and yes I think its prolly a server issue if your lagging with pings that go above 100, I usually myself never go past 60 ping, and i'm playing on wireless..... with a 2nd or 3rd generation laptop. prolly 2nd cuz i7 core is 3rd generation.

http://to-a.ru/

if you want to make a logo. And yes I was thinking about making a new logo using that, but I love my dogtag To Aru Majutsu no Index. Hmmm that gives me an idea to make my avatar pic into a logo instead of what i have right now.

well i'm sure i'll be getting both the 121 and the T62A sooner or later, T62A will be on the main acct, and 121 will be on my alt acct, so yeah I don't want to kick out my alt at all if i get the 121 on it.

the 183 huh, well it might take you half a year if your grinding normally, just to get it set up with rammer, vents, and GLD, then get the tank itself, but you'll still have a rate of fire of 2 or 3 per min. its an insane tank that needs to be played as a sniper only, why you might ask, well ever see one trying to brawl up close with tanks that have a rate of fire double its own?..... that's why 183 is viable, yet so fragile at the same time, talk about double edged sword. HEHHEHEH if you're using HE you might kill yourself in a hugging brawl as well as the enemy, I did that once on my KV 2. Cuz I denied the enemy a kill cuz i suicided HE myself to death.
Old 2013-04-17, 15:01   Link #5242
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
By the way, I bought M22 locust to play for fun. I have to say: I totally LOVE it.

Its speed, its gun, and its MM are great.
I have it too and am a little less enthusiastic about it, its quick alright but its turning circle is awful and it has a habit of getting stuck on rocks and such, even its gun is pretty average for its tier.

That said its not a bad tank with its small size makes it difficult to hit and when you do have a good round its certainly fun.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:37   Link #5243
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
As soon as I finish polishing my crew skills on my favorite tanks, I'll probably work on the British tank destroyer line. I have my eyes set on the FV215b 183 as my first tier 10 tank, and it'll surely take months for me for get it.
I want the FV 183 also and it is a very long journey

And my win rate just keeps dropping.

And Touma next time my wing man is on ill invite you and you can see he destroys us
http://www.noobmeter.com/compareplay...pen3/kampfer91

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-04-17 at 15:47.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 18:00   Link #5244
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
-snip-
Thanks, that's pretty in-depth and really helpful, I'll try to keep all of that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Wait, someone has not kidnapped RWBladewing yet? Whats going on? My fellow agents of MuP's Secret Police?

Anyway, I advise not entering the British Medium line. Their end-game vehicle has a very bad game-mechanics translation. If you are looking for a Medium in general, I suggest:

Batchat, 121 or T-62A for excellence in mix of speed, armor and firepower. I personally like the 121 most from that list. Its basically a T-62A with a gun that makes a point.

ATM, I am gunning for the Leo, but thats because I've learned to use it somewhat effectively. Though its really not a vehicle for everyone. I am also doing it just to spite WG in general.

- Tak
They haven't been able to find me because I am hiding in one of the hundreds of burnt out wrecks of my tanks.

I'll keep these suggestions in mind as well. The number of options is really overwhelming so it's great to get some direction.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 18:06   Link #5245
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I want the FV 183 also and it is a very long journey

And my win rate just keeps dropping.

And Touma next time my wing man is on ill invite you and you can see he destroys us
http://www.noobmeter.com/compareplay...pen3/kampfer91
Thats if i'm not in platoon already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Thanks, that's pretty in-depth and really helpful, I'll try to keep all of that in mind.

They haven't been able to find me because I am hiding in one of the hundreds of burnt out wrecks of my tanks.

I'll keep these suggestions in mind as well. The number of options is really overwhelming so it's great to get some direction.
you better claim your spot, cuz Q said he's gonna close invites and applications once we hit 60 members strong, right now he said we're around 50. so its not long until we hit his proposed cap until he lifts it off from ban.
Old 2013-04-17, 18:13   Link #5246
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

A slight misinterpretation there buddy At 60, I will be examining our roster for quality control... We are reaching that fairly quickly, though.

How I administer quality control is another story...

But, I don't care if you are low tier. I only care if you are active or inactive.

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 18:18   Link #5247
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

well that means you need to be more active to decide who's active Q, unless you want us to tell you who's been inactive as officers.
Old 2013-04-17, 18:38   Link #5248
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
well that means you need to be more active to decide who's active Q, unless you want us to tell you who's been inactive as officers.
A simple private msg to said player via WoT always work.

As for being more active than I already am? Sorry KT, we adults have this nasty thing called making a living

Someone has to pay the bills...

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 18:38   Link #5249
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
The number of options is really overwhelming so it's great to get some direction.
Yep, it is kind of overwhelming. Which is why if you're relatively new it's good to stick to one line first before deciding on whether or not trying out another country's machines, or even jump vehicle types (heavies, tank destroyers, and artillery) in the same country's tech tree.

Some rules of thumb though for general country characteristics, particularly their mediums:

* The USA's mediums from the Sherman onward aremiddle-of-the road types, with okay guns and average armor and speed, but with excellent gun depression. Coupled with often good turret armor, they can peek over hills and bumpy terrain and take shots without danger of the enemy hitting their more vulnerable hulls.

* Germany's mediums -- and indeed, their tanks in general -- have very accurate long-ranged guns. This makes them great snipers, but as Sumeragi is always quick to point out, they can also brawl in a pinch. The latter isn't always advisable though, as while their front armor is okay, their sides are vulnerable, unless you're fond of using the howitzers/derps.

* UK's mediums, the so-called cruisers, are very agile. However as mentioned several times in this own thread, the armor is often sub-par for its tier (barring the Matilda!), and their guns lack damage (when your version of the howitzer can't 1-hit lights, then you have a problem!). They make up for that though with a better ROF though, but you're going to have to rely a bit on flanking to get the job done.

* French mediums... don't exist until Tier 9 (where you get the Lorraine 40t). :P Until then you have light tanks, starting with the ELC AMX, who feature literal paper armor (40 mm is as high as you can get at times!), high speeds, and big guns. From Tier 6 onwards, they gain autoloaders, which give you the ability to do massive burst damage in return for a very LONG reload time after you use up your magazine. Wait for opportunities, flank, unload, then RUN AWAY.

* Soviet mediums (barring the T-34 and its 57mm buzzsaw) are mid-range fighters. Barring a few exceptions, their guns don't have good accuracy, but make up for it with great alpha/1st-strike damage. Until you hit the T-54 though, they're best used in a support role, helping flank distracted tanks or late-game linebreaking.

* Can't speak for the Chinese line, as their tier 5 is just a version of the T-34, with a different load-out of guns. Until you get to the branch after the Type 58, play them like you would play a Soviet tank.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-04-17 at 18:55.
Myssa Rei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 19:08   Link #5250
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

The problem with Cold War tanks: They were bat**** insane.
Old 2013-04-17, 19:21   Link #5251
Sumeragi
Banned

Reversing the Tide

Armor + Position = Victory
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 19:24   Link #5252
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
The problem with Cold War tanks: They were bat**** insane.
A hood ornament for tanks?
Old 2013-04-17, 21:04   Link #5253
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Armor + Position = Victory
Oh Ferdi, your ability to turn games completely around pubbie games is so completely silly. Then again all it takes is one guy spamming gold all the time .. *cough*KT*cough*
Old 2013-04-17, 21:40   Link #5254
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Skirmish XVI

Should we give it a try?
Old 2013-04-17, 21:59   Link #5255
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Flawless victory. That is all. And yes, it is Tier 3. We went seal-clubbing after some bad, bad rounds.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-17, 22:19   Link #5256
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
I almost had a flawless victory with my SU-76 until one tank decided to die while we charged at their base
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 22:31   Link #5257
Sumeragi
Banned

Talk about a nice battle from the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Ace Master Е-50 Ausf. M

And this was only my sixth battle. 100% win rate and going strong.
Old 2013-04-17, 22:39   Link #5258
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I FPS drop in every game I play, its not just WoT anymore. either my laptop's graphics is dying or my HD is dying, its prolly the former.

Yeah I'll be taking a 3 day break from WoT starting tomorrow.

so you'll know I won't be on, getting bored of tanks.
Old 2013-04-17, 23:20   Link #5259
Sumeragi
Banned

Dancing in the Field:

Being annoyed at the campers (which was basically everyone), I went into the field alone..... and baited enough enemies to conquer the west.
Old 2013-04-17, 23:39   Link #5260
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

So yeah I think when I get back from my break, don't expect me to platoon anymore, and I prolly won't chat much either, since i'll be grinding the T57 and T62A.

Therefore all invites whatsoever will be rejected regardless, except for exceptions I'll declare soon after I come back.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks