AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-22, 21:28   Link #5481
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Whats this?
It's a mod that uses player stats to predict match win chances, based on equations some WoT users on the Russian servers came up with. Pen3 or Leo can give more details on it. It's the cause of the little percentage numbers on the top of both Pen3 and my screenshots.

People use it as a tool to formulate tactics (which is good), while others use it as a REPLACEMENT for tactical thinking (which is bad). The latter usually happens whenever it predicts good win chances, which said dumbasses use as an excuse to lemming because they expect to win the match anyway. Which doesn't really happen sometimes.

If you're starting out, word of advice: DON'T get it. You'll feel a whole lot better about your matches.
Old 2013-04-22, 21:38   Link #5482
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Whats this?
Quote:
It's a mod that uses player stats to predict match win chances, based on equations some WoT users on the Russian servers came up with. Pen3 or Leo can give more details on it. It's the cause of the little percentage numbers on the top of both Pen3 and my screenshots.
I don't actually use the win percentage function. What my XVM installation tells me are the winrate, efficiency, and number of battles of each player in the round. The players are then segmented into color-coded categories: bad, poor, decent, good, great, pro. If I see a lot of blue and purple on my team, I know that the chances of my team working together and playing well are far higher than if my team is full of "autumn leaves".
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 21:48   Link #5483
Marina2

I don't understand why some people use mod that show the win rate of all players in the room or mod that calculate your wining chance in each game. It will just increase your stress.

For me, I always see everything at 50% in the beginning of each game. (Even though, it fact, it doesn't). Moreover, I value each player performence in each game more than their overall performence. As sometime even 'bad player' can become the star of the match if a situation is in favor of him.

There is really no point to know winrate of other player.......only thing that I can think off is it's easier to know who you want to stick with in a match. Is this the main reason?
Old 2013-04-22, 21:56   Link #5484
Pen3

I don't pay to much attention to the wins, but I like the minimap and the opponents eff lets be play aggressive or safe. If his eff is red then it is most likely that he will panic or not know my weakspots so I can either charge him or ninja depending on map and tank.

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-04-22 at 22:10.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 22:12   Link #5485
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
only thing that I can think off is it's easier to know who you want to stick with in a match. Is this the main reason?
It gives you an idea on who on the team has a good idea of what they're supposed to be doing, true. However, it also leads to overconfidence, which can lead to VERY bad losses.

Like I said, use it as a guide if you have it, rather than a replacement for actual thinking. Remember, even a purple player will go down when swarmed by a ton of so-called "autumn leaf" players.
Old 2013-04-22, 22:35   Link #5486
Kimidori
Let's Play

XVM also help you pick your target, for example, if there are 2 tank in your line of fire, but if one is pro and other is bad, you should always chose to shoot the pro guys instead of the bad, it help the team a lots in winning the game.
Old 2013-04-22, 22:42   Link #5487
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
MuP, the wonder clan, boosting everyone's wins since 2012!

Join us today and receive a free pat on the back!

OTOH, you are playing a M3 Lee, pretty much voted as worst Tier 4 by the community. But don't worry, in most tank trees, there will always be a tier with terrible grind. You are lucky to have the M3 at 4.

- Tak
Haha, are you going to keep inviting me until I accept? I could understand the persistence if it was a good player you were after but this is kinda like the manager of a professional sports team aggressively trying to recruit kids from the little league. Do you really want another casual/new/bad player who will not participate in tournaments or clan wars, and whose only distinguishing feature is that he happens to post at the same anime forum as you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
anyways i've friended RWBladewing on WoT.

hit me up RW if u want to roll Lee with me sometime. I still have mine.
Uh, I just hope you didn't get the wrong idea from the screenshots I post, haha. For every game like those there are 20 where I'm destroyed without a single point of damage done to an enemy.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 22:44   Link #5488
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Tank locking is going to go into effect on the NA servers for Clan Wars (finally), which further raises the bar for clans without a brigade of Tier 10s.

I got an Invader medal in a KV-2 despite being shot by my own team in an attempt to delay the cap so that the final enemy tank could be killed (and despite no one being anywhere near a Top Gun or anything like that). I took damage, but the progress bar kept going, and I wasn't platooned.

This might have been because the bar was close to 100% at the end anyway.

Also, I had to restrain myself from firing back. DO NOT ANTAGONIZE A KV-2.
Old 2013-04-22, 23:03   Link #5489
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

That's one of the weird mentalities I'm thoroughly disappointed about in public matches. Why would you sabotage your own team, when you're WINNING, just to get in one more kill?

*shakes head at the countless times where tanks DRIVE OFF THE CAP to chase another tank, and in the process lose the game*
Old 2013-04-22, 23:12   Link #5490
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

One of my best recent battles with the KV-2 was a tier 8 match. I did a good amount of damage and ended up getting the highest XP in the team. It really helped having good teammates, of course.

- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1993 OVA)
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Tempester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 23:25   Link #5491
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

God damn, don't play for 2 months come back to a 4.6gb patch, lolwut.
Old 2013-04-23, 00:32   Link #5492
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

A tier 12 battle
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images

hellcat fetish

Images

Tier 11 battle

Images

The Road Block

Images

also this is me when i see my WR now.

Old 2013-04-23, 00:53   Link #5493
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I don't understand why some people use mod that show the win rate of all players in the room or mod that calculate your wining chance in each game. It will just increase your stress.

For me, I always see everything at 50% in the beginning of each game. (Even though, it fact, it doesn't). Moreover, I value each player performence in each game more than their overall performence. As sometime even 'bad player' can become the star of the match if a situation is in favor of him.

There is really no point to know winrate of other player.......only thing that I can think off is it's easier to know who you want to stick with in a match. Is this the main reason?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I don't pay to much attention to the wins, but I like the minimap and the opponents eff lets be play aggressive or safe. If his eff is red then it is most likely that he will panic or not know my weakspots so I can either charge him or ninja depending on map and tank.
Pen says it pretty well. Do I trust that Lowe behind me to cover my a** if I decide to charge to the next piece of cover? His WR and efficiency are good to know.

And yeah the stress level gets higher but it's kind of like the invention of microscopes, before, you couldn't see disease germs and now you can.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 00:58   Link #5494
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Quote:
The Road Block

Images
I can't help but laugh at the M8A1 in that screenshot.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1993 OVA)
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Tempester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 08:25   Link #5495
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I can't help but laugh at the M8A1 in that screenshot.
nice wheely, but in the end he did make it thru, what killed me was a stugiii, but then again i was shot by at three or more tanks, I did alot of dmg to the church and KV 1 behind, but i didn't kill anything.

KV 1S fetish maybe

Images

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-04-23 at 09:47.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 10:23   Link #5496
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Going against the odds.

Images

Needless to say, I was probably the only one on the team that had an inkling on how bleak the chances were (I think I was the only one with green stats anywhere), made worse by a terrible start, with some tanks actually going out in the middle AND a whole bunch of the opposing team making it to the beach.

And this while me and an M2 Medium were heading the hill... to find that no one was there. This gave a chance to outflank, and despite the interference of a T40 and a Pz38nA, it was the chance our team needed to pull back from the brink, as the Locust, our 38nA, and the Lee used to confusion to cross over and follow us, which led to the spotting of a good chunk of their people. It was funny, especially since their arty all were clustered around a single area (barring the one that went TD mode to get me).

Oh, and their B1 was close to the hills on the upper right for some reason (my team started on the south), and their Lee was sitting in a bush by their flag.
Old 2013-04-23, 10:29   Link #5497
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Images

DAT Frontal Armor!
DAT Howitzer!

Is kinda nice to see when you enemy machine gun cannot do any damage to my tank while you waiting for your gun to reload
Old 2013-04-23, 10:38   Link #5498
Kimidori
Let's Play

Garbad E-50M review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbad
E-50M

Note the rust flavored camo. I consider this symbolic.

http://mwreplays.com...y/8OO77QWKTJ9M/
(Sorry for the old replay, the new ones are on my other PC)

GEAR/EQUIPMENT:

Vert / Rammer / Vents
6th + camo / BIA / view + Repairs + RAMMING SPEED

Like the M48, the great debate is camo. Its the size of a whale, so generally camo is not enough -- your only defense is not being seen at all. But I decided to invest in camo just in case. I elected for no spotting gear since because of the tank's bloated size, spotting under any conditions is more likely to get you killed than the reverse. The rest is pretty standard stuff.

PROTECTION:

+ Thick turret, reasonably well armored/angled front
+ highest HP in tier
+ fairly decent sides, acceptable sidescraping potential (although somewhat prone to getting tracked)
- bloated, fat, obese, super sized -- easy to hit, impossible to hide, easy for whackamoles to whack
- Poor camo values

Conclusion: The E-50M is probably the best protected medium in terms of overall armor/hp...but its also the worst in terms of camo/size. Its tiny armor advantage in no way compensates for its bloated size/camo, and thus, is extremely vulnerable at all times.

MOBILITY:

+ Good top speed
+ fair acceleration, turning, and so on
+ good at ramming
- slow to stop/change directions

Conclusion: Acceleration/turning could be better, but is decent enough. Its not exactly quick, but its ok. Its clumsy in close range movement, due to its size/weight, but can do well in a long race. The only real positive is it can ram tanks, which tells you a lot about how serious of a tank WG intended this thing to be.

FIREPOWER:

+ good alpha effective heat round
+ excellent accuracy, good aimtime, and impulse
- DPM could be better
- Poor depression

Conclusion: The gun itself is probably the best in tier, debatably. Although its DPM is a bit lower than peers, it has exceptional precision in firing, making it possible to reliably hit weak points at up to 600m. However, your peers can do that almost as well, and they aren't the size of a whale, can depress, and have better DPM.

COMPARED TO PEERS:

+ Fairly good toughness/HP/armor...except for the fact you are bloated and impossible to hide
+ Excellent sniper, great precision fire...if you can manage to find a flat spot with a triple bush
- Huge size, crap camo, soso agility, meh DPM, crap depression
- Like all german tanks, the victim of serbian anti german bias

The E-50M is most comparable to the FV4202 and the M48A1. Compared to the FV4202, it has better precision and more HP/speed, but much worse camo/depression. This makes the FV4202 a better sniper overall in most situations, although you have a bit more brute power and speed. The M48A1 is similar -- you have speed, but are bloated in size. And compared to the other mediums, the E-50M looks even worse -- as a brute brawler, the 121 will rip you to shreds due to higher alpha/dpm/smaller size and the T-62A would outdpm you, move better, outscout you, and for the hell of it can easily outsnipe you due to superior camo. In short, the E-50M is worse than every other medium in almost any context.

CLAN WARS:

Never used. Its too weak/unarmored/low dpm to serve as a brawler/flanker, isn't even as good of a sniper as many of its peers, and is all around worthless. I've seen clans pick T-54s rather than use this tank. Once I convinced G to let me use this, and was oneshotted by an arty less than 2 minutes into the fight. I considered that a good game.

BOTTOM LINE:

The E-50M is bad...as it was designed to be. Its a poorly developed 1940s sketch matched up against refined cold war designs. It is flawed in concept and in execution. In theory, its a sniper....yet due to its bloated size/camo a tank like a T-62A is superior to it...and the T-62A isn't even a great sniper. In a brawl its clumsy, low DPM, and armor isn't sufficient to withstand the titans. It also suffers from silly amounts of bad hidden stats. For example, its camo -- 2.5m tall T-62A = 17.5% camo. 3m tall E50M? 6%, aka, may as well be zero camo. Another example is the engine -- those who remember the introduction of this tank will remember how they nerfed the E-50, then unnerfed it and renamed it the E-50M (the tank description pretends this is history, which is comical). So basically, WG took the worst t9 medium, left it unchanged, and bumped it up to a tier 10...with predictable results.

For positives...well, its gun is good. Of course, so is every other t10 med's gun, and they have camo/better dpm/depression. So basically, fark off germans. The E-50M doesn't feel as much like a tank as a statement to help germans learn their place -- well beneath the russians in every respect.

Verdict: 4/10
Old 2013-04-23, 11:01   Link #5499
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

well i guess CW is not gonna be are thing until ppl actually get more than one tier Xs, well i'm working on my 4th, so i'm good and ready.
Old 2013-04-23, 11:03   Link #5500
Kimidori
Let's Play

Quote:
well i guess CW is not gonna be are thing until ppl actually get more than one tier Xs, well i'm working on my 4th, so i'm good and ready.
with tank locking next patch, you need at least 5 t10 to be competitive.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks