AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-29, 23:47   Link #5721
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You know this is perfectly expected behavior in low-tier battles. What's really frustrating though is when you still see stuff like this happening in tiers 6 and above, where people should actually know better.

See how much the "Hey Churchill (the Black Prince), go scout!" comment gets a laugh out of us, because anyone who GETS to that tier (7) should really be familiar with the fact that the Churchill series are some of the slowest heavies around, and not for scouting.
How often do you see idiots ramming into each other as the match starts in higher tiers? Because there were several battles that were Tier 5 or higher in which some moron slammed directly into my Sherman as I was just going straight from my starting position and I was penalized for "causing damage to allies".
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 23:58   Link #5722
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
How often do you see idiots ramming into each other as the match starts in higher tiers?
Actually it's pretty common, especially in pubs, as everyone is trying to figure out where to go based on where the rest of the team is headed.
Old 2013-04-30, 00:00   Link #5723
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I maybe use IS since it fit my one line per nation objective
Old 2013-04-30, 00:07   Link #5724
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I maybe use IS since it fit my one line per nation objective
Hope you like brawling, as the 122mms that the IS line uses have low accuracy at distances more than 200 meters. Well that, and they have slow reload times too.
Old 2013-04-30, 00:18   Link #5725
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Quote:
Hope you like brawling, as the 122mms that the IS line uses have low accuracy at distances more than 200 meters. Well that, and they have slow reload times too.
It's also got a middling muzzle velocity, which is a factor in many of its hilarious bounces against (higher) tiers. The BL-9 at least has some spunk, but you won't be seeing that until the IS-3.

Incidentally, since my IS-3 crew has BiA active, I took the vents off and replaced them with an EGLD, which, stacked on top of the stabilizer, has helped the aim time... though I can feel the fractional penalty to the reload time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
and now you can't say be like Touma, since UTE is beating my WR, he's pretty much more blue than me, accordin to XVM and WoTlabs ting.
Blah, I've been just short of a full-on 54% WR for the last 48 hours, and it's been bothering me more than it should, which is also compromising my dailies since my chances are somewhat better with my good crews rather than seeing premium tank stupidity at Tier 8. (Instead, I just see general stupidity at all of the other tiers.) I would rather have solid efficiency/WN7 numbers than worry about my winrate, but on the other hand it's a cushion against the XVM whiners.

It took 4000 games to go from 51% to 54%.

Also, you weren't around for my explosive ragequit tonight, when I... ragequit. It was like our platoon was fighting the entire other team most of the time.

Quote:
How often do you see idiots ramming into each other as the match starts in higher tiers?
I considered whether it would be possible to implement a short period of noclipped or invulnerable tanks at the start of the match, which would mitigate some of the stupidity, but in the end it's a harsh world and people are blithering idiots.
Old 2013-04-30, 00:24   Link #5726
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I don't find blind ramming at match start as much as a problem as over-excited nincompoops starting shooting as they drive forward from the starting point. Especially when said over-excited shooting hits an overly-sensitive ally, who THEN shoots back, which causes a chain reaction of team-fragging. Ugh.

Honestly, it's hard to be happy when your allied derp Sherman/PzIV hits you with a HEAT round that cripples you so much (if not outright killing you) that you can't contribute in any kind of manner in a match.
Old 2013-04-30, 00:30   Link #5727
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Oh, and the mysterious Hei_ has the best raw numbers of MUP so far, though they also have a comparatively fewer number of games.
Old 2013-04-30, 03:25   Link #5728
Sumeragi
Banned

My submission for Creative Contest Parody Song Lyric:

On the field there roars a little Jagdpanzer
And her name is Ferdinand
A hundred thousand arty shells
Bloom around Ferdinand
Because her gun is full of carnage,
Her rugged armor gives off a tender shine

Back home lives a doctor
And his name is Ferdinand
This doctor is my true little doctor
And my happiness, Ferdinand
When the Jagdpanzer on the field booms AP rounds,
I sing her this song in greeting.
And her name is Elefant

Another little Jagdpanzer roars in my small base
In the first rays of the morning and in the twilight
It looks at me, Ferdinand
And it seems to me it speaks aloud:
Are you still thinking of your little groom?
Back home a doctor weeps for you
And his name is Ferdinand

Instrumental
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 03:34   Link #5729
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

it...doesnt sound good

I like the story thought
Old 2013-04-30, 03:37   Link #5730
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
it...doesnt sound good
Well, it's hard to match English to a German melody.
Old 2013-04-30, 06:54   Link #5731
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
I don't find blind ramming at match start as much as a problem as over-excited nincompoops starting shooting as they drive forward from the starting point. Especially when said over-excited shooting hits an overly-sensitive ally, who THEN shoots back, which causes a chain reaction of team-fragging. Ugh.

Honestly, it's hard to be happy when your allied derp Sherman/PzIV hits you with a HEAT round that cripples you so much (if not outright killing you) that you can't contribute in any kind of manner in a match.
Yeah I've seen that happen plenty of times already. I've also ended up losing a match because someone on my team decided we'd already won and began blowing up allies who were capturing the base. I've seen people start shooting at each other during or immediately after base capture far more often than I'd like, actually. I don't know why people seem to think that's so fun.
Old 2013-04-30, 09:33   Link #5732
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Yeah I've seen that happen plenty of times already. I've also ended up losing a match because someone on my team decided we'd already won and began blowing up allies who were capturing the base. I've seen people start shooting at each other during or immediately after base capture far more often than I'd like, actually. I don't know why people seem to think that's so fun.
Sometimes people can be douchebaggy to their platoon mates, since you don't pay penalties for damaging platoon mates.

However the worst is when you're in a high tier tank, and a low tier one rams you in the beginning, loses like 10 life, blames you, and then shoots you in the back and lights you on fire.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 09:45   Link #5733
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

that not as bad as crashing every time, losing games. bah WoT is buggy. can't play one game without crashing on my desktop.
Old 2013-04-30, 10:27   Link #5734
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Sometimes people can be douchebaggy to their platoon mates, since you don't pay penalties for damaging platoon mates.

However the worst is when you're in a high tier tank, and a low tier one rams you in the beginning, loses like 10 life, blames you, and then shoots you in the back and lights you on fire.
How about when a higher tier tank rams you out of cover from behind and then proceeds to just sit in that spot, preventing you from getting back and causing you to die a few seconds later?

Or when someone pulls up directly behind you, manages to shoot you in the back while aiming at your target that is a large distance away, then decides to move up and stop directly in front of you instead?

Like, man, I am bad at this game, but I am surprised some of these people haven't died yet irl from forgetting to breathe.
Old 2013-04-30, 10:34   Link #5735
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
How about when a higher tier tank rams you out of cover from behind and then proceeds to just sit in that spot, preventing you from getting back and causing you to die a few seconds later?
That is greatly frowned upon and reportable.
Old 2013-04-30, 10:39   Link #5736
Sumeragi
Banned

Nazi Hunting:

Damnit, I wanted to kill HanZulu, a notorious nazi lover in WoT. Oh well, better luck next time.

Still, nice game, how a single Königstiger can decimate the enemy by flanking.
Old 2013-04-30, 11:19   Link #5737
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

30% increased credits on the IS-3 starting tomorrow till 15 May, I'm going to like that. I'm also thinking of getting the T-34-85 during the tank of month discount. I do hope Europe will get the hangar discount this weekend or else I have to sell a tank.
Old 2013-04-30, 11:35   Link #5738
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
That is greatly frowned upon and reportable.
I also wish you could report morons who park their tank right in front of you after you've set up a TD position or even worse when they do it while your in a firefight just to pouch your kill.

>=B

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 11:36   Link #5739
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

i find it weird, that I crash in WoT but not BF3, WTF is up with that.
Old 2013-04-30, 11:51   Link #5740
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Eh, just an ordinary game where I'm helping out...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Wait... holy ****...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks