AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-02, 13:37   Link #5801
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
oh so that how you post youtube vids instead of postin them as a link.
Old 2013-05-02, 14:10   Link #5802
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Hmm...I see talk of drinking and tanking in the group skirmish thread. That sounds like fun...until you notice you're dying without remembering when or how. I, uh, would know... Actually it's still pretty fun even then
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 14:24   Link #5803
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Walter Christie Weekend

Or how I call it: Beware of the Golden Derp weekend
Old 2013-05-02, 14:35   Link #5804
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

I still haven't used up the pile of premium ammo that I purchased during the last ammo sale weekend, which was less than a month ago.

Or, WG might as well say "screw armor, you're just going to die anyway" and give everyone a free BatChat.
Old 2013-05-02, 14:39   Link #5805
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Walter Christie Weekend

Or how I call it: Beware of the Golden Derp weekend
Looks like my BT-2 and Cruiser Mk IV are going to get some game play this weekend.
Old 2013-05-02, 14:55   Link #5806
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Hmm...I see talk of drinking and tanking in the group skirmish thread. That sounds like fun...until you notice you're dying without remembering when or how. I, uh, would know... Actually it's still pretty fun even then
Well, we are going to be heading to a local mountain range on Sunday. So the boys and I will be hiking, carrying beer, food and a lot of pipes.

Then we will enjoy a special session of very pretty fireworks as we get drunk for the occasion

God, I love this country!

- Tak

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 15:07   Link #5807
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I see, well have fun. Anyways I think its about time to just play only tier 5 and 6 for me now, playing high tiers is making my WR drop like the kid who overdosed on drugs.
Old 2013-05-02, 15:15   Link #5808
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Changing the Tide of a Battle: Hellcat Edition

Spoiler:

You know, if that 3/4 had a little more balls he could have killed me. And the M4 was a great help on distracting the VK36
Old 2013-05-02, 21:41   Link #5809
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well, we are going to be heading to a local mountain range on Sunday. So the boys and I will be hiking, carrying beer, food and a lot of pipes.

Then we will enjoy a special session of very pretty fireworks as we get drunk for the occasion

God, I love this country!

- Tak
Sounds like fun, though I am more of a scotch and/or cocktail drinker myself. Anyway, I decided to completely ignore my own advice today, got mildly drunk, and managed to produce this on my first time ever using this vehicle:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I should drink and tank more often I guess.
Old 2013-05-02, 21:58   Link #5810
Sumeragi
Banned

RWBladewing, which gun did you use, and how much damage?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 22:06   Link #5811
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

732 damage, stock gun. No idea how I pulled it off, I think I was probably lucky and just playing against really bad people. Probably hit the perfect balance of alcohol to suppress my usual nervousness while not really affecting my reflexes too badly as well.
Old 2013-05-02, 23:18   Link #5812
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

The T-50-2 wasn't connected for at least five minutes, and we won this largely due to weight.
Old 2013-05-02, 23:22   Link #5813
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Got accused of hacking in my AMX-50B because I bounced shots in a French tank XD;;

Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 23:23   Link #5814
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

how is AMX-50B compare to Batchat and T57 heavy
Old 2013-05-02, 23:26   Link #5815
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
how is AMX-50B compare to Batchat and T57 heavy
Put those two in a blender and then give it the height of a Maus.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 23:33   Link #5816
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Some guy was raging from the point he was killed to almost the end of the match because I killed his IS-8 with a shot from my T32, claiming that it was impossible for me to get through him with a mere 120mm.

Two notes: He had turned to at least 45 degrees broadside to me such that I was getting a 90-degree face-on shot into the pike nose, and I was using standard ammo.

I didn't bother replying, because I bounced my next shot off the front of a Lorraine 40t. RNG giveth, RNG taketh away. Though considering the armor stats of the IS-8, I couldn't decide if he was trolling or just stupid.

The funny thing is, the Lorraine died after driving off the steep edge of the Malinovka hill, and then that driver started complaining about how bad their team was...
Old 2013-05-02, 23:37   Link #5817
Sumeragi
Banned

Currently focusing on the Pz III/IV. Getting to 50.5% win rate, Ace Mastery Badge, and experience for the VK 30.01 (D).
Old 2013-05-02, 23:41   Link #5818
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So uh can anyone direct me to a good beginner's guide to tech trees, upgrades, choosing games right for your level and tanks per nation? The options at the start are kind of overwhelming...
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 23:46   Link #5819
Sumeragi
Banned

Overall, tanks from the United States of America have good maneuverability, soft stats, firepower, accuracy, and the best rate of fire. Often they have the highest damage per minute and they are exceptionally versatile. Their downside is the lack of sufficient side and rear hull armor and they are prone to crew loss.

American light tanks pack a bit more of a punch than their counterparts, but they do lack a bit in speed.

American medium tanks are perfect for variable strategies as they are able to both move quickly and deliver the firepower when needed. Their decent accuracy on the move and gun depression make them rather comfortable to play. They excel in dog-fighting.
American heavy tanks have moderately armored frontal hulls, but very weak side and rear armor, with nearly-impenetrable front turret armor.

American tank destroyers have varied playing styles. The line starts out with a typical tank destroyer playing style with a great choice of guns, then leads to two tank destroyer lines; one with turrets and one mostly without turrets. Higher tier tank destroyers on the non-turreted line tend to be very well armed and armored, but they are extremely slow, so tread carefully. On the other hand, higher tier turreted tank destroyers tend to be very well armed but poorly armored, with the exception of the T28 Prototype and T110E4. They are much more mobile compared to the non-turreted line. For these tank destroyers, acting as support is advised.

American self propelled guns have good speed, but low acceleration. Their accuracy and firepower land somewhere between the Soviet and German artillery. They have some of the largest horizontal gun arcs, most noticeable in the M37, which allows them to cover large parts of the battlefield without moving the hull. This advantage is usually balanced off with a relative long aim time. They are generally considered to be excellent vehicles. At T7-8, the American artillery comes into their own, boasting extremely powerful 203 and 240mm guns with very large splash radius. However, their reload time approaches 30-45 seconds, their dispersion during traversing is very bad, their aim time is very long, and their accuracy can be as bad as .6. They traverse their hulls quite quickly and have decent acceleration and top speed for something with such a massive gun.

The tank doctrine of the United Kingdom during World War 2 dictated that tanks be used as either infantry tanks or cruiser (cavalry) tanks. Infantry tanks were designed to move up with infantry and as a result they were characterized by their slow speed, heavy armor, and good mobility. Cruiser tanks were designed to act like cavalry and exploit openings in the enemy defense and as a result they were characterized by their high speed and low armor. In World of Tanks, these classifications have been applied to the standard light, medium, and heavy tank model of other nations for simplicity. Nonetheless, the British tank doctrine still applies and results in oddities like heavily armored light tanks (e.g. the Valentine) and very lightly armored and fast medium tanks (e.g. the Cromwell).

Later British tanks focused on the doctrine of a universal tank. Sporting good armor, good mobility, and very high accuracy; universal tanks were designed to replace the heavy and medium tank doctrine with a tank that could do everything. The first successful British universal tank design was the heavy cruiser Centurion (Mk. 2). Its success set the precedent for later British tank designs as well as the concept of the modern main battle tank.

British light tanks were built as combat tanks in their time, so they don't have dedicated scouting tanks (at least so far). At low tiers, the light tanks have somewhat higher top speeds than the mediums, but their maneuverability is almost indistinguishable. The main thing here is since they are light tanks, the game allows them to move without losing half of their camouflage value.

British medium tanks are ponderous and very poorly armored at low tiers. However, they have good guns. Higher tier mediums become fast with quick firing but low damage guns, then finally evolve in to powerful universal tanks, with good mobility, speed, and accuracy.

British heavy tanks start off slow and ponderous, with reasonable guns for their tier. They eventually become incredibly accurate support tanks, better at moving to positions and giving covering fire than engaging head to head. They also get good on the move accuracy and low aim times. Their armour is generally on the weak side.

British Tank Destroyers were added in the 0.8.4 update. Up to tier 4, they are mostly conversions of other tanks into Tank Destroyers, which are fast and lightly armored. However, their gameplay reverses from tier 5 to tier 9, becoming extremely thick skinned, but somewhat unwieldy assault guns with low damage but very fast firing guns. However all these may have a lot of armor, but artillery is still capable of dealing almost max. damage to them when they are hitting them. The tree ends with the agile and extremely powerful FV215b (183), which is essentially a direct fire artillery capable of delivering HE shell levels of damage with T8 HEAT ammunition levels of penetration.

German tanks have moderately thick armor, and have the second most accurate guns, just below the British. However, they have low alpha damage compared to other tanks, and they are slow to move and prone to module damage and loss of crew.

German light tanks are just below the USSR in terms of maneuverability, but they have well armored fronts and are able to bounce shots to their sloped fronts if angled correctly.

German medium tanks tend to be larger targets than their counterparts, but if you keep this in mind and stay at a distance, the German guns will make short work of your enemies. Some of them have good armor, but all of them share good penetration and accuracy.

German heavy tanks have thick all around armor, but share a common weakness in a weaker lower glacis plate, allowing even low tier guns to penetrate their otherwise sturdy frontal armor. But this is paid back with good penetration. These tanks are used to absorb damage for the team, while slowly crawling towards the enemy base. The Maus and E-100 are the lagest and heaviest tanks in the game, weighing 188 tons and 130 tons respectively.

German tank destroyers are fairly big and thus hard to hide, but are equally armored with the Americans. They combine their armor with powerful cannons and the accuracy of a sniper, and these tanks can destroy higher-tier tanks from across the battlefield.

German self propelled guns are accurate and quite maneuverable, allowing them to quickly change position after firing to dodge any counter-fire lobbed in their direction. They may not have as much firepower as their counterparts, but are unmatched in their accuracy and maneuverability. This is however not the case with the T7 and8 arty, which are large, slow to turn, and decidedly middle of the road in terms of their gun. Less accurate but more powerful than the French and Russians, and faster firing but not as powerful as the Americans.

French tanks vary wildly between the tiers. At lower tiers, they are generally slow with great armour but armed with poor guns. While at higher tiers, they are very fast with almost paper thin armour and armed with great guns. Some mid to high tier French tanks have an autoloader with a drum magazine, which allow for several shots in a short period of time. Almost all French tanks suffer from having few crew members which makes for less variety when choosing crew skills or perks. Their downside is the lack of sufficient hull and turret armour at higher tiers and they are sometimes prone to engine fire.

French light tanks are slow and have thick armour at lower tiers, but they trade their armour for speed at higher tiers. They gain the ability to use autoloaders much earlier than the other French lines. Combined with their high speed and small size, they become deadly hit-and-run vehicles.

French medium tanks also have thick armour at lower tiers. At high tiers they trade their armour for extremely high speed and agility; combined with their automatic loaders, they become great support vehicles. Their paper thin armour makes them very vulnerable to SPG damage however, so keeping on the move is essential.

French heavy tanks are well armoured at lower tiers, but are slow and sluggish. As the tiers rise, they become faster and more manoeuvrable, but trade armour for this agility. They use large calibre guns with automatic loaders, which make them very destructive. With their paper thin armour, it is essential to keep moving.

French tank destroyers have relatively weak armour at lower tiers, but have good guns. Later in the line, their armour increases along with speed. However, their side armour is rather weak so it essential to have support at all times. Their guns also have great penetration values and good accuracy, so they are not to be taken lightly. Due to their size, the later designs have poor camouflage values.

French self propelled guns are well rounded in terms of accuracy, rate of fire and aim time but suffer from lower damage and penetration than their rivals. However, they are the fastest SPG's in the game and can outrun many of the tanks in the game. They also sport relatively great camouflage values thanks to their smaller sizes. This trend, aside from camo, remains throughout the line. The T7 and 8 artillery pieces are very fast indeed, able to relocate to newly freed locations on the map and continue to support their allies from unexpected firing angles and lower shell travel times due to the closer proximity. They are quite capable emergency TDs due to their speed and maneuverability. At T8 the French get a very unique SPG armed with a 4 shell autoloader. It boasts the second best accuracy of the bunch, and some very nasty burst damage, able to track and retrack tanks to keep the beating on and to give allies something to shoot at. However the splash and damage are as expected, underwhelming. The load time is also horribly long, at a whopping 70sec, so aim well.

While Soviet tanks have thinner armor than other nations, they make up for it by having highly sloped armor which increases effective thickness and a higher chance to ricochet shells. Their guns also pack the most punch in the game and along with their good speed, maneuverability, and armor characteristics, make them kings of close combat. Their downside is that they have poor accuracy and aim time, and in some cases a low rate of fire.

Soviet light tanks are typically the fastest in the game and, like most Soviet tanks, have a small frontal profile and sloped armor.

Soviet medium tanks are also fast and maneuverable, but in order to make the tanks compact, engineers placed ammo storage in very vulnerable places, increasing the chance of ammo rack detonation.

Soviet heavy tanks have the best values for everything except accuracy and aim time; their frontal armor thickness and slope makes them quite difficult to penetrate from the front.

Soviet tank destroyers are not as well armored or accurate as their American or German counterparts, but they offer increased speed, agility, and brute firepower.

Soviet self propelled guns are generally quite accurate but don't do much damage. However, they also generally fire their shells in a very high arc, making their flight time long, but able to hit tanks hiding behind rocks and small buildings. They also tend to have higher firing rates than their foreign counterparts.

In the 0.8.3 update, a full Chinese tech tree was added. The lower tiers are made up of French, British, Japanese, and American tanks, while tier 5 and up is mainly modifications of Soviet tanks, with the exception of some Chinese prototypes.

Chinese Light Tanks do not follow any doctrine up to tier IV, because they are not original Chinese tanks, but captured or copies of other nations' tanks. However, you can easily rely on them to perform similarly to their models in other nations (i.e RenaultFT-17, T-26, M5 Stuart) Later light tanks are fast and and pack a great punch, much like the French light tanks, but they trade in the autoloader for much better armor and a bit of extra mobility.

Chinese Medium Tanks are, up to a point, very similar to the Soviet ones, combining mobility and firepower, at the expense of a low rate of fire and poor gun depression.

Chinese Heavy Tanks are also similar to the soviet ones. These tanks have good frontal armor and acceleration and faster rates of fire, which makes it possible to play them as "heavy" mediums.
Old 2013-05-02, 23:47   Link #5820
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

or you can just link it to here Sumeragi -_-

rule of thumb

Long range: Germany
Mid range: UK, US
Short Range: Soviet, China
Trickster: French

there is some skewnees in the line but that the basic