AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2013-05-13, 19:17   Link #6361
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
P.S. Observation of Relic 2 guys on my behavior while in a fast medium tank: I'm a danger to myself. XD I think they're right in a way, as I usually go pedal to the metal to choke points, which leaves me often without support of either teammates or the members of the platoon. They're usually happier when I'm in a lumbering heavy, because in Sahin the Falcon's own words, "They can keep watch on me."
That tends to be my problem was well. Sixth Sense helped a bit with it, but increasing my survival rate has mostly come down to learning the times and distances of initial contact and trying not to stick my neck out so far. I'm getting a little better at not getting obliterated like that now.

I seem to end up at choke points first even in slow tanks, which is just wrong. The only thing I have that is safe from that is the Matilda...

Meanwhile, back at Pearl River...

The KV-5 has enough engine power to move some wrecks easily, which is helpful for protecting your astromech units...

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS.

Old 2013-05-13, 19:44   Link #6362
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I might get the E-100 or Maus, just to give my current German heavy Panzerjager crew something to use.
No, 1 Maus in the clan is too much already, do really want to put a blackhole budget on the effort of gettin that tank, on top of that, everyone knows how to kill a Maus, taking its slot traverse, pen equivalent to the T34's gun, you would need to be pure gold to be effective, you also become the round's most targetted thing.

if anything the E100 can out perform a Maus. even ask Wil, unless you can make the Maus work for you, its not worth the effort..... unless ur like me and get it becuz GUP ep. 11 and 12.
Old 2013-05-13, 19:58   Link #6363
Sumeragi
Banned

Or if "nuclear" 8.6 makes the Maus armor worth something with the changed penetration/armor mechanics.

Still, tempted to get the E-100, since that would help me get all the members of the Entwicklung Family.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 20:07   Link #6364
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

In the kingdom of the blind, the tank with a 47mm cannon is king!

Wait! HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Seriously. How do I outshoot those tanks at that tier, in the 38nA, the tank only Anzu Kadotani could love?
Old 2013-05-13, 20:17   Link #6365
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
In the kingdom of the blind, the tank with a 47mm cannon is king!

Wait! HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Seriously. How do I outshoot those tanks at that tier, in the 38nA, the tank only Anzu Kadotani could love?
Ok, who the hell gave Chuck Norris a tank?

But seriously, not too many people take the 38na seriously enough. Hell nobody take the tier 4 scouts seriously enough. I once outmaneuvered a Proto with the chinese M5, and to add insult to the injury I survived that entire battle.
Old 2013-05-13, 20:29   Link #6366
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

I like my 38nA, probably more than I should (though I have been up and down the German scout tree now). It feels familiar enough to be able to take risks when needed... and has a three-skill crew in it that I ran from the ground up.

Still... I wish I'd checked the other players' results a little more carefully. They must have had really terrible aim.
Old 2013-05-13, 20:37   Link #6367
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, that's actually quite a feat. Your crew is 100% right? How many skills do they have?

I hated the 38na when the old mm still existed. Getting into tier 9 and even tier 10 matches was so common that I didn't enjoy it at all. In my second run I actually enjoy it a lot, sadly I had to sell it for space.
Old 2013-05-13, 21:04   Link #6368
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

This crew has 641 battles between the 38nA and the T-15.

Figuring that you need to have camo at 100%, the 38nA's driver needs 100% Off-Road so that it doesn't have sloppy turns, the commander must have Sixth Sense... there's not that much room left for discretionary skills without a ridiculous amount of additional grinding.

Call for Vengeance seems situationally-limited enough that it might get switched in as a perk a long way down the line. The loader really doesn't have much else to do. The commander is where the problems really stack up, since he's also got the gunnery skills, and having him have a stack of perks would take a while.

Realistically, since I survived many games before the CO's Camouflage skill caught up to the rest, I could switch that out for Designated Target or Recon at some point, and let Camo level up again, but still... so much grinding.
Old 2013-05-13, 21:07   Link #6369
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
This cannot be emphasized enough. We need to recruit more.

But, we should not delude ourselves. This clan had only existed for less than a year. Many of our members are young (in terms of game time), they are neither as experienced nor as prolific in their weapons as some of us. People need time to grow. If we do not give them that aspect in the clan, then there will be no organized affair. I know to some veteran players this may sound frustrating, but we'd lose more than we gain if we are impatient.

- Tak
Q, I'd like to object a bit. I think recruiting is good, even better if you get enthusiastic, nice, skilled people in, but it should not be the priority. We have plenty of players, some active and some inactive, playing the game and having fun or just grinding out frustrations, whatever. The problem is: most of us are not all that good in the grand scheme of things.

In other words, we have plenty of raw materials. It's up to the good players in the clan, the veterans, and you, Captain, to refine this material.

While I'm sick of TCs and Leo thinks I'm afraid of KV-1S (uh, no, I can kill them just fine, I just hate the nerf-proof bastards and I really hate them en mass while I'm stuck tactically limited by team responsibilities), I'm not opposed to, and in fact would like to encourage platooning. Platooning between veteran players in our clan and newer players is natural interaction, organic interaction, and if properly framed -- the veteran willing to teach, the new player willing to observe and learn -- is basically how you turn someone who's on a trajectory to become a 47% win rate player at 8,000 battles to someone who's at 50, 52, 55, or even higher. This, of course, means that if just one of, say, five or ten of these new players decide they want to play at tier 10 and join you in CWs, or just join your tournaments or TCs, you've got yourself a much more valuable asset.

Remember this:

The base of a player's worth in WoT is skill.

I'm ignoring the enjoyment/casualness factor, which isn't to say it's not important -- or in fact, paramount -- but in terms of what someone can even potentially contribute to the clan in battles, it's skill, skill, skill. Without skill, you can try and optimize your command chain, raise morale and interest [somehow], and develop all sorts of sophisticated tactics all you want -- you are going to lose. Always.

Now what does that "skill" means?

Don't look at me. Ask the best players here (Mow, Pen3, Kimi, etc.). But if you want something generic, think of it as one of those five pointed graphs you see in JRPGs and mecha stuff, with the points being things like brawling, positioning, tactical awareness, battle knowledge [weak points, tank characteristics], teamwork, or whatever combination thereof. People playing this game improve naturally in all of these characteristics over time [or not, if the past weekend was anything to go by...], but you can bolster this development directly by lots of platooning. I myself is probably average on most, with a distinct disadvantage on the knowledge side because of my unusual choice to only play one line of tank the entire game (for now).

But that leaves the question -- how do you encourage platooning? And that's not something I can answer. I'm sure you have some ideas of your own.

You can also try to set up training rooms with very specific purposes, and with greater numbers than the usual 6 or less players. For example, to practice brawling and hulldown/close positioning, gather up a group of 10 players and set up a very specific goal of everybody going to duel in the Pearl River valley, El Halluf A1, Himmelsdorf/Malinovka hill, etc. Then it doesn't matter if it's 5 players on each team or 15. A very focused training room training a very specific skill set is much easier to set up and much more potentially productive with less risk of "just rolling around."

But of course, there are things you can't "train" in a restricted environment. No matter how much you tell someone it's a great idea to -GO BACK TO THE $#%^ing CAP- when it's under threat, and no matter how much they agree, it's very hard to set that sort of situation up realistically even in TC battles, much less training rooms. Without experience gained from public or platoon matches where you actually have to do it (and your platoonmate screaming for you to go back and do it, goddammit), you'd still see MUPers shamefully losing our nerves or forgetting that incredibly common and incredibly frustrating mistake like -- which frankly, we are -- ordinary public players.

And of course, everything has to be voluntary. You don't force people anything.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 21:25   Link #6370
willx
Nyaaan~~

Y'know .. having gone back to the StuG after playing a lot of tier 8/9/10 ..

As a vehicle that is much more dependent on my allies' movement and positioning (sniping, camo, etc) .. man, tier 5 is a complete gongshow. I know people are still bad at the higher tiers, but being in a vehicle that can't tank nor easily maneuver around the map and flex really gives me a lot of time to watch the minimap and be patient.

This has led me to the conclusion that tiers 1-5 is pretty much almost always completely random chaos. Switching from the StuG to the derp Pz4 makes me feel like I'm clubbing baby seals .. in a barrel .. with a sledgehammer.
Old 2013-05-13, 21:41   Link #6371
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Switching from the StuG to the derp Pz4 makes me feel like I'm clubbing baby seals .. in a barrel .. with a sledgehammer.
But it's good for our soul, especially after mind-numbing high-tier games!

I think I've mentioned before, but I feel no guilt going back to tier 5 platoons after finishing my high tier tanks for the day... because the scrubs that we encounter most of the time are perfect outlets for stress relief. Sure, we may get bad matches, but even on a loss it doesn't feel like its the end of the world.

Also, investment!
Old 2013-05-13, 22:34   Link #6372
Sumeragi
Banned

Gentlemen (and ladies), soon we shall no longer use our secret weapons so freely:

8.5 first, supertest (8.6) second

IS-7
260/303/68
250/303/68

IS-4
268/400/68
258/340/68

T-62A
264/350/50
264/330/50

Leopard 1
268/350/53
268/330/53

E-50 Ausf. M
270/350/60
270/330/60

M48 Patton
268/350/53
268/330/53

T110E5
269/381/60
258/340/60

T57 Heavy
269/381/60
258/340/60

Batchat
259/360/53
259/330/53

AMX 50B
267/351/65
257/325/65

FV215b
269/352/120
259/326/120

268/400/68
258/340/68

257/400/68
249/340/68

American 105mm derp: now 101.6mm pen

American 75mm derp: now 91.4mm pen

USSR 76mm derp: now 75mm pen (you may as well just use AP in it at this point)

USSR 122mm derp: now 140mm pen

USSR 152mm TD: now 250mm pen (buffed!)

USSR M62 122mm gun: now 340 pen

German 75mm derp: now 87mm pen

German 105mm derp: now 104mm pen

French 75mm derp: now 91.4mm pen

price (in gold)
American 105mm 7 -> 14
German 105mm 7 -> 10
KV2 152 12 -> 14
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 22:57   Link #6373
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
USSR 122mm derp: now 140mm pen

USSR 152mm TD: now 250mm pen (buffed!)
This is making me fear that pubies will soon be full of SU-152s
Old 2013-05-13, 23:02   Link #6374
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Innnnnterrrrrressssssssssssssssssssstinggggggggg.. ...

It might actually be worth it to go back to the 75mm on some of the tier 5s.
Old 2013-05-13, 23:02   Link #6375
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hmm, so what, they're reducing penetration for APCR and HEAT on some tanks, and making HEAT more expensive? That's not a big deterrent for HEAT users on late-game tanks, though I can see how it can make low-level derping a massive cost black hole in the long run.
Old 2013-05-14, 00:28   Link #6376
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Had a fun training match with you guys, too bad I had to eat dinner. Wanted to stick around longer

Will post an analysis soon. (If I have time, hah!)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 01:19   Link #6377
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

@ dai unlikely that they would buff German lines. Well looks like their gonna fix pen on most of the tier 10s... but if there nerfing pen they should buff rof cuz u need a balance and 400 pen on the 121 gold that's insane.

@ mow mow if u stuck around for another hr u could have join a session of shoot the Maus. Also in then Ute and sera blew up trying to ram the side of my Maus downhill.

It was even more funny when UTE one shotted Q's proto Leo in his S 51. Also smacked around some scouts. Heh big Mac loaded gold on his ELC just kill me XD. But I got revenge. See it was a good quick and simple training session and I plan to do more on weekdays when policy actually r playing. At on pt I wanted to take out some of my other high tiers to have them practice with.
Old 2013-05-14, 01:32   Link #6378
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

"Should I warn Seraphil that I am about to fire on the Maus?"
"Eh, there's no time."
shot explodes the Maus and ELC together
"Note to self, danger close radius of 203mm is quite large."

I had a bad slide later on, as I kept grinding the Matilda to try to get the commander's 6th Sense working. I only ended up knocking my win rate from 54.22% back to 54.16%, and making me question why I ever got a tank that can't reach 30 KPH. I kept getting teams that would fold up and die on a flank and force me to try to crawl across the map to save things, which did not go well.
Old 2013-05-14, 04:18   Link #6379
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I had a bad slide later on, as I kept grinding the Matilda to try to get the commander's 6th Sense working. I only ended up knocking my win rate from 54.22% back to 54.16%, and making me question why I ever got a tank that can't reach 30 KPH. I kept getting teams that would fold up and die on a flank and force me to try to crawl across the map to save things, which did not go well.
You'd probably despise the British assault tank line.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part III: Rebellion (JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE HELL HOLY CRAP)
Wake Up, Girls!
Kill la Kill
The Garden of Words
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 06:35   Link #6380
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Saving stupid team

so yeah. we get swarmed on field side of the map and reaching the base while 3/4 of the team having trouble fighting 1/2 of the enemy.

fortunately I was there in the field and manage to kill all of them (and "luckily" enemy arty manage to TK one of them )

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks