AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-29, 12:24   Link #6921
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

I hope Myssa Rei isn't permanently banned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Newhope you should try platooning with me and blaat for a change =] since platooning now allows 3 players which is at least somewhat better than an entire team full of randomers.

I have mainly 5-6-7 tier tanks and I believe Blaat has a variety from 5 up to 8 iirc.
I also have two tier 4 tanks, although I nearly researched the Crusader (most likely by the end of the weekend). And the other tier 4 tank is a M5 Stuart, but scout tanks are hard to platoon with.

Anyway a three man platoon sounds like fun, wouldn't mind trying it out if Newhope is up to it.

Quote:
I'd post my version of this replay but it's nearly identical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I was very frustrated because of a 6 lose streak in the IS-3
I got you beat I had a 8 game lose streak in the IS-3 went from a respectable 53% winrate to 50% .
Old 2013-05-29, 12:40   Link #6922
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I hope Myssa Rei isn't permanently banned.
From here or from WoT? What?
Old 2013-05-29, 12:54   Link #6923
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Her status here shows that she's banned. No idea for what though.
Old 2013-05-29, 14:02   Link #6924
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Wait Myssa Rei is a she?

I had a good daily session today, it started with ending that IS-3 8 game losing streak, the MM were favourable (no two tier higher battles), and the total retards were on the enemy team can't get much better than that. So after 7 games, 7 wins in 7 different tanks I decided to tempt fate. I picked a tank I usually reserve for platooning with Drake so that he can carry me to victory. I picked the BDR G1B. The result?

Images
BDR G1b
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Replay.

Eight wins now, I looked at the next tank: T-34-1, a medium tank I don't really like even though it looks great. A part of me said to end it now, post the ace mastery screenshot on the forum and end it. I decided to ignore it and see where it goes. The result?

Images
T-34-1

Replay.

Waha two ace badges in a row.

For those who are curious the winning streak ended with the Ram II on the 11th match.

Anyway I researched the M7, I already retrained my Ram II crew for the M7 (premiums are quite handy for that). I'll wait a bit before buying the tank, I thought the T71 line would win the Interactive Special, round 2 but the IS won it by 39 votes.
Old 2013-05-29, 15:18   Link #6925
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Her status here shows that she's banned. No idea for what though.
Probably friendly fire. Even a light tank bumping into you accidentally counts as you dealing friendly fire to someone, so if it happens too much, you get banned for it.

Either that, or UBERHAX. But I'm guessing some accidental friendly fire... that's the most common reason people are banned.

On something more related to the game itself, I'm grinding my way through the AMX line to slowly but surely creep my way towards the Batchat. I'm on the AMX 12t right now, and boy is this tank BAD. Not only is the gun worse than the ELC AMX, but the thing is slow, fragile (hits on the front can knock out multiple modules all at once), and and really large in profile for having no armor. Only thing good about it is it being an autoloader. But considering that light tanks tend to get stuck in tiers WAY higher than they should be, I've had many times where I can't even penetrate the rear of a higher-tiered heavy tank.

Which brings me to the weird way the WoT matchmaker works. I don't understand the logic behind "light tanks have to get stuck in tiers 4 levels higher". Considering most light tanks have really weak weapons and no armor to speak of (aside from their speed), it seems awfully unfair to constantly stick them in matches where they can easily get one-shot by just about everything.
Old 2013-05-29, 15:27   Link #6926
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Which brings me to the weird way the WoT matchmaker works. I don't understand the logic behind "light tanks have to get stuck in tiers 4 levels higher". Considering most light tanks have really weak weapons and no armor to speak of (aside from their speed), it seems awfully unfair to constantly stick them in matches where they can easily get one-shot by just about everything.
The logic behind it is the perception of the role of the light tank: as scouts. Scout tanks are supposed to provide support to heavier vehicles by spotting the enemy, and/or seeking out and destroying artillery in the rear lines using their speed and size, the latter which manifests in the form of being harder to hit as well as getting inherent camouflage bonuses: some light tanks with high camouflage can't be seen without a heavy tank getting to within a couple of tank's lengths away from them. Few players really know how to do this though (and admittedly many times it is difficult to do so), since many don't know that spotting nets a good amount of credits, sometimes more than damaging enemies.

Note that only a select few light tanks get the kind of matchmaking you describe: it's called "scout matchmaking", and is normally only assigned to certain tanks like the Luchs, T-50-2, Chaffee and others. Some light tanks, like all of the British ones, don't get such matchmaking at all, and so only fight enemies they're comfortable against.

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 15:52   Link #6927
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The logic behind it is the perception of the role of the light tank: as scouts. Scout tanks are supposed to provide support to heavier vehicles by spotting the enemy, and/or seeking out and destroying artillery in the rear lines using their speed and size, the latter which manifests in the form of being harder to hit as well as getting inherent camouflage bonuses: some light tanks with high camouflage can't be seen without a heavy tank getting to within a couple of tank's lengths away from them. Few players really know how to do this though (and admittedly many times it is difficult to do so), since many don't know that spotting nets a good amount of credits, sometimes more than damaging enemies.

Note that only a select few light tanks get the kind of matchmaking you describe: it's called "scout matchmaking", and is normally only assigned to certain tanks like the Luchs, T-50-2, Chaffee and others. Some light tanks, like all of the British ones, don't get such matchmaking at all, and so only fight enemies they're comfortable against.
The theory is supposedly sound, but that's not how it works in reality AT ALL. Especially with all of the maps that have little to no brush cover for light tanks to hide in. Desert maps especially, where there's tons of open, clear space. Realistically, in higher tier battles, light tanks simply get one-shot at a distance by heavy tanks and TDs that camp in the spots that light tanks try to flank.

The only time where I've found that to actually be the case is in cities where you can build up speed on the pavement and run between tanks and buildings for cover. But even then you're relying on the enemies to miss... which doesn't usually work in higher tiers where most people actually know how to aim.

Furthermore, if that logic is supposed to work, they really need to work on which tanks are forced into really high-tier battles, based upon their ability. For instance, AMX 12t should NOT be in anything above T8. I've gotten stuck in T10 battles more times than I care to recount, and it's really not fun 98% of the time. I've had too many times where I DO succeed in flanking an enemy but I cant help at all because I can't penetrate their armor, even from the back. I can understand a T71 getting stuck in a higher tier battle because it's pretty fast and has a decent gun, but the 12t is underpowered even in its own tier. It'll probably be better once I hit the AMX 13 75, but I'm still about 50k exp from it. >_<

All that being said, there was this one time when I killed a Batchat in my 12t while it was low on health (<400 hp left) and reloading. It was trapped between railroad cars and could only run in a straight line... and I shot it in the back. That was pretty damn funny.
Old 2013-05-29, 16:20   Link #6928
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Quote:
Furthermore, if that logic is supposed to work, they really need to work on which tanks are forced into really high-tier battles, based upon their ability. For instance, AMX 12t should NOT be in anything above T8. I've gotten stuck in T10 battles more times than I care to recount, and it's really not fun 98% of the time. I've had too many times where I DO succeed in flanking an enemy but I cant help at all because I can't penetrate their armor, even from the back. I can understand a T71 getting stuck in a higher tier battle because it's pretty fast and has a decent gun, but the 12t is underpowered even in its own tier. It'll probably be better once I hit the AMX 13 75, but I'm still about 50k exp from it. >_<
I've found that the AMX 13 90 does a somewhat better job of scouting than the 12t. The engine is more powerful, so it gets up to speed faster, the top speed is higher, and the traverse speed is higher. Yes, it's not nearly as nimble and maneuverable as the T-50-2, but it can do the job.

Thus, I think it's pointless for a 12t to be put in a tier 10 battle, especially when the exact same match has a BatChat and a 13 90 in the same team. What can the 12t do that those tanks cannot? Eh, I guess it's just more expendable, so it's more fit for scouting and getting blown up first. If you ask me, it should just be replaced by another BatChat or 13 90 for that match and put into a tier 8 battle where it belongs.

By the way, I used gold ammo (APCR) exclusively on the 12t and 13 75 so that I could reliably penetrate my enemies. I got a net credit loss for most matches (not all), but it rarely got too high and I could easily regain the credits by occasionally playing a premium tank. Because of this, I got about 700 XP on average for each battle in my 12t and 13 75. I'm not using gold ammo on my 13 90, because even with AP rounds, it can usually pen top tier heavies on the sides.

Quote:
All that being said, there was this one time when I killed a Batchat in my 12t while it was low on health (<400 hp left) and reloading. It was trapped between railroad cars and could only run in a straight line... and I shot it in the back. That was pretty damn funny.
All those battles where you do almost nothing of use just make those moments when you either kill a top tier tank or distract them long enough to get them killed all the more satisfying.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Santa Company
Isshuukan Friends
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Miss Monochrome: The Animation
The Little Mermaid (1975)
Space Dandy

Last edited by Tempester; 2013-05-29 at 19:12. Reason: typo
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 17:41   Link #6929
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post

I had a good daily session today, it started with ending that IS-3 8 game losing streak, the MM were favourable (no two tier higher battles), and the total retards were on the enemy team can't get much better than that. So after 7 games, 7 wins in 7 different tanks I decided to tempt fate. I picked a tank I usually reserve for platooning with Drake so that he can carry me to victory. I picked the BDR G1B. The result?

For those who are curious the winning streak ended with the Ram II on the 11th match.

Anyway I researched the M7, I already retrained my Ram II crew for the M7 (premiums are quite handy for that). I'll wait a bit before buying the tank, I thought the T71 line would win the Interactive Special, round 2 but the IS won it by 39 votes.
You always seem to have all the luck blaat =/ I got stuck with a woeful session tonight with either MM taking the absolute biscuit (and I mean absolute) or the usual host of idiots ruining the fun.

I didn't manage a single streak and it was win/lose/win/lose all night and even the wins where dreadful with a couple of the games having me knocked out within the first few minutes thanks to the much loved artillery....

I did manage to research and fit the T34-85's last turret but I'll probably work on the engine before grinding for the last gun and for the mean time I've fired a rammer in to make it a little less painful.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 20:20   Link #6930
Pen3

Told Ach this was my last game before i had to leave and 5 mins later u got my Ace for Caern. I re-bought the Caern to finish the Ace title and it only took 3 games, not bad.

Images
Old 2013-05-29, 20:28   Link #6931
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm about 39k off the Caernarvon myself, Pen do you have tips for playing it ?

I'm really loving my Black Prince and I'll probably keep it even after getting the Caern, its a helpful addition to most teams and I've lost count at how many times I've carried a push by drawing attention and soaking up enemy fire.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 20:56   Link #6932
Pen3

Quote:
I'm about 39k off the Caernarvon myself, Pen do you have tips for playing it ?

I'm really loving my Black Prince and I'll probably keep it even after getting the Caern, its a helpful addition to most teams and I've lost count at how many times I've carried a push by drawing attention and soaking up enemy fire.
Here is the replay

http://wotreplays.com/site/211630?se...a9fc0843c#self

And having Darjeeling on the back helps.

Images

No idea why she is on the IS-3 but it actually looks pretty good.

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-05-29 at 21:27.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 22:18   Link #6933
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

My new benchmark for stupidity is now "Let's see if we can stop an AT 2 by parking our Hetzer, PzIV, and StuG directly in front of it."

They could have driven to the enemy base by the time the AT 2 would be able to react... it was on top of the western bridge of Port.
Old 2013-05-29, 22:22   Link #6934
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Man, you guys get all these Ace Tankers like it's NOTHING. I get a fair amount of Class 1 and 2's, but my only Aces have been my T18 and T57 so far, and those are tier-2s.
Old 2013-05-29, 22:38   Link #6935
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Quote:
Man, you guys get all these Ace Tankers like it's NOTHING. I get a fair amount of Class 1 and 2's, but my only Aces have been my T18 and T57 so far, and those are tier-2s.
Back when I had around 2k battles (which was not long ago at all), I had around 2 Ace Tanker badges. Give it time to get into the flow of the game. Also, playing higher tiers will automatically give you the skill required to stomp the lower tiers with time. Tier 5 used to be tough, serious, and competitive for me while tiers 1-3 were more easygoing. Tier 5 still has its challenges and failures for me now, but it feels more predictable and exploitable. Playing vastly different types of tanks helps too. Getting into someone else's shoes makes you learn their weaknesses and predict their moves.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Santa Company
Isshuukan Friends
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Miss Monochrome: The Animation
The Little Mermaid (1975)
Space Dandy
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 22:49   Link #6936
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

So I did up my British crew icons using the same limited-icon joke that I ran with the Soviet crews...

Images

My initial thought is that Assam and Darjeeling needed more of a difference in hair colors.
Old 2013-05-29, 23:04   Link #6937
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Don't feel too bad. I have 5K+ battles and I don't have a single Ace Tanker badge. Not from lack trying, I blame my non-gaming laptop.
Old 2013-05-29, 23:11   Link #6938
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oh hey, I'm not banned anymore. It was due to giving out hints for the future of Maou-sama, apparently. Oh well.

Not likely going to be able to get in the game regardless today or tomorrow though -- still have that thing on Saturday I have to finish for. Hopefully I can log in by Saturday afternoon (Friday early morning for everyone in the US). Thinking of just getting the Loraine anyway, and shifting some of the crew from the B1 to it. Maybe.

Thing is the AMX 13 crew are still on two skills, while the B1 already are on 3, and their skills seem to be much more in line with a tank that has a HUGE profile and lousy camo values.

Then again, my T-54 crewmembers are also only on two skills. Hmm.
Old 2013-05-29, 23:16   Link #6939
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I hereby decree my T57 crew to be quite comfortable.

Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 23:28   Link #6940
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
I hereby decree my T57 crew to be quite comfortable.
That's a good one.

Then there's this stunt...

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks