AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-30, 17:55   Link #6961
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

The Excelsior is a bizarre beastie.
Old 2013-05-30, 17:59   Link #6962
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Wow, it looks like a bastard lovechild of a Panzer IV and a Churchill...

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 18:17   Link #6963
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Ah its a new premium heavy, looks kinda cool though I doubt I'd splash out on gold for it unless it came down to half price on the same kind of promotion the other tier V premiums got recently.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 18:38   Link #6964
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Used it in the test server. So far is a ok tank, not a good credit maker beast but still is a good option instead of the Churchill III. Still anything like a KV will eat you
Old 2013-05-30, 21:54   Link #6965
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I need 450k xp to get the T62A, anyone closer to it getting it than me, i'm 41k xp away from unlocking the T54, but I don't plan on buying it... cuz idk if its worth gettin, cuz teru keeps sayin ur gonna lose money even if you win... or barely make it where you have a prem. acct., i've put a hold on my alt acct. I need to find time to play it again cuz i want the 121.
Old 2013-05-30, 21:59   Link #6966
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Err, Touma it's a given that you lose money after tier 8 anyway unless you play really well, as the income return just can't catch up anymore with both repair costs and the amount per round. And this isn't even factoring premium ammo costs, which will just inflate it further. If you haven't noticed it by now after playing your Maus, then I have no words.

As for getting the T-54, it's an excellent tank. Very much a step up from the T-44, as with the end guns you can actually hurt stuff when it matters.
Old 2013-05-30, 22:08   Link #6967
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

All i can say is that the Maus is just a trophy tank now and i no future intentions of selling any trophy tanks i have. And do load 50% of my ammo in gold, then some tanks are pure gold. lol i only manage to do my low tier dailies and i still lose profits at tier 2..... well i am the only crazy player who would load pure gold on any tank.
Old 2013-05-30, 22:20   Link #6968
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Touma, your habits are... unique.

I am keeping my Pershing, though I have about 60K to go to the first Fatton and it's a low-priority project. It seemed decent from the start.

I am keeping my T-44, though I do plan to keep going up the Soviet line. It seemed decent from the start.

I have not really liked the IndienPanzer at all, and will likely sell it once I get the Leopard Prototype researched... whenever the hell that happens.

Having gotten the M4 and the PzIII/IV crews to their third skills now, I'm working on the Easy Eight, which was neglected a bit in that push. It's been really, really annoying, mostly due to factors not easily in my control.

So this game was at least morally satisfying, even if I'm two games below 50% for the day as I write this.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Full tally for that game was the Sturmpanzer, PzIV, KV-1S, KV-1, Matilda, StuG, Hellcat, and an Easy Eight. I also had almost capped out when the second Hellcat showed up, we drove in circles around a building for a while, and the 3601 finished it off.
Old 2013-05-30, 23:17   Link #6969
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I am keeping my T-44, though I do plan to keep going up the Soviet line. It seemed decent from the start.

I have not really liked the IndienPanzer at all, and will likely sell it once I get the Leopard Prototype researched... whenever the hell that happens.
People seem to dislike it, but the T-44 is very good at what it does. Don't expect amazing damage out of the LB-1 though, but with enough experience you can literally run circles around even the Type 59s. Or if you prefer, snipe (it has good accuracy for a Soviet gun).

The Ipanzer is okay, but not outstanding. The main problem with it really is that it has a nasty reticle bloom at even the slightest bump or traverse of the turret. It's definitely a sniping platform through and through though. Still, like you I'm ditching it when I get the Leopard proto.
Old 2013-05-30, 23:26   Link #6970
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

I took vents out of my IPanzer to go VS, rammer, and EGLD, and the bloom is still terrible. Or at least terrible by my standards of a tier 8 medium's final cannon.

Just got enough XP to put the second engine into the T-44.

Anyway, yeah... the T-44 has good maneuverability, and like the T-54 and T-62, a very good Soviet medium camo rating. The Pershing has decent maneuverability, but also very good hull-down and a mantlet that absorbs all kinds of things.

So anyway, it's been a 50/50 WR all day. This has led to some strange commentary from me.

Images

I initially drove to E5 to shoot at the people going south, but we were pretty weak on the western road and when the enemy mob went around the corner our people defending inexplicably drove east into the pass at F4. So I ended up driving all the way around the mountain and down the middle of the map to come up behind them (and their M7 Priest, which had followed them to J3) and start derping all the things. Having done so I went through the pass again to my position in the screenshot, and yes, it got silly.
Old 2013-05-31, 02:31   Link #6971
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Endless Knackwurst's screenshots made me realise something we can actually all play together on the test servers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Wow, it looks like a bastard lovechild of a Panzer IV and a Churchill...

- Tak
It looks more like a lovechild of a TOG and Cromwell to me.
Old 2013-05-31, 08:02   Link #6972
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

I lost my first real game in the SU-26, but I did score three kills. (Hmm, mwreplays.com is still broken, so you get the text version.)

It was Widepark, so it wasn't exactly arty-friendly to begin with.

The most amusing one was one of those "shoot blindly at the enemy base" shots as soon as the game began: I targeted the supply dump in the middle of the cap and blew up a 38t. I think I actually missed the supplies though.

RNG luck: Three direct-fire shots on a PzIII.

Too fat to miss: T-28, though it was moving, so I had to count flight time.

Rest of team... not so effective. I had the most kills.
Old 2013-05-31, 08:42   Link #6973
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I was thinking about buying the wespe again and su 26. but i need to buy some garage slots.
Old 2013-05-31, 08:59   Link #6974
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

There was some MM-based whining at the start of this game, I'm going to guess it had to do with the projected chance of winning. I don't know. I do know that after a minor initial problem (M6 to the face) I was able to run around to the enemy flank and occupy their attention.

Images

EDITED TO ADD:

In case you haven't already seen it, the expanded post-battle information includes this rather cute thing:

I was in the test server queue for an hour (in other words, don't play when Russians are awake). Still a lot of queue purge games with tons of arty, since testing out the nerf and the new vehicles seems to be the in thing. And EXCELSIORS EVERYWHERE... though that doesn't seem to help with getting into a game any faster.

Last edited by Endless Knackwurst; 2013-05-31 at 11:43.
Endless Knackwurst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 13:49   Link #6975
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

That's information is really useful, how's the increased gun accuracy any noticeable difference? I'm getting worried about 122mm derps in the KV/IS line their inaccuracy is part of the balance but with the new patch... oh boy.

In other news my covenanter is now elited, I think I'll wait till the Crusader is on sale before getting it. I also got a new ace tanker badge:

Images
T-34-85

Replay.
Old 2013-05-31, 13:54   Link #6976
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

YES I'm loving the new battle report. I can feel less incompetent when I do module/crew damage instead of HP damage because I can see exactly what they are.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 13:56   Link #6977
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

I have not really noticed much of an accuracy change, since I have been looking more at HEAT and arty changes so far. Certainly it is not worse though.
Old 2013-05-31, 20:38   Link #6978
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I took vents out of my IPanzer to go VS, rammer, and EGLD, and the bloom is still terrible. Or at least terrible by my standards of a tier 8 medium's final cannon.

Just got enough XP to put the second engine into the T-44.

Anyway, yeah... the T-44 has good maneuverability, and like the T-54 and T-62, a very good Soviet medium camo rating. The Pershing has decent maneuverability, but also very good hull-down and a mantlet that absorbs all kinds of things.

So anyway, it's been a 50/50 WR all day. This has led to some strange commentary from me.

Images

I initially drove to E5 to shoot at the people going south, but we were pretty weak on the western road and when the enemy mob went around the corner our people defending inexplicably drove east into the pass at F4. So I ended up driving all the way around the mountain and down the middle of the map to come up behind them (and their M7 Priest, which had followed them to J3) and start derping all the things. Having done so I went through the pass again to my position in the screenshot, and yes, it got silly.
Maybe UTE_UTE_UTE should change their name to UTA_UTA_UTA...

But man, my winrate just keep going lower and lower. In fact, I've basically stopped caring about winning. Especially as much as I'm playing my Lowe nowadays. I make credits even if I die without doing any damage (not much, but it's certainly not a loss). The only way I lose money is if I shoot an ally or waste all of my ammunition shooting the sky, which almost never happens anyway, no matter what tank I'm playing.

I noticed that when I stop caring about winning or losing I have a lot more fun. Being a tryhard really sucks all of the enjoyment out of what is otherwise an awesome game. Screw my stats. People that judge other players on their winrate are pathetic, anyway.
Old 2013-05-31, 20:42   Link #6979
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

12 wins over 25 games with 2 draws in the middle during this afternoon. I almost forgot why I liked to play the Pz IV, and today's games reminded me why (6 victories in a row).

And I've downloaded some GuP mods, and it's funny but it started to re-ignite the flame I have over this game.
Old 2013-05-31, 20:48   Link #6980
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

whatever floats your boat, i've been laying off high tiers and been trolling tiers at 6 and under. tryin to bring back my WR up and eventually past 54%.

anyways i like blue, its my fav color, black then grape, altho dark colors make me hot in the summer... hell i'm sweatin just talkin about it. anyways i've started watching yuru yuri again.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks