AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-12, 16:13   Link #7281
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Had a 3 man platoon with two RL friends today: one match in the hellcat resulted in a 1vs1 situation against a tier 8 tank; the result. (warning some incomprehensible language in the platoon chat)
Old 2013-06-12, 16:17   Link #7282
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Then its not my fault!

Anyway, I was just on between 12:40 ~ 1:45 PST, but you weren't.

Again not my fault!

- Tak
Yeah, don't blame me either!

Endless "Not my fault" Soul
Old 2013-06-12, 18:08   Link #7283
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I logged off at ~11 pm EST.

so its not my fault that you log on later. ever since ES took his vacation from WoT, i've been solo more than plat.

not that it matters, but its startin to get old being solo, I kinda feel like Pen now, when he only solos until someone invites him. XD (the song comes to my mind when i think of Pen soloing "I'm so Lonely, Mr. Lonely, all alone." then i start to laugh out of pity, cuz i feel like that sometimes in pubs)
Old 2013-06-12, 19:44   Link #7284
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

To be honest, I'm only "on break" right now because I'm STILL fighting this bronchitis. The doctors and the medicines just can't seem to get rid of it. It really kills all desire to play. When I get home from work, I basically hang out in various forums or watch anime/videos.
Old 2013-06-12, 21:22   Link #7285
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

My current cleanup grind is the final 20K XP to elite the IS-3. However, I have no intention at all of purchasing the IS-8.
Old 2013-06-12, 22:57   Link #7286
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Well I hope you get well soon ES, I'm kinda missing platooning with ya. Had a very good session with Darjeeling and Big Mac today, as well as Pen's friend Jinxed. my WR is slowly going up instead of down.

I need 90k for the T62A.
Old 2013-06-13, 00:17   Link #7287
Pen3

Did pretty good with a new mixed match crew and loader was dead half of the game.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-13, 06:38   Link #7288
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

The hell garage is that? It looks like an official temporary garage.
Old 2013-06-13, 09:13   Link #7289
Pen3

It will be the July garage. Spoiler!
Old 2013-06-13, 10:09   Link #7290
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

So now you know what is this week's benchmark for an Ace Tanker in the IS-3.

Images

My shot on the Churchill took it to 1%, which was annoying, so I just rammed it instead of reloading. Actually, the same thing happened to the Comet.
Old 2013-06-13, 11:30   Link #7291
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Had a hell of a platoon last nite, best run i have had this month. Also my invites are first come first served.
Old 2013-06-13, 16:36   Link #7292
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

This isn't much of a weekend bonus, and there's the usual x3 bump for the daily.

Meanwhile... too bad the assist points for detracking a target hasn't started yet. I rolled my IS-3 onto the cap in Ruinberg and was staring down an E-100... which I tracked five times, doing no damage but leaving it fairly open for the rest of my team to take down.

I did live... the first and third shots from the E-100 failed to kill me, and the second shot actually bounced.
Old 2013-06-13, 16:54   Link #7293
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

I can't wait for the tracking points to go live. This is what I do all day in my medium tanks.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 19:48   Link #7294
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

For me i just try do more dmg before they can shoot back or kill them if i can. but it nice if platoons assist kill your targets that way you have one platoonmate as a main assist.
Old 2013-06-13, 19:52   Link #7295
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Finished the research tree for the IS-3. I have no desire to purchase the IS-8, though, unless there is some unbelievable redeeming feature to having it. (I don't think that getting to the IS-7 is a redeeming feature of the IS-8.)

Grinding the IS-3 was still grinding, but at least it's a decent damage factory.

Images

So now on to the mediums. The Pershing is at least 2/3rds of the way to the M46 Patton, the T-44 has a long way to go to reach the T-54.

Since there's no crew retraining sale yet, the Tiger II crew will continue to work there while the E-75 sits around.

Last edited by Endless Knackwurst; 2013-06-13 at 21:49.
Endless Knackwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 20:04   Link #7296
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
For me i just try do more dmg before they can shoot back or kill them if i can. but it nice if platoons assist kill your targets that way you have one platoonmate as a main assist.
But as dead bottom tier non-heavy fighting a top tier tank on a bad angle with absolutely no way of penetrating whatsoever(sometimes even with gold), tracking is all I can do. And it sometimes leads to the enemy getting seriously arty'd. I believe some credit should go to me when that happens :P
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 20:05   Link #7297
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

It's really making me crazy not been able to play with my tanks in the last 4 days. The freaking grind to the 200 battles in WoWp is taking forever (I have 130/200). Maybe I should settle with the 100 battles and the 1750 gold.
Old 2013-06-13, 21:32   Link #7298
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

depends on the medium tank, i'm mainly on the jumbo, m4, pz4, t34, t34-85, etc. etc. cuz i forget which tanks i have... too hard to keep track of which ones i have.

after free xpin the T62A, i will prolly start free xping for the batman.
Old 2013-06-13, 21:57   Link #7299
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
But as dead bottom tier non-heavy fighting a top tier tank on a bad angle with absolutely no way of penetrating whatsoever(sometimes even with gold), tracking is all I can do. And it sometimes leads to the enemy getting seriously arty'd. I believe some credit should go to me when that happens :P
That's generally what falls under the "+50% credits and exp for winning" category usually :X
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 22:09   Link #7300
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Tales of the Super Pershing:

Images

The loss: Was in the south town, ended up fighting in cover, so I lasted longer than the people that were with me. Our northern group collapsed while I fought the T25, then I had to fight the other Super Pershing and the AT 7 simultaneously while trying to preserve some dignity; I was the only one left on my team at that point. Commander had been taken out and I had engine and gun crits. (I actually popped the first aid kit on the commander after winning my fight, to preserve the XP.) Of course, there was no chance at all of crawling back up to defend the base at that point.

The win: A case of having very, very lucky timing in Pearl River. Went into the funnel of death, managed to be inconspicuous enough that the other tanks didn't really shoot at me, and got credit on the kill for the JT88 and ARL 44 probably because I hit them a microsecond after they'd been softened up by someone else on my team. Then I actually drove between the T34/T29 high side and the Black Prince low side, wheeled around, set the T29 on fire, finished off the T34, and managed to rotate enough to deflect fire from the BP.

Took a long-range low-probability shot on the Luchs after my attempt to kill the Lowe was upstaged by someone else killing the Lowe—that Top Gun was right there; if we'd been about five seconds slower capping I would have been able to kill the Jumbo also.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks