AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2013-07-25, 11:25   Link #8521
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
That, and racism against Eastern Europeans is apparently, still at large!

Interesting enough, I seen worst commentaries made by English speaking Euros than the usual suspects. Funny how that works.

- Tak

*Gasp* Oh my, I thought the Europeans were progressive~ They told me that racism was an exclusive invention of the United States!! Could they possibly have lied to me with their claimed skinny bodies and superior spelling? Blasphemy!

Well that's always expected. Hypocrisy at its best. It's always the accusers who do the best at the things they accuse.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 11:44   Link #8522
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

"Everyone's a little bit racist." (You can look up the YouTube links yourself, but the Anime NEXT 2010 Hetalia version is pretty good.) The trick is either hiding it well, or not hiding it at all.

The story was still lacking in details. We already had rumors of the Japanese tree, a server cluster in Japan would have some utility, but... exactly how are they going to do the GuP tie-in??
Old 2013-07-25, 11:46   Link #8523
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

It's probably gonna be Japanese server exclusive, and you can't get on the server unless you're physically in Japan, as with most things.
Old 2013-07-25, 11:48   Link #8524
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Kind of like the White Tiger event, or the gold Type 59. Which is to say JP-server only stuff, like maybe a Type 89 that moves as fast as an ELC AMX...
Old 2013-07-25, 11:48   Link #8525
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
but... exactly how are they going to do the GuP tie-in??
Skins and voices probably.

Unfortunately... I will have to rip it off from one of my Japanese comrades as their chances of seeing the daylight in the US is slim at best.

- Tak

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 11:52   Link #8526
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

Quote:
Skins and voices probably.

Unfortunately... I will have to rip it off from one of my Japanese comrades as their chances of seeing the daylight in the US is slim at best.

- Tak
Must be nice to have a Japanese comrade. I need one.

If it's only skins and voices then it'll be pretty easy I guess. Though we'd probably miss some of the server-side stuff on NA.
Old 2013-07-25, 12:13   Link #8527
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Edit: The comment section of that article is pretty hilarious.
Quote:
I also read some, they are very unnecessary.

English speaking Euro-gamers aren't much better than NA gamers when it comes to making random comments, it seems.

- Tak
Are we reading the same article? All those comments are in Japanese that therefore probably not written by Europeans.

Anyway good for Wogemingu Jyapan, I guess.
Old 2013-07-25, 12:18   Link #8528
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

No, we were referring to the FTR article referring to the article you have in mind

- Tak

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2013-07-25, 12:22   Link #8529
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

Quote:
No, we were referring to the FTR article referring to the article you have in mind

- Tak
I was referring to the Japanese article's comment section because apparently tank gamers don't take kindly to moe. I thought you just had a random thought about Euro-gamers since they are also bad@commenting. lol
Old 2013-07-25, 12:24   Link #8530
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
I was referring to the Japanese article's comment section because apparently tank gamers don't take kindly to moe. I thought you just had a random thought about Euro-gamers. lol
Oh boy, I think we are all talking about different things.

I was reading the comments in FTR about that article, and I thought those Euro-gamers with random comments were basement douchbags.

Because so far, http://gs.inside-games.jp/news/423/42302.html has no comments. Ah, never mind.

- Tak

Old 2013-07-25, 12:29   Link #8531
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

Quote:
Oh boy, I think we are all talking about different things.

I was reading the comments in FTR about that article, and I thought those Euro-gamers with random comments were basement douchbags.

Because so far, http://gs.inside-games.jp/news/423/42302.html has no comments. Ah, never mind.

- Tak
It's on the bottom. Keep scrolling
Old 2013-07-25, 12:31   Link #8532
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:

- Tak
I see. I'll have to check that out.

Quote:
I was referring to the Japanese article's comment section because apparently tank gamers don't take kindly to moe. I thought you just had a random thought about Euro-gamers since they are also bad@commenting. lol
oh lol. Well I barely got through deciphering all the katakana in the article itself, but trying to make sense of Japanese internet slang isn't exactly something I'm too keen on.
Old 2013-07-25, 12:53   Link #8533
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

As much as some people hate the idea of moe or Japanese tanks in general, I'm pretty much counting on it as the only thing that keeps me playing this game. I'm really not happy with the 8.6 changes and I'm pretty fed up with the game in general. My premium expired today and as it stands now I don't plan to spend any more money on this game until the Japanese tanks come. Doesn't even have to be the whole tree either. The Chi-Nu Kai will do.
Old 2013-07-25, 12:57   Link #8534
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

I am saving up all my remaining gold and accumulate enough free XP for the day when the Japanese tree cometh.

Oh, and that would also depend if the Japanese tier X medium is even worth getting. Stay tuned, folks.

- Tak

Old 2013-07-25, 13:01   Link #8535
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

I'm really hoping that with the arrival of Japanese mediums, power creep makes mediums good again. Because to me, 8.6 nerfed mediums to oblivion because with the arty nerf and armor buff(and indirectly, accuracy buff benefiting the formerly inaccurate heavies), reckless play by heavies is rewarded way too much and clever maneuvers by mediums are not even worth it anymore. I'm a medium tank player and right now I'm playing nothing but heavies because otherwise I just can't win. Half of the fun for the game is killed for me.

The mission about destroying 20 medium tanks really shows how this game was turned into(at least in my experience in mid-high tiers). It took me 40 or so games to kill 20 mediums, even though I killed at very least one tank ever game(with a few top guns too). Nobody plays them anymore because it's now all about armor and firepower.

Really need Japanese mediums to come sooner!
Old 2013-07-25, 13:44   Link #8536
Kimidori
Let's Play

really, this update make the game easier without arty, I ONLY drive med, maybe because I got too used to sling gold with HEAT-54 so the armor buff whatsoever not affect me, as my Damage per Game went higher in 8.6 thank to the lack arty.

maybe you should learn to drive med better. :P
Old 2013-07-25, 13:48   Link #8537
Kimidori
Let's Play

and heavy actually got the shaft here, as the accuracy buff make it much easier to hit their weakspot, not that my HEAT-54 need to aim for them anyway.
Old 2013-07-25, 13:53   Link #8538
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

Drive some German mediums. And more mediums with no good gold option in general.

A medium tank with really good gold round option is just a heavy(or more precisely a thinly armored but turreted TD with very good gun) that goes fast. You really don't have to devote most of your time to how to compensate for your bad gun by maneuvering(aka working together with the arty players). With your 2000+ games in derp tier 5 I sure don't need to tell you about it.

Last edited by Achiuakuna; 2013-07-25 at 14:04.
Old 2013-07-25, 14:06   Link #8539
Kimidori
Let's Play

Quote:
Drive some German mediums. And more mediums with no good gold option in general.

A medium tank with really good gold round option is just a heavy(or more precisely a thinly armored but turreted TD with very good gun) that goes fast. You really don't have to devote most of your time to how to compensate for your bad gun by maneuvering. With your 2000+ games in derp tier 5 I sure don't need to tell you about it.
except that T-54 in nature is different from derp, derp have both damage and pen, while T-54 damage per shot is the lowest of tier 9 (320 dmg), only the high pen of HEAT round is what make it so good, no way it a mobile heavy like tier 5 derp.

E-50 gold round is not bad either, 261 pen is enough to pen everything it face with some aiming, the damage per shot of E-50 is on par with Conqueror, M103 and AMX 50 120(390 dmg vs 400 dmg), and the E-50 mobility is great too with more armor than the heavy that is Conqueror, I don't see it worse or not competitive to heavy anywhere, if not for the low DPM it will be OP, but as of now it perfectly balanced.

and I do have a med that have no gold round that is Cent 7, it still great, and it have no armor and the slowest of t9 med.
Old 2013-07-25, 14:24   Link #8540
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Mediums may have gotten a slight nerf but they're by no means unplayable. The improved accuracy makes their agility even more deadly if anything.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks