AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-23, 21:49   Link #9401
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

3/4 is a good little speedy tank when upgraded.
Old 2013-08-23, 22:17   Link #9402
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Hmmmm. Ok, I guess I'll need to get some more gold slots, or sell some of my rarely used tanks! I'll start working towards that when I get home.

BTW, which is the less painful tank to grind, Pz III or VK 20.01D?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 22:25   Link #9403
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

The Pz3/4 is a good tank.

Do note that I had practically everything already unlocked because of going through the PzIV first...
Old 2013-08-23, 22:46   Link #9404
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

from statistics, you see more players play the PZ III than the 2001D.

thats all fine and dandy, but i could just free xp it and get it now, but it would delay my IS 4 longer, also idk if it would be profitable for me to do a side job like that... as i won't be getting anymore gold or getting more premium account.

idk i liked the lee and i still have mine... one of the few tier 4 tanks i have.
Old 2013-08-23, 23:08   Link #9405
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Sorry, read the post wrong, thought you were comparing the 2001D to the Pz3/4 for some reason... whoops.

The 2001D is like a bad copy of the PzIII. (Though to be fair in this comparison, I actually used the PzIII in reality and only poked at the 2001D in the test server a while ago.) There's a bit more armor on the 2001D, but the III is more nimble, which will help you since the guns are not going to save you.

Purchased the 3001H to see if the free tank swap will turn out to be true later. My own question is whether I want to invest any time in actually using it in the meantime... I have some spare crewmen lying around that could take the training, but it just adds another project to the project pile. (Even if all I need to do is drop some free XP into the turret and I'd have things under control.)

Last edited by Endless Knackwurst; 2013-08-23 at 23:26.
Endless Knackwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 00:29   Link #9406
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, it only says that you need to have the VK 30.01 (H) in the garage. Also, when they downgrade it, whatever modules you have will be sent to depot, and they'll restore it to stock configuration, which means that you could level it, sell your stock modules, and then get them back. And looking at the gun, it's not half bad for a T5 gun, which is why I kinda don't mind it going to T5, though I still think the best T5 heavy is the KV-1!

Hmmm, it looks like I'll need to go to the bank and get some gold then. ^_^; And I may end up using the Pz III at T4 as a lowerish grindy thimajig...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-08-24, 01:37   Link #9407
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
And looking at the gun, it's not half bad for a T5 gun,
The Konisch was considered OP at Tier 6, and if it wasn't for the 30pt damage nerf it just got it'd be OP at Tier 5.

Just took my German tanks for a spin in the test server (complete with German voices now!), and they were true to their promise when they said the mobility wouldn't be affected much. My Tiger II still maintains 28-30 kph on flat ground, and even a small downward slope will send it to 38-40 kph, which it really wasn't able to do much before. It's noticeably slower uphill obviously, but not as much as I thought.

Unfortunately, testing the DW2 and the revamped VK30.01H is proving to be nightmarish due to the fact that the matchmaker can't get them into matches at all.

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 02:36   Link #9408
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Ah damn, I'm going on the different branch. I guess no free slot for me, then.

And no matter how many times I play it, the Churchill I is still a horrible experience to me.
Old 2013-08-24, 02:42   Link #9409
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

What your name again
Old 2013-08-24, 02:51   Link #9410
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Me? My IGN is DSveno.

[edit]
Btw, what is that "Chance to win: #%. Global: #%" thingy at the loading screen?
Old 2013-08-24, 03:11   Link #9411
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@Goose

As a person that has grinded the PzIII twice in two different acc there's some advices for you:

As in the image the first thing to research is either the engine or suspension. Use only the 5cm, and after you research the turret go for the upgraded 5cm. It has better pen and rof than the 7,5cm. Use only this gun to grind to the Pz 3/4.

Use the speed and traverse of the tank to carousel the enemy tanks. Also the PzIII has a troll armor to speak of (to the point it can get Iron Wall at tier 4). In tier 4 battles, your only bane could be the Matildas.
Old 2013-08-24, 03:19   Link #9412
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
@Goose

As a person that has grinded the PzIII twice in two different acc there's some advices for you:

As in the image the first thing to research is either the engine or suspension. Use only the 5cm, and after you research the turret go for the upgraded 5cm. It has better pen and rof than the 7,5cm. Use only this gun to grind to the Pz 3/4.

Use the speed and traverse of the tank to carousel the enemy tanks. Also the PzIII has a troll armor to speak of (to the point it can get Iron Wall at tier 4). In tier 4 battles, your only bane could be the Matildas.
Noted, thanks for the heads up! I'm starting my Loltraktor again, and I'm gonna do my best to grind - I think I might have enough free exp to just skip to the Pz III and grind on from there...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-08-24, 04:28   Link #9413
Newhope

I actually think the VK2001 is better than the PZ3, it seems to more maneuverable and has the massive advantage of having US level gun depression on the L\60.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 04:47   Link #9414
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

And no matter how many times I play it, the Churchill I is still a horrible experience to me.
Different strokes for different folks then. I don't play the Churchill I often anymore, but when I do I kick ass with it. Like a recent Tier V game with my two brothers (three of us in a platoon, first time we've done so) where the base got overrun so quickly that most of the allied tanks turned back to defend, and both my brothers got killed doing so. I singlehandedly rolled up to the enemy base, killed their arty, and circlestrafed an AT-2 to death while capturing their base with only 1% health left on me. We won with me getting Steel Wall, Invader and Sniper medals all at once.

Old 2013-08-24, 05:18   Link #9415
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I just have no idea how to make it works. The gun isn't impressive, and it's too slow. I thought the armor would be good, but PzIV and M4 just blasted me away with their derp guns before I could even give them a piece of mine. I tried the side scraping maneuver many times, but it doesn't show much better result as I expected.

And the fact that I have to go against KV-1S frequently doesn't help either.
Old 2013-08-24, 05:34   Link #9416
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I just have no idea how to make it works. The gun isn't impressive, and it's too slow. I thought the armor would be good, but PzIV and M4 just blasted me away with their derp guns before I could even give them a piece of mine. I tried the side scraping maneuver many times, but it doesn't show much better result as I expected.

And the fact that I have to go against KV-1S frequently doesn't help either.
Most of your points are valid, but the gun not being impressive? Maybe in terms of alpha damage compared to the other guns in its tier, but the 75mm Vickers HV is a more reliable gun in terms of penetration and overall damage than the KV-1's 85mm, and it's more accurate to boot.

The armor on the Churchill I is certainly not as tough as it appears to be. The tank does have 170mm of armor on the front (it has an identical armor layout to the Churchill III, but has the 80mm of armor listed instead), however that's only limited to the driver's port.

Finally, the KV-1S is gonna get its 122mm removed in the next patch.

Old 2013-08-24, 05:56   Link #9417
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Ayup. The Church doesn't quite work out completely for me, but that Vickers 75 HV is... i say, by Jove, that's a smashing gun. On the move accuraccy is BETTER than the KV-1's STATIONARY accuraccy.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-08-24, 06:10   Link #9418
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Wait, is there some sort of event going on? Why did I suddenly got 300k credits out of nowhere after relogging?

Old 2013-08-24, 06:17   Link #9419
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

If you kill 30 enemy in one day you get 300K
Old 2013-08-24, 08:48   Link #9420
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

You can do that once a day for the rest of the month. It's how I made 17 million credits in 24 days.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks