AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-09, 22:26   Link #9641
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

but i want platoonmates that i can chat with when i'm dead, like talking about new anime or new manga or LNs.

you don't want to platoon with ppl where its just quiet and only winning mates, although winning is nice, but i think its better where you can casual chat while you wait, like that time i plat with big mac and leon or someone else in MUP, we're talking about the LN and index series, comparing to railgun series, and other anime titles.

anyways i heard their doing Infinite Stratos 2 and some other new anime in Oct. i'm looking forward to some of the new animes.

when i log in, there is at least 2 or 3 other ppl on, usually their soloed players like Dai, UTE, and Xananga or Ascaloth. so i'm usually one my derp tanks since i like how the KV-2 can still lucky one shot some tanks on HE.
Old 2013-09-09, 23:37   Link #9642
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Tonight I have resumed taking platoon invites, in limited quantities, depending on how far along I am in my side quests.

...though I started with the guy I know in NTR...

Since Friday I've tried to get in the 50K XP mission. That's a damn lotta work, or a damn lotta winning.
Old 2013-09-09, 23:44   Link #9643
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Sometimes I don't understand what's wrong with people. That one guy (I remember his name is allstarface or something) kept bitching the whole game after being off in 1 minutes. Later on I manage to get 6 kills in my T29 to lead my team to victory, he's then going on rambling about how I was just lucky because I'm in the most OP tank, and after the match ended, he pm'ed me about how my win rate suck in the most OP tank. Seriously, what's that guy's issue?

Back on the game, I really need help with the AMX 40. The grind on this tank is much more painful than I anticipated, and I often get matched in game again tier 5 or 6. Just 6k exp and I already want to throw the towel in. Already max all the component, but it's still slow as fuck, and can't shoot anything for shit. What should I do in this tank, aside from praying my team will be doing well?
Old 2013-09-09, 23:50   Link #9644
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

He's probably jealous. He's also probably married.
Old 2013-09-09, 23:53   Link #9645
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Some people are just... unpleasant.

AMX 40: I wish I had some non-wiki answers for you. Amusingly, the text on the wiki now is much less optimistic than it used to be:

Quote:
The AMX 40 is a versatile tank. Depending on the teams, maps, position in the list, and the availability of equipment, modules, you can choose from a variety of tactics. Fully upgraded, the AMX 40 can take on nearly every tank at its tier and below but will be left defenseless if caught in the open by higher tier vehicles.

At the top of the list: When it's one of the higher tanks, which isn't often, the AMX 40 is a considerable force, especially when fully upgraded. The armour will bounce a lot of Tier 3 and 4 shots, and the gun is good for a Tier 4. However, this does not mean a player should go rushing in, though the term "rushing" may be an overstatement for the AMX 40. When it's at the top of the list, play the AMX 40 as a advancer. Dawdle forwards at 15km/h and keep firing; don't give the enemy a chance to advance on you, because you will never get away. Keep moving with the full support of a few allies and you can use the AMX's armour to the best of its ability.

In the middle of the list: In the middle of the list, which is where the AMX will find itself the most, its once superior armor is no longer the dominant power. While your gun will still be effective to some Tier 5's, their guns will now be effective against you. Bear in mind you will be destroyed in a mere 12 seconds from a T-34 or you could be one-shotted by a KV-1 with its 122mm. The AMX, at this level, is best used in two ways; it can be used to defend artillery from rushing scouts (who usually have low armour and bad guns), or it can be used to scout, where its decent-ish view range will help it, but its radio will hinder it somewhat.

At the bottom of the list: You are screwed, essentially. Your armour is worthless and your gun even more so. Ultimately, at this Tier, the low speed is what will kill you. You will not be able to get away in time from an approaching M4A3E2 Sherman, and you certainly won't be able to hurt it very easily. The AMX is best used in a position that counters all of these drawbacks - a spotter. Sit in a bush and do not move and definitely DO NOT FIRE! If you are seen, you will be killed faster than you can say "I wish I had the ELC". Luckily for you, the ELC is a welcome relief to this tank, because it's actually competitive.
I played 10 games with the AMX 40, tried desperately to like it, couldn't and ended up spending 10K free XP to get the ELC. Managed to kill a Hellcat with HE in one game (which is probably your best option with the 75mm since its penetration is lacking against tier 5 and 6). Tried to hull-down (with 7 degress of depression this was not good) and use the faster reverse speed to peek, but the slightly-slow aim time made this unreliable.

Speaking of destroying Hellcats, in checking my kill history, at some point I must have platooned badly and had a game where I killed a Hellcat with a Pz38t...
Old 2013-09-09, 23:56   Link #9646
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Back on the game, I really need help with the AMX 40. The grind on this tank is much more painful than I anticipated, and I often get matched in game again tier 5 or 6. Just 6k exp and I already want to throw the towel in. Already max all the component, but it's still slow as fuck, and can't shoot anything for shit. What should I do in this tank, aside from praying my team will be doing well?
Actually the grind is much more nicer since the new MM (Try to grind the tank with the old MM, it will make you want to grab a bate and hit your computer with it). But a recommendation is platoon with somebody who can carry the game for you on your same tier (Panzer III, Matilda, Valentine).
Old 2013-09-10, 00:03   Link #9647
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

ES ur married XD... so being married doesn't make ppl cranky.

idk i feel so betrayed by the clan, seeing no one chats, and i don't see many clan platoons like before... i guess times are changing.

T29 is not so OP, heck i get tier 9 matches in it more frequently than its own tier rounds. also if you have enough pen, you can shoot the hull and do dmg to any T29, the only thing i can say that is OP is the turret, but gettin shot by a tier 9 gold round will pen right thru the turret... unless you can get it to bounce.

its between T29, Tiger P, and IS that are the OP heavies in tier 7.

for the amx, if you can find a good matilda, lee, hetzer, T40, or T-28 player maybe grindin would be more bearable.
Old 2013-09-10, 00:30   Link #9648
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
T29 is not so OP, heck i get tier 9 matches in it more frequently than its own tier rounds. also if you have enough pen, you can shoot the hull and do dmg to any T29, the only thing i can say that is OP is the turret, but gettin shot by a tier 9 gold round will pen right thru the turret... unless you can get it to bounce.
Correction, it's the mantlet that is hard to pen. The top of turret and the cheek could be pen with proper angle. I've killed a lot of T29, and surprisingly not many people know about their top cover weakness.
Old 2013-09-10, 04:37   Link #9649
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Correction, it's the mantlet that is hard to pen. The top of turret and the cheek could be pen with proper angle. I've killed a lot of T29, and surprisingly not many people know about their top cover weakness.
T29 also appears to be weak to shots that go through the tracks; I once killed a T29 with my T-34 by firing through the tracks. From what I remember, my shots were bouncing off the turret and the side armor, but when I tried shooting through the tracks, they penetrated and did damage.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 05:30   Link #9650
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Had to throw in the towel. From 54.93% down to 54.87%. I think I'm retiring for the week.
Old 2013-09-10, 19:47   Link #9651
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-09-10, 20:04   Link #9652
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Ah yes, the episode of Strana's Hellcat Is Very Lonely.
Old 2013-09-10, 22:35   Link #9653
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So earlier I had a decent match in my M4; dealt the most damage, went rampaging at the enemy cap, very nearly got Top Gun.

Then I used up my free exp on getting the tracks and the 2nd turret for my Cromwell, which I'd bought over the weekend. Didn't have to pay anything for the Vickers 75mm HV, since I'd already unlocked it and had a spare one from my Churchill VII. 9th game in the Cromwell, first game with the 2nd turret and Vickers 75mm HV gun. I was prepared for a terrible result. Instead:

Victory!, Cromwell, Murovanka, 9/11/13 7:14 PM: 1,089 nXP, 1,728 dmg
Images

OH HELL YES.

Couldn't have done it without Uber's video on Cromwell Ace tanking. XD

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-10, 23:50   Link #9654
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

My global win rate is at 55.4975%, which is showing up rounded as 55.5%... I've decided to stop chasing for tonight the one additional win that would make it real.

I'm also within 100 games of 11000 games played, which is... pretty damn depressing, actually.
Old 2013-09-11, 00:07   Link #9655
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I still can't believe how this battle went:

Lucky Endgame
Spoiler:

It was stressing to say the least.
Old 2013-09-11, 00:25   Link #9656
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Holy shit. So much epicness. A Lee getting Top Gun?! Matilda Awesomeness. And Oh My Fucking God that Hetzer.

With commentary from Jingles.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-11, 01:28   Link #9657
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

guess i'll take a long break again. i'll come back around thanksgiving.

sayonara mup, until we meet again.
Old 2013-09-11, 07:05   Link #9658
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Images

Actually I think this is the first time I've EVER platooned with my Type 62 (as the scout MM makes it hairy to do so), and only then because it was the last game before Gnug called it a morning. Didn't expect much (and indeed, I just wanted to get the daily double on it over with), but it turned into one of my best games in a while.

Images

Only for my fun to be ended by their FV215b 183 near the close of the game. Oh well.

Images

6k spotting damage, and more than my HP in damage on top of that. I think I did pretty well, heh. And this just puts me within 3 odd games for the Type to go into positives. Hmm.

Also, this wasn't from today's match, but last night's session with both Steeltalon and owatson, doing 9s as per request. I think Watson has the replay, and I hope to get him to upload it.

Images

The day was kind of a mixed bag, and I think I netted more losses than wins at that time (12 out of 19 games were losses), so we were kind of despondent. Also when the loading screen started for the match, the fact that the top three tiers of our team were reds made it worse. The plan pretty much boiled down to trying to stay alive as long as possible and HOPEFULLY doing something useful.

Oh, and if you're wondering why Watson was in a T71, he doesn't have any tier 9 tanks yet.

Steeltalon and me went to the south of the forest, while Watson stayed in the G3 area bushes. Our Type 62 and AMX 13 90 pretty much died within the first three minutes of the match, leaving us blind down south. Pretty much forced me and Steeltalon to creep forward in the forest and slowly spot what we ran into. Eventually Steeltalon got destroyed by the AMX 50 100, which forced me to creep back and wait for owen to circle his T71 to the forest and scout. It went relatively well, but as he was spotted by the King Tiger before we could kill it, it left just me and the FV215b 183 in the forest, while the AMX 50 100 destroyed our arty and started capping. I hurried back, stopped the cap, and destroyed the AMX, but while this was happening the T57 finished off the FV. Left alone, I hunkered down in the H3 bushes, and waited.

Images

Soon enough the T57 rolled into town, not spotting me. I hit it once in the side, then backed off into the wreck of our T34, where I waited for it to come to me. I loaded HEAT, and hit the top of the turret twice as it was popping up from behind the T34 wreck and hill slope to try to get me. And let's just say that I didn't miss. (20 out of 20 shots)

Images

Yeah, I have my moments of hyperfocused play. 4.7k+ damage. Too bad it doesn't happen often.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-09-11 at 07:41.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 09:48   Link #9659
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Only for my fun to be ended by their FV215b 183 near the close of the game. Oh well.
Yeah, but the 183 does that to a lot of people.

Some of my highlights of the past week:

I was in a 1602 and had already gone to the other side of the map and killed the opposing ELC AMX by the time these TOGs had left our cap.

Images

If you're going to put references into your player name, make sure you can handle the material:

...we drained out memes from The Wicker Man for the next five minutes.

Comet games seem to run the extremes of spectacular successes or spectacular failures. Sometimes it feels better to be average though.

Images

...that's still a lot of damage.

Winning in the JT88 without being turned into a ball of incandescent gas:

Images

I tried to be inconspicuous behind our heavies, and was miraculously not shot at.

This was an entirely Tier 5 game. And it was a bloody mess.

Images

It was down to the M7 and me versus about seven players at the end, and the only reason we survived was that the AT 2 was too slow to crawl back to its cap and kill us both.

By their nature, flawless victories are never very pretty for statistics.

Images
Old 2013-09-11, 10:05   Link #9660
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

My own Comet adventures tonight:

Images

Platoonmate was asking for a miracle. He got one. Really telling when a tier 7 outdamages the PTA.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks