AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-11, 10:23   Link #9661
Gravitas Free Zone

Rate of fire versus alpha versus penetration is an interesting triangle.

If I get a good route in, I can do a ridiculous amount of flanking damage with the Comet by simply shooting more often, even if the gun isn't very strong.

Yesterday I shoehorned the T20 back into my garage and had to spend some time remembering that high alpha/high pen and low ROF demand a different plan, even if the T20 is a bit faster than the Comet (but is tricky to turn). As it turned out, in its return debut game, all I had to do was pop-up hull-down shooting and I was punching right through my targets.
Old 2013-09-11, 10:38   Link #9662
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
I think I'm not good at tank without high alpha/high pen damage. I did horrible in my Cromwell, but my Hellcat is at pretty good shape. I could never find a good flanking route without being ambushed or several layers of defending. Most of the time I could only get 1 or 2 shots and got shot. Is there any tips for improvement?
Old 2013-09-11, 10:49   Link #9663
Tempester
Lazy J-Pop Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I think I'm not good at tank without high alpha/high pen damage. I did horrible in my Cromwell, but my Hellcat is at pretty good shape. I could never find a good flanking route without being ambushed or several layers of defending. Most of the time I could only get 1 or 2 shots and got shot. Is there any tips for improvement?
Don't attempt the French light line beyond the ELC AMX.

For now, at least until you improve at medium tanks. The scout matchmaking for those tanks is outdated and you are essentially a peashooter with a chance of dealing half-decent damage if you get to shoot a whole clip, but more often than not having to get the hell away after firing once or twice, and then reloading your clip for 20 seconds before you can shoot again.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Shirobako
Aldnoah.Zero
Hanayamata
Yoru no Yatterman
Rolling Girls
Amagi Brilliant Park
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 11:04   Link #9664
Gravitas Free Zone

In one of my less-advised maneuvers yesterday, I managed to wiggle my Centurion around behind an IS-7, KV-5, and an E-100 at the SE city edge on Lakeville. I did manage to confound all three of them long enough such that the heavies that were with me easily finished them off. And I bounced a couple of shots. Unfortunately I didn't bounce four others.

If I'm playing a fast medium for support, I'll try as much as possible to see where the enemy's guns are pointing, and only move out when they're shooting at a teammate or otherwise not looking at me. Those maxed-out zoom mods are very helpful for this. Low-alpha peekaboo in a tank with light armor, versus a tank with a big gun, is going to be a losing game unless you can cause the other tank to miss, or, more reliably, not shoot at you.

Depending on the terrain and your backup, it might be more advantageous to fire a shot, disappear for a bit, and then relocate entirely.

Also, I tend to play my fast mediums a bit too aggressively. Survivability would probably improve if I tried to make sure to hang back until there's a more obviously-exploitable seam in the enemy lines, instead of being a Fat Fast Scout.
Old 2013-09-11, 11:52   Link #9665
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

I'm loving the national voices.
Old 2013-09-11, 12:26   Link #9666
Gravitas Free Zone

Bracing for the mod bloodbath to come...

http://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks...y/88_mod_list/
Old 2013-09-11, 12:53   Link #9667
Kimidori
Let's Play

so in 8.8 you have to get in the game to sell the Super Pershing for gold or send a ticket?

Quote:
Sometimes I don't understand what's wrong with people. That one guy (I remember his name is allstarface or something) kept bitching the whole game after being off in 1 minutes. Later on I manage to get 6 kills in my T29 to lead my team to victory, he's then going on rambling about how I was just lucky because I'm in the most OP tank, and after the match ended, he pm'ed me about how my win rate suck in the most OP tank. Seriously, what's that guy's issue?

Back on the game, I really need help with the AMX 40. The grind on this tank is much more painful than I anticipated, and I often get matched in game again tier 5 or 6. Just 6k exp and I already want to throw the towel in. Already max all the component, but it's still slow as fuck, and can't shoot anything for shit. What should I do in this tank, aside from praying my team will be doing well?
hehe, looked up that guys stat, he a good player, but only a light blue, people at that point of stat is usually rapidly improving and easily get irritated by loss or bad play, if he having a bad day, seeing a vital tank like T29 being afk will certainly make him rage, and if you not play well after coming back, it will even lead to more rage, I can't say if you were lucky or not without seeing replay though, and I agree that after battle pm is going too far.
Old 2013-09-11, 13:01   Link #9668
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
hehe, looked up that guys stat, he a good player, but only a light blue, people at that point of stat is usually rapidly improving and easily get irritated by loss or bad play, if he having a bad day, seeing a vital tank like T29 being afk will certainly make him rage, and if you not play well after coming back, it will even lead to more rage, I can't say if you were lucky or not without seeing replay though, and I agree that after battle pm is going too far.
To clarify, by "being off", I meant he was killed in less than 1 minute after the game started.

I just notice the British SPG line. Saw a Bishop and thought "what the heck is this tiny tank?" .

Apparently they kick ass.
Old 2013-09-11, 15:31   Link #9669
RWBladewing

Hey guys how do you think this game went?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yep.
Images
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 15:31   Link #9670
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I feel sad cause NA will get the update between tomorrow and monday. I just can't wait the moment to sell the VK 3001 H so I could buy the KV-4 again.
Old 2013-09-11, 15:43   Link #9671
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

With most mods not working and the credits earned display bug there is a blessing with being late with patches.

Oh who am I kidding.
Old 2013-09-11, 17:11   Link #9672
Newhope

My god the VK3001 and VK3601 have been nerfed to hell.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 22:45   Link #9673
Gravitas Free Zone

I had some good games platooning two T-54s with the Chinese T-54.

And got a badge for the new toy.

Images
Old 2013-09-12, 06:01   Link #9674
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Images

Where being outgunned comes down to playing conservatively.

As the chat states, we somehow rolled a member of -G- and two wild 57% players for our enemies. The beginning started with a clusterfsk, as somehow a T21 managed to sneak up to the bowl at D6, meaning I got spotted immediately. The Jumbo and the M6 took it out, but not before the M6 got taken out in turn.

Then the 110 charged the middle, followed by a few other heavies. It became back and forth from that point onward, but when Gnug's T32 fell there was literally nothing stopping the 110 from leading a charge into the road at C8. So I turned around, and hoped to keep them pinned long enough for the others to get to the base.

Images

Turned out it was the right decision. The charge was halted, the 110 cussed me out for bouncing off my Indien's hatch during hulldown 3 times, and we had to mop up the remaining tanks (the Lowe, the Is-3, the arty, and their afk T21). The Lowe actually hit me one more time, so I just stayed behind at the base while the rest charged to the opposing flag.

Images

Pretty exciting, and an exhilarating win altogether.
Old 2013-09-12, 06:25   Link #9675
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's nice when you have someone works together with you :d.

Anyway, look like 8.8 arrives. I'm looking forward to all those bugfix and changes, especially:

Quote:
When your team is defeated but you get one of the Battle Hero, Epic or Platoon achievements, you will now receive the same credits and experience (as for the victorious team).
[edit]
Duh, sorry. I thought the maintenance just now is for 8.8.

By the way, does the Equipment discount happens usually? I kinda want to mount several things but I fear that if I went on and made a purchase, they could be announce the discount next week, so lot of my tank is sitting there without any equipment.

Man I was shitting my pant when I saw there are only 3 of us against 8 of the enemy in the city. Took 31 hits and didn't die. This tank has some serious armor.

Images

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2013-09-12 at 08:51.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 09:31   Link #9676
Tempester
Lazy J-Pop Culture Fan

8.8 update for NA servers is due September 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Images
I feel a profound sense of jealously and anger towards bad players who own Type 59s.

Quote:
By the way, does the Equipment discount happens usually? I kinda want to mount several things but I fear that if I went on and made a purchase, they could be announce the discount next week, so lot of my tank is sitting there without any equipment.
The NA server hasn't gotten an equipment sale in months. There was quite a row in the WoT NA forum last weekend about that when we got the same old set of premium tanks on sale from the previous weeks yet no equipment sale. I have several tanks I've been unable to use because they lack equipment and I'm waiting earnestly for the next sale. We could also really use a premium ammo sale.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Shirobako
Aldnoah.Zero
Hanayamata
Yoru no Yatterman
Rolling Girls
Amagi Brilliant Park
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 09:36   Link #9677
Gravitas Free Zone

Good, six days should be enough time to hammer out the glitchy mods.
Old 2013-09-12, 10:20   Link #9678
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
http://wotreplays.com/site/337405#mu...owatson699-t71

A link to the replay of the other day's T-54 game.
Old 2013-09-12, 11:41   Link #9679
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Man, september 18 to get the patch? That's a load of bull. Although considering the bugs they found in EU and RU....
Old 2013-09-12, 12:06   Link #9680
Gravitas Free Zone

Lemme tell you a story about updating TF2 servers...

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks