AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-13, 13:14   Link #11521
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

I don't, I got the tracks, engine and turret first. I got frustrated by the slowness of the tank and aiming time with the gun with the stock engine and turret.
Old 2014-01-13, 14:05   Link #11522
Sumeragi
Banned

Need I say more?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 20:39   Link #11523
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

Windows XP is the best Windows.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 22:29   Link #11524
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

I logged in and played a couple of games and logged back out because lag was acting up... got to watch the lag indicator blink like a deranged mechanical game of Red Light Green Light, and got a Sniper award in the Cromwell despite shooting on the move... somehow. When I shot at a Hellcat and it exploded after dropping back down a hill, it seemed like a good reason to wait for the ether sprites to cooperate.
Old 2014-01-13, 23:04   Link #11525
Newhope

LOL.

Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 23:21   Link #11526
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Woah, somebody actually did that? I must say that's admirable in a sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi
Need I say more?
What's that, research material?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I don't, I got the tracks, engine and turret first. I got frustrated by the slowness of the tank and aiming time with the gun with the stock engine and turret.
Well, my experience with the 88 after the second turret is that it was playable, but felt more like a big scout than a medium.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 23:21   Link #11527
Pen3

That is some dedication i see. I could never have the patience or time for that.
Old 2014-01-13, 23:27   Link #11528
Newhope

Only really did doubles really and finished some research on French and UK trees, did get a few 8k games during the X5 which helped.

Probably sell the IS-6 it's aload of crap.

Edit:Think I'll keep it ROFL.

Last edited by Newhope; 2014-01-14 at 00:01.
Old 2014-01-14, 00:20   Link #11529
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

Congrats. That's amazing.

And Pen, you came to the dark side as well? I don't have Kongou yet ;_;
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 00:33   Link #11530
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
What's that, research material?
Yes, for the initial tree.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 02:18   Link #11531
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

I put my bored T18 crew in the M7 Priest over the weekend, and finished with the Priest tonight. Most inaccurate SPG gun I've ever used. I know that the T92 and Conqueror GC are worse, but at least they have grid-square-erasing splash.

I'd fire the M7, fully aimed, at a stationary target, on a flat surface; it would still hit the edge of the aiming circle or slightly damage a track. With a 100% crew, also...

I also confirmed over the last three days that I like the PzJg I and UC 2-pdr a lot more than the T18.

So now the question is what to do with the six crewmembers... I could crack open both the T25 and T25/2, but... ehhhhh.
Old 2014-01-14, 02:30   Link #11532
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I put my bored T18 crew in the M7 Priest over the weekend, and finished with the Priest tonight. Most inaccurate SPG gun I've ever used. I know that the T92 and Conqueror GC are worse, but at least they have grid-square-erasing splash.

I'd fire the M7, fully aimed, at a stationary target, on a flat surface; it would still hit the edge of the aiming circle or slightly damage a track. With a 100% crew, also...
I once played the M7 Priest when it was still Tier V. Didn't take me long to realise that I should use it the same way that its equivalent in Company of Heroes worked; aim at the general area where the most targets are, and SPAM THAT SHIT. Its got pretty high ROF for an SPG, so you can afford to do that too... at least, if you don't care about your hit rate.

Otherwise, the only other reason you'd want to play the Priest, is for the wealth of jokes that comes with it.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 03:55   Link #11533
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Woah, somebody actually did that? I must say that's admirable in a sense.

Well, my experience with the 88 after the second turret is that it was playable, but felt more like a big scout than a medium.
I had a friend who went for the IS-6 and completed the mission over a week ago, I kind of regret not going for it as it wasn't as grindy as I thought it would be.

As for the 9 cm I agree that the tank is more playable with the second turret, the aim time, accuracy and the rof can be really trollish especially versus tier 8 tanks. And the mobility of the tank is great the with the second engine, the only thing I'm really missing is gun depression.
Old 2014-01-14, 05:55   Link #11534
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I had a friend who went for the IS-6 and completed the mission over a week ago, I kind of regret not going for it as it wasn't as grindy as I thought it would be.
Your not missing much IS-6 is a pretty crappy tank.
Old 2014-01-14, 06:22   Link #11535
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Your not missing much IS-6 is a pretty crappy tank.
It has excellent moneymaking capability, has limited MM, and has angles everywhere making it one of the best tanks for reverse-angling (aka Sidescraping). The only thing stopping it from being considered broken is the fact that it has the KV-1S's gun.
Old 2014-01-14, 06:39   Link #11536
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It has excellent moneymaking capability, has limited MM, and has angles everywhere making it one of the best tanks for reverse-angling (aka Sidescraping). The only thing stopping it from being considered broken is the fact that it has the KV-1S's gun.
Armor (only have 16% survival rate) isn't great to many T8 TD's about that rip it to shreds, most same tier heavies don't have much trouble either, the gun is simply to much of a handicap unless you use gold ammo which in turn gimps it's money making ability.
Old 2014-01-14, 08:41   Link #11537
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Its got pretty high ROF for an SPG, so you can afford to do that too... at least, if you don't care about your hit rate.
I don't remember the M7's pre-8.6 fire rate, but its current reload time with a max crew and a rammer is around 17 seconds... not really spam territory.

The SU-26 is still the tier 3 spam king, though with the nerfs the 76mm gun doesn't do a damn thing. I had to kill one in a Churchill I the other day, running from the mid hill on Abbey down to the other base. It shot at me four times in that interval and hit three times. Two HEAT bounces and one HE hit that barely scratched the paint.

Rate of fire winners still go to the leFH18B2, though it doesn't have the ammunition reserves to really make use of it, and the FV304, which is hilariously annoying.
Old 2014-01-14, 09:57   Link #11538
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Another thing to consider is that going up against one of them in any sort of lower tier tank, and in some cases, a non-fully-upgraded t8 is quite difficult. As an even worse example, I remember being dismembered by them in my PTA before I had the good gun. After getting the good gun, I've tended to see only tier 10.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2014-01-14 at 10:08.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 12:47   Link #11539
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Read the chat near the end of the battle.

It feels good being congratulated for a job well done

Had a good session last night. 18 wins out of 24, and finally I'm starting to get the trick behind the IS-8.
Old 2014-01-14, 13:52   Link #11540
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

On the flip side, there was a Pz3/4 in a game last night that I had time to contemplate after I died... sitting in one of the mid-map sniper nests of El Halluf, turret randomly traversing left and right. Smelled a bot, pulled up the player info... 6500 games, average XP... 160. If I could have reached through the series of tubes and smacked them upside their nonhuman botting head, I would have.

On the dying front: I was up in A2 yelling at the three clueless TDs that were with me that when I popped out and the enemy traversed to aim at my tank, they would be able to pop up and shoot at the enemy safely. They did not do this. Instead, after I got ganked, they continued to stare at the bend in the ridge while the other team used the new secondary route to flank them. Hell, after they were flanked and taking fire from the side, they continued to stare at the bend.

Edited to add: Bonus dying front: The most dangerous part of a game is chasing the final enemies during a rout, or... I was having a perfectly-fine time chasing down a T-54 with my T71, but I had six teammates trying to kill it also, leading to my absorbing a shot in the back from a 704 when the T-54 tracked itself and I swung around it.

Though the funniest part of that game was heading to an early scouting position, unmasking a Foch, and watching it absorb 1600 damage in about a tenth of a second.

Immediately prior to that game was a game where my victorious team's PzIC almost unloaded their entire clip into my back after we'd killed the last guy, because it was just driving around with the trigger pulled.

Last edited by Endless Knackwurst; 2014-01-14 at 18:46.
Endless Knackwurst is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks