AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-21, 06:36   Link #11601
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Damn, I could have gotten my first BIA with a friend earlier. We were doing Church III platoon. All he needs is one kill left -.-"

I cant believe that M5 managed to land a hit on the track of the church III, diminishing huge amount of damage(That gonna hurt)

Earlier, I was stat padding and surprisingly there were so many derp t18! I was trying to train my t1 crew for team battle

70% 6th sense and Camo

As for my Church III
71% repair all crews

My last game with my Church III could have gave me a top gun but someone stole my kill T_T
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 15:00   Link #11602
Tak
Banned

Not again, Tsundere-Heavy-Tank, not again!

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 15:04   Link #11603
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

I'm still fairly happy with ditching the T18 for Tier 2 seal clubbing and going with the UC 2-pdr/Panzerjaeger I combo. Trading armor for view range has actually been fairly helpful at a tier where half the people don't have radios and the other half can't see past their outstretched arm.

Actually, in my first game with the PJ, I'd forgotten to train the crew, so it was running with only a 50% crew, but with binoculars on it still managed to outsight people.

On the other end of the tiers... rough session with the JagdPanther II so far during this On Track. Easily doing two to three times my XP in damage, but not getting a lot of kills. WR with it is absolutely crap, though I also blame that on initially attempting to do a natural grind with the 105mm, which... nope. Meanwhile, the Roomba, king of Stock Tank Is Stronk, has a 73% WR over only slightly fewer games.

I did amuse myself in the daily that I finally achieved, by getting the hull-down positioning just right so that I was bouncing 128mm E-75 rounds off of the gun superstructure. Unfortunately the thing is so freakin' tall that there's not too many map locations that let that happen.

Still glad I didn't get the Ferdinand, though. I can actually try to flank with the JPII.

Last edited by Endless Knackwurst; 2014-01-21 at 16:04.
Endless Knackwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 15:57   Link #11604
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Not again, Tsundere-Heavy-Tank, not again!

- Tak
It has only been a week >_<
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 22:30   Link #11605
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Finished something I'd initially passed over, which was eliting the Churchill I by researching the Churchill Gun Carrier (which I have absolutely no intention of ever using, since I already have the AT 7).

WR in the Church I is 62%. The Churchill VII is only at 50% (though I've only used it for one-third as many games). Oddly enough I don't totally hate the VII... it's just very dull.

Been getting waves of the same maps again. It's irritating.

Surprise Ace Tanker:
Images
But I didn't do anything...?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Bottom tier is good for XP. And surprisingly good for damage.
Images
This was after a string of very annoying losses.

Edited to add...

This would have been impossible in the Chaffee. I finished the game with 2 HP, and the first shot that I absorbed in the T71 would have been the only shot that I absorbed in the Chaffee.
Images

Edited again to add...

This broke a string of annoying losses in the Cromwell.
Images
The team damage occurred because a light decided to drive across my path when everyone was leaving the spawn.

So yeah, I said "annoying losses" twice. Various stupid things happened.

Last edited by Endless Knackwurst; 2014-01-22 at 02:13.
Old 2014-01-22, 02:25   Link #11606
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Just a random question... but what do you guys do if you find a platoonmate on the opposing side?

The last time that happened to me, we both decided - without communicating it - to engage in a peekaboom match. Except that arty killed me soon enough.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 02:44   Link #11607
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Just a random question... but what do you guys do if you find a platoonmate on the opposing side?
I acknowledge them by saying hi. Then sometimes they tell me to f--- off.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 04:37   Link #11608
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
I acknowledge them by saying hi. Then sometimes they tell me to f--- off.
Your clan's not very friendly, is it?

Asked the same question on SB. The answers I received boiled down to "Deathmatch!", "RAMMNING Deathmatch!" and "Witty banter, then RAMMING Deathmatch!"

We're all weird somehow.

Reminds me of the most ridiculous mutual kill I've ever done - rammning a French arty just as he fired HE point blank into me. He ended up killing me, but my broken Panzer III/IV's hulk had enough momentum to kill him.

I love that little thing. I'm actually taking it easy on grinding for the Panzer IV, since I've been having so much fun with it.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 22:38   Link #11609
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

This would have been a de Langlade's Medal... if only the enemy had actually driven onto the cap circle.

Images
I didn't have to drive very much at least. Because it was impossible.
Old 2014-01-23, 06:37   Link #11610
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I cant believe a newb became a Super Unicum.. I mean she skipped the torture of going from tier 1.

She already bought an IS-6 first before she starts asking that. I had an impression that she`s an reroll. Oh and one more thing, I already befriended her.

I`ll gonna buy IS-6 next month in my alt and I would have to clean up bunker and sell tanks that I don`t need to use or something like 'Gonna be back to grind soon'

I guess, I have to sell my T82 (didnt start using it yet) since I need more slots and bunkers

Speaking of a friend, here`s her WOT profile. You`ll gonna be surprised at that below once you take a look at it.

And here`s her stats in noobmeter.

^^What`s your impressions about this?
Old 2014-01-23, 07:10   Link #11611
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
I cant believe a newb became a Super Unicum.. I mean she skipped the torture of going from tier 1.

She already bought an IS-6 first before she starts asking that. I had an impression that she`s an reroll. Oh and one more thing, I already befriended her.

I`ll gonna buy IS-6 next month in my alt and I would have to clean up bunker and sell tanks that I don`t need to use or something like 'Gonna be back to grind soon'

I guess, I have to sell my T82 (didnt start using it yet) since I need more slots and bunkers

Speaking of a friend, here`s her WOT profile. You`ll gonna be surprised at that below once you take a look at it.

And here`s her stats in noobmeter.

^^What`s your impressions about this?
Looks like a reroll. Her win rate was ridiculously high at first, indicating that she knew exactly what she was doing, before it stabilized to "really high". Nobody with zero previous experience in WoT starts off with a win rate like that. Compare her to this player who is also a unicum but actually worked his way up from a n00b 47% win rate.

I have nothing against reroll accounts, as long as the player acknowledges the fact. Heck, my alt account is something of a reroll, although since I'm not that great a player, it's a rather poor attempt at one.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Isshuukan Friends
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Miss Monochrome: The Animation
The Little Mermaid (1975)
Space Dandy
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 08:04   Link #11612
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Looks like a reroll. Her win rate was ridiculously high at first, indicating that she knew exactly what she was doing, before it stabilized to "really high". Nobody with zero previous experience in WoT starts off with a win rate like that. Compare her to this player who is also a unicum but actually worked his way up from a n00b 47% win rate.

I have nothing against reroll accounts, as long as the player acknowledges the fact. Heck, my alt account is something of a reroll, although since I'm not that great a player, it's a rather poor attempt at one.
I havent seen her how she played, I better catch up with her to see what she can do in platoon.

I`m doing my best and ought to become a unicum once I have a tier 10 tanks. The American TDs, I better stop the grind of it first in my alt. Right now I`m grinding Russian (MT, HT and TD) and US(HT)

I dont want to go through in US autoloader line yet, since I`m not that good in scouting and I noticed that T21 has a scout MM which made stop my grind and sold the M2 Light.

I may not know how to become a unicum player, I don`t even know so yeah I seek an advice and tips. I`m using my alt right now and it has tier 5 tank(The Church III). I`m halfway through unlocking the T-34(I`m using T-80)
Old 2014-01-23, 08:09   Link #11613
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
This would have been a de Langlade's Medal... if only the enemy had actually driven onto the cap circle.

Images
I didn't have to drive very much at least. Because it was impossible.
You know what's really funny? I got a de Langlade's Medal before I even hit 1000 battles; when I got it, I was just like, "oh cool, never got this one before." Didn't even consider how rare it might actually be at the time. One of those random noob luck moments to be sure.

Managed to get Ace Tanker on the KV-220 yesterday and experienced something shocking in that battle - coordination in the pubs on the enemy team. A coordinated effort by 3 of their heavies to all run to another flank at once after being unable to hurt me. That tank is so silly when people don't know where to shoot.

...then in the next game I was killed by a Hellcat sitting directly behind me less than 50m away in an open field, who I could not see until he had fired 2 shots. Can't wait for that TD camo nerf...
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 09:04   Link #11614
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
You know what's really funny? I got a de Langlade's Medal before I even hit 1000 battles;
Here's the replay for that one. My gut said that it was pointless to push the ice road corner, but I wanted to look. Fortunately the T-44 talked me into my senses and I turned around. Also further evidence that given the choice at close range between the relatively soft but angled LFP of the Tiger P and the cupola of the Tiger P, always pick the cupola.

Quote:
Managed to get Ace Tanker on the KV-220 yesterday and experienced something shocking in that battle - coordination in the pubs on the enemy team. A coordinated effort by 3 of their heavies to all run to another flank at once after being unable to hurt me. That tank is so silly when people don't know where to shoot.
Ran into a platoon of KV-220s in a pub game yesterday, watched team not have any idea what to do with them. Unfortunately I was on the wrong side of the map in the wrong tank to do anything about it.
Old 2014-01-23, 09:43   Link #11615
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:

Ran into a platoon of KV-220s in a pub game yesterday, watched team not have any idea what to do with them. Unfortunately I was on the wrong side of the map in the wrong tank to do anything about it.
I bet chat went crazy upon seeing that platoon huh? 90% of my games in the B2 had at least one person going "OMG look at that platoon" or "WTF 3 B2?!". (In addition to the usual "how's the KV-220/B2?" that I have to read and ignore in 90% of solo games).

Starting to think the 220 may be the ultimate WN8 padding tank. Its expected damage is 100 below its own HP. Over three games yesterday, one with 2.4k damage dealt and two with around 700, my WN8 was 3846. That is pretty crazy for Tier 5 in a system that is supposed to punish low tier play.
Old 2014-01-23, 09:56   Link #11616
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Has this been posted here yet?

YouTube

Summary: RELIC (and subsidiaries) all get into M60s and sync a random battle. They land a match with 16 M60s all from RELIC and proceed to mess with the pubbies.

It's hilarious.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Isshuukan Friends
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Miss Monochrome: The Animation
The Little Mermaid (1975)
Space Dandy
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 10:35   Link #11617
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I bet chat went crazy upon seeing that platoon huh? 90% of my games in the B2 had at least one person going "OMG look at that platoon" or "WTF 3 B2?!". (In addition to the usual "how's the KV-220/B2?" that I have to read and ignore in 90% of solo games).
Actually there was hardly any chat at all, which was both refreshing and a bad sign. Map was Fisherman's Bay. I was in a T49, which might have had a chance to do damage in the right conditions, but I wouldn't have survived concentrated return fire, because even the 220's crap gun can go through a T49 (along with any other gun in the game). My side didn't have any other heavy-armor vehicles or particularly notable TDs. I went toward the middle of the map; 80% of my team lemminged down the west road.

Of course the 220s went through the city. At that point I said screw it and suicide charged to my death.

Or, I admit that sometimes even I can't be bothered to try.

Last edited by Endless Knackwurst; 2014-01-23 at 11:38.
Old 2014-01-23, 11:38   Link #11618
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Actually there was hardly any chat at all, which was both refreshing and a bad sign. Map was Fisherman's Bay. I was in a T49, which might have had a chance to do damage in the right conditions, but I wouldn't have survived concentrated return fire, because even the 220's crap gun can go through a T49 (along with any other gun in the game). My side didn't have any other heavy-armor vehicles or particularly notable TDs. I went toward the middle of the map; 80% of my team lemminged down the west road.

Of course the 220s went through the city. At that point I said screw it and suicide charged to my death.

Or, I admit that sometimes even I can't be bothered to try.
This happens to me more and more every day. It's at the point now where I can very accurately predict whether my team has a chance or has already lost before a single enemy is even spotted, just based on where people are going. Almost every game is a blowout win or loss, and the rare close games are always due to one person on the bad team having a breakout performance. Simply contributing positively is never enough; it's increasingly feeling like I have to try to outright carry every single game where I'm not lucky enough to be on the blowout team if I want to win, and I'm not good enough to (or am playing a tank that simply can't), so there are times when I also just give up even though I know I shouldn't.

At least the KV-220 is better at carrying than most. Maybe I'll just keep playing that. Though it's still irritating. By the end of that Ace Tanker game I was being bombarded by compliments and thanks for winning the game, and instead of feeling good about those, the only thing I could think was how much I hated the people saying them and wished they would uninstall. This game...
Old 2014-01-23, 11:39   Link #11619
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Ya made me go and use the 220, which I hadn't used for a couple of weeks...

I felt like Ira Gamagoori. I wasn't punished enough. But the T49 here was put into the situation that I would have encountered in the game that I mentioned above.

Images
Only shot 4 times? Come on!

I suppose I could have taken the river road if I wanted to be abused, but the other heavies went that way and west was very light. I only took minor track damage.
Old 2014-01-23, 13:29   Link #11620
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Damn, look at that damage.

Images
FV304 and plenty of free time.

Meanwhile I'm hauling my Soviet Land Whale around...

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks