AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-06, 20:25   Link #12021
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Thanks for the T49 vids, will pay attention to them...

Also holy hell. We're going to be seeing a lot of 2-man Sherman platoons. Derp Shermans for life!

As for the Firefly, I'm now praying that it'll be a Tier 5, instead of a Tier 6...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 21:31   Link #12022
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

One small note regarding a question that arose from this weekend's event: They are not discontinuing the 50% gold sales on things like crew training, but are probably going to space them out a bit more, plugging in the 25% off sales somewhat more often in the meantime.

This will of course make them more money anyway.
Old 2014-03-06, 22:27   Link #12023
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I got the rarest of the rarest medals today in my Panther, yes it is my first and most likely only Kolobanov.

Sadly through the boring capping method rather than killing the last five enemies.
The way I got mine was especially cheap: I was playing defense in an Assault match, and won 1v5 when the timer elapsed.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 22:49   Link #12024
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

I've now had three M8A1 games qualify for Ace Tanker in the last two days. Mixed in with the usual unmitigated disasters, of course.
Old 2014-03-07, 01:40   Link #12025
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

The Firefly being part of the regular British LL line has been known for a while. Which I admit is a tad unusual, since it probably is the most suitable British tank to be a premium with its unique turret (not that I'm complaining).

And Firefly at Tier V would be lolnope OP as fuck. The way I see it, it would at best be Tier VI with slightly worse ROF than the TOG, putting it on par with the VK 3002 M.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 03:43   Link #12026
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
The Firefly being part of the regular British LL line has been known for a while. Which I admit is a tad unusual, since it probably is the most suitable British tank to be a premium with its unique turret (not that I'm complaining).
I know what you mean; I always thought they'd make it a premium like the TOG. Still, not complaining....

...oh who am I kidding, I'll need to grind the fucking Grant/Lee yet again. T__T

Quote:
And Firefly at Tier V would be lolnope OP as fuck. The way I see it, it would at best be Tier VI with slightly worse ROF than the TOG, putting it on par with the VK 3002 M.
True, true.

Having said that, looking at the 17pdr on the TOG, it's not that much different from the 85mm on the KV-1. 170mm pen & 150 damage for the 17pdr, vs 120mm pen and 160 damage for the 85mm... but yeah, that much pen would be lolnope OP at Tier 5. It would be able to pen anyone, and be accurate enough to snipe the AT 2's cupola.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 03:50   Link #12027
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Yes for Firefly, but will it appear as TD? So far, it`s more like a variant(we all know that duh.)

Today I`ve got 4 kills with my Chi-nu Kai. (I forgot to put the screen shot here >< ). Japanese tanks are really support tanks(that`s what the unicums said in the forums)
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 12:31   Link #12028
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I don't think the Firefly will be a TD. It was never used as such IRL, anyway.

In other news, I've been taking the Mark VIC out for regular spins; it's cathartic hearing a machine gun going DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA for a change of pace. And today, I ACE-d it!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 12:52   Link #12029
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

The in-game mission progress tracker is still a bit wonky, but it did at least put a little boxed green "1" next to completions for the Checkpoint mission (having done a full week of completions on Advancing Up The Line now). Three days of premium rewarded.

But it still would be nice to show some status (1/4) on the overall Tetrarch progress.
Old 2014-03-08, 10:01   Link #12030
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

So Sela, a famous NA streamer and member of -G-, just got banned for the use of apparently illegal mods.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Isshuukan Friends
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Miss Monochrome: The Animation
The Little Mermaid (1975)
Space Dandy
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 10:21   Link #12031
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

If you're going to use that stuff, don't stream it to the universe.

Though the map-wide enemy reload timer and broken object marker is pretty blatant cheating.
Old 2014-03-08, 14:47   Link #12032
Newhope

Spoiler for Frist game in a few days.:
Newhope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 15:18   Link #12033
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
So Sela, a famous NA streamer and member of -G-, just got banned for the use of apparently illegal mods.
Makes you question the whole modding phenomenon and how much advantage they give you.

I only ever use mods that change existing aspects provided by the game, like crew voice and garage skin.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 15:28   Link #12034
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

I think some of those mods are just plain cheat-level exploits (Abusing the SPG view code to see every broken item and view angle? Bastards.), but the problem is the gray area between that and mildly-practical items like lines on the minimap. That isn't very clearly-demarcated by WG, they tend to punish people arbitrarily (or if they're blatant enough to stream what they're using to everyone), and it varies from server to server.

There's rumbling now that there will finally be a clear list of banned mods, but I have a feeling that it's going to be either a while in coming or vague.

Meanwhile... I got two more Ace Tanker-qualifying games in the M8A1 in the space of one hour. Overall WR with it is just under 60% in 140 games.
Old 2014-03-08, 16:06   Link #12035
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

And yet, all the cheat-level mods' game-breaking effects are dismissed by the ubiquitous saying "omg you n00b this game can't be hacked ever don't you get it?", both in game and on the forums. It may be true if we restrict the definition to server-side hacking, but unfair advantages can still be obtained. But they are almost always left unquestioned because the belief that the game "can't ever be hacked" is so prevalent that anyone who raises questions of cheating is immediately labeled a "n00b who's just bad dissing the unicooms", making these people inculpable so that they have a much easier time doing what they do.
Old 2014-03-08, 19:38   Link #12036
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well, there's obviously a clear line between mods that add minor utility, and stuff that deliberately skew things in your favor. Fallen tree tracker, gun turret direction indicator, and map-wide reload timer definitely falls under the latter.

WGNA really needs to come out with a definitive list of "illegal mods".

The short term problem I can see this causing is a reactionary "you use mods, you're a cheater!" from tomatoes and potatoes.
Old 2014-03-08, 20:53   Link #12037
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Well, there's obviously a clear line between mods that add minor utility, and stuff that deliberately skew things in your favor. Fallen tree tracker, gun turret direction indicator, and map-wide reload timer definitely falls under the latter.

WGNA really needs to come out with a definitive list of "illegal mods".

The short term problem I can see this causing is a reactionary "you use mods, you're a cheater!" from tomatoes and potatoes.
Meh, I`ve seen much worst in Asia. I`ve performed badly in my reroll..damn I cant believe those who followed me in the push in ruinberg didnt give me enough space to angle the armor properly -.-" What`s with those I suck @ tanking lol? It`s a tier 2 game with my Pz. II - I already making my way to E-50M because of the event discounts there.

Actually there`s a baddie who complain a WR, yep he`s really a baddie because the stats in his profile proved that. Please read this one . In the first page it was all caps and underline(damn my eyes, hurt because of that not until a forum mod fix that).

I`m not even sure why would he even post that if he has no good stats to protect his claim.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 21:22   Link #12038
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It's only a problem if they are right. Otherwise, good players should simply ignore them if it doesn't touch a nerve, like they do(or should do) with anything else said from that camp.

Also, another big mod that people failed to mention as a reaction to this, is the zoom-out mod. The advantage provided by it is enormous compared to the vanilla zoom. But people hardly ever discuss it. Probably because it's too commonly used.
Old 2014-03-08, 22:14   Link #12039
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Also, another big mod that people failed to mention as a reaction to this, is the zoom-out mod. The advantage provided by it is enormous compared to the vanilla zoom. But people hardly ever discuss it. Probably because it's too commonly used.
It provides the same advantage that the minimap indicator that tells you where the enemies' guns are pointing has. Just turn the camera to bird's eye view and zoom out until you can see the enemies behind that hill or building, and you will know when to flank them. Of course, it helps to have a high-res computer monitor.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Isshuukan Friends
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Miss Monochrome: The Animation
The Little Mermaid (1975)
Space Dandy
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 22:56   Link #12040
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

The minimap indicator is a lot easier to use than zooming way out (which is also limited by terrain peculiarities). Though extra zoom is definitely a stealthy way to gain an advantage.

...and I got yet another Ace-Tanker-qualifying game in the M8A1. (It looks like the threshold is almost exactly 1000 XP this week.) Had the most damage on my team and second-most damage overall in a Tier 6 Arctic Region game, and all I did was drive to the middle west sniper hill... That replacement crew has finally gained Sixth Sense.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks