AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-13, 06:44   Link #12721
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Nominal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I'd let Kotori fire my gun if you know what I mean.
I don't know what you mean. Please explain in detail.

Also, I happened to come across this recently. Assuming that is the real box art and nothing changes before release, that looks to be a pretty cheap way to get a PzB2, and you even get a free, probably crappy board game along with it!
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 08:10   Link #12722
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I love the 110 in brawls and it is by far my favorite Tier8 HT. It jsut does everything better than the IS-3 in my book with 139 games and 62% winrate.

I finally got my first Mark for the JPE100 tonight
"Love Live Security"........................where is the nearest recruitment center and how do I sign up for this wonderful organization?

Nothing keeps idols safer than several tons of tank

On topic: I know this is a bit late but when and why was crew EXP adjusted such that the commander caps at 100% and everyone else at 110%?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 08:21   Link #12723
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Lolz, I aced four tanks today and of course I got 2 BIA with my clan. Also I got a new rare tank :P
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 08:22   Link #12724
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
On topic: I know this is a bit late but when and why was crew EXP adjusted such that the commander caps at 100% and everyone else at 110%?
It wasn't... a few patches ago the display was changed so that when you put a crew into a vehicle their skill will show the commander's bonus and any BiA/vents bonus that may also apply to the vehicle. So here there's the 5% extra from BiA for everyone (105% on the commander) and for the rest of the crew the 5% for BiA plus the 11% from the commander's base bonus applied to the rest of the crew (everyone else at 116%).
Old 2014-08-14, 06:34   Link #12725
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

I cannot believe I cant play the Te-Ke properly. Sniping and flanking works on this soon to be rare premium tank.

The only thing I cannot do in that tank is the circle of death which I always do with my LTs and MTs.
Old 2014-08-15, 07:10   Link #12726
LoweGear
Great Commandy One
*Graphic Designer

Because Jingles:

On Exposure: "Skirts are like essays; they should be long enough to cover what's important, but short enough to draw interest."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 08:19   Link #12727
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

How terrible, `nuff said.
Old 2014-08-15, 10:02   Link #12728
Raviel

I have every respect for Jingles and I like the videos he puts up but I can't look at that picture and not imagine things that would very inappropriate to mention here
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 19:25   Link #12729
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
It was the AMX 12t that I absolutely detested for being a horribly slow piece of junk that always saw tier 10 tanks, the latter issue thankfully being fixed recently.
Nope. I just bought the 12t again (took quite some time to save up for it), and it took me all of two matches to regret it. It still sees tier 9 battles. Tier 9 battles as in 'half the tanks are tier 9 and you are the only tier 6'. And when you complain about the matchmaking, you hear 'but you are a scout'. 12t as a scout, my ass.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 20:45   Link #12730
Gravitas Free Zone

Well, that is still an improvement over Tier 10 or higher battles; you get a slightly-higher chance of seeing a battle closer to your own tier, and won't be the token Tier 6 scout riding along with 14 Tier 10s.

...you can be the token Tier 6 scout riding along with 14 Tier 9s.

Meanwhile... this would have been an easy Steel Wall if it hadn't actually occurred during a suicidal scouting attempt.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-08-16 at 00:51. Reason: More stuff.
Gravitas Free Zone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 12:22   Link #12731
Pen3

I got the same damage blocked on my 110 and JPE100 last week on Prokv. I dont know where all baddies come from lately. I can kill a T95 or E3 300 meters away in 2-3 shots from my JPE100 easily. Even my Jagtiger has no problem penning T95 on cupola 75% of the time in long range.

Last night I was helping my friend grind his TigerP on my Jagpanther and won 12/13 games. Got on top 3 xp pretty much every battle and top score on all the Tierx games. Best game was penning the STI 3/3 and end up top xp. Also got my first mark for the JagPanther last nigte.

EL Halluf Replay
Lakeville Replay

More Love Live skin for my tonks
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Pen3; 2014-08-16 at 13:10.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 15:32   Link #12732
Gravitas Free Zone

Yep, that was Prokhorovka, where I decided that it would be better to push the road after several minutes instead of waiting with everyone else to be flanked from the east. It could have worked.

I did get a private channel post-game "Thank you" for giving a tank a push today. People are nice once in a while...
Old 2014-08-18, 10:50   Link #12733
Gravitas Free Zone

Meanwhile, in China...
Old 2014-08-21, 03:51   Link #12734
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Okay, I aced the Te-ke. Anyone here get that?
Old 2014-08-24, 12:28   Link #12735
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
Okay, I aced the Te-ke. Anyone here get that?
I've got a low-level mastery badge on the Te-Ke, but haven't really tried to play it that much. I'm still glad to be mostly clear of the bottom tiers.

I did stuff a crew into the T18 for the... fourth time? now, tried the derp gun again, hated the derp gun again, and returned to the 2-pdr... again. This is for training a replacement crew. It would be easier to gain XP using any of my other TDs, but at the same time I'm trying to maintain the stats on those vehicles, while with the T18 I just don't care.

I'm also causing trouble to my WR by doing a lot of repetitive grinding, but now that I'm trying to really avoid throwing money into free XP conversions, such is life.

Speaking of throwing myself into stupid challenges for... stupidity, I pushed through five torturously-stupid games in the PzV/M10 because I noticed that I was within 0.5% of getting a Mark of Excellence. Did a lot of damage... mostly while being one of anywhere from one to three tanks holding down an entire flank. Left one game with a cheerful "See you in hell, lemming train!" after dying.

And then I noticed that OF COURSE the Warcrime Panther will have the USA-styled barrel mark because its entire camo scheme is US-based, not Wehrmacht.

Images
Here it is anyway.

Also, while I'd unlocked the AMX 13 90 a week ago, I waited until the crew retraining sale to move people into it. First game was a loss, but it did demonstrate the one thing that I really wanted to get from it: The 90mm actually can alpha things to death. The 13 75 has some maneuverability advantages over the 12t, but no major weaponry advantage. The 90 is at least a bit more competitive at its tier.

FTR:
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/08/24/s...aracteristics/
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/08/22/s...t-ru251-stats/

This is gonna get weird.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-08-24 at 12:44.
Gravitas Free Zone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 17:11   Link #12736
Tempester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I approve of those RU251 and M41 stats.

Buffing lights to the point where they are actually a viable class and introducing powerful new lights might just be the spark to save this game. While we're at it, WG should do a global view range nerf excluding lights, and rape the view range of TDs.

It'd be hilarious to see WoT battles with 1/2 light tanks on each team (like we sometimes see 1/2 TD teams now and then), zig-zagging about the map and having insane fast-paced brawls.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Akatsuki no Yona
UN-GO
Yama no Susume: Second Season
Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled from Paradise
Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai
Gungrave
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 17:31   Link #12737
Gravitas Free Zone

It shocks me to say this, but WG's actually somewhat gradual adjustment to the meta so far doesn't feel too bad. There's the case of the significant 8.6 arty change, but on a practical level, having played a lot of arty since then, it doesn't feel like it was totally broken. The recent TD "nerf" barely did anything. (And stupid WTE100 drivers are still stupid.)

A shift toward lights is going to be interesting depending on how it smashes into the current heavy brawling map selection; driving fast doesn't help very much if there isn't a place to drive fast to. It'll definitely further hurt pure sniper TDs.

I'm sliding into a "Don't give a ****" attitude toward grinding out the AMX 50 100. I think subconsciously I know what I need to do to play it better, I just... don't care. My WR in it is truly screwed as a result.

My WR in the T69 is not much better, but I feel like I enjoyed that a lot more. Both vehicles did get ground pretty much from stock, though. The T54E1 started out almost full-up... but even then, I seem to really, really, really enjoy using that, and my WR is much better there.

This might have to do with the 50 100's iffy gun handling first, and its ridiculous length second. I need to play more cautiously; the aim time isn't great, the intershell reload feels/is slow compared to the US autoloaders, and the elevation and depression are blah. I seem to be reacting to this by doing stupid YOLOs... though this weekend my teams seem to want to spend all 15 minutes hiding in the corners anyway.
Old 2014-08-25, 16:41   Link #12738
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Nominal

So, I bought that WoT board game I posted about the other day for the lulz and shockingly it does indeed come with a code for a PzB2. I've never even seen a post about this game anywhere on Wargaming's site. I think there'd be a lot more B2s around if anyone actually knew about it; it's far cheaper than any of the packages they were selling it in over the course of the past year.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 20:55   Link #12739
Gravitas Free Zone

Their lack of advertising for it can't be helping.

Also, it's still almost $30 for a "special" vehicle that is only good as a low-tier amusement and isn't entirely unique anymore (particularly since WG has a habit now of whoring out the "unavailable" vehicles now as monthly event giveaways). This isn't the days of the infamous T-127 gold trade-in deal.

Meanwhile...

Can I be disappointed in a win?
Images
Because lemmings.
The worst part is, if you start north, there's a very high probability that the other team will do this... and people end up camping out in the NW corner anyway, causing nothing to happen for ten minutes.

And... On-Track MM happens for once.
Images
This was a loss.

I went to the bridge with four other tanks; the team's lemming train drove straight into the city and lost four tanks in about 90 seconds.

FTR: 9.3 Murovanka.
Old 2014-08-25, 21:57   Link #12740
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Hey UTE, how are the french autobagettes? I want to grind the french tree in my second acc, since I have spare money and spare garage slots in there.

And also, nice changes to the magic forest on murovanka.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks