AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 59 50.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 29.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-13, 20:25   Link #121
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
-shifty eyes-

Spoiler:
CANNOT UNSEE!! UUUGAH!!! OTZ

ANYWAY, moving onto discussing the episode.

*sighs* Starting the episode with a bathing scene huh...WTF!? Why are there so many bathtubs!? And why is she still clothed?!

Spoiler:

........................................what am I doing here again?

Oh, right, moving on, I seriously did not think that the people from the Magicians' side werent even capable of using a washing machine...though at the same time that makes them (by "them" I am ofcourse referring to the women, I could care less for the guys) incredibly appealing for some reason...

Ooh Misaka imouto aka #10032, why are you so special? LOL. Going for the skirt right off the bat...g'job!! (O_o)?! Did she actually show an emotion from watching Touma eat that helpless little chickling!? (shaped doughnut...or is it "donut"?) And I just loved how she picked a fight with Mikoto by showing off her necklace...wow...

Last Order having another tantrum was adorable this time around as well. The only other character in the series (thus far) that I feel that can match her level of cuteness is Komoe-sensei.

Finally, after watching this episode Accelerator seems more "human" to me. Especially when he was listening to Last Order's phone message...he actually showed real emotion listening to it. )XD
Old 2011-02-13, 20:34   Link #122
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To be fair, Mikoto does have her own childish streaks.

They do sort of... It's like how people used to say- "Because it's the Will of God!"

Now people say- "It's been proven by Science!"

In a way, Science has replaced God as to go to place for answers.

Btw not all magic side people are ignorant to Science, they still have some idea to what's going on around them. Despite Lividia and her lectures, she still flies around in her private jet.
Well, Evangelical preachers like Benny Hinn travel the world in private jets, so yeah they do use Technology as appliances.

In the case of automated washing machines, it was just played for laughs and a bit of lulzy fanservice.

But one thing that really, really pisses me off is that in Index, every student/level esper in Academy City is Japanese.

isn't that kind of unrealistic?

In real life "academic cities" like Oxford, Cambridge, Cairo, Harvard, Boston, Shenzhen and Stanford, you'll have atleast a 20% foreign student population. For a city called "Academy City" with a population of 80% students, there will be lots of foreign students making up 20% of those 80%.

With a city named "Academy City" governments around the world would totally bring their students there, even if they have to be an esper. You'll have level 3 Arab students training to be doctors, level 2 African students training to be businessmen and level 1 European art students hanging around in Tokiwadai in a place like Academy City.

JC Staff really has to show that Academy City is an "Academy City" where there is diversity in culture and foreign presence instead of making every foreigner an egoistic asshole from the Magic side.

Last edited by Taufiq91; 2011-02-13 at 20:53.
Taufiq91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 21:49   Link #123
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
.. This was boring. Nothing really happened, and I really hoped Touma and Accelerator would meet in the end but noo ... Just had to end like that, which means nothing seriously happened in this episode .. at all. Well at least it was everything else except Touma overpowering everyone so all is well.
Old 2011-02-13, 22:40   Link #124
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Another highly enjoyable episode

The bath scene with Laura at the beginning was funny, but why was Laura taking a bath fully clothed? That was really odd

The washing machine scene was seriously funny, with Kanzaki fanservice and nuns in underwear

Spoiler for fanservizio:

With Misaka 10032, we finally got the pantsu shot that we were screwed out of last week
Spoiler for lovely shimapan:

Next up, Touma has to deal with three Mikotos. Come on, practice makes perfect!
Nice to see that Misaka 10032 is more forward there and got Touma to buy her a pendant, and then even grabs her arm. Although I do feel a bit sorry for Mikoto there

Mikoto is not just a little angry about that and even reaches a new record in the boxing game.

Besides that, we got to know more about Accel's background, and got him team up with Index. He wasn't quite up to the task though

From the preview, it looks like there will be a kidnapping next week... let's see how this will turn out.

Last edited by Himeji; 2011-02-13 at 23:44. Reason: Mixed up Misakas
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 22:51   Link #125
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
Well, Evangelical preachers like Benny Hinn travel the world in private jets, so yeah they do use Technology as appliances.

In the case of automated washing machines, it was just played for laughs and a bit of lulzy fanservice.

But one thing that really, really pisses me off is that in Index, every student/level esper in Academy City is Japanese.

isn't that kind of unrealistic?

In real life "academic cities" like Oxford, Cambridge, Cairo, Harvard, Boston, Shenzhen and Stanford, you'll have atleast a 20% foreign student population. For a city called "Academy City" with a population of 80% students, there will be lots of foreign students making up 20% of those 80%.

With a city named "Academy City" governments around the world would totally bring their students there, even if they have to be an esper. You'll have level 3 Arab students training to be doctors, level 2 African students training to be businessmen and level 1 European art students hanging around in Tokiwadai in a place like Academy City.

JC Staff really has to show that Academy City is an "Academy City" where there is diversity in culture and foreign presence instead of making every foreigner an egoistic asshole from the Magic side.
I'm pretty sure Academy City keeps foreigners out so as not to risk their technology being leaked to people outside. They have a pretty strict policy on who can leave and who can enter. If you've seen that one Railgun special where Mikoto suspects there's something weird about AC not letting people go out, you'd see that she actually did raise a valid point before it was laughed off by the rest of the Railgun cast.

Also, to Himeji, I think you're mixing up Last Order with Misaka 10032 there. Last Order is the loli.
Old 2011-02-13, 22:58   Link #126
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post

The bath scene with Laura at the beginning was funny, but why was Laura taking a bath fully clothed? That was really odd
She wasn't taking a bath just yet - according to the novels she was testing out the massage function with her feet before Stiyl barged inside

And on the topic about the foreign students, well there are some (probably not a lot, but at least it's mentioned) foreign students there - Tokiwadai have mentioned they have a few from overseas. And as for the 'superior' aspect, there are exchange programs that allows other countries to send in students (mentioned in the Arts and Sciences City SS) to AC - but I think the plot prefer to look at how Touma (and maybe Accelerator) get into trouble instead.

Last edited by Flere821; 2011-02-13 at 23:08.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 23:07   Link #127
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
I think there's an even higher chance that foreign students wouldn't be espers because once you're in the program, it's very difficult to leave the city to return to your country.

Minor corrections, Tokiwadai students are known to be at least lv 3 and above, it's almost a requirement since they focus on Esper development.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 23:41   Link #128
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Also, to Himeji, I think you're mixing up Last Order with Misaka 10032 there. Last Order is the loli.
Quite possible... hard to tell all these Mikotos from each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
She wasn't taking a bath just yet - according to the novels she was testing out the massage function with her feet before Stiyl barged inside
I see... however, if that massage function involves water in any form, she still shouldn't be fully dressed.
Old 2011-02-13, 23:45   Link #129
Taufiq91

Quote:
I think there's an even higher chance that foreign students wouldn't be espers because once you're in the program, it's very difficult to leave the city to return to your country.
But then again, isn't there a global treaty that neuters and protects foreign espers from harm?

And regardless, in today's world of Wikileaks and Internets, any breakthrough or research in science must be shared with the rest of the world according to Chapter XIV of Multilateral Treaties Deposited with the Secretary-General of the United Nations, unless Japan is not part of the UN or is still in the pre-WWII Showa Period.

Quote:
Minor corrections, Tokiwadai students are known to be at least lv 3 and above, it's almost a requirement since they focus on Esper development.
Okay, i'm talking about that posh European-looking district surround Tokiwadai, not the academy itself which is somewhere between District 7 and District 2.
Old 2011-02-13, 23:46   Link #130
Crown_Clown
Crowned Clown

Quote:

The washing machine scene was seriously funny, with Kanzaki fanservice and nuns in underwear

Spoiler for fanservizio:

With Misaka 10032, we finally got the pantsu shot that we were screwed out of last week
Spoiler for lovely shimapan:

Next up, Touma has to deal with three Mikotos. Come on, practice makes perfect!
Nice to see that Misaka 10032 is more forward there and got Touma to buy her a pendant, and then even grabs her arm. Although I do feel a bit sorry for Mikoto there

Mikoto is not just a little angry about that and even reaches a new record in the boxing game.

Besides that, we got to know more about Accel's background, and got him team up with Index. He wasn't quite up to the task though

From the preview, it looks like there will be a kidnapping next week... let's see how this will turn out.
Gotta say. I am VERY grateful for some of the images you have. Now I just need to find someone who will make an avvie/siggie out of the 10032 panty scene. <.< XP I was very fond with the Imouto's far before 10032 became the "leading" Sister. However, with each appearance of 10032, my fondness just continues to grow. XD
Old 2011-02-14, 00:04   Link #131
Cyz
"Show it to me"

This might be a little late but why does Last Order, when referring to herself in 3rd person, has to say Misaka twice unlike the other Sisters?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 00:11   Link #132
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
But then again, isn't there a global treaty that neuters and protects foreign espers from harm?
There is ?

Well the reason why they don't let the Espers go is because they have been exposed to Academy City's secret technology that creates Espers. Even if the students pinky swear not to tell their government anything. Chances are they might still be kidnapped, probed, and cut up to see what makes them tick.

If not them then some private corporation looking to sell secret technology.

Quote:
And regardless, in today's world of Wikileaks and Internets, any breakthrough or research in science must be shared with the rest of the world according to Chapter XIV of Multilateral Treaties Deposited with the Secretary-General of the United Nations, unless Japan is not part of the UN or is still in the pre-WWII Showa Period.
Oh they do share stuff, you know, once the technology become outdated to them, but still state of the art in the outside world.

To prevent people gathering information using electrical waves, the walls surrounding Academy City will shoot out into the air a strong directional interference wave. Though mobile phones will still work a metre away from the walls, any communications trying to go through the walls will be blocked. Even the radars are setup outside, and for any normal communication will have to be patched through a terminal.
Old 2011-02-14, 00:14   Link #133
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
This might be a little late but why does Last Order, when referring to herself in 3rd person, has to say Misaka twice unlike the other Sisters?
Who knows? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that she has the most personality out of all of them, or maybe it just comes with being the admin of the Misaka Network.

It's still cute either way.
Old 2011-02-14, 00:58   Link #134
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Man these past two episodes have been my favorite of Index ANYTHING (Railgun included). Really really fun and enjoyable.

And Kaori.

Naked.

Wet.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 09:56   Link #135
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Quite possible... hard to tell all these Mikotos from each other

I see... however, if that massage function involves water in any form, she still shouldn't be fully dressed.
just remember LO has the ultimate ahoge

she was "testing" it not really using it and since it's only the feet, she can afford to be fully clothed
Old 2011-02-14, 10:12   Link #136
Dahak86
Classics never age

btw, If she weren't fully-clothed, we wouldn't have been able to see anything because of massive fog/steam all over the place.

besides, wet-clingy clothes is one-of-a-kind fanservice.
Old 2011-02-14, 11:17   Link #137
klare

see- thru clothes fan service eps

will be more interesting if Misaka 10032 REALLY wanted to shoot mini-Misaka with her gun

Accelerator with a dark past and whiny attitude (but good heart) is actually a better char than Touma imo...

looks like the actions will be back in the next eps
Old 2011-02-14, 16:01   Link #138
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I think 10032's gun was nothing more than a marshmallow or potato gun. Nothing lethal or dangerous.

The lead character is rarely the most interesting.

Last edited by Bikerider; 2011-02-14 at 16:29.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 16:15   Link #139
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Her gun had rubber bullets in them, so it wasn't lethal.
Old 2011-02-14, 16:33   Link #140
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Her gun had rubber bullets in them, so it wasn't lethal.
But anybody who's been hit by rubber bullets before can tell you- they hurt like hell.