AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Old 2011-02-16, 00:09   Link #81
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
yu yu hakusho has tournament though,

but ye the concept of the spirit world and the human world and the monster world is kinda thesame with bleach's soul society, human world and hollow world
Yup exactly it is very much like YU YU Haksuho I suspect that were Kubo gets most of his ideas from
Old 2011-02-16, 00:30   Link #82
thakandu
Silver Soul

Ok one of best episode of bleach since ss arc. really enjoyed watching it.

And why is bleach compared to Yu Yu Hakusho
Old 2011-02-16, 00:39   Link #83
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakandu View Post
Ok one of best episode of bleach since ss arc. really enjoyed watching it.

And why is bleach compared to Yu Yu Hakusho
Beyond the concepts of spiritual beings and various spiritual realms, they don't have all that much in common IMO. It started out that way, but it's clear to me now that if Bleach was really all that comparable to YYH, Bleach would be a lot better than it is.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 00:56   Link #84
thakandu
Silver Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Beyond the concepts of spiritual beings and various spiritual realms, they don't have all that much in common IMO. It started out that way, but it's clear to me now that if Bleach was really all that comparable to YYH, Bleach would be a lot better than it is.
So there are no similarity other than spiritual beings and spiritual realms, for that people are callng bleach a total ripoff

btw did u guys check the very end of the episode, where kon fall for a trap set by 12th Division scientist, that was hilarious
Old 2011-02-16, 01:00   Link #85
sayde

Quote:
So there are no similarity other than spiritual beings and spiritual realms, for that people are callng bleach a total ripoff
That's just my opinion anyways. I'm sure there are plenty of others who think otherwise and will argue as such.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 01:25   Link #86
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Great animation (especially Aizen being sealed) and music. Lousy source material.

Ichigo uses his final attack (looked badass), an attack that any competent fighter would save as their ace in the hole, when he is already stronger than Aizen and doesn't need it. And why would the Hougyoku stop accepting Aizen at that point? Aizen had already had his ass kicked and that really wasn't any different from Ichigo slashing him. He easily survives Ichigo's strongest attack and that's when the Hougyoku says that Aizen is unworthy?

Then there is the talk of the King... I really want to know more about it, even as a manga reader... damn Kubo trollin' us with his stupidity. If only Bleach weren't so damn addictive.

Last edited by Squarecrow; 2011-02-16 at 02:14.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 01:38   Link #87
Wakan Tanka

I came up with a speculation....

1- When you use the Final Getsuga => you lose all ur Shinigami powers + Zanpakto

So the this happened to Isshin and his Zanpakto shattered.

2- Ichigo first Zanpakto has a red hilt and Isshin current Zanpakto has a red hilt as well. (Assuming that Isshin first Zanpakto isn't red).

Don't u think that Urahara stabbed Isshin with Ichigo's first Zanpakto so that he got his powers back and explains the similar HILTS........of course, Assuming that Isshin got his powers back after his son trained with Urahara for 10 days
Old 2011-02-16, 01:40   Link #88
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Crow View Post
Ichigo uses his final attack (looked badass), an attack that any competent fighter would save as their ace in the hole, when he is already stronger than Aizen and doesn't need it. And why would the Hougyoku stop accepting Aizen at that point? Aizen had already has his ass kicked and that really wasn't any different from Ichigo slashing him. He easily survives Ichigo's strongest attack and that's when the Hougyoku says that Aizen is unworthy?
i think what happened is the Hogyoku saw Aizen as too scared of Ichigo (being too talkative at the face of uncertainty is a sign of fear ), the Hogyoku maybe is attracted to strong willed characters and Aizen is failing to be one at that point, the Hogyoku already save him from Gin's bankai so maybe the Hogyoku is like a bitch that will get bored if you cannot deliver to be a consistent alpha male

well im just giving reasons to what happened, im not defending Kubo in here, i only giving possible explanations because what's done is done
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 04:39   Link #89
covnam

Anyone else notice the background music during the inner world part of the episode? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the first time that piece of music has had lyrics. It mainly starts around 11:35 when inner Ichigo is crying. Anyone happen to know if that track is on any past OST? If not hopefully it will be on OST 5 (whenever that gets released). It sounds like it would be a pretty haunting, yet enjoyable track.
covnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 05:24   Link #90
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Up to the Soul Soceity arc, and some portion of Soul Society is pretty much an alternate version of YYH with different set of characters. We even had few threads in the forum that did a lot of comparison to show the similarity. It's no wonder Bleach's had its best run in those arc.

Anyway, watched the episode and the animation stood out more than anything in this episode. It was very fluid at times. The crumbling landscape was redone and this time, it looked much better. Not much impressed with the content, however, and starting to understand why some fans are mind boggled by this inconceivable power up by Ichigo. I also admit that I kind of liked the idea it wasn't Ichigo who saved the day. At the same time, it was also made clear much stronger enemies await for Ichigo as soon as it was announced he would lose his power. I was really wondering in the last week's episode if Ichigo would be able to keep his power up and about his status quo among the Gotei 13 from this point on.... So much for that cause Kubo has got other ideas. Ichigo's new found power will be brought back in the appropriate time, and it also calls for another grand entrance like the last episode. Brilliant work by Kubo.

Btw, I was really expecting some mooching when zangetsu-hollow hybrid pretty much professed his eternal affection for Ichigo.
"What I want to protect is not what you want to protect. Ichigo, what I want to protect is you."
As Austin Powers once said, "Ow behave!" I thought those two would surely lip lock. The need for censorship on network channel might have saved us all.. well, most of us anyway.

I guess it was an extra bit of fanservice for the ladies.
Old 2011-02-16, 08:02   Link #91
Langus
Optimus Prime

A lot of people seem really confused by the Zangetsu confession.

Zangetsu IS Ichigo, or at least a part of him. That's why when Ichigo does FGT, he said he becomes Zangetsu.

If Ichigo dies, Zangetsu dies as well. Of course Zangetsu-hollow hybrid would want to protect his own existence. Seems pretty basic to me?
Old 2011-02-16, 08:40   Link #92
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post

Zangetsu IS Ichigo, or at least a part of him. That's why when Ichigo does FGT, he said he becomes Zangetsu.

If Ichigo dies, Zangetsu dies as well. Of course Zangetsu-hollow hybrid would want to protect his own existence. Seems pretty basic to me?
agreed, Zangetsu is part of Ichigo even part of his sub-consciousness so its no wonder Zangetsu wants to protect Ichigo
Old 2011-02-16, 10:12   Link #93
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Good episode - The final form looked pretty damned awesome. So its almost over - a pity really...i wanted Aizen to succeed.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 11:05   Link #94
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post

Makes perfect sense Langus, Ichigo becomes Zangetsu, Ichigo becomes himself.
Old 2011-02-16, 11:05   Link #95
Wakan Tanka

Do you think that the Soul King is a Shinigami or a transcendent being like Aizen/?
Old 2011-02-16, 11:12   Link #96
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

aizen called the soul king "that... thang!" (not accurately)

up until aizen's transformation into lotsaheads, i'd have still considered him a humanoid, and ichigo showed it was possible to attain massive power while still looking like a human who just grew their hair. even most hollows are human shaped. i dread to think what the soul king could possibly be, because to me aizen calling it a "thing" throws all sorts of possibilities in the air...

maybe it's really a long lost cousin of the jagrafess of the holy hadrojassic maxarodenfoe from doctor who...

that thing was in charge of humanity in the year 200,000. and it wasn't exactly kind and benevolent either.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 11:16   Link #97
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

yep Aizen and Urahara referred to the Soul King as thing so i will not be surprise if its not even human like
Old 2011-02-16, 11:31   Link #98
Wakan Tanka

I see, something more powerful and immortal than the Hogyoku itself....
Old 2011-02-16, 11:46   Link #99
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

that reminds me is Hogyoku made by Urahara? if im right its just a discovery so maybe the Hogyoku is a part of the Soul King
Old 2011-02-16, 11:47   Link #100
Fran~
floating away...

I would like to know how accurate the translation for "thing" is... Japanese could be very tricky.

And about the King... if that thing is so powerful, what is the point for the Royal Guards?...

HogyokuS (yes plural, Aizen made one, Urahara another) seems to be artificials. What bothers me, is what i saw in Gin's flashback, some Shinigamis giving Aizen something who looked like a Hogyoku. Besides Gin also said that he will return to Matsumoto what was taken from her... yeah, it could be her virginity or perhaps Matsumoto is not your standard bimbo?.