AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-02-21, 07:11   Link #141
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
While Zangetsu IS Ichigo, I envision him as more a part of Ichigo - like an arm.
^^This. Just replace the concept of him being an arm with being his power. Ichigo won't die without his power, but he'll be severely impeded in his abilities.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 12:21   Link #142
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
^^This. Just replace the concept of him being an arm with being his power. Ichigo won't die without his power, but he'll be severely impeded in his abilities.
or the fact that if a possibility to learn how to use the 'other' arm instead.
Kookee2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 17:38   Link #143
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Sensui was waaaaay smarter than Aizen...Aizen was pretentious because he was an arrogant snob with unquestionable talent, Sensui was pretentious because he had 7 different personalities which he created so that he could train himself to use the holy light...Kubo clearly crafted Aizen's image after Shinobu with the revelation that he wanted to make all 3 realms fairgame since all sides were corrupted, but in Aizen's case it all fizzled out and became a pure "My $hit smells better than yours" - and I look more fabulous than you contest, which was disappointing...Only in the end once sealed by Urahara did we get back to that being the reason Aizen did all this...Kubo failed to clearly indoctrinate this point even if he had stolen the idea...

For the better part of his enhanced state, Aizen was just another screaming monster that quite frankly deserved to have his character completely shattered (He was basically Yammy during this fight )...Sensui arguably surpassed the main character of the series even in defeat...There is no comparison (even if one day there might of been)...Like I said filler arc Bounto master had better reasonings than Aizen, and that's sad...
Actually that is merely true because we don't know much on Aizen. Kubo still for whatever reason keeps Aizen a secret and doesn't even go in dept to his reasoning
(I will be leaving this site soon)
Old 2011-02-21, 23:11   Link #144
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Actually that is merely true because we don't know much on Aizen. Kubo still for whatever reason keeps Aizen a secret and doesn't even go in dept to his reasoning
(I will be leaving this site soon)
What is that a threat?^^

Well to your post, we just watched a full backstory on everything Aizen did with the Vaizard flashback arc...We saw a full, arguably ghey, breakdown of Aizen investigating Ichigo via Dr. Gero TV-insects...And we saw him eat the Ultimate Skittle and transform into everything but Ultra-Magnus...WTH, rather WTF is Kubo waiting for? We should be on to the next boss at this point...Even Orochimaru's been chilling with the maggots and Aizen is STILL the main villain of Bleach (Even sealed)...

300 damn episodes and he still wants to keep Aizen's motivations kinda secret? I call shenanigans on that $hit...Kubo just doesn't know what he's doing anymore...He's all about getting paid at this point obviously and you can tell by Bleach's sheer lack of a plot-to-coherency ratio...This plot isn't that imaginative to begin with, it's just ripping YYH...But even so they could have given the veiwer some semblence of a build up regarding the final fight and how it related to the King's Key crap...
Old 2011-02-22, 00:39   Link #145
sayde

^^lol. You should read the argument I started on another forum if you want to see a more (should I say) "unique" perspective of things.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20001...ction/58078880

Not saying you'll agree with my POV, but nonetheless, I can't say I've ever seen someone view Kubo's work in such a way. Maybe there's more people out there that view Bleach in the same positive light. And maybe that's why Kubo can keep getting away this crap.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 03:07   Link #146
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I'm a little confused Monir, but will plow forward nonetheless.
I'm pretty much arguing that you may not have the complete understanding when you said the Zangetsu confession boils down to self preservation where keeping Ichigo alive was in its best interest.

Quote:
If Ichigo dies, Zangetsu dies as well. Of course Zangetsu-hollow hybrid would want to protect his own existence. Seems pretty basic to me?
What I'm saying is that Zangetsu confession is pretty much Zangetsu's way of saying that he doesn't want to part with Ichigo. As simple as that.

Quote:
Perhaps I was a little too liberal in my use of "death" as a comparison point. If Ichigo dies, Zangetsu dies too - that's a given. However, since we currently don't know one way or another, we have to assume that if Ichigo loses his Shinigami powers, Zangetsu also dies. While Zangetsu IS Ichigo, I envision him as more a part of Ichigo - like an arm. If it gets cut off the owner of the arm (Ichigo) most likely won't die, but he will be severely impeded in his abilities. The arm, however, does die and unless there is a miracle or a very talented doctor on hand they shall never be re-united to work together again. Given that understanding, it's entirely believable that Zangetsu would want to save his own hide. He doesn't want to disappear and he rather likes working with Ichigo because it gives him purpose.

Hopefully that little analogy clears things up
All of my understanding about the Zanpakuto comes from watching the anime, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in the following.

Thus far the series has portrayed Zanpakuto as sentient beings, or as in they are self aware of their own existence and with distinct personalities. The shinigamis need to form a special bond with their zanpakuto in order to express their latent ability which manifest as shikai, bankai, and etc. This type of bond can be compared to the ones between parent and child, best friends, siblings, and etc. The stronger the bond, the powerful these shinigamis are. So I would imagine that losing someone who you have such deep rooted bond will be a hell of a lot different than losing an arm.

The point I'm trying to make is that the Zanpakutos are nothing like a limb. They are much much more. An arm isn't self aware of itself. It doesn't have a personality. Zanpakutos do. The whole point of that scene was to show Zangetsu as sentient being who didn't want that bond with Ichigo to end. It's like the prospect of never be able to see someone you've formed a special bond with. He didn't have self preservation in mind when he told Ichigo the consequence of using final version of Getsuga Tenso.

Btw, we already have an example of someone who lost the shinigami power and was restored later on. Guess who I'm talking about? She made her in appearance in episode 1 and kick started Ichigo's career as shinigami. So I have a feeling Zangetsu will be able to see Ichigo again soon.
Old 2011-02-22, 06:56   Link #147
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So finally caught up until this ep.
Wow , the whole last arc suxx , Aizen vs Ichigod was dissapoint. "Ultimate Gentsuga Tensho" lol
Not surprised for Gin's motive , we already knew it way before.
I guess it won't be the end yet cuz they were talking about "King of Soul"
But well , i'll drop soon , just wait a few more ep for the others characters.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 17:32   Link #148
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

I really liked the way Ichigo's bankai form and his sword looked thought it looked badass. Plus him just pawning Aizen was great and everything Aizen finally got what was coming to him.
Old 2011-02-23, 20:41   Link #149
Guido

What I liked the most for this story-arc's conclusion episode was Zangetsu farewell to Ichigo.

Spoiler:

Ichigo's Mugetsu Mode (merged form with the Final Getsuga Tensho) grants a badass and yet cool, and definitely nostalgic look.

Kubo-sensei being an avid fan of DBZ conceived of Ichigo's final transformation like a juxtaposition to the SSJ mode.

Ichigo's hair grew long, turning into a majestic black-color like that of a black pearl with strong, red-colored eyes.

The best things were that the anime actually visualized all the closing sequence as when Aizen gets swallowed by Mugetsu's pitch-black, and when Aizen finally gets to be sealed by Urahara's hidden Kidou, since I recall that in the manga skips past those two details, if I am correct.

However, the thing is that Ichigo delivered us all our wishes, and later followed by Urahara, that he shut Aizen's mouth at last.

Aizen got what was coming to him, that's all there's to him. Although, I found out a little too convenient for Urahara to have played that trump card kido of his in order to seal Aizen shut. That's because it gives-off the impression that Urahara knew very well or had an inherent cognitive knowledge from the beginning about the Hogyoku imposing a limiter to its master, once it determines or deems its current master not suitable for it any longer.
Guido is online now   Reply With Quote