AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-09, 05:49   Link #1
Tenzen12

Pumpkin Scissors

Quote:
The story is set up in a region of a fictional world strongly resembling Western Europe during the Inter-war period. Wireless communication does not exist nor do fully automatic weapons, and semiautomatic firearms are still technically novel. Alice L. Malvin – The main female protagonist. Second in command and field leader of the Pumpkin Scissors. An inexperienced soldier of noble origin who graduated in the academy just before the ceasefire. Alice's hot-tempered and reckless demeanor tends to sometimes put her and her subordinates in danger. She has a strong sense of duty and justice and tries to live up to her family's military traditions, contrary to her father and sisters' belief that she must assume a more feminine behavior. Randel Oland – A retired soldier who joined the Pumpkin Scissors to aid in their war relief effort. He was part of the secret 901 anti-tank-trooper unit, which basically consisted of foot soldiers trained to take down enemy tanks by themselves. He is trained to ignore pain and fear in order to engage tanks and armored vehicles at point blank range.
Anime was alright, manga in other way is completely different beast and I think it deserve own thread. Especialy as Aizen-sensei picked translation and quite quickly release new chapters every week.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 10:45   Link #2
black_cat1

Yeah, this manga is awesome but is underrated by many, just like Knight Run despite how epic they are just because the art is not good enough =_=
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 11:22   Link #3
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

TÖTEN SIE! TÖTEN SIE!

Nice to see this finally getting a thread. Also, it is me or is the Alice/Randel teasing getting heavier without actually appearing a lot?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 17:27   Link #4
Tenzen12

While that's truth, it also getting more and more burried down with emphasis on Supperrior x Subordinate relationship being paralel to romantic love...
Old 2014-01-11, 23:50   Link #5
AstroNerdBoy

I think I read the first three volumes that Del Rey released, but I hated what they were doing with the manga, so I dropped it. I do want to know the whole story since the anime piqued my interest.
Old 2014-01-12, 05:37   Link #6
Tenzen12

Can I ask what you hated on manga? If nothing else I can tell you whether it improved by time or not.
Old 2014-01-12, 06:29   Link #7
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Can I ask what you hated on manga? If nothing else I can tell you whether it improved by time or not.
I didn't hate the manga per se. I hated that Del Rey was violating their own established translation policies when they published it. It is petty on my part, but for me, it is like going to a burger joint, asking for a cheeseburger, only to be told there's no cheese. At that point, I walk out the door; I don't order the plain hamburger and make do.
Old 2014-01-12, 06:38   Link #8
black_cat1

At the moment, I'm curious about the Invisible Nine, there are a lot of things that still not be revealed about that unit, the scale, what happened to them after the war. We knew that 908 were disbanded after all members died (minus Hans) then what about 901? So far they are the most infamous one among Invisible Nine and we don't know about their fate, only Oland remains.
Old 2014-01-12, 07:03   Link #9
Tenzen12

Wasn't implied all of them are dead? It was pretty much suicidal unit from very begenning...

I am more interested in FTT 906 (Fallschirm Jäger) who didn't make appearence yet. And of course what is that weird parasite from last chapter...
Old 2014-01-12, 07:58   Link #10
black_cat1

I cannot read the raw so dont know about the parasite

Any spoiler about the Silver Wheel, what is their motive and who are the members?