AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-02-17, 18:27   Link #61
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

@Hera: I wouldn't be too worried.

1: He may have been absent minded, or simply expected you to add him. Maybe he thought that since you were the one who asked for his handle, you're the one whose supposed to take the initiative and add him.

2: I wouldn't think too much of this. I don't know about him, but I tend to segregrate most of my circles of friends, and feel no need to mention them to each other. Particularly with girls, if I was trying to get to know a girl, I definitely wouldn't tell most of my friends until she was my girlfriend (and even then, I probably wouldn't go out of my way to bring it up either). Guys don't usually spend much time talking about their relationships, so don't be surprised that his best friend didn't know about you. Besides, you were only communicating with him over facebook, it's not like you were going out with him all the time, or anything like that.

Consider it this way, if he told his friends about you, and you ended out rejecting him, he'd be doubly embarassed, not only would you know about it, but he'd end out having to tell all his friends too. Not something the average guy relishes.

In fact, I have a "best friend" who has had a girlfriend for well over 9 months now, whom I've never even met, and frankly, I'm happy to keep it that way. I can only imagine the eventual meeting being awkward...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 19:58   Link #62
monsta666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
1. We asked each other's IM screen name. He gave me his MSN but didn't add me on there.
2. One day his best friend suddenly asked me, "Who are you?" which took me by surprise. It meant that this guy kept me a secret all this time. When I answered his friend that "I'm so and so's FB friend. I know him from this fan club...", she still thought I was "shady" or something because she started showing the attitude, like, jumped into the middle of my conversation, really annoying.
I think this guy may not be a good friend to keep around Thoughts?
I guess this guy expected you to add him since you got his MSN's name. It was a bit lame of him, and shows a certain passiveness (definitely a lack of initiative) not to do anything once it became apparent you were expecting him to add you.

As for not telling his friends... Many guys feel a certain shame making online friends particularly with women. They feel it makes them a loser to say they met this girl online so that could have been the reason he said nothing to his friend. He was to ashamed to say the truth. I am sure it is not nice for you but speaking from a guy this sort of behaviour is surprisingly common. Just bear in mind that I am taking a wild stab in the dark; I could be completely wrong as I don't know the guy and can only simply guess from the stuff you are telling me.

Last edited by monsta666; 2012-02-17 at 20:31.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 11:21   Link #63
Hera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
He may have been absent minded, or simply expected you to add him.
Noooo, I sent him a buddy request but he never accepted it.
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 12:42   Link #64
monsta666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Noooo, I sent him a buddy request but he never accepted it.
Have you asked him why he didn't add you to his msn list/accepted your buddy request?
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote