AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 04:48   Link #661
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Spoiler for episode 14:
I find her crush cute, but she's in high school, he has a ten years old daughter. So, sorry, but still kinda creepy.

Was I the only one surprised to hear that Sternbild had 22 freaking millions citizens? That's a huge city.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 07:04   Link #662
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
You know, this series would benefit from a split cour, what's with the arc ending last ep and with a timeskip of 10 whole months. Still, not having to wait for more T&B is good, so no complaints here. Also, I'm not usually have a good eye, but even I realized the quality has taken a few hits this episode.

So Kriem is proven to be alive, but is in jail and won't talk. I wonder what did Lunatic did all this time though? Looks like he may have laid low a bit, seeing how heroes have gotten even more popular. Lots of things change in the 10 months, the greatest change is definitely Barnaby's attitude towards Kotetsu though. He's like the classic example of tsundere, completely tsun at first but after some time change into becoming full dere, while Karina on the other hand is the modern tsundere, flipping her tsun and dere switches instantly. Well, after this episode she may become a bit more dere though, too bad she's still firmly daughterzoned...

I can't wait for next episode, Sky High is one of my favorite characters. Although it seems that he may be heartbroken next ep? Well, it seems after all the action they're back to the more everyday life of the heroes. There's the storyline with Kotetsu's change in powers though; is it simply changing (if so, why now?), or something else? I got some venom of Spider-Man vibe from how he says he's getting stronger, or it may be signs that his power is starting to disappear (due to old age or something).
Old 2011-07-03, 07:46   Link #663
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Was I the only one surprised to hear that Sternbild had 22 freaking millions citizens? That's a huge city.
Sternbild seems to be AU Manhattan Island.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 07:52   Link #664
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Sternbild seems to be AU Manhattan Island.
Only with 15 times the population.
Old 2011-07-03, 08:01   Link #665
TrueKnight

Funny and enjoyable ep.

Love how the Sternbild people supporting T&B now. The co-op between Kotetsu and Barnaby is going smoothly, Bunny claiming the MVP and Tiger being 4th in the hero rank, a formidable tag-team indeed. So a year passed since both of them teamed up huh... a good character development they showed us here.

Funny how the stalker was in the room where Karina, Tiger and Bunny and discovered by a banana peel. When the door open and closes on its own their expression was like ‘huh wtf?’, lol.

Next ep is may fave hero Sky-High. I agree he seems heart broken. Maybe the girl he likes is a villain?

What happened to Lunatic? no screentime and seems not as intimitading as in previous eps, which is suck. His dark justice persona is one of the aspect which made this show appealing.

Also does anyone know how old actually is Kotetsu? Specifically?
Old 2011-07-03, 08:28   Link #666
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Episode 14 is good as usual. I enjoyed seeing Tiger's new powers, but I'm also concern over at what kind of toll it's gonna take on his body. It's always a treat whenever they decide to highlight Karina. I found the whole crushing thing fine as it is. You got a new breed of teenagers drooling over Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise so I don't see the problem here.

Plus, if you are a guy in your 30's or whatever, it's definitely a flattering thing for a girl that age to see you in that way. Some women prefer older men and I'm okay with that, if it happened to any of us when we get to that age, we'd feel pretty good about ourselves. It's that triumphant feeling that you know that you still got it. So I don't believe in the "ew" factor. It's more of a feel good type thing for all men in general. However, Tiger needs to wait about 3 more years just to cover his ass, that's if he'll ever consider pursuing that route.

The next preview for episode 15 looks promising. I can't wait to see what's up with Sky High and that blue haired Dorothy.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2011-07-03 at 09:18.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 09:37   Link #667
Funkatron
King of the Castle

Send a message via Skype™ to Funkatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Episode 14 is good as usual. I enjoyed seeing Tiger's new powers, but I'm also concern over at what kind of toll it's gonna take on his body. It's always a treat whenever they decide to highlight Karina. I found the whole crushing thing fine as it is. You got a new breed of teenagers drooling over Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise so I don't see the problem here.

Plus, if you are a guy in your 30's or whatever, it's definitely a flattering thing for a girl that age to see you in that way. Some women prefer older men and I'm okay with that, if it happened to any of us when we get to that age, we'd feel pretty good about ourselves. It's that triumphant feeling that you know that you still got it. So I don't believe in the "ew" factor. It's more of a feel good type thing for all men in general. However, Tiger needs to wait about 3 more years just to cover his ass, that's if he'll ever consider pursuing that route.

The next preview for episode 15 looks promising. I can't wait to see what's up with Sky High and that blue haired Dorothy.
Its only creepy if Tiger responds the way everyone here + Blue Rose wants him to respond. I don't think he'd ever reciprocate romantically.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 09:38   Link #668
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

Yeah me neither, but I wish he'd show some fatherly intuition and realise what she's doing.
Old 2011-07-03, 09:51   Link #669
Sebasu
~

I find the most amusing thing this episode was Barnaby finally getting deredere to Tiger now. I was grinning and laughing at how awkward to watch his personality change.
Old 2011-07-03, 09:58   Link #670
Triple_R
"...Why?!", Sailor Faerie
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Tiger and Bunny has been extremely well-handled the last few weeks.

Given the climatic feel of last week's episode, having a 10 month timeskip and a "fresh start" feeling complete with a new OP was definitely the way to go, yeah.

I really love the new OP, and the new ED is pretty good too.

This episode nicely shows:

1) How much Tiger and Bunny have grown as a team.
2) How much things have totally turned around for Tiger since Episode 1 of this anime.

It's very nice to see a genuinely good guy like Tiger completely turn things around from the very difficult place he was in the first few episodes of this anime.

It was also kind of amusing how Tiger's colleagues have come to respect him so much that they just assumed that his failure to capture the thief in this episode was due to Tiger wanting to help out Rock Bison catch a break.

In so doing, we see how much Barnaby's attitude has changed as well, as Tiger's noble ideals have rubbed off a bit on the young star hero.

As for the Blue Rose crush on Tiger, I find it pretty endearing really, and the episode handled it tastefully and with shrewd development. The romantic feelings are all coming from her, and for that reason, I don't find it creepy. As others have pointed out, it's not uncommon for girls in their mid-to-late teens to crush on guys in their 20s and 30s who happen to be celebrity stars.

Blue Rose sees that Tiger has that going on, but also that he's a very down-to-Earth and considerate guy in spite of it (or perhaps even in part due to it). So her having a crush on him is fairly easy to accept.

That being said, I'm not sure how I'd like Tiger to respond to that. For the time being, I'm Ok with him being clueless about it. Tiger's pretty conventional in some ways, so it's not hard at all for me to believe that the idea of a teenage girl having a crush on him might be unthinkable to him.

This series ended off its first half in spectacular fashion with the grand victory over Jake Martinez, and it has managed to start its second half off with an equally impressive Bang!

A very enjoyable watch, and I look forward to more.
Old 2011-07-03, 10:12   Link #671
TrueKnight

Hmm not to mention Kotetsu’s deceased wife. From the looks of it he seems still thinking about her and wore the wedding ring all the time. His daughter would probably be pissed if daddy start finding another partner neglecting/not honoring the time spent with mommy.

Blue Rose’s crush maybe would only be temporary, a monkey crush and all. She’ll move on and maybe took Kotetsu’s advice to find a boyfriend or two just like girls at her age. She's got the looks. But this probably won’t happen until the end of the series and would make her grow as a character. Hell maybe her and Ivan will be an item..you never know.
Old 2011-07-03, 10:38   Link #672
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Hmm not to mention Kotetsuís deceased wife. From the looks of it he seems still thinking about her and wore the wedding ring all the time. His daughter would probably be pissed if daddy start finding another partner neglecting/not honoring the time spent with mommy.
Not sure. Tiger's daughter doesn't seem unreasonable and it has been a while.

Quote:
Blue Roseís crush maybe would only be temporary, a monkey crush and all. Sheíll move on and maybe took Kotetsuís advice to find a boyfriend or two just like girls at her age. She's got the looks. But this probably wonít happen until the end of the series and would make her grow as a character. Hell maybe her and Ivan will be an item..you never know.
He's the only one close to her age, but she's much too good for him... (Though I suppose he's been getting better.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
As for the Blue Rose crush on Tiger, I find it pretty endearing really, and the episode handled it tastefully and with shrewd development. The romantic feelings are all coming from her, and for that reason, I don't find it creepy. As others have pointed out, it's not uncommon for girls in their mid-to-late teens to crush on guys in their 20s and 30s who happen to be celebrity stars.
Except to her, he's not so much a celebrity star as a colleague. The mechanisms of crushing on someone you can only screech at while in the middle of a crowd of other admirers and someone you see and talk to every day ought to be pretty different.

As I said, her crush is cute. But the idea of him pursuing a relationship? Creepy. Obliviousness is a much safer route for him. And hey, if it works for most harem leads, I'm sure it'll work for him.
Old 2011-07-03, 10:45   Link #673
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

New OP and ED were ok, guess i have to let them grow on me. So a10 month gap before they went on tv just now. Nice to see the partnership is going strong. So Jake's girl got away. At least Karina admitted to herself that she likes Kotetsu finally. That finishing dance move was something else. So Tiger's powers are evolving.
Old 2011-07-03, 10:45   Link #674
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Yes.

Spoiler for Scarf-tan:
One thing I realize Scarf-tan has a camera... So she is a photographer?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 11:31   Link #675
TrueKnight

If there’s a scenario where Karina and Kotetsu’s kid do able to get along then the chances for Karina being a love interest is raised imo. The next obstable would probably for Kotetsu to get over his deceased wife and move on looking a surrogate mother for the daugher, which I highly doubt judging from Kotetsu’s rather faithful and chivalrous personality. That and he also sees Karina nothing but a kid/daughter material.... at the moment. Don’t know about 4 years later where Karina turns out into a hot bombshell and still making advances towards Kotetsu, maybe by then Kotetsu would notice her. Weird scenario yeah, nonetheless it would be interesting if Sunrice decided to cover these into an ep.

Anyone else notices how Llyod’s sudden change of ass attitude against poor Kotetsu back then and now essentially boot licking him? That’s super star/celebrity powah for you. You don’t make me happy then I’ll resign and move into another company. Kotetsu should demand a payroll increase with benefits, education insurance for his kid maybe.
Old 2011-07-03, 11:40   Link #676
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
EP 14 thoughts!

Rock Bison save the day in this week's ep!

That Extra from EP7 (The guy who wore Bunny armor suit) was the stalker in this episode where he sneaked into Blue Rose's makeup Room & stole everything!

And yes, he dressed as Blue Rose was terrible & disturbing to me.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 12:19   Link #677
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I don't see the problem at all with Tiger and Blue Rose relationship. It's not something uncommon at all in anime. And I hope they'll end up together even if right now Kotestu doesn't love her.

Btw, I don't understand why there are not more heroes than that without any sponsor behind them ?
Old 2011-07-03, 12:28   Link #678
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I don't see the problem at all with Tiger and Blue Rose relationship. It's not something uncommon at all in anime. And I hope they'll end up together even if right now Kotestu doesn't love her.

Btw, I don't understand why there are not more heroes than that without any sponsor behind them ?
Agreed 100%. Don't understand why everyone is so squicked. After this 10 month gap, she IS 18. This kind of relationship is so common its not even funny.

I would like to quote myself from a post I wrote on MAL on my stance on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu's reply to someone on MAL
I agree with AstuteOtaku about that line "you boyfriend isn't angry right?". For him to imply that means that he can see how another guy could interpret their relationship as romantic, meaning romance between them is not impossible. I do agree with you Tixy that how far this relationship will go depends entirely on Kotetsu, cause Karina is set. I also think that the gay fire guy will give her advice on how to carry out this situation, cause he's been fleshing her attraction to kotetsu the entire time.

We also have to remember that this is japanese culture, and being young getting into marriage is extremely common. So her young personality wouldn't be that much of a factor considering some girls get married as soon as they graduate high school. One thing that really helps this scenerio is that Karina is no longer confused or misguided about her feelings. She clearly knows what she wants, so that will save a lot of time and confusion in the future.

The most important thing is that her being seen as a close friend GREATLY increases the odds of a possible relationship compared to a daughter. Relationships usually blossom out of close friendships, so it can't be ruled out its not possible if they get close, which I have a feeling they will. I also think they DO match. Kotetsu's wife from what I heard was JUST like Karina, Tsundere, strong minded and wore the pants in the relationship. Karina putting her foot in Kotetsu's ass is what he needs sometimes, cause while he has good intentions at times, he doesn't think about doing things before he does it.

Finally about Kotetsu and his romance life. Lets be honest, its not necessarily that he's not looking, its more so that it hasn't come to him. Before now, his life was basically hell, always struggling to spend time with his daughter, never getting recognition at work, and nothing to really "show-off" towards women. Compare to now, he's doing better at work, I'm sure because of this he's doing financially better, and we've yet to see if his relationship with his daughter improved. But going by these, this presents a new confidence to "test the waters". And if Karina steps to him as a woman and not a young girl, he wouldn't mind going out for a drink with her, and that can evolve into bigger and better things.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 12:49   Link #679
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Agreed 100%. Don't understand why everyone is so squicked. After this 10 month gap, she IS 18. This kind of relationship is so common its not even funny.
I don't know how old she is, but she's still in high school. Thus, squicky. Following the age/2 + 7 rule, in ten years or so, it won't be any more (if he's 32 and she's 18, for example).

And yes, I know that it isn't unheard of in anime for a teacher to fall in love with his elementary school student. Still squicky.

Quote:
Finally about Kotetsu and his romance life. Lets be honest, its not necessarily that he's not looking, its more so that it hasn't come to him. Before now, his life was basically hell, always struggling to spend time with his daughter, never getting recognition at work, and nothing to really "show-off" towards women.
He still doesn't have anything, unless they're in the hero biz, like Agnes or the Girl Power trio...

Quote:
Compare to now, he's doing better at work, I'm sure because of this he's doing financially better, and we've yet to see if his relationship with his daughter improved.
I don't really remember him struggling financially. He was on thin ice and in danger of losing his job, but it's not like said job wasn't paying the bills. (As long as he had it.)

And his problems with his daughter are probably unchanged: he pours his life into his hero job, which makes him too busy to see her, and she doesn't even know what he's doing. He could afford to take days off, but he could do that before - he just wouldn't do it unless ordered to. (And now, Lloyd isn't in position to order him to do anything... )

Quote:
But going by these, this presents a new confidence to "test the waters". And if Karina steps to him as a woman and not a young girl, he wouldn't mind going out for a drink with her, and that can evolve into bigger and better things.
In Japan, she's still too young to drink. In the US too, for that matter. And I think he'd feel less threatened by a young girl than by a woman.
Old 2011-07-03, 13:44   Link #680
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Man this show didn't miss a beat going into the time skip. I thought this was supposed to be a key episode showcasing the sorrow of being a hero, but instead it was a Blue Rose episode about her realizing that she has a crush on Tiger. It also managed to make dancing in anime hilarious instead of groan worthy for me. Tiger doing the robot and trying to master that incredibly homo-erotic pose had me in stitches.

I also find myself starting to "warm" up to Blue Rose. Get it?

I don't see how next week can go wrong with an episode about Sky High either. This show is just so tightly written and is really starting to conjure up feelings of G-Gundam at times. I don't think I've seen this much bromantic teamwork since my rewatch of that show so maybe that's why. I'm really getting a feeling that we're looking at a cast of characters for the ages here. Anyway till next week...can't wait!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere