AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-08, 09:48   Link #1101
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009

Nice legs Bunny-chan... is that Kotetsu with an harmonica?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 11:45   Link #1102
Wakan Tanka

The whole murder is so ridiculous, because if Maverick-san could implant new memories into people's minds (Bleach's vibes, ROFL), it would have been easier if he used this trick on Bunny's parents.
Old 2011-08-08, 11:48   Link #1103
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Maverick can implant memories, but I don't think he can make people un-know something they know. The Brooks were smart people - even if Maverick could implant some kind of fake memory explaining why so many convenient crimes were being solved by the heroes, they would just figure it out all over again.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 12:45   Link #1104
Maverick05

I liked this episode, but honestly we need more heroes popping around!!! I mean, I even didn`t see Origami popping around!!!!

I know build-up is good, but too much build-up is bad. XD

Also, I think they were asking for two new seasons, but just to fill in the 10 month time skip. Not sure if they plan to keep moving foward, unless they aprove a 37-50 episode extention.
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 12:51   Link #1105
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakan Tanka View Post
The whole murder is so ridiculous, because if Maverick-san could implant new memories into people's minds (Bleach's vibes, ROFL), it would have been easier if he used this trick on Bunny's parents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Maverick can implant memories, but I don't think he can make people un-know something they know. The Brooks were smart people - even if Maverick could implant some kind of fake memory explaining why so many convenient crimes were being solved by the heroes, they would just figure it out all over again.
Besides, Maverick said that even a slight contradiction can cause the false memory to crumble. I guess it would've been way too difficult and risky to try to keep tabs on two adults with false memories than a small child who was completely under his control. (And he obviously implanted the memory of Jake in Barnaby later - didn't anyone else think it was weird how suddenly Barnaby "remembered" the murderer afterl ong years of not remembering at all?)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 12:58   Link #1106
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakan Tanka View Post
How? You think BOTH of them are going to just stand there while he he shoves that glowing orb in their faces. Unless he can use that power on multiple people simultaneously, he's going to have to do it on them one at a time. Aside from the issue of not expecting one to stand around while the other is attacked, there's also the issue of the first one having the memory of the second one being attacked.
Finally, Maverick didn't have much time to think about his plan of action, with his evil plans about to be revealed over the phone.
Old 2011-08-08, 13:58   Link #1107
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Great episode as always, but much like last episode the animation quality/consistency was beyond lousy for most of the episode and it's hard not to notice. It has that look of an episode that was farmed out to some second rate studio while Sunrise works on the rest of it's untold number of projects for this year. Hopefully it's back to normal sooner rather than later because I'm not sure how many more episodes I can take of characters being off model and barely moving every other shot.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 14:37   Link #1108
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Besides, Maverick said that even a slight contradiction can cause the false memory to crumble. I guess it would've been way too difficult and risky to try to keep tabs on two adults with false memories than a small child who was completely under his control. (And he obviously implanted the memory of Jake in Barnaby later - didn't anyone else think it was weird how suddenly Barnaby "remembered" the murderer afterl ong years of not remembering at all?)
Not really. Traumatic memories frequently work like that in fiction, and possibly in real life.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 14:58   Link #1109
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not really. Traumatic memories frequently work like that in fiction, and possibly in real life.
So... after 20 years, Barnaby just happens to remember his parents' murderer right when he breaks out of prison and there's a huge opportunity for Hero TV to capitalize on the heroes vs Jake fight and presenting Barnaby as the tragic young hero out to avenge his parents' death (that Maverick made sure everyone knew about).

Originally I chalked it up to the usual convenient coincidence, but knowing what Maverick has been up to all along? There's no way it wasn't set up.
Old 2011-08-08, 15:13   Link #1110
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe. Sounds pretty risky, though. Bunny could easily have died, there. Or the city could have been blown up. Unless you think Jake planned to lose and was just bluffing? (I guess in the original scenario, he'd have escaped to be a recurring villain?) But wouldn't Kriem have sold the beans on that, too?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 15:21   Link #1111
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe. Sounds pretty risky, though. Bunny could easily have died, there. Or the city could have been blown up. Unless you think Jake planned to lose and was just bluffing? (I guess in the original scenario, he'd have escaped to be a recurring villain?) But wouldn't Kriem have sold the beans on that, too?
My theory is that Maverick either underestimated Jake or overestimated the heroes. He pulled some strings to make Jake's escape possible (just where did Kriem & whatshisface get the mechas, anyway? re: what Bunny's father said in the latest ep about them not developing a new technology for villains to use and Maverick admitting that he had been supplying criminals with weapons), then waited for the heroes to make a big show and defeat the evil terrorists. But Jake had his own agenda and the events spiraled out of control.

Of course they can still subvert it with Maverick going "Jake? Nah, I had nothing to do with him, but it was sure a nice opportunity, don't you think?" But I think that's not very likely...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2011-08-08 at 15:33.
Old 2011-08-08, 16:45   Link #1112
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
NOOOO! It even comes with ABS ^^ probably made from abs..

I got the impression that Maverick has more tricks behind his sleeves. Other than that, I don't think they actually shown or mentioned when Barnaby developed his powers, besides at the moment most of his memories seems to be all altered by Big M.
Barnaby did mentioned that he got his power when he was little, and he was a handful for his mother to handle in an earlier episode.
Old 2011-08-08, 19:56   Link #1113
Kanderous

Spoiler for Might be NSFW:
Kanderous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 21:39   Link #1114
Funkatron
Nyow I get it

Send a message via AIM to Funkatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanderous View Post
Spoiler for Might be NSFW:
Picture fail
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 22:14   Link #1115
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
So... after 20 years, Barnaby just happens to remember his parents' murderer right when he breaks out of prison and there's a huge opportunity for Hero TV to capitalize on the heroes vs Jake fight and presenting Barnaby as the tragic young hero out to avenge his parents' death (that Maverick made sure everyone knew about).

Originally I chalked it up to the usual convenient coincidence, but knowing what Maverick has been up to all along? There's no way it wasn't set up.
Barnaby put the face on the culprit after seeing Jake's picture, so that's what jogged the 'memory.' As for the rest, though, after just rewatching everything now knowing what Maverick is, it does seem like he knew an awful lot during that incident with Jake escaping. So I really wouldn't be surprised if he WAS behind it...

Gotta say, it's nice to know that a character was a mastermind behind it, and that it wasn't just a convenient set of coincidences for an interesting story. ^^
Old 2011-08-09, 09:23   Link #1116
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Found this amusing bit on ANN this morning.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 02:12   Link #1117
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Second Season in the works!

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3297.html

I don't know but it says that the season is being "planned", and that they're having a live event or something on September 17th, which is when the finale of this season will begin. There's a couple of notes in there about revenue, which suggests Sunrise is talking to shareholders to see if they're willing to shell out more cash for this. The season is not actually confirmed yet...but it's looking super super likely.

Anyway I wonder will they have their own OVA which it's focused on the mutual characters instead like Fire Emblem, Blue Rose, Origami Cyclone & so on?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-08-10 at 02:37.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 02:39   Link #1118
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Called that one, big-time. Wouldn't mind seeing something official in an English-language site before I say it's definite, but it absolutely makes sense.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 02:43   Link #1119
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Unless I'm reading that wrongly, the announcement doesn't say it's absolute but it's definitely close to happening. Of course, considering it's popularity and their chance to milk fujoshi dry it's more than likely to happen.
Old 2011-08-10, 04:11   Link #1120
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

It'll be great if the second season will be some sort of spin-off of other Heroes

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere