AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-25, 10:49   Link #1321
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Remember, all the mess that's currently going on happened after Maverick brought everyone involved in Hero TV (sans Kotetsu) for an important meeting and offered them a drink. If someone mentions that once they regain their memories of the real Wild Tiger, and Kotetsu mentions a similar thing happening before said meeting (with him mentioning that Maverick offered him a drink as well, but he left before he got a chance to drink it), that's going to be the clue that suggests that Maverick must have "slipped them a mickey", a good sign that he's knows something that he doesn't want the heroes to know about.
How do they know Mr. Maverick wasn't also drugged along with them? After all, he was there with them... and if he could spike the drinks and have someone wipe their memories, anyone there could have done the same. It could have been Doc Saito (you know, the guy who makes the suites, the sleeping chambers, and who no one has ever suspected of being a NEXT). It could have been Agnes (you know, Maverick's right-hand woman with access to him in advance, a person whose job has every incentive to do just what Maverick is doing). It could have been the camera man (could get access to Maverick, and who would suspect him). Basically, anyone at that party who could get access to Maverick alone or with others could have been responsible for this series of events.

And if Mr. Maverick has already been brainwashed ahead of time by Ouroborous, how does what you say disprove that Maverick wasn't a victim earlier? O-snake-thingie brainwashes Maverick, puts a memory in his head to invite everyone together for a great idea he had, O-snake-thingie spikes everyone's drinks...
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 10:55   Link #1322
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Your answer is in my previous posts, not in the mood for restating anything.

Suffice to say, if the heroes are smart enough and they put the pieces together, he should be their prime suspect.
You're a few corners short of a four-piece jigsaw here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
It depends on what will happen after Maverick's power on everyone wear off.

If it conveniently erases every false information and restore the real memory then Maverick is doomed, hand down, because Barnaby will remember that he killed his parents.

However, if it left a mess of contradicting information (which is Barnaby's state a few eps ago), then while you can tell something is wrong, you can't pinpoint what the truth is either. How can you know what you remember is true? The meeting may have never happened in the first place. Maverick may have never offered anyone a drink. In this case, Maverick will easily slip out. He doesn't have to tell a story, just simply babbles a bunch of nonsense and no one can blame him because there is also a lot of nonsense in their heads as well.
Exactly this.

(And god, I need to start getting used to multi-quote again.)

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-08-25 at 11:57. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double posting...
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 12:47   Link #1323
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Yes it does: saying on TV later that Barnaby had been with him at the time is exactly the sort of thing memory alteration can explain.


At time X, Maverick says Barnaby isn't with him to Tiger.


At time X + Y, Barnaby is brought to Maverick's house, Maverick's mind is altered just like the rest of the Heroes. Part of this mind-alteration includes memories that Barnaby has always been at his house.

At time X + Y + Z, Maverick goes on public TV saying Barnaby was with him since Time X. This arouses Tiger's suspicion, since at time X Maverick said otherwise, but Tiger can't disprove Maverick wasn't also memory-altered at period X + Y.

Now, in reality, we know that Bunny WAS with Maverick at time X. But what evidence does Tiger or anyone have of it? Mr. Maverick's memory... which is exactly the falible thing we need to prove isn't meddled.
Nope, that doesn't explain the phone call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Of course he can provide a mastermind. He can provide an entire criminal/terrorist network to provide a mastermind. He doesn't need to say 'I was done in by brainwashing': he can manufacture evidence so everyone else figures out that he's a victim.

Tiger's suspicions are nothing that can't be explained by what happened to all of the other Heroes. If they aren't suspects for their discrepancy, why should Maverick be a suspect to the Heroes as opposed to, well, any of the other mind-wiped people?
I told you, just providing an organization wouldn't work to eliminate suspicions. He would need a substantial target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
You're a few corners short of a four-piece jigsaw here.
Well lets see here; Lie, Lunatic, Barnaby. Oh my you're so correct, I only have 3 pieces, GASP! Question for you, if you don't think that the heroes would even be suspicious of Maverick, why are you defending his concocting of a story? Surely, if they wouldn't even be suspicious of him, he could just continue on his merry villainous life without having to make up some convoluted story.

Anyway I'm just repeating myself here, so I'm done, it was fun. Funny thing is, as I said in the beginning, I don't doubt the possibility of what you say happening, its certainly possible for the anime to go in that direction. We'll see.
__________________
So people understand that I do not take these discussions seriously, its all good fun.

Last edited by saravis; 2011-08-25 at 13:00.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 13:08   Link #1324
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Unless we're dealing with a NEXT that can quantum leap, Maverick is as guilty as pie.
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 15:01   Link #1325
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Nope, that doesn't explain the phone call.
Maverick's memory being played like a fiddle at multiple points as an Oroborous plot would explain why he can give one explanation to Tiger in private and then another explanation some time later in public.

...

Actually, let's backtrack. Tell me why the phone call CAN'T be explained by an innocent!Maverick being targeted at some point by a mind-wiper as part of an Orobouros plot?


Quote:
I told you, just providing an organization wouldn't work to eliminate suspicions. He would need a substantial target.
Provided by that organization. It can almost certainly* find a memory-racing NEXT who can show up to take the blame, and if it can manufacture evidence to tie Tiger to the murder of a woman who was miles away from him it can create evidence to blame that person.

*By the power of potential plot. We know powers aren't unique, and are help by multiple people.
Quote:
Well lets see here; Lie, Lunatic, Barnaby. Oh my you're so correct, I only have 3 pieces, GASP!
Less then that, since none of them prove the things you think they do.

The lie can be explained by Maverick being a victim: if he's been brainwashed between the phone call and the TV appearance (like all the Heroes were), of course the stories wouldn't add up. Lunatic doesn't have any clues WHO the perpetrator is only that there is one somewhere and so as long as someone comes forward (such as, say, Orobouros) and Tiger is cleared, that's the extent of what he adds. And Barnaby's so messed up he doesn't know what the truth is in his mind unless someone shows proof, of which there is now none because Samantha is dead and the picture burned: Barnaby's not going to be a witness capable of going 'Maverick said this.'

None of your three pieces point to Maverick as the perpetrator.

Quote:
Question for you, if you don't think that the heroes would even be suspicious of Maverick, why are you defending his concocting of a story?
Because your making a silly argument about how it can't be done, and you're relying on meta-knowledge to do so without changing your perspective.
Quote:
Surely, if they wouldn't even be suspicious of him, he could just continue on his merry villainous life without having to make up some convoluted story.
Until something comes up to prove that he's the one brainwashing people, that's exactly what would happen. Maverick isn't out for merry villainy, he's for an exciting drama for HeroTV (which is exactly what this is).

Fortunately, we do have our person who has the potential proof that Maverick is responsible for memory wiping: Kaede, by virtue of the fact she copied his powers.

Quote:
Anyway I'm just repeating myself here, so I'm done, it was fun. Funny thing is, as I said in the beginning, I don't doubt the possibility of what you say happening, its certainly possible for the anime to go in that direction. We'll see.
We won't, actually, because the show's made clear it's not really going that direction.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 16:30   Link #1326
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom.
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
whoever made this has my thanks:
Does anyone mind doing a slow - motion of this GIF? It would be more epic I believe. Currently it's too fast.
__________________
Get going... Badass will cover you!

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 16:46   Link #1327
TnAdct1
Honya-kun
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Clinton, Maryland
Am I the only one who's about to "lose it" when it comes to the whole "Maverick's alibi" discussion thing (i.e. even if I've gotten involved in it, am to feel as if it's becoming a "flame war")?
__________________

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-08-25 at 17:13.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 18:06   Link #1328
GermaphobicBear
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sternbild. :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Does anyone mind doing a slow - motion of this GIF? It would be more epic I believe. Currently it's too fast.
Spoiler for slower animation:
Is this good? x)
GermaphobicBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 20:02   Link #1329
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 22
Guys, guys...According to the 4th T&B Drama CD and /a/nons....

Spoiler for newfound information regarding Ivan/origami cyclone:


Opinions? Anyone? Anybody even care? xD;;
.x.crii.x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 20:34   Link #1330
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Guys, guys...According to the 4th T&B Drama CD and /a/nons....

Spoiler for newfound information regarding Ivan/origami cyclone:


Opinions? Anyone? Anybody even care? xD;;
how did this even happen, no signs whatsoever.
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 20:36   Link #1331
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 22
Oh I dunno. He was quite "Chummy" with Edward. xD;;
.x.crii.x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 20:40   Link #1332
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Oh I dunno. He was quite "Chummy" with Edward. xD;;
I assumed that was my Yaoi goggles acting up.
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 20:42   Link #1333
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 22
Now Sky High x Ivan shippers are gonna go insane. Specially since the 4th drama CD is between them two. I've never been much of an KeithxIvan shipper but alas. KotetsuxBarnaby is more my cup of tea. xD;;

Anyway, Sunrise is the god of "yaoi/slash" so I guess it really shouldn't come off as much of a surprise?
.x.crii.x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 20:44   Link #1334
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Guys, guys...According to the 4th T&B Drama CD and /a/nons....

Spoiler for newfound information regarding Ivan/origami cyclone:


Opinions? Anyone? Anybody even care? xD;;
Oh damnit, I can't stop laughing l hope all the IvanXPaolin fan will not commit suicide

Well, I will wait for futher confirmation.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 20:44   Link #1335
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Now Sky High x Ivan shippers are gonna go insane. Specially since the 4th drama CD is between them two. I've never been much of an KeithxIvan shipper but alas. KotetsuxBarnaby is more my cup of tea. xD;;

Anyway, Sunrise is the god of "yaoi/slash" so I guess it really shouldn't come off as much of a surprise?
I've been avoiding Gundam like the plague so i'm not really sure of Sunrise's personalty.
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 20:46   Link #1336
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Guys, guys...According to the 4th T&B Drama CD and /a/nons....

Spoiler for newfound information regarding Ivan/origami cyclone:


Opinions? Anyone? Anybody even care? xD;;
Wow, guess that fanfiction I read was right. XD
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 20:51   Link #1337
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Well at least we know that Kotetsu is not gay
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 21:09   Link #1338
TnAdct1
Honya-kun
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Clinton, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Well at least we know that Kotetsu is not gay
Definitely not gay. Bisexual on the other hand...
__________________
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 21:44   Link #1339
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Bah, I think the Bunny in the Car is fake and Bunny is in the black suit to mimic Tiger's powers
__________________
My Favorite Anime Quotes Courtesy of Answerman of ANN:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 22:25   Link #1340
Jeffry2009
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
The influences of Tiger & Bunny:-

Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.