AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2011-02-27, 14:13   Link #1
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Using gallery images as avatars

I have a variety of avatars in my gallery and intended to make one of them my current avatar. I right-clicked on the picture in the gallery using Firefox and copied the URL, but the Edit Avatar page returns "invalid File" when I try to make that image my avatar. I know the image fits the avatar requirements because I've used it in the past.

Is this a vBulletin limitation, a forum policy, or a glitch of some kind?

Edit: Just to check, I copied the URL from the gallery listing; that didn't work either. (I'm pretty sure it's the same URL I get from right-clicking the image and copying the URL that way.)
Old 2011-02-27, 15:36   Link #2
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
The answer is pretty obvious. Look at the image url below

http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=31319

Do you see an extension in the end ? Nope. I'm guessing it says Invalid File because the url doesn't look like it's pointing to an actual file. With that said, I've no idea why the url of the file doesn't have an extension at the end but does it really matter ? Just save the avatar to your desktop, upload it from there and then delete it afterwards. Hardly takes much effort.

Edit : Tested it out. If you manually add .jpg or .gif to the end of the link you get from the gallery, it will work.
Old 2011-02-27, 19:09   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Thanks. I can be blind to the most obvious things sometimes.

I found another method for Firefox; might work elsewhere. If you right-click the image and View it, you'll get a URL in the address bar with the proper extension, but with a random query string like "?dl=123456789" appended to it. Removing that string enables vBulletin to upload it.

Tags