AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-04, 17:14   Link #61
Finestela

But it's a legend, and the only way that could confirm is through a crystal ball (in proximity) or the birthmark. You can't just make random guesses and then decide to spend a few years looking for a solution. He might as well break Emma free as soon as he's strong enough.

I'm not saying the love at first sight is a lie, but I'm saying that they must've spent a lot more time than just the bread incident, and there were other things that happened which gives Shion enough clues to know/find out that Emma = Echidna.

For instance, if you see a girl locked up somewhere deep in the woods, it's impossible to come to the conclusion of "the girl is the anti-Christ" if the only interaction you had was a loaf of bread, no matter how hard you research.
Finestela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 18:03   Link #62
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finestela View Post
But it's a legend, and the only way that could confirm is through a crystal ball (in proximity) or the birthmark. You can't just make random guesses and then decide to spend a few years looking for a solution. He might as well break Emma free as soon as he's strong enough.

I'm not saying the love at first sight is a lie, but I'm saying that they must've spent a lot more time than just the bread incident, and there were other things that happened which gives Shion enough clues to know/find out that Emma = Echidna.

For instance, if you see a girl locked up somewhere deep in the woods, it's impossible to come to the conclusion of "the girl is the anti-Christ" if the only interaction you had was a loaf of bread, no matter how hard you research.
If I was going to rescue my first crush which happens to be someone I don't know much from some magical prison, then I would definitely investigate to figure out why she is trapped. If Shion did this and found out about Echidna, should he have freed her right away, would he have been able to protect her then? It sounds like he spent the entire time between meeting her and the present researching about how to seal Echidna and becoming a badass mage to make it happen.
Old 2011-04-04, 20:02   Link #63
Finestela

Which brings back to my point: You can't, not by just that loaf of bread incident.
Old 2011-04-04, 20:31   Link #64
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I don't see what the deal is here. That old lady in the first chapter was able to tell almost immediately that she was Echidna, and she had just met Emma that day. True, it was oozing out of her, but still...

That place she was trapped could have a special significance, or that magic plant thing, or maybe Shion found clues to Emma's heritage or to the person who put her there and thus reached the conclusion... I don't know, it just don't see the plothole.
Old 2011-04-07, 12:21   Link #65
Finestela

It's a shame that we don't have people posting spoiler pics yet... but at least we have a steady text spoiler

Chapter 6 Spoiler

Spoiler:

While I'm not a huge fan of dragging something out (something the big three all seem to enjoy doing), Magico is moving A LOT faster than other series out there. I just hope the author knows what he's doing, and this tactic pays off in the end :/
Old 2011-04-07, 19:42   Link #66
outerelf

Quote:
While I'm not a huge fan of dragging something out (something the big three all seem to enjoy doing), Magico is moving A LOT faster than other series out there. I just hope the author knows what he's doing, and this tactic pays off in the end :/
I think that the author is being smart.

He has no big fanbase right now, he has nothing to his name- It's pretty much darn inevitable that his manga is going to be cut short. If he's lucky, he might be moved to bi-monthly instead of being completely cut off.

And while some authors can continue publishing volumes after that using a publishing company, I don't think many publishing company's will go out on a limb like that for a guy's first story attempt.

That being said, I sincerely hope that he continues on drawing for a long time.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 08:37   Link #67
Finestela

Chapter 6 by MRI has been released
The name of the little girl has been finalized as "Luu", since she reminds us so much about another certain WSJ character... (lol)
Old 2011-04-09, 09:49   Link #68
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I love the loli already, hope she becomes a regular.
Old 2011-04-09, 12:09   Link #69
ShiroiRyu

Look like she will be a regular and liked it !
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 13:13   Link #70
Finestela

Here's new spoiler to easy your crave :P

Ch.7 Spoiler

Spoiler:

-----

And Ch. 7 Scanlation by MRI

Color Page for next chapter! w00t

Last edited by Finestela; 2011-04-16 at 06:08.
Old 2011-04-16, 07:53   Link #71
ShiroiRyu

We saw a futur rival in the scanlation of 7 !
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 15:49   Link #72
Finestela

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
We saw a futur rival in the scanlation of 7 !
They probably knew one another.

It's a bit surprising that he knows about Magico as well. Originally, I think Magico was this experimental ritual that was never used before, and only a few knew/cared about it :P
Old 2011-04-18, 19:16   Link #73
Xacual
The color of a Hero

I'm sure Magico is actually well known among the big name wizards since it is the only ritual to seal Echidna, though I'd assume many wouldn't use it since they'd rather kill the Echidna and steal the power for themselves. Of course just because it is known doesn't mean that many wizards went to the effort Shion did to prepare for and learn the steps.
Old 2011-04-20, 14:28   Link #74
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Is it? The heroes are still assembling their party. The ritual can be as long as the author wants, so their degree of completion's unknown.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 15:03   Link #75
wigglypuff
Banned

i like the story...
it's sweet...but i think it's going too fast...
wigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 15:12   Link #76
tsunade666

I think it's not that fast in story telling. It's just kinda new to the daily or common stuff in manga which is popular. This one might be fast but not really in terms of the ritual. It is big and when fantasy magic is involved. It can be stretch more.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 05:26   Link #77
Finestela

Let me rephrase my comments about it moving too fast:

When compared to other adventure series, the development is a lot faster than most. Especially considering the fact that Shion might be about to go against Zodia, and it's roughly just in the middle of Vol.2.

Ch.8 should be here in a few hours. Until then... :P
Old 2011-04-23, 05:35   Link #78
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Well even if he does go against Zodia, they are both part of the three great wizards of the west which implies that there are a number of great wizards in the other cardinal directions too.
Old 2011-04-23, 08:30   Link #79
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Let me rephrase my comments about it moving too fast:

When compared to other adventure series, the development is a lot faster than most. Especially considering the fact that Shion might be about to go against Zodia, and it's roughly just in the middle of Vol.2.

Ch.8 should be here in a few hours. Until then... :P
Well, to be fair it's a new manga running on Jump manga. Probably he's rushing it a bit in order to get to the good stuff faster and doesn't have to spend time in the more boring set-up chapter, so that his manga will stay popular and doesn't end up getting the axe too early. Even without that, I'm sure after a few chapters and everything is established there'll be a bit more breathing room and it will go at a more leisurely pace.
Old 2011-04-23, 08:57   Link #80
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Well, to be fair it's a new manga running on Jump manga. Probably he's rushing it a bit in order to get to the good stuff faster and doesn't have to spend time in the more boring set-up chapter, so that his manga will stay popular and doesn't end up getting the axe too early. Even without that, I'm sure after a few chapters and everything is established there'll be a bit more breathing room and it will go at a more leisurely pace.
I think itís part of the style. Things donít seem rushed to me, they just seem fast paced. I like it so far.