AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 36 30.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 7.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.68%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-06, 07:51   Link #161
eiyuu99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Once Charlotte paints her IS red (and label it Char-custom), it'll be "3 times more potent".
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 08:00   Link #162
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Roy View Post
True. It felt like a filler. But the bonding time they had together was entertaining XD
You mean them playing volleyball.... :P lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Once Charlotte paints her IS red (and label it Char-custom), it'll be "3 times more potent".
I see what you did there. But if Char had the Char-custom would Laura have the Nu-custom? *shot*
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 08:58   Link #163
KyriaL
You are Reading this!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the study room
seems like the 'visit to the beach' episode where most harem series include have finally arrived. Anyway, i personally dislike the change of personality of Laura, seems too drastic a turn
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 13:06   Link #164
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
seems like the 'visit to the beach' episode where most harem series include have finally arrived. Anyway, i personally dislike the change of personality of Laura, seems too drastic a turn
I sort of agree, but you should have seen that coming from a mile away, it was obvious that they were setting her up for a 180. I have to say that I didn't really find the comedy scenes involving her to be very funny at all, though. A commander who likes anime and a socially clueless trained soldier whose ignorance is supposed to evoke affection. Very pedestrian and unoriginal if you ask me.

Buuuuuut, let's not dwell on the negative.

Filler is really not a problem for this series, as there's hardly any plot progression anyway. It's all about the characters. I got to see Charlotte in a bikini, and as usual, every second of her on screen was just heart-melting. Every other character is being shoved off to the side to make room for her, but that's just the way I like it. For once my favorite girl is getting all the attention; I couldn't be happier.

Next episode looks sort of fun, but honestly, no new character can topple Charlotte at this point.
__________________
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 14:46   Link #165
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I sort of agree, but you should have seen that coming from a mile away, it was obvious that they were setting her up for a 180.
Not really. She could have worked quite well as a hardass determined to make Ichika her bitch. She showed such promise, too...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 15:33   Link #166
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
But I don't think that has as much appeal. Showing the soft side of someone who's tough on the outside is very typical of harem/moe. It happened a bit too quickly as well, but that's what you get with 12-episode series.

Saying it was obvious might be a bit much, but I felt like I knew that was going to happen from the moment she was introduced. I do agree though, I very much would have liked her to stick with her initial attitude and give him a hard time, and I'm not just saying that because I dislike Ichika.
__________________
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 16:00   Link #167
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
But I don't think that has as much appeal. Showing the soft side of someone who's tough on the outside is very typical of harem/moe. It happened a bit too quickly as well, but that's what you get with 12-episode series.
They've got Houki, Cecilia, and Rin for that. Charlotte is soft outside and inside. Why couldn't they have one that tough within and without?

Quote:
Saying it was obvious might be a bit much, but I felt like I knew that was going to happen from the moment she was introduced.
It's true that three out of four were already like that...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 16:10   Link #168
Haak
CAKE!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Charlotte is soft outside and inside
No, Charlotte is soft on the outside and pure deviant on the inside. Hence why she wanted to Ichika to feed her with chopsticks, went into the same bath as him, asked him to get changed in the same room as her and forced him into her changing room.

Don't let her looks decieve you. Behind that adorable face is a mastermind plotter.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 16:18   Link #169
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They've got Houki, Cecilia, and Rin for that. Charlotte is soft outside and inside. Why couldn't they have one that tough within and without?
That'd be cool. But it just didn't seem likely with the flow of things. Her introduction where she said something like "I'll never accept you as her brother!" just screamed "I'm a tsundere" to me.
__________________
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 16:20   Link #170
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah, but she doesn't beat him blue and black when no one's looking. So, soft.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 17:52   Link #171
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No, Charlotte is soft on the outside and pure deviant on the inside. Hence why she wanted to Ichika to feed her with chopsticks, went into the same bath as him, asked him to get changed in the same room as her and forced him into her changing room.

Don't let her looks decieve you. Behind that adorable face is a mastermind plotter.
Ehh, I won't really call her as much as a mastermind, she's just doing whatever she can in order to penetrate the ultimate denseness that is Ichika. Only reason she seems like a mastermind is because everyone else are dumb as a brick, especially Ichika.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 13:50   Link #172
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
If this were the first (or an early) rendition of the 'choose the girl'/harem concept I'd ever seen -- I'd say the series isn't doing too badly. Since its the umpteenth one I've seen, there's not really anything vastly standing out for me. Romance comedies or dramedies always have *some* level of brickheadedness or "dumb as road gravel" people.... so the only nit I'll pick is that there's too much of it and I'm tired of the concept. There's a difference between clever witty misunderstandings and just plutonium-dense thickness.

So... I'm watching it, but only if I've got an extra 30 minutes that I want to be distracted.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 15:42   Link #173
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I really wish there was a filler episode that focused on some of the side characters that we see Ichika interact with but have no idea who they really are. A lot of the side characters seem way more interesting.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 18:33   Link #174
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I really wish there was a filler episode that focused on some of the side characters that we see Ichika interact with but have no idea who they really are. A lot of the side characters seem way more interesting.
That would be a good thing to see, but they either seem to be going back to the harem fanservice, or back to the mech action we saw in episode 1. If they plan out a season 2 then that might be possible though highly doubt it since they try to work on a plot.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 21:20   Link #175
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where you live... the question is, do you see me?
Age: 20
The final plot-relevant conversation between Chifuyu and Houki was incomprehensible. My brain was melted from all the jiggle. I think it went something like this:

Chifuyu: You know, the viewers are looking for you. They can't wait to draw extra gratuitous fanart of you in your swimsuit.
Houki: I'm not like your other students. I actually have dignity in this harem slave world.
Chifuyu: Yes, standing on this cliff overlooking the beach makes you look very cool.
Houki: Do you like how my long hair blows in the wind? I've been watching a lot of Inuyasha lately... Sesshomaru is so hot when he does this.
Chifuyu: That only works for boys. The animators sent me here to get the obligatory camera full body shot.
Houki: Is there no hope for decency in this anime?!
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 21:29   Link #176
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
The final plot-relevant conversation between Chifuyu and Houki was incomprehensible. My brain was melted from all the jiggle. I think it went something like this:

Chifuyu: You know, the viewers are looking for you. They can't wait to draw extra gratuitous fanart of you in your swimsuit.
Houki: I'm not like your other students. I actually have dignity in this harem slave world.
Chifuyu: Yes, standing on this cliff overlooking the beach makes you look very cool.
Houki: Do you like how my long hair blows in the wind? I've been watching a lot of Inuyasha lately... Sesshomaru is so hot when he does this.
Chifuyu: That only works for boys. The animators sent me here to get the obligatory camera full body shot.
Houki: Is there no hope for decency in this anime?!
Chifuyu: *points to her hips* Do you NOT see the peek-a-boo crotch window on my already indecently low bikini?
Houki: I was trying not to look, unlike some oversexed animators no doubt, and a certain dimwitted 'brother' of yours...
Chifuyu: Which is why it is almost nessacary to wear something like this to get any sort of rise out of him. Being naked won't cut it around him, or so says the director.
Houki: Is it sad that I almost wish this was a hentai? That would cut out 90% of the BS right now...
Chifuyu: Use sex to solve the world's problems? You might be on to something there, young one.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 23:34   Link #177
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Waianae, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No, Charlotte is soft on the outside and pure deviant on the inside. Hence why she wanted to Ichika to feed her with chopsticks, went into the same bath as him, asked him to get changed in the same room as her and forced him into her changing room.

Don't let her looks decieve you. Behind that adorable face is a mastermind plotter.

She's adorable. Thats the point. She was born devious. And it should be illegal to be that cute XDD
__________________
Archangel Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 06:30   Link #178
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: My avatar shall reveal it to you.
^This. Charlotte is a walking hazard...look at her swimsuit and checkout "DEM LEGS" in the ED.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 10:20   Link #179
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
That's a biological weapon...
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 15:04   Link #180
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Waianae, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
^This. Charlotte is a walking hazard...look at her swimsuit and checkout "DEM LEGS" in the ED.
Indeed. That is why she's from France. Lol.
__________________
Archangel Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.