AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Madoka Magica - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 293 82.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 10.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 3.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-11, 14:44   Link #481
moncikoma

this episode is epic..and so short!
damn....cant wait for the 11th, i am sure we can see madoka henshin scene soon...

moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 14:49   Link #482
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Then why doesn't she go back in time and prevent WN? Or is WN really what it says on the tincan which is actually a manifestation of multiple witches?

I really don't know what is stopping her from kidnapping Madoka into the endless streams of time avoiding Kyubei forever.
As far as it is shown, there isn't any clear explanation how WN manifests itself prior the fated day. How Homura is supposed to do anything without data?

The primary objective is to save Madoka, as she is the very center of everything. Should Homura go on WN hunting (which would definitely lead to BIG failure), QB has a field day with Madoka, as nothing would prevent him to mindfuck her while Homura is absent.

Also kidnapping Madoka doesn't fix the problem AT ALL.
It would leave the whole WN issue etc. It is quite unrealistic to expect her to go on such extreme and just displacing the problem elsewhere.
Old 2011-03-11, 14:54   Link #483
Fandal

Ignorance is bliss. Has anyone noticed how the first iteration was also the ending you expected for a dark magical girl show? None of the girls knew anything that was happening and lived life as a normal magical girl with some dark themes.

Now as the truth get's slowly revealed, each iteration after that - the ending get worse and worse until we get to the current episode.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 14:54   Link #484
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Then why doesn't she go back in time and prevent WN? Or is WN really what it says on the tincan which is actually a manifestation of multiple witches?

I really don't know what is stopping her from kidnapping Madoka into the endless streams of time avoiding Kyubei forever.
She can't. Her wish is explicit. She wished for the following
"I want to return to the time we met. I don't want to be the one protected by her, i want to protect her instead."

Her wish fixes her time reboot to the 16th. No other dates are allowed. She cannot even travel to the 16th as she wishes. She has to fail in her mission of becoming Madoka's protector first
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 15:05   Link #485
Fandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
"I want to return to the time we met. I don't want to be the one protected by her, i want to protect her instead."

Her wish fixes her time reboot to the 16th. No other dates are allowed. She cannot even travel to the 16th as she wishes. She has to fail in her mission of becoming Madoka's protector first
How much energy is this wish costing Kyuube? This repeated time travel experiment looks like it is using a whole lot more energy than wishing for cake, somebody to be healed, or even saving a single human life.

That time travel device looks pretty alien. This might be the first wish where Kyuube actually gave somebody some their race's technology in order to fulfill a wish.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 15:10   Link #486
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post

That time travel device looks pretty alien. This might be the first wish where Kyuube actually gave somebody some their race's technology in order to fulfill a wish.
The MG system is not clear yet ....maybe each girl has its own MG power but it's "sealed" and QB knows how to trigger it.
Old 2011-03-11, 15:19   Link #487
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I love this anime. I truly do. Homu at first was a completely different person from the Homu we know. Poor Homu going back in time again and again and always failing. (;_; ) Weird episode anyway, felt a bit rushed. But there are only TWO EPISODES until the end so it's reasonable.

I have a bad feeling this anime may end with Homu going back in time to stop Madoka from becoming a Mahou Shoujo again. And again. And again. *shudders*

SayakaXKyouko=♥ MadokaXHomu=♥
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 15:27   Link #488
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
I have a bad feeling this anime may end with Homu going back in time to stop Madoka from becoming a Mahou Shoujo again. And again. And again. *shudders*
Highly doubt that since that would be pointless. This loop will probably end in the last episode and the only way it will end is either Homura is satisfied with the results or Homura dies.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 15:30   Link #489
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Highly doubt that since that would be pointless. This loop will probably end in the last episode and the only way it will end is either Homura is satisfied with the results or Homura dies.
Or we'll continue with Oriko Magica?
Old 2011-03-11, 15:30   Link #490
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

Quote:
my guess is both.
Old 2011-03-11, 15:35   Link #491
Archon_Wing
Cool Story Bro
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
What if they just leave the city and let mega ultra witch devastate it; maybe some one else wants to sacrifice themselves? That'd be so selfish, I'd just lol at that possibility.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 15:39   Link #492
Seihai
オンリーマイ曙v( ̄Д ̄)v

Send a message via Skype™ to Seihai
The black cat is bugging me. All the MGs are part of the last OP scenery this time, and the cat is also there. I figure looking at the explicit change there's perhaps some kind of significance to it. Or not.

Homura's next episode key line proposes there's one final way. We're also adviced to rewatch episode 1 again before proceeding with episode 11, I'm dying to find out why or if it's just to gather the puzzle easier.

Madoka will have two different key lines, I assume they aren't said in a row. One supports that Madoka will remember certain (or all?) events, and the other one is a criticism towards Homura.
Old 2011-03-11, 15:39   Link #493
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post

I don't know which sub that was, but she never says to return to the time of anything. She just says she want's to have another go at how she met Madoka--to have a second chance at that first meeting.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 15:46   Link #494
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Or we'll continue with Oriko Magica?
I highly doubt that Shinbo will allow an inconclusive ending.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2011-03-11, 15:49   Link #495
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
I highly doubt that Shinbo will allow an inconclusive ending.
For the manga's sake?
Old 2011-03-11, 15:50   Link #496
Dark Wing

Regarding the whole Sayaka becoming a magical girl in timeline 3 isn't it possible that because Homaru doesn't join Modoka, Mami, and Kyuubie from the start like first two timelines Sayaka ends up joining them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-8116.html

It seems that TBS's broadcast of Madoka is canceled because of earthquake.
Well I guess we may have to wait until things calm down before they can continue.
Old 2011-03-11, 15:51   Link #497
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Madoka will have two different key lines, I assume they aren't said in a row. One supports that Madoka will remember certain (or all?) events, and the other one is a criticism towards Homura.
Madoka's lines in the preview doesn't sound like criticism at all to me with the subs I have. Can you post the lines from the subs you have. Maybe is a different translation.
Old 2011-03-11, 16:00   Link #498
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voinic View Post
For the manga's sake?
lol nah prolly because Shinbo wants to satisfy the fans while still delivering substance. Will you be satisfied with an inconclusive ending? I sure won't be and if Magica Quartet really wants to push this show into legendary status they need to come up with a good conclusion that will satisfy majority of the fans.

I'm ruling out a time reset ending and a bad end because of that. I don't even care what happens to the MG system. It can go on for all I care but what I do want is a resolution to Homura and Madoka's plight. I want a little bit of peace and happiness for Homura and Madoka because with all the shit they've gone through they deserve it.

Last edited by MartianMage; 2011-03-11 at 16:30.
Old 2011-03-11, 16:03   Link #499
N1k1tung

A fairly good episode and I consider everything (in the ep) going the most anticipated way while rushing with revelations is the best way to prepare viewers for a glorius unexpected finale =) Alas, the quake will probably suspend the process for a week
N1k1tung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 16:27   Link #500
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Before, I considered Madoka Magica to be a very good anime.
With this episode, I will call it nothing less than legendary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Logic 1:
Kyubey wants emotions. The more powerful the emotion, the more energy is restored to the universe. Kyubey grants his contractor any wish they want. In exchange, they feel extremely happy, and therefore also create emotional energy for Kyubey to harness.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka magica, time travel