AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-03-11, 18:25   Link #341
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Urgh where is Ayanyan and Kanatan! They aren't in the list!
I'm hoping to see Tetsuya Nomura on there soon. It did say game industry folks too...

Quote:
So what does this mean then? We get radiation spreading that covers a large area for god knows how long?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 18:28   Link #342
Asuras
Dictadere~!

They have to release radioactive steam. Lovely.

I've been at school up till now, so the pictures and videos of what's been happening has only just reached my eyes. I am truly horrified. Buildings being swallowed whole, entire car dealerships having their merchandise swept away. Streets no longer terrestrial and temples shattered. I now understand the scope of this 8.9 magnitude.
Old 2011-03-11, 18:31   Link #343
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Press conference on CNN just said that there is a good chance that tsunamis bigger than the first could hit in the next day or so.
Old 2011-03-11, 18:35   Link #344
BlackMagister

resuming live BBC coverage
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Edit: Will resume and stop periodically when they have more coverage

Last edited by BlackMagister; 2011-03-11 at 18:58.
BlackMagister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 18:35   Link #345
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Japan or US?
Old 2011-03-11, 18:41   Link #346
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Quake ruptures Japan (1:47)

And that is not all,

Japan declares state of atomic power emergency (1:36)
Do light novel authors appear there?
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 18:41   Link #347
solomon

Most of Shinkansen is still suspended, JAL is chaos too. Large lines at Tokyo and Shinjuku stations.

According to Tokyo Power there is around 5,600,000 people out of power across Tohoku, Kanto and Chubu regions
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 18:45   Link #348
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

The cooling system failed at three reactors of the quake-hit Fukushima No. 2 [Daini] nuclear power plant Saturday, the operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said.

The company, which has already scrambled to deal with radiation leaks at its Fukushima [Daiichi] No. 1 plant, notified the industry ministry that the failsafe system at the No. 2 plant stopped functioning as the temperature of coolant water has topped 100 C.

i am going to sleep
Old 2011-03-11, 18:48   Link #349
BlackMagister

Interesting how BBC's video coverage and interview with correspondents are talking about how the people in Japan are responding a very calm manner despite how serious the earthquake is, partly because how prepared they are. Huge crowds of people having to walk home because the train services are suspended, but no disturbances in the crowds. I can't really imagine a calm response in the US.
Old 2011-03-11, 18:51   Link #350
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
Interesting how BBC's video coverage and interview with correspondents are talking about how the people in Japan are responding a very calm manner despite how serious the earthquake is, partly because how prepared they are. Huge crowds of people having to walk home because the train services are suspended, but no disturbances in the crowds. I can't really imagine a calm response in the US.
This barely happens in the US hurricanes are normal though
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 18:55   Link #351
BlackMagister

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
This barely happens in the US hurricanes are normal though
I wasn't really talking about just tsuanami's just natural disasters in general. After hurricane Katrina there were many stories of looting which have not yet been covered in Japan.
Old 2011-03-11, 18:59   Link #352
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
well, they already practicing for generation
Old 2011-03-11, 19:10   Link #353
Peanutbutter

Quote:
People are posting updates of other seiyuus in the thread, and that list is not fully updated:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...c.php?t=170358

My hearts goes out to all in Japan now.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 19:10   Link #354
karuroso

Tragedies like this one always makes me relived to live in a shit 3rd world country where none of this kind of natural disaster happens (earthquake, tsunamis, tornadoes etc) but i remember this is still a shit 3rd world country, last month rained a liitle more than normal and more than one thousand people died.
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 19:15   Link #355
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Been sleep for the past 8, and I wake up (literally and figuratively) to this terrible news. Even though my bud hasn't reported, I'm sure he's okay he's a tough son of a gun. But, my heart goes out to the Japanese people.

Anyone know if all our ASuki members are safe?
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 19:20   Link #356
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
After hurricane Katrina there were many stories of looting which have not yet been covered in Japan.
So, only the US is prone to panic as compared to Japan for the moment?
Old 2011-03-11, 19:22   Link #357
BlackMagister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
So, only the US is prone to panic as compared to Japan for the moment?
No, I'm just saying this is still an ongoing story so even though there have been no reports of panic based damage so far it's still possible.
Old 2011-03-11, 19:25   Link #358
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Despite the emergency, I wouldn't be worried about the reactors. These things are engineered to fail safely. If one fail safe fails to make the failure of the entire system fail safely, there are more. I would bet money that Fukushima Daiichi/Daini will not be worse than three mile, let alone anything near a Chernobyl.

Also, I'm not surprised that the Japanese are calm and orderly. Its part of their culture to be that way, they understand that chaos will make everything worse. I wish more people elsewhere would act that way in the face of disaster.

On the topic of Yakuza helping. They aren't some secret society that steals stuff, they consider themselves semi-legitimate businesses. They also consider themselves important parts of their communities (and they more or less are depending on who you ask), thus they see mobilizing disaster relief as their duty and do so.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 19:30   Link #359
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Frankly, I feel the fact that Katrina was a hurricane gave people the time to panic. When an earthquake strikes, no one has their intermission between peace and chaos to decide to cause a ruckus. Now that the earthquake struck, they just need to recuperate. With hurricane Katrina, people knew they would lose their homes or lives; they went wild, gathering loot and supplies to last.

Either way, let's not turn this discussion into a "Our people are better" kind of thing.
Old 2011-03-11, 19:50   Link #360
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

I woke up an hour ago and in shock that there was another wave of earthquakes in Nagano. Didn't feel anything last night.
Japanese has been drilling for incident like this since childhood at school and are re-trained at various workplaces once a year. I have not heard any looting and I do not think their will be any major incident.
Watching reports on TV it doesn't look good but it is actually a good thing since if it was really catastrophic then there wouldn't be any reports to begin with only chaotic unverified reports coming in from who knows where.
This year is the year of rabbit and it is said that hops and jumps are in-stowed for this year. Don't worry Japan will jump back hopping stronger then ever.

Tags
disaster, japan, tsunami