AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-25, 16:15   Link #1
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
Political Romance Anime

What I'm looking for is a political anime much like Saiunkoku Monogatari, however I would like it to have a little more action much like The Twelve Kingdoms, Berserk, and Utawarerumono. Granted I would like the Romantic aspects of the show to be important to the show so a show like Crest of the Stars would be a great example of what I'm looking for. Please do not recommend any Gundam shows because I think i have seen them all and most of them fit but I have seen them....

The animation style is also important...
I like the animation style of Record of Lodoss War and even shows like Apple Seed, but I do not like the animation style of Maison Ikkoku.

And no ecchi please
shows like Chobits, DearS, and Soul Link; although these shows might meet some of the things i am looking for the panty shots take away from the shows....

OOO... another show that is similar or exactly like what i'm looking for is Heroic Age and Code Geass

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2011-03-26, 12:37   Link #2
raduccio

Legend of the legendary heroes might be what you're looking for.
Old 2011-03-26, 16:54   Link #3
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Or time travel to 90s, and even better 80s, wait you can always watch TV
Old 2011-03-26, 18:18   Link #4
NervZero
RAWR!!!

I have seen Legend of the legendary heroes...

And time travel is not possible yet... but i'm working on it.... give me a week or two and some duct tape..

Old 2011-03-27, 11:49   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I looked over your list and thought you might want to give these a try:

Toshokan Sensou - Armed librarians fight to defend the freedom to read.

Oh! Edo Rocket - Another show about political repression that morphs into a different political riff toward the end

Those both have romantic leads and explicitly political content. Here are two more that don't quite fit, but you might like any way:

Kemono no Sou-ja Erin - Based on another story from the author of Moribito, Uehashi Nahoko. Like Moribito, Erin depicts a world where contemporary political conflict is based on outdated or even false traditions.

Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo - Mostly just for fun. Ryoko's family ties to other government agencies and private security firms raise issues of corruption. Stylish, with witty dialog and good acting, though a weak plot. Lots of sexual tension between the leads.

Political shows with no romance that you should watch anyway.

Monster - How can you not have watched this if you're interested in politics?

Legend of Koizumi - Former Japanese PM Koizumi Junichiro battles other world leaders in a fight to preserve peace and Japan's place in the world. The battleground in question is a Mahjong board. Often hilarious with wry touches like the (souvenir?) shoe in GW Bush's bed.
Old 2011-03-28, 01:37   Link #6
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Thank you so much, i have seen Toshokan Sensou, lol i cant believe i forgot to mark it..

I will have to check out Ryoko's Case File and Monster..

I think I missed Monster because..... I was most like watching Naruto and Bleach.. BLEACH YOU STOLE SO MANY HOURS AND FOR WHAT!!! NOOOO!!!!

Thank you so much Seiji

Closed Thread