AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-07-23, 12:17   Link #2501
Farodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_dont View Post
Hello guys,

I am new here and so don't know if this has already been discussed... but Erwin strikes me as one of the biggest villains in this whole manga! Remember when he lost his arm while trying to get Eren back from B&R and got visited after this incident at his bed? After he was told about Eren having the "coordinate" he showed a really evil grin (only topped off by Armins not so long ago...). I mean there is something fishy going on with this guy.
Just because someone gives a rather creepy grin doesn't mean he is evil in first place.Erwin is someone who suffered from the corruption of the government since his childhood (His father was assassinated on orders of the higher ups) and wants to bring down the cover apparatus of the government.He knows that the titans are not the only enemy of humankind.The titans are probably not even the greatest threat but the humans themselves.
Farodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 14:33   Link #2502
Voidrace

Question The big twist.

Spoiler for The whole manga:
Voidrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 18:37   Link #2503
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Hello guys,

I am new here and so don't know if this has already been discussed... but Erwin strikes me as one of the biggest villains in this whole manga! Remember when he lost his arm while trying to get Eren back from B&R and got visited after this incident at his bed? After he was told about Eren having the "coordinate" he showed a really evil grin (only topped off by Armins not so long ago...). I mean there is something fishy going on with this guy.

Also he is the only main character (that i can think of right now) who has a sever injury and didn't grow it back... I wouldn't be surprised if at one point he reveals his true (titan) form and regenerates that missing piece of arm out of nowhere.

The thing I also did not get: how did he know, that there was a female type titan (annie) before they even started the fake mission to retake wall maria? Annie had not revealed herself before that time, so how could he possibly know that he had to set-up a trap?
He wasn't expecting the Female Titan. He was expecting the Armored or Colossal Titans to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidrace View Post
Spoiler for The whole manga:
Hey Eren! I am the armored Titan, and HE is the colossal Titan! Come with us without resisting and none of your friends will be hurt!
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 19:02   Link #2504
just_dont

thx for the quick replies...

still... if i had to put my eggs in a basket, I'd say erwin is a shifter, just like the BRA trio, who just waits for the right moment to reveal himself.

@greyzone: are you asuming that he expected the armor/colossal titan or was that mentioned somewhere and I missed it?

As far as I can see, there are 3 parties fighting each other so far ("humankind" within the walls, village and ape-titan). And in the last chapters there was something mentioned about the weak-spot of titans. The same spot where the shifters emerge from after the transformation passes. So I assume that all titans have been humans once, just some humans haven't been fully assimilited which created the shifters... In the beginning of the story someone mentioned that before there were any titans, humanity just fought itself and there was no possible future. Could it be that humans created titans so that one shared opponent would unite humanity, but this got out of control??

Do you have ideas, where this whole story might lead to?

Last edited by just_dont; 2014-07-23 at 20:21.
just_dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 20:14   Link #2505
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
@greyzone: are you asuming that he expected the armor/colossal titan or was that mentioned somewhere and I missed it?
When Erwin saw that Eren was a human that could turn into a titan, he concluded that the other intelligent Titans would most like be the same. Then additionally the fact that someone killed the 2 captured Titans Sawney and Bean and then escaped with 3DMG, made him conclude that the chances of the shifters having infiltrated the military was very high.

Also: Do you remember the discussion between Dot Pixis and Eren? Dot told him about how many people say that "the threat of the titans united humanity", after which Eren commented that that is a very optimistic view and cannot be true. Then Dot pointed out that Eren was just as Eccentric as him.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 11:23   Link #2506
Reticia

Very interesting chapter 60
Old 2014-08-08, 13:45   Link #2507
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Indeed. That last page raised some questions. Like the guy on the throne looking less like a king and more like a scientist.
Old 2014-08-08, 16:07   Link #2508
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Indeed. That last page raised some questions. Like the guy on the throne looking less like a king and more like a scientist.
Well, the Fritz Royal family are just a substitute for the Reiss family, so he obviously isn't a "real" king.
Old 2014-08-08, 19:14   Link #2509
the one above all

Even if he isn't a real king that must be the most casually dressed king I have ever seen before. He was basically wearing causal clothes with a lab coat over them.
Old 2014-08-08, 21:10   Link #2510
Death Usagi
Nano DEATH

Oh man, that chapter was freaking epic XD

Especially that scene with all the citizens listening.

And Mikasa heard the name "Ackerman". I seriously wonder if Kenny is her relative or just same surname and that's about it ._.
Old 2014-08-08, 21:22   Link #2511
the one above all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Oh man, that chapter was freaking epic XD

Especially that scene with all the citizens listening.

And Mikasa heard the name "Ackerman". I seriously wonder if Kenny is her relative or just same surname and that's about it ._.
Well he obviously can't be Mikasa's father and I feel like if Mikasa had an relatives then Eren's father would have taken her to them but it is possible Eren's father wasn't aware she had other family. It is possible that Kenny Ackerman is related to Mikasa but it doesn't seem too likely.
Old 2014-08-08, 21:25   Link #2512
Death Usagi
Nano DEATH

inb4 Kenny is Mikasa's uncle o3o
Old 2014-08-09, 04:38   Link #2513
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Why was Levi surprised Kenny's name is Ackerman? Was he just pretending not to know in front of Mikasa or is he not aware of what his own name is from some reason?
Old 2014-08-12, 23:02   Link #2514
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister

I thought I heard something that said Kenny trained Levi when he was young. It kind of looked like Levi was just mad he blurted that name out in front of Mikasa. (maybe what ever the connection Levi is trying to keep it a secret like his own full name)
Old 2014-08-15, 19:55   Link #2515
keragamming

Seeing people posting this just spreading the news. attack on titan is ending in the next 3-4 years.

Attack on titan ending in 3-4 years. interview from Isayama editor small summary.

Points of interests
They plan to end the series in 3-4 years.
(T/N: In a previous Q&A session with editor, he mentioned that

“Isayama wants to end snk within 25 volumes”. Do your own math)
Editor and Isayama meet up at the start of the month for 7-10 days to discuss the storyboard.

The storyboard is rough sketches for the manga.
Isayama works on the storyboard at Kodansha.

Despite being popular, Isayama is still very humble.
(T/N: He also mentioned the same thing in this interview)

"They are done with the foreshadowing".
Isayama said the next step is "steering the story towards the ending, and solving all the mysteries".

None of mysteries he finds interesting ever since serialization started have been solved yet.
Please look forward to it.
source http://plain-dude.tumblr.com/post/94...akubo-shintaro
keragamming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 06:35   Link #2516
HolySin

Been wondering if up to how many volumes are out there, so how many are there?
Old 2014-08-20, 07:36   Link #2517
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
Been wondering if up to how many volumes are out there, so how many are there?
There are currently 14 volumes released in Japan.
Old 2014-08-20, 22:24   Link #2518
HolySin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
There are currently 14 volumes released in Japan.
Thank you, also is there a schedule on releasing new Volumes?
Old 2014-08-20, 23:26   Link #2519
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
Thank you, also is there a schedule on releasing new Volumes?
About 1 volume per 4-5 months, because that's the amount of chapters a volume has and the chapters are released monthly in Japan.
Old 2014-09-05, 09:53   Link #2520
Kinali

Spoiler for Chapter 61:
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote