AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-17, 05:26   Link #401
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Đế Quốc Đại Việt Thần Thánh
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
If so, why do they let the destruction of Wall of Maria?
To test how the Wall people will do after Wall Maria was destroyed. That why after destrustion of Wall Maria, Colossal and Armoured Titans don't attack Wall Rose but wait for next 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
Why they let Royal to send the population - that evacuate to Wall of Rose - to try retake Wall of Maria?
To reduce food comsumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
Why even let the Scouting Legion to go out of the Wall of Maria if they don't want to be known?
Why even allowing the creation of Scouting Legion in the first place?
Scouting Legion go out to keep analysis capacity fighting of Titan against human. Because the rest people don't want to go out the Wall to avoid Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
Also why you said that the Ape Titan climb Wall of Sina in this post:
That is one of deleted sentences after I realize Hairy Titan climb to Wall Rose, but I forgot that. And I ignore that sentence, but you bring it for what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
If you believe the Ape Titan needs to be taken to the outside wall as the people who do the experiment exist outside the wall?
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
If this Ape Titan the first to operate under night time, why there are many Regular Titan that able to operate under night time at the same time?
Hairy Titan is command unit for night operating type Titan, he need grunts too. And Connie's village is choiced to turn to night operating type regular Titan. The human who transport Hairy Titan also insert serum to those villagers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
If it needs to charge energy first, who don't they just charge the Ape Titan outside the wall before put him inside the wall once night fall?
Why do they need to charge the Ape Titan inside the wall?
Transport 17m Titan is difficult, I guess they they transport Hairy Titan as normal monkey form and turn that monkey to Titan form inside the Wall for easier transport.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
I doubt the Ape Titan need to use serum to change human into Titan.
But as we don't know or see the transformation proccess, we can't be sure about it.
You mean somekind of magic. Hairy Titan speak some spell like an evil wizard to turn people to Titans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
But then there are questions:
Why it need to climb the Wall of Rose to escape? As in why the helicopter drop it inside the Wall of Rose, but then take it back from beyond Wall of Rose?
What the purpose of bringing pack Regular Titan around?
Why they need to drop the Ape Titan at daylight? Shouldn't they just insert the serum at around afternoon then drop the Ape Titan to command the Regular Titan? Why they need to risk the Ape Titan + Helicopter that transport the Ape Titan to be seen by human inside the wall? (thus break their cover)
When helicopter drop HT inside, there is no human around it, of course they scouted the area first. But when HT go back, many men from Staionary Force, Scouting Legion will go there to find any breach on the Wall for sure, thus they can't move helicopter inside the Wall longer.

Purpose of regular titan pack is for how co-op of command unit and normal grunts.

Before drop something at landingzone, they already scout, and the landing zone is safe for drop, maybe Connie's village was attacked by recon force, drop Hairy Titan, insert serum to villagers and withdraw to keep secrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
Also, if the Titan is used as weapon by human outside the wall, why do they tested against human inside the wall that has a more primitive technology?
If the human outside the wall has such advance technology to create Titan, helicopter, radio, and automatic weapon, sure their enemy has at least a similar level of technology. So why test Titan against human with less capability than theirs?
Isn't such kind of experiment inefficient and ineffective?
Low tecnology will easier keep them from not break out the Wall. And I doubt the Wall that we know just 1 of many of Walls with many type setting of timeline. They can test Titans against modern weapons at other places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
Also, as the Scout Legion outside the wall is eaten by the Regular Titan, isn't it reasonable to think that 3DM are actually rare outside?
Especially when you see that scout who are dead without being eaten (Pietra, etc.) - thus allowed for their 3DM to be scavenged - were attacked by Female Type Titan instead of Regular Titan.
And don't you think it would more appropriate for the Scout Legion in the first chapter to give Brown's mother her son's 3DM gear along with Brown's hand if dead scout's 3DM is readily scavenged and not rest inside Titan's stomach?
If you see again the attack of Frost District. There are still many corpses on the street with 3DM Gear on them.
__________________
War! War never changes
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 06:18   Link #402
Tranhieu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Sounds logical, but there're few points I can't help but disagree with.

1. The Scout Legion has the most capable soldiers you can't find anywhere else. Sure one has to be among the top 10 trainees to enlist in the Police, but does that mean anything when facing a horde of Titans without any experience of fighting against one all thanks to spending your whole life taking shelter inside the walls? Who will save your ass when Titans manage to crush the inner walls if there's no Scout Legion member around?

2. The Scout Legion obviously knows about the ban on possessing documents containing information of the outside world, yet they're still willing to cooperate and sacrifice their lives for the sake of learning more about the Titans. We are talking about people like Irvin or Hanji here, not some dimwit like Hannes (well he's not in the Scout Legion anyway). It's not like the whole company is being kept in the dark and led toward the edge of the cliff like cattle. Though I can't help but wonder why they agreed to go reclaim Wall Maria resulting in nearly half of the population getting killed in year 846. There must be another reason for their cooperation with the higher-ups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

I had forgotten about that. This confirms how the government is systematically trying to erase any knowledge about the outside world from the mind of its citizens. And I guess it's not just geographical but also historical. They obviously have no idea of what the world was before the Titan.

Seriously, do you think it's even remotely believable that they lost any knowledge of what lies beyond the walls or that they never knew to begin with? And yet it seems that the scouting legion doesn't even have a map of the territories beyond.

Or is it really possible that the King or whoever is in command doesn't know about the walls and whatever the "clergy" knows about them?


This naturally begs a question: why creating a scouting legion, if what the government wants is to keep people inside the walls and make them forget about what's beyond?

I can only speculate on what's the answer, but I think this is probably a convoluted political strategy, not unlike the so called "attack to retake the lost territory" which was just a disguised massacre of civilians.

There's probably a lot of people like Eren, people that can't help but wishing to explore the outside world in spite of all the effort the government and the clergy made to dissuade them to even think about that.
The way they chose to deal with them was simply to let them have what they wanted, with the almost certainty that the only thing that they would achieve would be to become food for the titans. It just saved them the trouble to kill them themselves as heretics.
It also served the double purpose of making examples out of them for everyone else. "See what you get for trying to fight with Titans?"
For a hundred years this strategy worked.

The scouting legion, in other words, has always been nothing but a way to gather and prune undesired individuals who asked too many questions.
If you think about it, such system is a lot more efficient than overtly attacking them, which would only cause such individuals to recognize the government as an enemy and form a resistance group.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 06:36   Link #403
MarkS00N
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
To test how the Wall people will do after Wall Maria was destroyed. That why after destrustion of Wall Maria, Colossal and Armoured Titans don't attack Wall Rose but wait for next 5 years.
Why would they do that?
Isn't that only reduce the number of people they can use to experiment the Titan on?

Also, instead of questioning why they need to wait for 5 years, why they even need to destroy Wall of Rose?
Don't they already get the result from destruction of Wall of Maria?

I have my speculation, but I won't explain it for now because it is too far fetched and I don't want to go through the same hole as you are now.
Though I've typed said speculation at page 19...

Quote:
To reduce food comsumption.
Then why let the people evacuate in the first place?
Or at least, why let that many people evacuate in the first place?
Why the ship that is prepared, who already limited in the first place, still able to evacuate such many people thus forced the lack of food?

Quote:
Scouting Legion go out to keep analysis capacity fighting of Titan against human. Because the rest people don't want to go out the Wall to avoid Titan.
But it has a very high risk of the Scout to see the human who did the experiment on them.
Why don't they just condition the Titan to attack the wall on regular basis that require the human to form Defender Legion (not a mere Stationary Troops) which function is to repel Titan Attack on the wall?

Quote:
That is one of deleted sentences after I realize Hairy Titan climb to Wall Rose, but I forgot that. And I ignore that sentence, but you bring it for what?
By the time I quote it, you didn't delete it yet.
After more than 6 hours passes, I thought that was your standing.

Quote:
Hairy Titan is command unit for night operating type Titan, he need grunts too. And Connie's village is choiced to turn to night operating type regular Titan. The human who transport Hairy Titan also insert serum to those villagers.
I ask you again, if this Ape Titan is the first, how come the human who does the experiment confident enough to turn a whole village into Titan if they don't know the result whether the Titan able to operate well at night?
What if the Ape Titan unable to operate at night?
Isn't it once again risked themselves being found out?

Quote:
Transport 17m Titan is difficult, I guess they they transport Hairy Titan as normal monkey form and turn that monkey to Titan form inside the Wall for easier transport.
Then, how the ape able to talk in Titan form when even human can't?
And why Ymir can when Erren, Annie, Ryner, and Bertholdt - which in your theory come after Ymir - aren't able to talk?
Why the human who did this experiment only now decide to make another talking Titan with Ape of all thing - especially when ape didn't speak the same language as human?
Are you suggesting the serum is able to make a previously 'lesser' form of race (in term: unable to talk with vocabulary as rich as human and invent tool as complicated as human) in its original form into a more advance than human in its Titan form even when the human also in Titan form?

Also, why the Ape Titan didn't just return to its original form and need to needlessly use complicated manner of erasing its trace?

And if the ape come in its original form, how the human able to ensure that the ape has a clear focus which is as we know for now needed to change into Titan form? especially when in its original form, ape do not understand human language.

Quote:
You mean somekind of magic. Hairy Titan speak some spell like an evil wizard to turn people to Titans?
We don't even sure that the thing to turn human into Titan is a serum.
What Eren's father inject Eren with might possibly a medicine to suppress Eren's memory.

Hell, with recent development, we aren't sure about many-many of the Titans.

Though probably not magic but somekind of parasite that only exist with Original Titan.
Think original Titan as the parasite creator, it can inject the parasite it has to create Titan, but Titan that created from this parasite unable to turn other into more Titan.

But as I said, we never see such transformation happen thus we can't be sure about it.
And by 'it' I mean how the transformation happen and the source of it.

Quote:
When helicopter drop HT inside, there is no human around it, of course they scouted the area first. But when HT go back, many men from Staionary Force, Scouting Legion will go there to find any breach on the Wall for sure, thus they can't move helicopter inside the Wall longer.
So are you saying Mike and co. won't see any big flying object at daylight but some scout with limited light can see this big flying object at night?
Remember that there are no scout/troops nearby castle Utgard or wall the Ape Titan climb when the Titan escape.

Quote:
Purpose of regular titan pack is for how co-op of command unit and normal grunts.
Why this experiment never been done before?
Isn't using Annie as she run after Eren a very good situation to test this kind of co-op stuff?
Why Annie only use the Titans around her to eat and erase her trace instead of systematically attack the Scout Legion?

Quote:
Before drop something at landingzone, they already scout, and the landing zone is safe for drop, maybe Connie's village was attacked by recon force, drop Hairy Titan, insert serum to villagers and withdraw to keep secrect.
So you are saying that Mike and co. who have been stationed there can't see this recon force which include a complicated manner of flying helicopter inside the wall, injecting a whole village with serum, and the withdraw from the wall?

Quote:
Low tecnology will easier keep them from not break out the Wall. And I doubt the Wall that we know just 1 of many of Walls with many type setting of timeline. They can test Titans against modern weapons at other places.
So are you saying that there are another wall where people with far advance weapon exist but they still unable to discover this experiment?
And if a more advance society exist, why this society is kept in this way?
Once again: Isn't it make the Titan inadequate against enemy that on par with human who experiment the Titan?

Quote:
If you see again the attack of Frost District. There are still many corpses on the street with 3DM Gear on them.
If you see again the attack of Frost District, all of those Titans are dead, allowing the corpses to exist.
While there are a lot more Titan outside with more than enough drive to eat humans' flesh.

And once again: don't you think it would more appropriate for the Scout Legion in the first chapter to give Brown's mother her son's 3DM gear along with Brown's hand if dead scout's 3DM is readily scavenged and not rest inside Titan's stomach?
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 07:19   Link #404
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
I think some are reading entirely way too much into things

It'd be an ass-pull of epic proportions if they did a SUDDENLYHELICOPTERS :3
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 08:20   Link #405
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
Sounds logical, but there're few points I can't help but disagree with.

1. The Scout Legion has the most capable soldiers you can't find anywhere else. Sure one has to be among the top 10 trainees to enlist in the Police, but does that mean anything when facing a horde of Titans without any experience of fighting against one all thanks to spending your whole life taking shelter inside the walls? Who will save your ass when Titans manage to crush the inner walls if there's no Scout Legion member around?
Well first you need to consider that for a hundred years no titan ever breached the walls and that for all that time the government main agenda was to keep the populace controlled and ignorant.
You could get arrested for possessing a book on the outside world, but you would face no consequences for berating the scouting legion or claiming that they were just idiots wasting funds. It doesn't seem that there was any attempt from the government to make the populace aware of a need to be prepared for Titan attacks and in fact Armin even gets bullied and called heretic for even suggesting that.
Apart from the extremely unsuccessful scouting legion there is nothing that suggest any serious project meant to attack or successfully defend against a possible titan invasion.
Given all that I think that the central government never thought that Titans would ever become a major problem as long as people stayed inside the walls. And that means that they probably never deemed necessary for the defenders of the inner walls to have any actual experience in titan fighting.

Of course their agenda must have changed after the fall of wall Maria, we know that the public opinion made a 180° degree turn as it is stated in the manga. Before the scouting legion was seen as a bunch of fools, after that it was considered a duty for the young people to enlist in the military and fight the titans. At this point of the story the scouting legion is no longer treated with total disrespect, so it turns out to have an actual utility for the government, but I think there are probably factions among those who rule the country that are debating on which course to take.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
2. The Scout Legion obviously knows about the ban on possessing documents containing information of the outside world, yet they're still willing to cooperate and sacrifice their lives for the sake of learning more about the Titans. We are talking about people like Irvin or Hanji here, not some dimwit like Hannes (well he's not in the Scout Legion anyway). It's not like the whole company is being kept in the dark and led toward the edge of the cliff like cattle. Though I can't help but wonder why they agreed to go reclaim Wall Maria resulting in nearly half of the population getting killed in year 846. There must be another reason for their cooperation with the higher-ups.
Well I think that there might be an even deeper meaning on Irvin's question to Eren "Who do you think is the enemy?"
Was Irvin simply asking about possible Titan spies, or was he actually suggesting that the real enemy might be the government body itself?

If my theory is true, then someone like Irvin definitely saw through the whole affair already.
Why would he play along with that? There might be several reasons but it is easy to see that he would have very little chance of accomplishing anything by directly opposing the government, and Irvin is someone who can think very far. He might be already taking actions, slowly, cautiously, waiting for the right moment.
__________________


Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2013-04-17 at 08:37.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 10:46   Link #406
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
Alright, all caught up. I wanted to stick with the anime but I kept coming across spoilers left and right, so I thought I might as well read the manga before the whole story is ruined for me.

It was a pretty nice ride, and not exactly what I expected. I thought it would be the kind of story where nobody -not even the main characters- are safe, but as it turns out, the core group of major characters has done a pretty good job surviving. Out of the initial trainees, only two died and we barely even knew them. The plot also has more mysteries than I anticipated there would be, and the manga has provided very little answers so far, only hints. The story has been progressing at a snail's pace. Thankfully, it seems like we're finally going to find out more soon. No cop-out possible like with Annie this time. Christa/Historia has no reason not to tell what she knows about the wall. I don't expect Reiner and Bert to talk even if they manage to capture them though. As for Ymir, who knows...

One thing I haven't seen people mention about chapter 43 (maybe I missed it): the colossal titan put two people inside his mouth, Ymir and somebody else. Does that mean there was another titan around? If he had wanted to kill that other mysterious person, he would have crushed her in his hand instead.

On an unrelated note, Bert really cracks me up. He's always seen sweating or making a uneasy face in the background.

Images
Social anxiety titan
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Of course, it makes sense he was so anxious given what he was hiding. I still find it hilarious the dreaded colossal titan is a guy like that
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 12:58   Link #407
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Of course, it makes sense he was so anxious given what he was hiding. I still find it hilarious the dreaded colossal titan is a guy like that
It's details like that that make me really like the manga and I hope it'll be something the anime will be able to capture as well.

As for the survival rate,it helps that 5 of them turned out to be titans.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 13:15   Link #408
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I think some are reading entirely way too much into things

It'd be an ass-pull of epic proportions if they did a SUDDENLYHELICOPTERS :3
Gotta love how I told Panzerklein why that and his theorys are wrong and he completely ignores my posts =D.

Ya like you said that would not flow into the story well at all and just be stupid.

Just gona save my posts in a note pad and date em like I usually do and bring them back up later once they are proved right which is what usually happens.

AND FOR THE 100th time Panzerklein THEY WERE ON A SEARCH AND RETRIEVE MISSION That is not even a secret anymore the story clearly told you that clear as day the moment they tried taking Eren and said they would leave once they get him does that sound like a test no. The whole point of posting a theory on a forum is to also accept others ideas when they make more sense. Like Jan-Poo idea of what the scouting legion was originally for made a ton of sense.

Tranhieu only One 5th of the population died 2 million out of 10 million... I just noticed how small that is 10 million,Even in 0 A.D. humanity had a population of 300 million and that was 2000 years ago.

Anyways saving my posts to note pad after this fight we should hopefully get some answers.
__________________

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-04-17 at 13:33.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:57   Link #409
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
Then why let the people evacuate in the first place?
Or at least, why let that many people evacuate in the first place?
Why the ship that is prepared, who already limited in the first place, still able to evacuate such many people thus forced the lack of food?
You can't be this naive even when it is spelled out to you. Did you even read the manga?

The whole point of the walls is survival. If one wall falls you fallback to the next one. Each town or village has the capacity to grow its own food. With one town destroyed the inner towns does not have the agricultural capacity to grow food due to lack of arable land.

So the government came up with this scheme. Either we sacrifice some people or we'll all starve. They did this in the cover of recovering the outer town. They knew it would fail as the army has neither the skills or resources of combating the Titans.

After a century of not being attacked the people became complacent and sees no point in the continued expeditions that sacrifices lives. They thought the Walls will always protect them. It didn't help a religion about the Walls sprang up to reinforce those notions. When Wall Rose fell it shattered those illusions.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 17:19   Link #410
MarkS00N
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
You can't be this naive even when it is spelled out to you. Did you even read the manga?

The whole point of the walls is survival. If one wall falls you fallback to the next one. Each town or village has the capacity to grow its own food. With one town destroyed the inner towns does not have the agricultural capacity to grow food due to lack of arable land.

So the government came up with this scheme. Either we sacrifice some people or we'll all starve. They did this in the cover of recovering the outer town. They knew it would fail as the army has neither the skills or resources of combating the Titans.

After a century of not being attacked the people became complacent and sees no point in the continued expeditions that sacrifices lives. They thought the Walls will always protect them. It didn't help a religion about the Walls sprang up to reinforce those notions. When Wall Rose fell it shattered those illusions.
I know the whole point of the wall is.
The point of my question is to ask the very nature of experiment that Panzerklein suggest.

Panzerklein thinks that the experiment meant to see the reaction of people when the Wall of Maria fall, but this people who he believe do experiment failed to recognize the possibility of starving due to excess of people flooding in Wall of Rose.

If this really an experiment to see reaction of people when Wall of Maria fall:
Shouldn't the people who did the experiment count on the possibility that people will evacuate using ship and prepare said ship so it can only evacuate enough people without creating starvation that might lead to the death of the whole experiment subject?

Why the evacuation that lead after the destruction of Wall of Rose endanger the very existence of the experiment?

Because if this people are competent enough to maintain a 100 years experiment without ever being seen, they should be competent enough to calculate this potential hazardous implication.

These stuffs are what I find questionable about Panzerklein claim that destruction of Wall of Maria is part of experiment.

Of course there are: Helicopter and Radio which basically comes from imagination without proof in the manga whatsoever.
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 17:56   Link #411
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
It's details like that that make me really like the manga and I hope it'll be something the anime will be able to capture as well.

As for the survival rate,it helps that 5 of them turned out to be titans.
There's one bit of foreshadowing I'm curious to see in the anime: Annie instinctively protecting her nape while sparring with Eren. It was easy to miss it in the manga but it should be easier to notice in the anime. Might tip some people off. The problem is that it's almost impossible to tell who is making honest speculation and who is relying on spoilers.

I find it ironic four of the top five recruits ended up being titans. At least we've still got the #1 Mikasa left to represent humanity. And Rivaille. They've worth a hundred titans.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 20:42   Link #412
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Đế Quốc Đại Việt Thần Thánh
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
Panzerklein thinks that the experiment meant to see the reaction of people when the Wall of Maria fall, but this people who he believe do experiment failed to recognize the possibility of starving due to excess of people flooding in Wall of Rose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
If this really an experiment to see reaction of people when Wall of Maria fall:
Shouldn't the people who did the experiment count on the possibility that people will evacuate using ship and prepare said ship so it can only evacuate enough people without creating starvation that might lead to the death of the whole experiment subject?
I never know you're that naive. I never said the population increase in Wall Rose will cause the fiall of the whole experiment, don't put false words to my mouth. I only said, refugees come from Wall Maria will increase food consumption, with won't starve the rest of people, just reduce their ration each meal to share their food with refugees. But the Royal don't like that and force 250.000 people, mostly are Wall Maria's refugee to go out and die there to reduce food consumption.

Refugee don't just come from Shiganshina District where is breach. After the breach in Shiganshina District arrive to entire Wall Maria, all population will run to Wall Rose not only by ships just like Shiganshina District but by land roads from other directions. And the gate don't want people inside Wall Rose angry because
don't let refugees come in, or it's is mean the Wall is just lie, they will abaddon orther survival from outer Wall. That is most stupid reason to reduce food consumtion. They will just let them come in, but soon organise a poor army of refugees and make them die in the name of "Retake the Wall Maria", thus they will die in honor and Royal's fame will not be decreased and also reduce food consumption, 1 stone 2 birds, this is smartest reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
Why the evacuation that lead after the destruction of Wall of Rose endanger the very existence of the experiment?
I never said that before, lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
Because if this people are competent enough to maintain a 100 years experiment without ever being seen, they should be competent enough to calculate this potential hazardous implication.
These stuffs are what I find questionable about Panzerklein claim that destruction of Wall of Maria is part of experiment.[/QUOTE]

That is their calculation, like I said before. Use Colossal Titan breach the hole as seige class Titan testing against the 100-year safe Wall. Let refugees comein as I'm very good leader (I don't abaddon these pity refugees, but soon push them outside the Wall and die under name of "Retake the Wall" to let people think, I don't let the outer Wall lost too, I send army to retake it for humanity (but Titans just too powerfull, lolz) and reduce food consumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
Of course there are: Helicopter and Radio which basically comes from imagination without proof in the manga whatsoever.
You also don't even have proof about "Original Titans" that can turn to human, lolz. After this sentense, I see that your discuss is nonsense and I got bored, lolz.
__________________
War! War never changes

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2013-04-17 at 21:36.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 20:56   Link #413
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Thankfully, it seems like we're finally going to find out more soon. No cop-out possible like with Annie this time. Christa/Historia has no reason not to tell what she knows about the wall. I don't expect Reiner and Bert to talk even if they manage to capture them though. As for Ymir, who knows...
I'm not so sure. Are we really sure that Historia knows anything? For some reasons the priest thinks that she is the only one allowed to speak, and he also thinks that she is entitled to know the truth of the walls. But unless he knows her personally it is entirely possible that albeit entitled to know the truth, nobody ever told her.

Another possibility is that Christa will refuse to speak because she wants to be the "good girl" in the eyes of her family as she always did.

Ymir is a strange case. It's hard to understand what's her objective or her priorities, anyway there's still a fairly high chance that Berthold and Reiner will escape with her.

Or you know, there could be just another absolutely unexpected event like female Titan being able to control titans thus escaping a wonderfully crafted trap, or Annie being able to seal herself inside an impossible to break shell, even though the walls (also made with titan power) aren't impossible to break at all.


In short the author of this manga takes pleasure in denying us answers.

Quote:
At least we've still got the #1 Mikasa left to represent humanity.
Inb4 we learn that Mikasa is the result of Doctor's Jaeger experiment to give titan powers to humans. That would explain her inhuman strength.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 21:15   Link #414
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I find it ironic four of the top five recruits ended up being titans. At least we've still got the #1 Mikasa left to represent humanity. And Rivaille. They've worth a hundred titans.
Mikasa keeps up with titan roids using the power of love
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 21:47   Link #415
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Mikasa keeps up with titan roids using the power of love
Love and Friendship two biggest power boost in anime/manga.

I believe a country 100 hundred years ago started this who titans experiment and went out of control. Since it went out of control they build the walls to keep them out and saved rest of the human race(use the titans type to build the wall and seal themself in). Maybe a handful of them decide the human race should no longer exist decide to take steps into taking out the rest of the human race.
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 22:55   Link #416
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Attack on Titan leads the chart.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ing-april-7-13
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 23:26   Link #417
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Inb4 we learn that Mikasa is the result of Doctor's Jaeger experiment to give titan powers to humans. That would explain her inhuman strength.
I indeed wouldn't be surprised,afterall when she was younger she wasn't a skilled fighter,yes I know there's the power of love but the manga has sort of stayed away from this kind of stuff until now.

Also wonder if she has more knowledge about her step dad's work than what she's telling (which is of course nothing)
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 03:56   Link #418
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Inb4 we learn that Mikasa is the result of Doctor's Jaeger experiment to give titan powers to humans. That would explain her inhuman strength.
Doesn't Eren already fit this role?

With all the other top recruits being titans already, I'd rather have Mikasa stay human.

You know those controversies where famous American athletes are revealed to have taken steroids, and the public loses respect for them as a result? I feel that Mikasa having titan powers would cheapen her efforts.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 04:52   Link #419
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Mikasa keeps up with titan roids using the power of love
If the last chapter is any indication not only she is yandere for Eren but an S. Jelly another woman is beating her man while Annie saying treat her like a girl.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 07:07   Link #420
MarkS00N
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
You also don't even have proof about "Original Titans" that can turn to human, lolz. After this sentense, I see that your discuss is nonsense and I got bored, lolz.
...
Where did I ever said the Original Titan able to turn into human?
I suspect Ymir is an Original Titan, but I never said Original Titan able to turn into human...

And I have more the enough reason to believe the Ape Titan to be a completely unique Titan that possibly belong to its own category...
Based on its talk, action, and some 'similarities' I find as I read the manga...

And I do not invent some kind of arbitrary that need to exist for my theory to be plausible...
Except my suspicion that the Original Titan can turn human into Titan, which I already bolded to show how this is the weak assumption of mine...
If it is proved, my theory will be strengthen by it, but even if it is not proved, my theory can still withstand...

Sigh...

Maybe as I and/or you don't fluently speak/type English, there are some error in what massage we try to give and then receive...

My whole question is raised due the nature of your theory which worded like "I think it is cool!" instead of "I think it is plausible!"...
And I won't raise many questions if your theory isn't questionable, trust me...

Like the two Titan tribes thing several pages earlier...
I disagree with it, but I don't ask any question because it is more 'plausible' than 'cool'...
How? Because it was based on what already in the manga without presenting new 'stuff' that never exist or seen before...

Even your earlier posts are rather humble, but as you 'need' to answer my question, you make your theory into a whole giant mess that require stuff you never even mention before...

Lastly, as it seems you don't understand my sentences very well.
I need to clarify stuff from you last post.

This one in particular:
Quote:
I never said the population increase in Wall Rose will cause the fiall of the whole experiment, don't put false words to my mouth.
I never said you said the whole experiment will fall...
But the fact that they need to open the forest, thus reducing the number of existing animals for people to hunt, means the lack of food is very real...

And even though they already open the forest for farm, from the last panel of this page we get this conversation:
Spoiler:

They are forced to reduce mouths to feed by sending the people who come from Wall of Maria back to Wall of Maria...
People who can be the next Scout Legion, thus valuable to their Titan test...

It is, for me, show how desperate they were regarding the whole food consumption thing, which rather showing their worry of starvation...
And starvation is a pretty fatal to experiment which depend on humans...

And I never ever mention that the refugee only come from Shiganshina district, it is from the whole Wall of Maria...
And when I said "Shouldn't the people who did the experiment count on the possibility that people will evacuate using ship and prepare said ship so it can only evacuate enough people without creating starvation that might lead to the death of the whole experiment subject?", I mean the people that will evacuate from the whole Wall of Maria...

And for this one:
Quote:
I never said that before, lolz
Of course you never said "the evacuation that lead after the destruction of Wall of Rose endanger the very existence of the experiment", I actually doubt you even think about what possibly could happen when what you thought happen did...

I mean, you seems to simply think "The Wall of Maria's destruction is experiment!" and never think what could possibly happen and how it drives the recent event to its current state...

Why your posts appear to me like this?
Because your sentences about "I only said, refugees come from Wall Maria will increase food consumption, with won't starve the rest of people, just reduce their ration each meal to share their food with refugees."...

It clearly show you think there are no possibility to increase food production through farming, something that the Royal clearly did but not enough to do...
Or actually show the lack of thinking you did for your theory...

And why ask "the evacuation that lead after the destruction of Wall of Rose endanger the very existence of the experiment" and all questions before?
Because I take your theory to heart, think about how plausible it is, and the ask you this thing that bugging me about your theory plausibility to you, the one who come with the theory...
Though clearly, my expectation is pretty far too high...

====================

Anyway, I won't ask you anymore question...
For it clearly didn't bring any good for you...

And for a recap, base on our little discussion that begin from page 19, if your theory is to happen in manga, the manga need to proved:
a) Helicopter
b) Radio
c) Special Force of human who did the experiment
c) Reasoning for why Ape Titan is an experiment to see how well Titan at night when Ymir can already able to transform at night (And you claim Ymir is a very old one)
d) Reasoning for why Ape Titan send Titans to attack the north village at daylight (as seen by Sasha and Rico) if its mission is to see how well the Titan attack at night
e) Reasoning Why Overseer isn't controlled much by human outside the wall, thus lead to Historia able to not be an Overseer but still able to inform people what only an Overseer may know
f) The how Mikasa's family able to enter the wall from outside the wall if the wall is conditioned
g) Reasoning why Ymir said 'I died for the happiness of the great many people' when you said she simply bored as the reason she comes to inside the wall
h) A lot of 3DM between Wall of Maria and Wall of Rose where many Scout dead try to guard Eren
i) Reasoning to test Titan against 'primitive' enemy (primitive because the human outside the wall certainly far beyond the human inside the wall in term of technology)

Ah, only 9 stuffs...
At least...
Not counting some small stuff like 'the tools needed by human outside the wall to monitoring the result of fight between Titan vs Scout Legion' which you or anyone clearly never said...

Oh, btw...
Due to several experience, I do believe your theory has high chance of possibility to be true...

=====

Now for another matter...
As I new to Shingeki no Kyojin, when does the chapter usually released?
Any date on calender I can mark?

Last edited by MarkS00N; 2013-04-18 at 08:33.
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.