AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-07, 23:25   Link #881
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
FYI, the only limit is stamina. If lack stamina, will have lack of strength to move on, and maybe less focused, thus would have a tendency to go rampant. If Ymir was the oldest titan, then I don't see how would she lose her sanity after she transformed into a titan for an unknown period of time. But who knows how many times has she transformed into a titan.

Man, don't tell me you seriously believed in that jackass who made that preposterous 'theory' about a shifter would turn into a mindless titan if the more they transform.
Spoiler for Why turning to Titan is dangerous:
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 01:05   Link #882
hyper_oats
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Not as much exposition as i would have liked but i got to say, i enjoyed it solely for the pure, unadulterated murderous intent coming from Eren this chapter. And as someone else mentioned, i find it funny that although Ymir tried to play it cool, she would have completely lost it if Christa got hurt or killed. Also interesting how she points out that one deviant was looking at them the entire time and that another was "delicate". Ymir definitely seems to know her titans.
hyper_oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 02:33   Link #883
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Spoiler for Why turning to Titan is dangerous:
I don't understand. It seems irrelevant to me.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 03:18   Link #884
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I don't understand. It seems irrelevant to me.
Notice how the flesh of the Titan is consuming Eren?

Annie notice the danger and tried to bring him back by grabbing his attention...
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 04:17   Link #885
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Notice how the flesh of the Titan is consuming Eren?

Annie notice the danger and tried to bring him back by grabbing his attention...
Okay, now I can see that Eren was losing himself over his titan body after his rabid roaring.

Speaking of Annie, I think she has something in mind about Eren. Eren's perspective aside, how about take a view on Annie's perspective? I mean, why were the two starring each other for so long? Am I the only one who finds that tempting?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 07:22   Link #886
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Notice how the flesh of the Titan is consuming Eren?

Annie notice the danger and tried to bring him back by grabbing his attention...
Uh wow... I totally didn't notice that before. I simply thought that the female titan was taking advantage of the situation, but now I see that she was actually worried.
Interesting...
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 07:57   Link #887
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Uh wow... I totally didn't notice that before. I simply thought that the female titan was taking advantage of the situation, but now I see that she was actually worried.
Interesting...
Not to mention Eren went batshit insane and losing himself.

Spoiler for look at him:


Spoiler:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 09:46   Link #888
Graydient
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
They don't undervalue it, they're desensitized to it. You don't find the will to live day after day with people dying all around you, fearing you may be next, without learning to cope. Some people face it with idealism, like Armin, or revenge or hatred, like Eren, or by closing off emotions, like Annie, Ymir, or Mikasa, or by literally breaking in the head, like Ryner. There's lots of ways people cope.
She refers to Eren's revenge as both "childish" and "insignificant". Eren's revenge is out of respect for his mother, referring to it as such shows she doesn't care i.e. yes, she does in fact not value it, she thinks it's unimportant. She could've simply said "Eren, cool it" if her intent was to get more information out of Reiner. Being desensitized and undervaluing human life aren't mutually exclusive: actually, saying she's desensitized only serves to explain why she undervalues human life. Just because you can explain the reason for something (e.g. murder), does not mean you are justifying it. Not that murder can't be justified, but I see no reason for Ymir to have something against Eren's mom without generalizing humans as a whole.

If you still disagree with me, then I'll say this: her lack of empathy is enough reason for me to dislike her.
Graydient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 10:19   Link #889
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graydient View Post
She refers to Eren's revenge as both "childish" and "insignificant". Eren's revenge is out of respect for his mother, referring to it as such shows she doesn't care i.e. yes, she does in fact not value it, she thinks it's unimportant.
Revenge doesn't benefit anyone except maybe the one who desires it.
Mind that Ymir didn't react to Eren saying "I'm going to kill you", but to Eren saying "I'm going to make your deaths the most excruciating as possible".
While killing them could be seen as useful to prevent them from killing more people, torturing them would be just pointless revenge. I doubt that even Eren would benefit from that, unleashing his darkest desires would only corrupt his soul and wouldn't really make him feel better nor her mother feel more proud about him.

I agree with Ymir there, wanting to make Reiner and Berthold suffer is comprehensible from Eren and I can empathize with that, but people shouldn't just listen to their emotions and ignoring reason.
The fact that Eren doesn't understand that just shows is lack of maturity, which is also understandable considering his age, but ultimately Ymir is right.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 10:28   Link #890
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Well kind to think of it, I think there IS a limit when transforming into a titan, especially about what kind of danger would bring to the host when concerning of the host's conscience.

If Eren had such negative mentality like that when he is in his titan form, he would lose his control over his titan body and goes rampant like a feral animal.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 11:49   Link #891
Graydient
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The fact that Eren doesn't understand that just shows is lack of maturity, which is also understandable considering his age, but ultimately Ymir is right.
While I do agree with some of the points you made, there are some points I disagree with.

To say that Eren's declaration of torture is from a lack of maturity is to call out Ymir and probably a lot of other characters immature as well. Again, replace Eren and Eren's mom with Ymir and Christa, and we'd probably see a similar reaction. The concept of maturity is as ill defined as the concept of good and evil. It's all relative and based on different experiences and circumstances.

I do, though, agree that Eren is impulsive, and yes he does tend to act on emotion (on the other hand, I could flip it around and say Eren is more honest than most other people, which is actually an admirable trait). However, I do not believe there was a need for Ymir to downplay his revenge. Unlike the Levi-kicking-out-tooth vs dissection, I do not think Ymir had to resort to that.
Graydient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 12:19   Link #892
gowfan05
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: below the sky yet above the ground
What is christa's importance to ymir / main story?
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 12:24   Link #893
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
as far we know christa seems to be a princess , and ymir wants to protect her( though i am not sure if she was ordered or not) , also ymir says she is similar to christa (so she too may be a princess or something)
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 12:54   Link #894
CJ_Walker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I can hardly believe this was 45 pages long. Such a long conversation and yet absolutely nothing new was revealed. They just kept beating around the bush. This was really frustrating. Now it's obvious we won't get answers anytime soon.


Pretty much, I'm pretty sure next month the POV will be on Mikasa's group trying to find Eren. The way its going It seems to be that Isayama's doing this on purpose. He's probably drawing it out because of the anime, and doesn't intend to give answers untill the 26 eps are up.

In other words, it's going to be a WHILE before he gives us answers.

Those answers better be damn well worth the wait though. I hope he's one of those writers that's thought of "The Answers" before sitting down to tell the story.

There aren't enough hints to tell what these answers are yet imo.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 13:08   Link #895
Puu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
You know, what if whatever was under Eren's basement was, in fact, the Hairy Titan? Like the Colossal Titans with the walls, it had been confined in the basement and deprived of sunlight to function... but ever since the house's collapse, well... it has since gotten sunlight and become active again.
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 13:51   Link #896
Jun pls
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
I'm totally buying this theory, but the question is HOW? It would be interesting to know how they got a time machine. Other than that, the manga totally sounds like a tragedy if that is true. For some reason, I can totally picture Mikasa pushing Eren into a time machine whilst sacrificing herself to the titans/whatever's attacking them right in front of him.
I really love the theory about another parallel world/time traveling.
And about "how" that works without a time machine.
It could just work like in the game "Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward"
There they didn't travel in time with a machine, their consciousness "jumped" back in time to change events and thus creating another world with alternate endings.
While their consciousness jumped in time they sometimes forget parts of their memories so it's a bit fuzzy about what already happened.

I wouldn't mind something like that happening in Shingeki no Kyojin.
I generally love those genre elements very much
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 13:56   Link #897
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puu View Post
You know, what if whatever was under Eren's basement was, in fact, the Hairy Titan? Like the Colossal Titans with the walls, it had been confined in the basement and deprived of sunlight to function... but ever since the house's collapse, well... it has since gotten sunlight and become active again.
so he created a titan who could control the other titans. Nice theory. And so the "others" he was talking about who would check the 3d move gear could be other "man made" titans?or maybe of humans out the walls who survived and stole the "ape monkey " from the basement using it for themselves? So much to think about.....
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 15:26   Link #898
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
as far we know christa seems to be a princess , and ymir wants to protect her( though i am not sure if she was ordered or not) , also ymir says she is similar to christa (so she too may be a princess or something)
That one Titan which was holding the urge to kill the scout said "Ymir-sama's people".

Makes me think Ymir is not only from outside the walls but outside the continent as she knows herring and monkeys.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 18:13   Link #899
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
saw last episode and gotta say they really made that trio too suspicious xD
aniway did you see what happened under eren's titan's skeleton? flowers. Wonder if that means something. Is it evolution who brought forth titans against humans who ruined the earth? or were the ape titans who may be something like earth's protectors(kinda like elves)?

Last edited by Breimoon; 2013-06-08 at 18:35.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 20:06   Link #900
Pacify
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aussie
Age: 27
Was a bit disappointed with that chapter. Nothing happened, and 0 new information was given.... Considering its a monthly, it kinda hurts lol

I dont like Ymir at all, I think shes a bitch
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.