AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-01, 02:00   Link #961
Parchevich
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi View Post
Japan invaded a South Korean island in World War 2 and pretty much pillaged their villages and OVERLY raped their women.
What do you mean overly? So there's a prescribed amount of rape, and if only the Japanese had stuck to it the Koreans wouldn't have held a grudge, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Cause the one in the wall looks like it's around 40 meters, give or take a few.
Maybe it's as tall as the Colossal Titan, but it's kneeling. It'd make for better weight distribution, since if it's on its feet it might put too much strain on the wall. Or perhaps the wall's base is underground and so are the wall titans' lower legs.
Parchevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 02:32   Link #962
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchevich View Post
Maybe it's as tall as the Colossal Titan, but it's kneeling. It'd make for better weight distribution, since if it's on its feet it might put too much strain on the wall. Or perhaps the wall's base is underground and so are the wall titans' lower legs.
I don't think so based on the width of the wall. Since titans are the same shape as humans, ignore the deformations, the wall would need to be wider. Try kneeling and you'll notice that your shins/legs extend behind you when compared to standing up straight. so the wall would have to be wider than what it already is. Ugh, this is hard to explain without a picture. Basically, they would be able to fit 3 or 4 rail tracks on top of the wall instead of just the one that is already there.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 04:15   Link #963
aohige
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi View Post
Actually from what I've heard, Kim Jong Un is an anime fan.
Also, South Koreans seem to have more of a reason to say the death threats. Japan invaded a South Korean island in World War 2 and pretty much pillaged their villages and OVERLY raped their women. There's quite a few South Koreans who dislike Japan because the Japanese didn't apologize after the war, and Germany apologized for the Holocaust lol. My mom is also a person who dislikes Japan, imagine how she feels when her son is an Otaku :P
Anyways there you go, but back to the discussion. They may be keeping Eren to get into the basement? He's the only one with the key and knows where the house is I think.
How in the bloody hell does that justify sending death threats to Shingeki no Kyojin author.
Don't play an apologist to pitiful actions of a few crazy internet loons.

I AM a Japanese, if someone started sending me death threats for shit I have nothing to do with, trust me, I'd have that person arrested without any remorse. Using what you listed above to justify hate is borderline religious fanaticism.

Ever read One Piece? Do you know who Hody Jones is? Yeah. He's a pristine representation of the new generation internet hate mongers.

Last edited by aohige; 2013-07-01 at 04:25.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 04:27   Link #964
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Huh how the heck is WW2 and Shingeki no kyojin connected ??? this is ridiculous ....talk about the idiot that's trolling the net
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 05:07   Link #965
desrtsku
wuaaai!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 21
You never know. If we talk about symbolism anything can be said. For example, I can say :
-the walls represent JSDF
-the titans represents the foreign country hostile to Japan, mainly Reiner and Bert
-Mikasa represent Japan's population
-Eren represents any random country
-Eren's father is USA
-Monkey is China

Eren's father is gone, the walls are broken by Bert and Reiner. Thus what's left for Mikasa to do is fight. And Monkey will become the big bad later on.

Btw I'm not Korean, I just like Korean idols.
__________________
Waaaaiii!
Pls, don't bully!
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 05:50   Link #966
Parchevich
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
I don't think so based on the width of the wall. Since titans are the same shape as humans, ignore the deformations, the wall would need to be wider. Try kneeling and you'll notice that your shins/legs extend behind you when compared to standing up straight. so the wall would have to be wider than what it already is. Ugh, this is hard to explain without a picture. Basically, they would be able to fit 3 or 4 rail tracks on top of the wall instead of just the one that is already there.
Yeah, I got you, they couldn't be kneeling, the wall would have to be wider.

Still, if the base of the wall is underground, the wall titans could be as tall as Colossals. And it would sort of make sense to build the wall this way - after all, titans remove rubble to get to humans, it's not that unreasonable to expect some might start digging as well.
Parchevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 06:38   Link #967
SigUp
Kiririn on vacation!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi View Post
Also, South Koreans seem to have more of a reason to say the death threats. Japan invaded a South Korean island in World War 2 and pretty much pillaged their villages and OVERLY raped their women.
Don't want to start a historic discussion, but that info is far away from the reality. Korean grudges stem from the Japanese occupation from the beginning of the 20th century until the end of World War 2. The entirety of Korea (north and south) was officially annexed and turned into a Japanese colony in 1910. De facto Japan established military, economic and political dominance over the Korean peninsula following the outbreak of the Russo-Japanese War 1904.
__________________
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 07:08   Link #968
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
How many feet is equal to 1 meter? Cause the one in the wall looks like it's around 40 meters, give or take a few. Also, Annie, Reiner, and Berthold may not have known that there are titans in the wall. If they did it would have made more sense to tear the walls apart and release the titans in it than destroy a gate that can be sealed up given time and strategy.
Or perhaps they know and they specifically avoided destroying the walls, aiming for the way more protected gates instead.

There's the fact that Reiner and Berthold aren't exactly in friendly terms with the other titans, and it doesn't seem that their objective is something as simple as the total annihilation of humankind.

We don't know for example why did they wait 5 years to launch the attack on the second wall, and we don't know why was Annie aiming for the military police (Reiner and Berthold probably did too since they worked hard to be on top).

If you add the fact that then their plan completely changed when Erengelion showed up then it is most likely that breaking the walls to them was a just a mean and not their true end.

Perhaps awakening all those colossal titans could have made reaching that objective even harder depending on what it is.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 12:15   Link #969
Sasukeuzi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
How in the bloody hell does that justify sending death threats to Shingeki no Kyojin author.
Don't play an apologist to pitiful actions of a few crazy internet loons.

I AM a Japanese, if someone started sending me death threats for shit I have nothing to do with, trust me, I'd have that person arrested without any remorse. Using what you listed above to justify hate is borderline religious fanaticism.

Ever read One Piece? Do you know who Hody Jones is? Yeah. He's a pristine representation of the new generation internet hate mongers.
Not saying I'm justifying it. I honestly don't care about what happened and I hate when my Mom keeps on bringing the subject up. That crap just happened in the past so I'd like to just leave it there.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 13:31   Link #970
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Back on the manga discussion just noticed a ton of people call the colossal titan's and wall titans the same but.

For one the wall titans are about 20 feet smaller.

For 2 they have skin as you can see in the pic actually that titan looks pretty freaking old is he even fit for combat or is it from being stuck in the wall so long and being deprived of sunlight.

Then again event the group of Reiner,Berthold, And Annie avoided taking the walls down so maybe the wall titans are complete titans not as complete as the ape but more full grown than what we have seen so far.

you say they are 20 feet smaller, but did you forget the basis for making big structures?
They need support underground(sorry if word is wrong, it is not my mother languange but it is called fundation i think).so the difference may be only about 5-7 feet at most.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-07-01 at 20:38.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 13:18   Link #971
cordovaputra
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Smile

Guys, this is my opinion about Marco's death :
the possible explanations of why Marco died :
First, before Jean's squad has been ordered to move out by a curly-hair senior. Annie said :
" can we deviate from orders if we're in dangerous? "
then the curly-hair man answered " if it'll do"

And second, when Jean stucked with his 3DMG, Connie looks so worried but Annie doesn't ( i know she's cold, but when i take a deeper looks, she doesn't care about Jean ).

Third, when Marco finally saved Jean. He ran away to unknown course, then Connie was the one who starts to save Jean, not Annie. In fact, why Connie was the one who jumped from the roof and hit the Titan's face? where's Annie? i believe she's out of course and heading somewhere else, to do her secret purposes.

Okay, back there. When Marco died, he's been slashed ( he lost his left piece, right? ), well titans don't do that. They eat, and if they spit him out, it will possible that Marco will lose his eyes, half of his body, or just a hand like Moses. But then, he's not. So, why Annie said "I'm sorry?" and she doesn't even look at the corpse, she just frowned. Reiner thoughts that she said that to the corpse in front of him, right? but she doesn't even pay attention to the corpse.

THAT'S WHY, i can say, she's the murderer. And she also wants Jean to be killed. And the other facts based on the manga, her father said that she has to think that everybody is her enemy. Right? so i suppose, and i believe what in Annie's mind at the time, is what her father's said.

The last strike is : The 3DMG was found used by Annie.
Maybe, this is her plan to take the 3DMG and hide it on her room. Because she wants to join the Military Police, and MP doesn't allow to use 3DMG, right?. This will be connected to the death of Sonny and Bean, also Rivaille's Squad during the battle against her female-type titan.

So, i think it's clear enough. What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I think it was implied Annie killed him, because she had his 3DM Gear.

Edit:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Now I'm looking over it again. I think your hypotheses is more likely.

The wounds seems like something a titan would inflict. This means Annie probably got Marco's 3DM Gear of his corpse.
cordovaputra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 13:57   Link #972
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
emh.... this is manga discussion, if you don't want to be spoilered you should head to anime thread.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 15:15   Link #973
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordovaputra View Post
Guys, this is my opinion about Marco's death :
the possible explanations of why Marco died :
First, before Jean's squad has been ordered to move out by a curly-hair senior. Annie said :
" can we deviate from orders if we're in dangerous? "
then the curly-hair man answered " if it'll do"

And second, when Jean stucked with his 3DMG, Connie looks so worried but Annie doesn't ( i know she's cold, but when i take a deeper looks, she doesn't care about Jean ).

Third, when Marco finally saved Jean. He ran away to unknown course, then Connie was the one who starts to save Jean, not Annie. In fact, why Connie was the one who jumped from the roof and hit the Titan's face? where's Annie? i believe she's out of course and heading somewhere else, to do her secret purposes.

Okay, back there. When Marco died, he's been slashed ( he lost his left piece, right? ), well titans don't do that. They eat, and if they spit him out, it will possible that Marco will lose his eyes, half of his body, or just a hand like Moses. But then, he's not. So, why Annie said "I'm sorry?" and she doesn't even look at the corpse, she just frowned. Reiner thoughts that she said that to the corpse in front of him, right? but she doesn't even pay attention to the corpse.

THAT'S WHY, i can say, she's the murderer. And she also wants Jean to be killed. And the other facts based on the manga, her father said that she has to think that everybody is her enemy. Right? so i suppose, and i believe what in Annie's mind at the time, is what her father's said.

The last strike is : The 3DMG was found used by Annie.
Maybe, this is her plan to take the 3DMG and hide it on her room. Because she wants to join the Military Police, and MP doesn't allow to use 3DMG, right?. This will be connected to the death of Sonny and Bean, also Rivaille's Squad during the battle against her female-type titan.

So, i think it's clear enough. What do you think?
I'm not yet convinced Annie killed him.

The scene about Jean being saved by Annie and the rest wasn't in the manga so it isn't good material to base our theory on. The Second thing which I disagree with is that Marco's wound is inflicted by a blade. It is to big and rough to have been made by a blade. It looks more like a bite inflicted wound.

A random Titan probably just killed Marco and Annie took his 3DMG afterward, but it is still possible Marco died because of Annie. Annie could have created a situation where Marco got in a situation where he would be killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
emh.... this is manga discussion, if you don't want to be spoilered you should head to anime thread.
From the evidence he/she is using in his/her post it seems like he/she has read the manga.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 15:38   Link #974
Leggif
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
So on to a new topic. Is it possible that titans are similar to vampires in that if they are unable to finish eating a human the human would eventually turn into a titan as well?

As seen in this picture the titan is unable to finish eating and leaves.

And then in this picture we see that there is a titan that was "made" on the exact spot. Although we do not know if this is the exact same human it raises some questions.

With this picture it is undeniable that the titan was a human before.

So. Titans. Just big versions of vampires?
Leggif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 16:11   Link #975
Leggif
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
And also I want to say that it seems that if titans eat enough humans they will be will be able to turn into humans.

Someone recognizes Ymir here to be a titan that they have seen from before.

and here the guy refers to the fact that only titans can only move at night. He then points to Ymir stating that she should know this better than anyone.
Does this mean that Ymir used to be a titan not a titan-shifter? Because titan-shifters can certainly move around at nighttime. So that means Ymir recently transformed from a titan to a titan-shifter. What would that change be?
One speculation I have is that through eating enough humans, titans can eventually become humans too otherwise why else would titans eat humans?
Leggif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 18:52   Link #976
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I'm not yet convinced Annie killed him.

The scene about Jean being saved by Annie and the rest wasn't in the manga so it isn't good material to base our theory on. The Second thing which I disagree with is that Marco's wound is inflicted by a blade. It is to big and rough to have been made by a blade. It looks more like a bite inflicted wound.

A random Titan probably just killed Marco and Annie took his 3DMG afterward, but it is still possible Marco died because of Annie. Annie could have created a situation where Marco got in a situation where he would be killed.
Though I think Annie is unlikely the one who killed Macro (since he was busy distracting the titan). After when Jean found his body, he couldn't tell how Marco died. Either bitten by a titan, or died in an accident? But, he informed Eren that Marco died by an unknown cause shortly after the graduation.

Spoiler:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:47   Link #977
hyper_oats
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Here's something cool I just noticed after a bit of rereading. Remember the scene where Irwin gives his speech and everyone but Annie decides to join up for the Scouting Legion? Check out this picture here: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/21416/s...ch21_by_tdx/28

Notice something? Bert isn't in there. The mangaka could have just forgotten to draw him in, but that seems a bit silly and random. He's been very good with details so far. Go to the page right before it. Irwin welcomes the recruits into the Scouting Legion, thanks them for their bravery and asks everyone to dedicate their lives to the cause. Notice it now?

Bert's the odd one out. He's the only one that was completely insincere. That's why he wasn't included on that page. Everyone else there really meant it on some level. What about Reiner? We now know as of chapter 46 that Reiner started deluding himself into believing he really was a soldier of humanity. And Ymir? She may not seem to be on anyone's side at the moment. But then again, she risked her life to save other trainees. She also formed relationships with Christa and Sasha, maybe more. Clearly stated that she was there (on humanity's side) for her own sake and was going to help Eren until she got threatened.

That's some very nice attention to detail.
hyper_oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 01:08   Link #978
desrtsku
wuaaai!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_oats View Post
Here's something cool I just noticed after a bit of rereading. Remember the scene where Irwin gives his speech and everyone but Annie decides to join up for the Scouting Legion? Check out this picture here: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/21416/s...ch21_by_tdx/28

Notice something? Bert isn't in there. The mangaka could have just forgotten to draw him in, but that seems a bit silly and random. He's been very good with details so far. Go to the page right before it. Irwin welcomes the recruits into the Scouting Legion, thanks them for their bravery and asks everyone to dedicate their lives to the cause. Notice it now?

Bert's the odd one out. He's the only one that was completely insincere. That's why he wasn't included on that page. Everyone else there really meant it on some level. What about Reiner? We now know as of chapter 46 that Reiner started deluding himself into believing he really was a soldier of humanity. And Ymir? She may not seem to be on anyone's side at the moment. But then again, she risked her life to save other trainees. She also formed relationships with Christa and Sasha, maybe more. Clearly stated that she was there (on humanity's side) for her own sake and was going to help Eren until she got threatened.

That's some very nice attention to detail.
Nice catch! I wonder how they'll do this in the anime.
__________________
Waaaaiii!
Pls, don't bully!
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 19:08   Link #979
hyper_oats
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Nice catch! I wonder how they'll do this in the anime.
I remember reading some time ago about how it was strange Bert wasn't there with the rest of the cast. If the author was foreshadowing that two of them were titans that caused the wall event, shouldn't Reiner also be missing? But when I saw the "YESSIR!" last time, it made sense to me.

He may have said it along with the other trainees off screen, but he was the only one who was outright lying. This fits in with the rest of the manga too. Bert's the only one whose shown no remorse at all compared to Annie or Reiner. He broke down the gate a second time, rarely interacts with people and hasn't made any friends either.

Here's another one in the same chapter, a couple of pages later that someone else pointed out: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/21416/s...ch21_by_tdx/30

Notice the page and the one after that. You can tell Bert's acting suspicious but it's only after reading chapter 46 that you can really tell what's going on.
hyper_oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 04:30   Link #980
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
Seems that this page is somehow related to Chapter 46 about being Warrior/Soldier thingy

richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.