AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-06, 11:18   Link #1021
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I knew that they would take Christa! I knew it!

I wonder what will happen now, I doubt they'll simply lose Reiner without doing nothing. I think they'll probably end up saving Eren somehow, but Ymir will flee with Christa.

This might also be the time where one among either Reiner or Berthold will die.
For me, Berth would likely be the one to raise the death flag. But Reiner? Nah, he should live for a time being, so that he has a score to settle with Ymir & Christa/Historia.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 11:23   Link #1022
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I believe all she cares about is Historia and screw the rest...hell, she even said it herself that as long as she gets to see her then she doesn't care about her future.
Which was the only way to convince him his options were either "wait a bit while Ymir got Christa" or "die right now because Ymir is crazy". If they didn't believe she was, indeed, that crazy, they'd have just pressed on, and then what?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 13:26   Link #1023
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
maybe reiner stays back to allow berth and ymir to flee and gets caught like annie?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 14:22   Link #1024
desrtsku
wuaaai!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
maybe reiner stays back to allow berth and ymir to flee and gets caught like annie?
Ymir and Bert have no means to runaway because of the characteristics of their titans, that completely beats the purpose.
__________________
Waaaaiii!
Pls, don't bully!
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 14:49   Link #1025
erdii
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Turkey
ı hope Eren just sleeps all time so we can see some plot improvement and learn something about Titans. if he manages to escape this time again it will get annoying
__________________
erdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 15:35   Link #1026
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Ymir and Bert have no means to runaway because of the characteristics of their titans, that completely beats the purpose.
Actually didn't they say that Ymir is the fastest?
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 16:29   Link #1027
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Ymir jumped on Reiner's back in order to escape. She's probably the most mobile of the titans but below average when it comes to stamina.
__________________
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 16:35   Link #1028
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Or still tired from her fight and limb regeneration. Which in the short term comes to the same thing, though.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 23:21   Link #1029
J the Drafter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
I'm here because I went on a manga-version reading binge after some asshole posted a spoiler in a video. (I know, I know! I just wanted to see comments and figured no one would actually be enough of a jerk to post large spoilers in a video of Sasha's scene with the drill sergeant.) I have to say the story looks good so far.
__________________
Ein: “There’s nothing. Dreams are illusions. All they do is interfere with reality.”
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 01:15   Link #1030
Mubyoshi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
I... found Ymir strangely sexy when not in her Titan form this chapter...
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 01:28   Link #1031
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
Somehow Reiner is very afraid of Erwin the commander of the Scouting legion.

He's not afraid of Mikasa why would he be afraid of him? Hmmm......
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 01:50   Link #1032
Thoutzan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Somehow Reiner is very afraid of Erwin the commander of the Scouting legion.

He's not afraid of Mikasa why would he be afraid of him? Hmmm......
He mentioned Levi, too, in a fearful manner.
Actually I like these three "villain" and I believe they will either find redemption or be proven to be the "righteous" ones. I hope none of them dies soon.
So
Thank goodness Levi is not there!!!
Thoutzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 04:08   Link #1033
Jun pls
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Someone on mangafox mentioned how it's weird that Ymir's titan form is male (and not like Annie's female) and now some people are wondering if Ymir is, in fact, a guy disguising himself as a girl to get closer to Christa
Not sure what to think about it, but I would certainly think it'd be funny.
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 04:22   Link #1034
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post
Someone on mangafox mentioned how it's weird that Ymir's titan form is male (and not like Annie's female) and now some people are wondering if Ymir is, in fact, a guy disguising himself as a girl to get closer to Christa
Not sure what to think about it, but I would certainly think it'd be funny.
I`m pretty 100% sure Ymir is female.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 05:52   Link #1035
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post
Someone on mangafox mentioned how it's weird that Ymir's titan form is male (and not like Annie's female) and now some people are wondering if Ymir is, in fact, a guy disguising himself as a girl to get closer to Christa
Not sure what to think about it, but I would certainly think it'd be funny.
Ymir is from one of the oldest generation, while Annie represents to current generation (maybe same as Eren's) whose titan body is more 'evolved' than Ymir's, which considered primitive/primal in physical appearance.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 07:01   Link #1036
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
does anyone else think that ymir becoming "normal" again has to do with eating berth and riner's friend? It was about the time of the plague and we know grisha-sensei saved hundreds of lives. Probably he used the titan serum to cure humankind and having ymir eaten villagers who took the serum she became capable of thinking again.The problem is why connie's villagers don't seem to be able to think straight. The time needed to become "normal" may vary on person and so they were all killed before they had the chance of returning human? And if for chance some titan of the assault against the tower survived(maybe connie's mother who is stuck in the house) , would they have managed to return human since in theory they should have taken grissha's serum?Does it have anything to do with the ape titan's dna who at the moment seems to be a true irregular titan?
And the last question i have, shouldn t the walls have been the last fortress of humans? so Why do they need ape titan's help to reach their hometown.


edit: on wiki it says there is a prequel light novel. Someone who read it knows if there are any hints? wikiquote:
" Light novel[edit]
A light novel series titled "Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the Fall", written by Suzukaze Ryo and illustrated by Isayama Hajime began on December 2, 2011. Its story is set before the events of the manga and it is published by Kodansha. Three volumes have been published so far. "

Last edited by Breimoon; 2013-07-07 at 07:54.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 14:26   Link #1037
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Also, it seems Reiner, Bertholdt, and Ymir are incorrectly assuming that Eren has had the same kind of past as them (I.e. being a titan without self-awareness for decades killed some people in the process)

Who the heck knows what Eren did in his past. The may know more than us for instance they need Eren want christa they have to go back to the wall for something. It is clear they want to get access to Eren's dad basement.


Also it has been confirmed human titans start as titans then turn back into humans. Ymir was probably a deviant who lead a group of titan but was outcasted once she became a human titan.

And death flags everywhere lol aside from eren no one is safe.

Aslo I hope this manga changes pace soon. This giving us a little bit of plot development big long battle stuff is getting annoying. After this lets have 2 longer chapters of plot development and no battles that would just be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
so Titans are like Menos Grande from Bleach

they wander around operating on instinct until one day, they get lucky, a personality emerges from within and they become self aware again

I'm willing to bet that it only applies to natural hybrids though

Eren is probably something else altogether
You just reminded me how bad ass hollows were and how bleach turned them into freaking fodder Im sad now .
__________________
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 17:39   Link #1038
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
I`m pretty 100% sure Ymir is female.
You got down on her ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoutzan View Post
He mentioned Levi, too, in a fearful manner.
Actually I like these three "villain" and I believe they will either find redemption or be proven to be the "righteous" ones. I hope none of them dies soon.
There is nothing righteous about destroying a wall allowing Titans to eat humans ..

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-07-07 at 21:44. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Uchiha Kesuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 21:42   Link #1039
Kaizokugami
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Over there >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Kesuke
There is nothing righteous about destroying a wall allowing Titans to eat humans ..
True, but we still don't know their true motive for doing what they did, other than eradicating humanity. It appears they were doing it because they had no other alternatives at the time, but now they do.

On-topic. I don't like how the author keeps giving us more questions than answers, at this rate we won't get any answers for months.

I feel like Hannes just got a huge death flag this chapter. Especially with his declaration that he'll save Eren even if it costs him his life. I hope he doesn't die. Any more deaths on his behalf and Eren will die from a guilt-trip.

I have to say I found Connie's interaction with Ymir quite comical. I was certain she was going to squash him like a fly when he stomped her on the head so I'm glad that didn't happen.

Seeing the way Ymir abducted Historia was both shocking and disturbing at the same time, I expected her to grab her or something. Wouldn't eating her be quite dangerous as opposed to holding her in her hand? I mean, even if she survives I'm sure Historia won't exactly appreciate being eaten and regurgitated. I honestly can't see Historia taking this immense betrayal lightly either.

Am I the only one who wants to see some kind of rivalry between Reiner and Ymir for Historia's affections?

In any case, I hope we got some answers and soon at that.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 01:06   Link #1040
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
[QUOTE=Uchiha Kesuke;4750913]You got down on her ?

Well...in anime, Ymir is wearing Lipstick.

In the manga, we can clearly see her breast popping up so this is solid hard evidence that Ymir is female unless the author would troll us on her gender.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.