AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-02, 17:09   Link #1101
Ruben7227
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Welcome to the discussion.

Regarding your theory the possibility that Christa is a Titan at this point cannot be excluded, actually we are pretty much certain that anyone can become a titan at this point, the question is whether Christa can transform and remain in control or that she is aware of that.

I'd say that she probably isn't aware, because she had many situations she could have used her power before and she never did. The only alternative is that she'd rather die than using her titan powers (which cannot be excluded I guess).

On the suggestion that Christa might have been Reiner and Co. original objective, I'd say that it's more likely false.

In the latest chapter Reiner explains to Bert why Christa is important and why she could be useful. He wouldn't need to tell him that if Christa was the very reason they killed thousand of people.
Moreover Reiner in his explanation seems to imply that Christa might be useful for her knowledge and not for some kind of titan power. Reiner mentions some "coordinate" as the thing that they are looking for and the possibility that Eren might not be that "coordinate".
I that case Christa is implied to be useful to locate that "coordinate" and not as the coordinate itself.

"Coordinate" is, to me, a strange word to use in that context. It really does look like they are looking for a person. Who it could be I have no idea. The only person that comes to mind other than Eren would be Mikasa. Her overall ability is something that even to the military, is rare and extraordinary. But take that has baseless speculation. Could be anyone, really.
Ruben7227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 18:40   Link #1102
FinalAvalanche
Frost Meister
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Honestly there is still a faint chance Ymir is good and preparing a powerplay. Going back for Historia not only gave the expedition more time to catch up but also gave the slower Reiner and Berthold more time to out run the titans. Fighting in the forest was high risk due to titans so now she can either help Eren and the Scouts or Help fight Reiner and Berthold. She is a huge wild card one sided selfish love is always unpredictable. Either way next chapter a fight is going to happen.
I think this theory is really likely. Why would someone cunning like Ymir side with mentally unstable Reiner who isn't even in touch with reality some of the time? And even if Reiner agrees to protect Historia, who says his superiors (whoever they are) will agree to that. And Ymir is already established as being jealous of Reiner when it comes to Historia, so it doesn't make sense for her to agree to something that means he'll be around Historia alot. And while I'm pretty sure that Ymir isn't aware of Reiner hurting Historia's leg outside of Castle Utgard, that shows that his mental instability makes him a danger to her. In fact ever since that scene I've been convinced that he's going to attack her again or try to rape her if he ever has another episode like that.
FinalAvalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 10:34   Link #1103
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
After reading AoT Manga for the umpteenth times, I think characters like Pixis and Erwin are really rare and not many would be able to follow their footstep in leading.

Why do i say that?

Imagine if you are Erwin and you know that in order to accomplishes a certain task to save humanity, you need to sacrifice lots of close comrades that you may have known each other for quite some times. Ask yourself this question.....would you sacrifices people you know and love for humanity?

That is why Erwin and Pixis deserves the highest respect in Attack of Titan for me because I would not be able to do what they accomplishes.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 02:20   Link #1104
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
After reading AoT Manga for the umpteenth times, I think characters like Pixis and Erwin are really rare and not many would be able to follow their footstep in leading.

Why do i say that?

Imagine if you are Erwin and you know that in order to accomplishes a certain task to save humanity, you need to sacrifice lots of close comrades that you may have known each other for quite some times. Ask yourself this question.....would you sacrifices people you know and love for humanity?

That is why Erwin and Pixis deserves the highest respect in Attack of Titan for me because I would not be able to do what they accomplishes.
I am just going to flat out say 2 facts about the military.

It is pretty simple soldiers make those decisions everyday and in the past. Idk if you're American or not but ww2 has the two biggest instances of this. One the sacrificing of innocents in the nuking japan to get their army to finally surrender, And number 2n would be the attack on Normandy which if you are not familiar with you should look up.

Also finally if you are not willing to die for your country you have no business being a soldier.

Hold it one more final point Erwin plans are to high risk he never uses a trojan hoarse and he is to paranoid which creates unnecessary losses and creates bad situation. The whole reason for Reiner and Berthold attacking when they did is for him giving out the information to draw them out. Why draw out the 2 people who can over power you. Actually if more than 2 people were titan traitors he and the entire army would have been screwed. He thinks to many moves ahead as if his plans and counter plans will always work with out factoring in the present and missing variables. He often moves to much before all obtainable data has been factored in which is something that never would happen in todays armed forces.
__________________
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 05:59   Link #1105
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Well, 48's exciting.

Spoilers
Spoiler for 48
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
LuxorMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 07:46   Link #1106
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
only managed to find a few images and spoilers at the moment , is it true that
Spoiler for 48:
Breimoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:44   Link #1107
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
only managed to find a few images and spoilers at the moment , is it true that
Spoiler for 48:
Those are fake spoilers.

The translated chapter is up right now.
chaos_alfa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:19   Link #1108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
lol Ymir

Ymir: It's not so bad outside the walls.
Christa: Except for titans trying to eat you!
Ymir: Yeah but if you ignore that bit, they're pretty cool!

She's the craziest titan. And that's saying a lot considering Reiner's behavior these past couple chapters.

Mikasa was awesome in this chapter. She was ready to strike down anybody who opposed her to get her precious Eren back.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:41   Link #1109
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orange Road
Age: 24
best chapter, so intense

and a good reminder why Mikasa is the best girl.

which hasn't been shown much lately
__________________
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:42   Link #1110
JamJackEvo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Planet Earth
I think the crowning moment of WTF was Erwin baiting those Titans from all over. The guy is definitely like Aizen, often looking a little illogical at the present but oh so devious and cunning in the future when his plans are revealed.

My God, I'm so pumped to know what's gonna happen in the next chapter!!!
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:08   Link #1111
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
For a while Mikasa had started to accept others and worry about them but after this it's clear that she's starting to give less of a fuck about everyone other than Eren (and Armin) more and more.

But let's see...it looks like the titan power can be "stolen" according to Ymir, meaning it's likely something akin to the injection given to Eren by his father...it could even be that Eren's dad stole the titan power as well instead of creating it.

And the Titan Village where Bert and Reiner are from seems to be very dangerous and powerful (which makes sense if just two of their soldiers could cause so much damage to the walls in a surprise attack), to a where even Ymir fears them even within the walls. This is a major foreshadowing of the final boss.

Ymir on the other hand seems to be losing it out of desperation.........seriously "If you ignore that little bit..." but that little bit is that they are trying to kill them, kind of hard to ignore it. I didn't really like Historia's reaction though...sure, she wants to help and be by Ymir's side but she seems like she'd willingly go with her to the titan village, after all they had done.

BTW, there's a mistake in one of the panels of page 39 where Reiner is supposed to be covering Bert and Eren yet he's running normally xD
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:28   Link #1112
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
WOW 48 was awesome. Mikasa just got +1000000000 points for me and went badass mode. Page 34...
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:29   Link #1113
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
But let's see...it looks like the titan power can be "stolen" according to Ymir, meaning it's likely something akin to the injection given to Eren by his father...it could even be that Eren's dad stole the titan power as well instead of creating it.

And the Titan Village where Bert and Reiner are from seems to be very dangerous and powerful (which makes sense if just two of their soldiers could cause so much damage to the walls in a surprise attack), to a where even Ymir fears them even within the walls. This is a major foreshadowing of the final boss.
None of what Ymir said to Christa after her initial attempt to convince her failed is true. She was bullshitting in order to manipulate Christa into coming with her. The best way to do that was to make herself appear as a victim who desperately needs Christa's help, which is not the case at all.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:32   Link #1114
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
None of what Ymir said to Christa is true. She was bullshitting in order to manipulate Christa into coming with her. The best way to do that was to make herself appear as a victim who desperately needs Christa's help, which is not the case at all.
You may be right...dammit.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:34   Link #1115
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
None of what Ymir said to Christa after her initial attempt to convince her failed is true. She was bullshitting in order to manipulate Christa into coming with her. The best way to do that was to make herself appear as a victim who desperately needs Christa's help, which is not the case at all.
That could be true, which is kind of disappointing. Would you say the same for Bertholdt too? They're quite the actors then.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:42   Link #1116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
That could be true, which is kind of disappointing. Would you say the same for Bertholdt too? They're quite the actors then.
No, I think Bert was sincere. Ymir lied because she had no other choice. She tried to tell her the truth at first (that she chose to go along with Bert and Reiner because there's no future inside the walls) but it didn't work. So instead she told her what Christa wanted to hear.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:48   Link #1117
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No, I think Bert was sincere. Ymir lied because she had no other choice. She tried to tell her the truth at first (that she chose to go along with Bert and Reiner because there's no future inside the walls) but it didn't work. So instead she told her what Christa wanted to hear.
That's a good way of interpreting it, but couldn't she also just mean that she can't hide in the walls forever?
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 13:01   Link #1118
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
I agree with Kanon, what Ymir said was probably a lie. If she told Historia something like "you need to come with me because else you'll die with everyone else" she would have probably refused, asking Ymir to help her to save everyone isntead. But putting it like that "I need you to save me" without mentioning that someone else was in danger was a sure way to get her cooperation.

Ymir really knows everything about Historia.


Now I'm even more curious to know what could have possibly driven Berthold and Reiner to do what they did.

Also damn Irvin... that was very like him to go with such a crazy plan, from a humane standpoint it's pretty terrifying but I guess I can't deny that he is right in factoring the sacrifice of hundreds of his men as acceptable in order to gain even the smallest victory against the titans.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 13:02   Link #1119
JamJackEvo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
That's a good way of interpreting it, but couldn't she also just mean that she can't hide in the walls forever?
Magilla Gorilla did climb the wall, and if he's one of the enemies Ymir fears would kill her in the future, then her fears are valid. What a creepy-ass ape...
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 13:02   Link #1120
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I agree with Kanon, what Ymir said was probably a lie. If she told Historia something like "you need to come with me because else you'll die with everyone else" she would have probably refused, asking Ymir to help her to save everyone isntead. But putting it like that "I need you to save me" without mentioning that someone else was in danger was a sure way to get her cooperation.

Ymir really knows everything about Historia.


Now I'm even more curious to know what could have possibly driven Berthold and Reiner to do what they did.

Also damn Irvin... that was very like him to go with such a crazy plan, from a humane standpoint it's pretty terrifying but I guess I can't deny that he is right in factoring the sacrifice of hundreds of his men as acceptable in order to gain even the smallest victory against the titans.
I don't know if it's really about the "smallest" victory. I think he just realizes how important Eren is to getting information and a large victory over the titans.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.