AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-09, 16:12   Link #1161
Sasukeuzi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
The latest chapter is so intense, and Irvin remains at the top of my favourite characters! It's a nice move to stall Berthold and Reiner but I wonder if he's willing to sacrifice most of his crew just to get Eren (and Christia) back. He even led the police squad to their grave and now maybe his own people as well.
He's one of my favorite characters too, but it seems like he's TOO used to sacrificing lives. I remember what Armin said about great people having the guts to sacrifice their fellow men, but Irvin is going reaaaaal far with this. If anything, now Reiner, Bert, and Ymir are guaranteed to get stopped, but I feel like Monkey Troubles is going to come in and order the Titans to stop or something.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 16:52   Link #1162
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't see a problem with Irwin's actions. If you can't pull yourself out of a tactical well, drag your enemy to the bottom with you.

Besides, I don't understand why you act like he's sacrificed his people:
- the choice was between doing something about the Titans, which would have been dangerous anyway, and just run away, which is what they're doing;
- when night comes (and it isn't very far) most Titans will stop moving. In the meantime, they're on horses who are faster than the Titans (as long as their stamina holds - that point's worrying).
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 19:44   Link #1163
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Earth's last post of defense
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
There is no one to question that man titans Reiner and Berthold are dead if the could fight that man titans they would never have waited to leave at night. Levi trust Irvin for the simple fact Irvin is far smarter than Levi thus can easily manipulate him.

The human titans have a stamina limit, Berthold can't use his titan form in the woods because he would just be a giant target, Mikasa has proven to be able to match a human titan in 1vs1 combats there was no reason for Ervins plan it throws the chance of capturing a human titan out the window.

Well, you've got a point there. We'll see in the next chapters the fruit of his plan.
__________________
WORDS ARE JUST WORDS UNLESS YOU PUT MEANING INTO IT.
Winterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 19:33   Link #1164
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
don't to mention that Irwin himself was with them unlike other tactician who like to give order from safe seat


By the way, we already know that Yamir = higher up from other titan tribe right? ( that titan who bow to girl who look like her)
+
we know she is not from Reiner tribe who is not from monkey titan tribe
+
what she said that human in living in wall = same as dead
=
I guess it like many though, most humanity become titans but few survive
and the titan who didn't won't their follow human ( friends, family, lover...etc) to become food sacrifice themselves to build the wall
Gundamx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 00:24   Link #1165
Mouretsu
Behemoth Tactical Soldier
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MilkyWay
Just read the last two chapters (47 and 48) and I really love how things are going. Now I just want SOMEONE to die, or few good characters! It will suck of Reiner or Krista go *poof*. I doubt anything will happen to Krista.

--

So I'm gonna lay out some few spoilers, this is just coming from me. So far the story is progressing really well and with a lot of intense moments. I've read few posts and I can see there could be several different tribes and they're probably in conflict with each other - at least the superiors, hence why some of them didn't know other characters were also part of tribes and are Titans themselves. So the mention of "they won't be able to live much longer inside those walls" brings to me few things - One, the King has lived through over a hundred years and is also a Titan, this is a very strong possibility. New characters will indefinitely emerge from both the tribes, the inner wall (forgot which wall was that), the King and those who protect the King - I so freaking hope some cool characters come from the King's side. Also, the palace itself seems more or so corrupted, so maybe the conflict started long ago because of that?

Eren's dad, Grishia, is with the tribes since no one caught glimpse of him for the past 5+ years. And seriously, when are we going to go to that basement?

I also think the anime series for the first season will end with Annie being extracted from her Titan form turning into a solid hard crystal (makes you wonder how she did that, fuck I wanna know more about her!). The BDs/DVDs are selling very hot at the moment, if that keeps up, with the manga, then I wouldn't be surprised for a second series. Who would want to stop there when this cash-cow is milking so much money?

And I lost myself when they were talking about Krista. I don't have the slightest clue what's so special about her, other than being an illegitimate child from a noble family (was it the King's? Who's the father and the mother? Did she have siblings? These questions circle my head non-stop).
Mouretsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 04:17   Link #1166
Mubyoshi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Man, I could feel Mikasa's anger this chapter, was surprised she stopped and talked. I personally would have went with Eren route and killed them all. Bert sure acts like a little bitch despite being the one that pretty much created hell for Eren and the others.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 06:08   Link #1167
JamJackEvo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Planet Earth
You could say that when he broke down Wall Maria, he was only 11 at the time and didn't really grasp the carnage his action had done. Fast forward to five years later, he did it again, this time understanding and grasping the consequences of what he was about to do but doing it anyway because there was no turning back. He can no longer turn back after breaching Wall Maria.

That makes him almost a tragic character, but there's little info we can garner to really categorize him as such. For all we know, that whole "I really do think of us as comrades!" speech was an act he pulled up for some reason unknown to us. Something is driving them forward. Something is making them do this, though it seems Reiner is more reluctant of the whole thing than Bertholdt is. We can only figure out more in future chapters...
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 07:15   Link #1168
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Earth's last post of defense
My thoughts, imbecile titans cannot speak--humanity has been lost to them--they remain titans as they embrace being one.
__________________
WORDS ARE JUST WORDS UNLESS YOU PUT MEANING INTO IT.
Winterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 10:27   Link #1169
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
I know this might seem a little simplistic but I think that the reason titans eat humans is that they were ordered to. We already know the Ape Titan can order around the titans; that they have no need to eat humans and that they don't eat anything apart from humans. They also chase after humans suicidally and focus all attention on it.

Abberants are just titans with different orders in the battlefield, titans may just be very obedient super soldiers in a war that happened many years ago that still rages on. Could also be why the smart titans seem so afraid of the Ape Titan, their former commander that they're terrified of
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 12:45   Link #1170
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
i wonder why the order " to eat" instead of "to kill" was made then. If they were focused on killing they would be much more lethal, especially the abberants
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 07:12   Link #1171
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
i wonder why the order " to eat" instead of "to kill" was made then. If they were focused on killing they would be much more lethal, especially the abberants
That's a good point. I think the key factor is probably related to the same reason Eren had to think about a specific "purpose" to transform into a titan.

Regular titans have lost their mental faculties and so their impulses are primordial. Eating is of course a very basic impulse that even lesser creatures possess, however the reason why they specifically target humans is unclear.

If it was a specific order then it was done by some kind of sadistic man who wanted to strike fear on his enemies at the expense of a better functionality.

If not it could be a random side-effect of the titan transformation. It could be something similar to Trichophagia that compels the subject to eat his own hair.

Perhaps titans are attracted to humans because subconsciously they wish for human contacts and to return among them, but their limited mental faculties leave them with few available options to interact with others, so the only thing they can do is eat.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 08:30   Link #1172
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
You know, I see Reiner death flag here.....
__________________
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 09:21   Link #1173
Raviel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
You know, I see Reiner death flag here.....

I just wish that anyone characters who might have some plot-relevant information actually reveal it if/when they're going to die.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 15:56   Link #1174
ginger02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
There's something I've wondered. In the manga, folks already know more about the smarter titans and who they are. I was wondering, for those ones, are their motivations revealed? Do they know what they are doing when they transform, and sort of play a role as a double agent, or is it something else?
ginger02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 18:49   Link #1175
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Irvin leading everyone to their deaths.Still my favorite character
__________________
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/clipboard01vt.jpg
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 22:16   Link #1176
chikkychappy
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Irvin leading everyone to their deaths.Still my favorite character
Same here. I'm actually liking him more because of it.
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 08:56   Link #1177
JamJackEvo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Planet Earth
This response was for Genjichan from this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
They were too desperate.... stupid actions often happen....Oh, the walls themselves is questionable.... How the hell were they able to build it under possible continues attack of Titans... unless the did some diversionary tactic to keep the building away from the Titan's notice....
Spoiler for Some might think it's spoilers, even though this info was taken from HIDDEN MESSAGES in Volume 1 of the manga's cover. Is that still considered spoilers?:
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 03:31   Link #1178
Sasukeuzi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
Same here. I'm actually liking him more because of it.
He's a man who'll do anything to achieve results. He's one of my favorite characters, but characters like him always kind of disturb and intrigue me.
And because of him, so many death flags were put up. ARGH
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 20:29   Link #1179
chikkychappy
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi View Post
And because of him, so many death flags were put up. ARGH
including his own
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 13:39   Link #1180
Sasukeuzi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
including his own
Ah snap. Well tbh, I think that without him, the Scouting Legion would be lost. Levi seems like a leader, but he just doesn't have the wit and sneakiness that Irwin and the other leaders have. The guy is also shrouded in mystery too, so without him a lot of things would be left unsaid.
I feel like things are gonna botch up and Irwin is going to be in a lot of heat for this when it's over.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.