AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-05, 21:18   Link #1281
Xero8420

Guys. You do know about the trope saying, that sometimes 'Good is Not Nice'?

Either way, you should consider that Annie is one of the Chekhov's Gunmen in this series. So I'm pretty sure Isayama is planning for it.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 21:43   Link #1282
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAyKeR View Post
What IF the Titan which ate Eren's mother
Spoiler for spoil:

Look at his previous apperance and also when Eren and Mikasa were saving Eren's mother, then Armin was absent during it. Moreover it might also be a hint about his "wisdom".
But the Titan has black hair in anime... unless animators made massive mistake.
Old 2013-09-05, 23:56   Link #1283
oompa loompa

Annie is the shiznit ;one of the best antagonists/fallen heroes/villains i've ever seen. Shes not really like bert or reiner, shes the real deal. super elite secrret agent with a license to kill, and almost no bullshit (so she has personality, which is also refreshing and great). Also out of the titans I would put her as the strongest thus far. I don't know why this is up for discussion, and no, no sarcasm intended
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 00:02   Link #1284
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I always liked Oompa Loompas

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 00:51   Link #1285
zibi88

but im more interested in erens fathers words before he disappered....find the basement... everything is in there... learn from them and listen to them.... its like something living was under the basement... maybe a titan that can talk and knows all the history of what is going on... and maybe the key is a way to wake up all the titans inside the walls who in past were protectors (maybe titan shifters).... and in the end they turned themselfs into walls to protect the last of humanity

maybe the plage that happened in past was some kind of virus that was killing people so erens fatehr found out the vaccine but side effect was turning infected people into titans... some of them more resistant were able to become shifters

anyway current chapter it was close to death for mikasa... and mostly she got some heavy injury like broken bones as the titans was squshing her and when she fell from horse she was all in cold sweat remembering the time of beign squished.... but eren mostly will protect her this time and from anger he will level up maybe to get hardening ability
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 01:23   Link #1286
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I think I should throw these words back to you. Hating her for killing off Petra is just plain silly.
No not really, liking/disliking a character is entirely a matter of preference. There's not really anything wrong with disliking a character for killing a character a person liked more. There's plenty more silly reasons for liking a character or not and I'm not going to tell anyone off for that.

I think Annie was ruined for me when kitten went into the Mikasa discussion thread and started talking about how Annie is the best thing since sliced bread, because I actually liked her character a lot more before that.
Old 2013-09-06, 02:05   Link #1287
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Phew. . . . . FTW?! Erwin could still draw a blade with enough strength to leap above Reiner and strike Berthold in spite of blood loss. This leads to one thing--okay, not human spotted. That malnourished titan gave Eren and Mikasa both an exacerbating look. I feel bad for B, R and Y. Actually , I was looking forward to seeing the titan's haven, but guess it would be a rush.

I am going to guess. . .
Spoiler for The titan that devoured their mother:

Quote:
but im more interested in erens fathers words before he disappered....find the basement... everything is in there... learn from them and listen to them.... its like something living was under the basement... maybe a titan that can talk and knows all the history of what is going on... and maybe the key is a way to wake up all the titans inside the walls who in past were protectors (maybe titan shifters).... and in the end they turned themselfs into walls to protect the last of humanity
Maybe the basement is an underground tunnel that leads to various tunnels outside the walls.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-09-06 at 02:22.
Winterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 02:21   Link #1288
Xero8420

^
Did Berth died? I thought Erwin pulled the pin there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
No not really, liking/disliking a character is entirely a matter of preference. There's not really anything wrong with disliking a character for killing a character a person liked more. There's plenty more silly reasons for liking a character or not and I'm not going to tell anyone off for that.

I think Annie was ruined for me when kitten went into the Mikasa discussion thread and started talking about how Annie is the best thing since sliced bread, because I actually liked her character a lot more before that.
Aahh... So you were turned off on Annie because of that fellow who did the fanboy talk. Well, I wouldn't do that if I'm on his shoes. As much as I like Annie a lot, but I won't be a fanboy thrash-talking and bashing around, even though I don't like a few things from Mikasa.

You know, I ought to go for the Annie/Eren/Mikasa threesome, because I feel like it's pointless to keep on fighting against haters anymore. It's just... not worth it. It's not worth fighting anymore, because I got bombarded by them for a numerous times as a shipper.
Old 2013-09-06, 04:32   Link #1289
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Annie a cool character, and she deserves better than Berth.

Hmmm, I am hoping the author is not trolling Annie fans like me, I want her back!!
Old 2013-09-06, 04:45   Link #1290
Xero8420

Is it me or is Armin as if being a psycho? Dang, I thought Berth would transform into Colossal Titan. But it doesn't seems like Reiner has given up either.

Whelp! Eren & Mikasa will be driven into despair when the same titan who ate their mom appeared in front of them. A berserk button for Eren?

Oh well... The next chapter will be a hell of a train wreck.
Old 2013-09-06, 06:23   Link #1291
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post

Excuse me what?!

Don't you f*cking dare to twist my words!

I never said that Annie is perfect and best thing ever in the show! I admitted her faults! All I said is that she has far more things going for her than stone faced Mikasa whose only goal is to protect Eren. She's like a dog.

So excuse me if I offended your fanboying heart over Mikasa. I just said what I thought. While Mikasa did show emotions back when Eren got eaten for the first time, she never showed anything since then and that's where my interest in her started to drop. All it was "Protect Eren, kill everyone who hurts him!". At least I'm not hating on Mikasa because she is adored by so many unlike somebody. So who exactly is a crazy fan?

Besides I'm the one who stopped that argument in the first place and admitted that bringing Annie into this was a bad idea for simple reason that two of them are on opposite sides and people weren't able to separate the two.
Old 2013-09-06, 07:06   Link #1292
Breimoon

guys, come on, both of you relax a bit. Let's discuss the lastest ch instead.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 07:24   Link #1293
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAyKeR View Post
What IF the Titan which ate Eren's mother
Spoiler for spoil:

Look at his previous apperance and also when Eren and Mikasa were saving Eren's mother, then Armin was absent during it. Moreover it might also be a hint about his "wisdom".
Spoiler for ch 49:

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 07:29   Link #1294
kitten320

Well the only thing I can think of is... Armin seriously lost it. He turned from a cry baby into a manipulative psycho. The deeper this show goes, the lesser characters can be called good since all of them are messed up in one way or another.

And while the titans appearance is shocking and exciting I don't think it posses much danger considering that is a normal titan with no super abilities. Though I wonder how Eren's and Mikasa's feeling will play out here and what will Reiner and Bert do now after Armin messed up their brains.
Old 2013-09-06, 07:43   Link #1295
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Spoiler for Spoilers for chapter 49:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Besides I'm the one who stopped that argument in the first place and admitted that bringing Annie into this was a bad idea for simple reason that two of them are on opposite sides and people weren't able to separate the two.
Please don't assume that anyone who disagreed with the arguments you made against Mikasa in the Mikasa thread did so on the grounds of a dislike of Annie or a failure to take account of them being on different sides. Personally, I adore Annie and think she's one of the best characters in the series.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 08:18   Link #1296
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Spoiler for 49:

Quote:
Spoiler for 49:
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 08:24   Link #1297
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Spoiler for 49:

Spoiler for 49:
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 08:24   Link #1298
kitten320

Quote:

Please don't assume that anyone who disagreed with the arguments you made against Mikasa in the Mikasa thread did so on the grounds of a dislike of Annie or a failure to take account of them being on different sides. Personally, I adore Annie and think she's one of the best characters in the series.
I never did, that comment was aimed mostly only at him. I really don't mind people liking Mikasa over Annie, I just don't like how people twist my words.

Regarding Armin, but isn't it too risky no make them mad now? After all they are still in titans territory and having to face mad Reiner/Bert is not the best idea right now.
But yeh, that's probably it. Armin really should get promotion.
Old 2013-09-06, 09:10   Link #1299
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Spoiler for 49:
Spoiler for 49:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Regarding Armin, but isn't it too risky no make them mad now? After all they are still in titans territory and having to face mad Reiner/Bert is not the best idea right now.
But yeh, that's probably it. Armin really should get promotion.
He probably knew it is/was risky, but what choice did he have? It was not without consequences though, because Reiner now seem to have stopped holding back, and it'll probably make for more problems later on, especially if they will now not hold back against the rest of their former comrades...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 09:17   Link #1300
kitten320

I really could see Reiner and Bert going shit crazy and killing everyone in their way now. What do they have to lose?

While them killing people is unforgivable, torturing ex-friend is not a joking matter either. I don't see them letting go on that lightly especially if those 3 grew up together.

In a way, Armin dug out his own grave.

Though I don't see Mikasa and Armin dying any time soon since they are main charas. So no need to worry for them.