AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-11-09, 16:01   Link #1921
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF22 View Post
I believe Hanji was saying that the Titan's neck muscles regenerated too fast for them to verify that a human brain was located in the nape of the neck. They all concluded that normal Titans have their human bodies absorbed by their Titan body.

As for Erwin's creepy smile. I thought it was because Rivaille brought up the point that since the Titans are probably all humans, technically they've been killing people. People who are not in control of their own actions. Looked like Erwin was in shock a little realizing that.
Levi mentioned something about Erwin's past during that smile and Hanji looked confused. So I'm sure there is more to Erwin's smile than just that.
Old 2013-11-09, 16:50   Link #1922
Gundamx

About Erwin's creepy smile.... maybe he got infection?
titan eat his hand >>>> zombi titan Erwin

I like this what if picture....T_T
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Attack on Titan creator Hajime Isayama revealed that he aims to complete his manga in 20 book volumes. Isayama mentioned this during a discussion with fellow manga creator Hiroki Endo (All-Rounder Meguru, Eden - It's an Endless World!) that East Press published in the November issue of the martial arts magazine Gong Kakutogi on Monday.
only 8 vol till the ending...

source
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-in-20-volumes

Last edited by Gundamx; 2013-11-09 at 19:14.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 23:28   Link #1923
brandon279

this chapter only confirmed what we deduced ages ago, the only new point is Irwin hopes to find away to transform into titan shifter to regenerate his arm, then may be he would strike a deal with RAB (good twist)

another issue..... since no blood could be found in Conni village and no signs for resistance ... i think that the titan inducing tool is either a airborne "virus"or telepathic command for already infected people
brandon279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 01:00   Link #1924
Preciize
Them Feels~

Dang, another time skip?

Liked the scene at the end, too bad it won't last for long though >.<
Old 2013-11-10, 20:04   Link #1925
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Levi mentioned something about Erwin's past during that smile and Hanji looked confused. So I'm sure there is more to Erwin's smile than just that.
No he didn't.That was after Erwin's smile.

Erwin began to smile RIGHT when Pixis mentioned the difference between normal titans and shifters is whether or not having assimilated organs.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 10:29   Link #1926
richardtengcy

Humanity will truly win the war if the humans are able to find the serum to turn Titan back to human just like Ymir therefore reaching Eren home basement is the key to the answer.

I bet Erwin smile because he realise something important.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 10:32   Link #1927
Breimoon

if a titan assimilates all the human body except for the brain and the nervous sistem then how did eating a shifter help ymir? Was the skin recicled and the organs remade with titan power?Did the brain receive a stimulus to return to human body?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 10:43   Link #1928
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
if a titan assimilates all the human body except for the brain and the nervous sistem then how did eating a shifter help ymir? Was the skin recicled and the organs remade with titan power?Did the brain receive a stimulus to return to human body?
There's a possibility of reverse DNA engineering. The serum that Eren father created might be the answer in preventing the host from fully assimilates with the titan body. It require an antidote and a strong mind/will.
Old 2013-11-11, 12:51   Link #1929
Shadow5YA

Levi vs Mikasa being an audio only drama CD? That has to be a crime.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 13:37   Link #1930
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
if a titan assimilates all the human body except for the brain and the nervous sistem then how did eating a shifter help ymir?
Do we know for sure, that there is a causal connection to her eating the shifter and her ability to turn back human? IIRC this wasn't really explained in the story but just some fan-based pseudo-conclusion.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 12:37   Link #1931
Breimoon

one shot scans came out, think we can't consider it canon all of it, especially the titan regeneration part.
Old 2013-11-22, 03:08   Link #1932
Kiltias

Course it's not canon, it's a one shot.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 09:56   Link #1933
vincentleu

in the first chapter of both manga and anime, Hannes mentioned that Dr. Jeager (Eren's father) had cure the infectious disease in Shiganshina district. It is possible that he protected the city from the same disaster in Connie's village, if the people turn into titans because of virus infection.
vincentleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 21:11   Link #1934
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Okay, this theory that I'm about to bring up about titans in general may be completely absurd, but give it some thought.
My guess is that the titans' (or at least their leader, which right now is more than likely the Ape Titan) goal to obliterate humanity is derived from punishment; namely how humanity has mistreated the earth and its other earthlings in the past. In other words, titans are somewhat like 'antibodies' that the earth has created in order to protect itself from the 'bacteria' - the humans. Remember how it was said in class that titans have no interest in other animals, and other animals aren't even afraid of them? Remember how the attack on Trost (Year 850) has started by the Colossal Titan (Berthold) right after Sasha talked about raising cattle and sheep for meat; mistreatment of animals?
The more the plot goes on, the more I'm starting to think that Hajime Isayama is (at the very least) vegetarian (if not vegan), and as a vegan, I sure hope so.

With that in mind, Reiner, Berthold and Annie have probably realized what the true meaning behind the titans is, and decided to help the process, for the better.

This story has thrown countless plot twists at us. What if the final major plot twist is actually that the titans devour humans for a just cause? To ensure the earth a better future?

THINK 'BOUT IT, MAN!!!

Last edited by Raincollie; 2013-11-29 at 21:22.
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 05:18   Link #1935
Breimoon

the human titans is a different faction from the normal titans, they don't care about the animals.
Old 2013-11-30, 17:53   Link #1936
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincollie View Post
Okay, this theory that I'm about to bring up about titans in general may be completely absurd, but give it some thought.
My guess is that the titans' (or at least their leader, which right now is more than likely the Ape Titan) goal to obliterate humanity is derived from punishment; namely how humanity has mistreated the earth and its other earthlings in the past. In other words, titans are somewhat like 'antibodies' that the earth has created in order to protect itself from the 'bacteria' - the humans. Remember how it was said in class that titans have no interest in other animals, and other animals aren't even afraid of them? Remember how the attack on Trost (Year 850) has started by the Colossal Titan (Berthold) right after Sasha talked about raising cattle and sheep for meat; mistreatment of animals?
The more the plot goes on, the more I'm starting to think that Hajime Isayama is (at the very least) vegetarian (if not vegan), and as a vegan, I sure hope so.

With that in mind, Reiner, Berthold and Annie have probably realized what the true meaning behind the titans is, and decided to help the process, for the better.

This story has thrown countless plot twists at us. What if the final major plot twist is actually that the titans devour humans for a just cause? To ensure the earth a better future?

THINK 'BOUT IT, MAN!!!
This is no way explains, why there are countless titans inside the wall... and as Breimoon said, the infiltrating titan-shifters are not on the brainless titan' side, as the titans attack them as well. Your theory does also not include why something like the Coordinate exists.
Old 2013-12-01, 16:06   Link #1937
BoyTitan

Quote:

THINK 'BOUT IT, MAN!!!

We eat animals to control over population. The only issue with humanity is there are 2 many of us and we keep developing cures and resistances to disease. Thing is the titans most likely attacked before the modern age which was before humanity was over populated. Also ourover population might not always be a bad thing it is what forces us to look into life on other planets which some day in the future might turn into a good thing when we have colonies and live on other planets. Also are over population would not be such a problem if it was not for certain religious groups making a big deal of cloning and stem cell research. We learn how to clone in mass extension would no longer be a problem nor would running out of a food source.

Also as others have mention your theorie has a ton of holes in it and ignores plot points you may have missed.
Old 2013-12-01, 21:08   Link #1938
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
This is no way explains, why there are countless titans inside the wall... and as Breimoon said, the infiltrating titan-shifters are not on the brainless titan' side, as the titans attack them as well. Your theory does also not include why something like the Coordinate exists.
And this is exactly where Eren's father comes into the picture. Remember that he's the one who gave Eren the ability to turn into a titan in the first place, claiming it's necessary. Also, I'd personally like to believe that he's the brains behind the appearance of the titans, considering he basically has the ultimate answer to their mysteries in his basement and didn't share any of it to anyone.
Also, on a different note, I have a feeling that Mikasa is going to get deeply involved in future 'affairs' of the plot soon, simply because not even a single arc so far has referred to her being half Oriental.
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 00:25   Link #1939
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
And this is exactly where Eren's father comes into the picture. Remember that he's the one who gave Eren the ability to turn into a titan in the first place, claiming it's necessary. Also, I'd personally like to believe that he's the brains behind the appearance of the titans, considering he basically has the ultimate answer to their mysteries in his basement and didn't share any of it to anyone.
We don't even know, if that syringe really contained the titanshifting-ability. It could be possible that he got that ability from birth on and the syringe was the coordinate instead, or the other way around, or the syringe contained both, or possibly even neither and he had both abilities from birth on.

Quote:
Also, on a different note, I have a feeling that Mikasa is going to get deeply involved in future 'affairs' of the plot soon, simply because not even a single arc so far has referred to her being half Oriental.
Good point. While it is possible that that fact will never be mentioned again until the end of the story, this may actually be addressed at some point and if it does, then, as you say, it will most likely be soon.
Old 2013-12-02, 06:09   Link #1940
richardtengcy

I just like to post a little theory in regards to the Shingeki no Kyojin timeline...
Did you notice that in the Year 845.....Reiner, Bertholt and Berik set off in a group of 3 from their home village to fulfill the mission in destroying the wall. Halfway on their journey, Berik was eaten by Ymir and subsequently Ymir was able to return to human form.

Now my questions is....if two groups (3 person per group) of titan-shifter were set off, one group consist of Reiner-Bertholt and Berik, the other group consisting Annie and 2 other unknown people.

My speculation is that Marco could be one of the titan-shifter in Annie group.
Reason: Suspicious group talk between Annie/Reiner/Bertholt and Marco in Anime scene Episode 7

Also there were mention that the 3rd person in Annie group is still alive and will be retrieve once they brought back Eren and Ymir back to their home village.

Source: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shing...in/c047/9.html

What do you guys think?