AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-15, 16:23   Link #1041
Key Board
Donut

I'm feeling like Saya now

How much of this is real, and how much of this is all in her head

-- Mushoku Tensei. on the dangers of osananajimi attachment
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 17:46   Link #1042
Xagzan

Wow, consider my mind screwed. That was one freaky ending scene there.

And from the preview, looks like there's quite a bit of Saya groping in the next episode
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 18:33   Link #1043
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Dad's got a lot of explaining to do now with all those empty books.
Old 2011-09-15, 19:36   Link #1044
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

This is more complicated than Inception
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 20:35   Link #1045
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

LOl Tokizane died as well. So her father has gone missing, wonder if it has anything to do with Fumito's wound. Always though sensei was working with Fumito and her father. Glad to see she's the opposite and proves to Saya everything is fake. Don't care how or why but, Twins are back!
Old 2011-09-15, 21:06   Link #1046
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

"Let's end this already--this farce."

So what farce does Tsutsutori-sensei have in mind? Presumably the idea that Saya is an ordinary girl, complete with an ordinary family, an ordinary school, and ordinary friends.

But if Saya is not a real priestess, or student, or human, what is she? We have no idea, and can have no idea.

Revelations work upon an anthithesis, between the mask and the secret reality. But if the mask is ordinary reality itself, then the underlying truth must be something unfathomable.

For example, if Nono and Nene are now in good health, can we say they ever died? Can they die? Or, are they even alive in the first place? Whatever they are, there is no way to fathom them through the human terms of life and death.

But, whatever Saya is, she has tried to be human. She has wanted to fulfill ordinary human aspirations, to protect her friends, to be a dutiful daughter, and so forth. Though that may be for her--given her inhuman nature--a farce, the aspirations themselves are not foolish.

When the mother-monster challenges Saya, accusing her of eating "of a far more forbidden fruit than we," she contrasts the natural order of furukimono eating humans with Saya's cannibalistic preying upon her own kind.

So, where does morality inhere? In a natural law, where one species feeds upon another? Or in the hypocritical pretense of virtue, where a monster puts on human clothes and tries to live by the values it delusively but consciously aspires to? Which is truly human? Is is to be what we are by nature, or by what we try to make of ourselves?

I prefer the lie and the hypocrisy to the truth.
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 21:43   Link #1047
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
"Did any of the characters ever die? Or was this all in Saya's head?"

The story is really getting complicated to understand. I suppose the "Lets stop this farce" is to confront the one who started it in the first place and kept Saya in the black about everything. Apparently her father (and maybe that other guy) have been doing this the whole time. The massacre at the school was probably fake as well because subtle lover boy did say in episode 9 that he did go to school and when Saya was fighting that Elder Brain, no one else was there besides her classmates getting cut to pieces.

Heck, Tokizane's death could have also been in Saya's head the entire time... We may never know which death was real, or maybe they were all fake.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 23:08   Link #1048
TheEroKing
On a Break

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Episode 10

In the preview we saw Saya's handcuffed but she was struggling?
Looks to me it was all a dream and she finally wakes up which should explain everything that has been going on in episode 11.
Watainu's role? I'm expecting something big from him and some epic blood from the 12th and final episode.
Old 2011-09-16, 01:27   Link #1049
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Something tells that I'm going to find myself rolling my eyes at some points next episode (cuz of the groping and whatnot), although I'm glad that the big reveal should be coming soon.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 05:35   Link #1050
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
although I'm glad that the big reveal should be coming soon.
Chances are we'll learn a lot of the mystery next week, or at least some huge hints that will help us put the puzzle together. Now that we're down to the last two episodes, we should be able to tell if the movie will be a continuation or something completely different, but then again it is CLAMP, and i never try to understand what they have planned. Tsubasa Chronicle anyone?

As for that preview, yeah it's pretty WHAT DO YOU HAVE PLANNED NOW CLAMP, and i like that.
Old 2011-09-16, 10:22   Link #1051
Guido

Since It Is by Its Breath

To me the definite creepy factor for this show has been watching Saya attempting to keep herself together by going through her everyday routines after her "illusion" world has been literally torn apart by the Furukimono.

I mean just take in this episode with Tokizane's death, and Saya more accepting, though hurt, and next morning she tries again retaking her "normal" life like putting up on her school uniform and singing to her heart's content, but it's obvious she's losing her mood and spirits.

Now, we got to learn lots of puzzle pieces from the episode's Furukimono and from the stranger shown in Sayas' dream visions, and not to mention the mind blowing twists happening with Tsusutori-sensei and the unexpected guests at the end of this episode.

Just like the rest of you guys, I don't know anymore what's CLAMP setting up, although I can only pray they're going to treat the audience with something that anyone can say, My God, that's some mind-blowing stuff. Of course, as long as CLAMP can pull it out right.

My speculations go:
- There's no doubt that humans broke the covenant (whatever that is). By doing that, the Furukimono retaliated back in the context that since humans were not committed to keep their end of the bargain, the Furukimono were set free of the promise to keep.
Recall in episode five when Tsusutori brings up the ghost stories about the legend of the monsters, she narrates how the humans from the ancient era attempted to engage in conversation and reasoning with the Furukimono, but the latter refused to establish non-agression pacts with the human species, deeming it just as food.
- My point is what if in the past the humans succeeded at establishing a bargain with the Furukimono?, and what if that bargain resulted in the covenant? I wouldn't say bargain, but more of a non-agression pact. The Furukimono promising not to attack humans for feeding from them, as long as the humans promised them to keep their end of the bargain.

Which begs the noble question what did humans promise the Furukimono, in order for the covenant to be maintained?

The consequences for humans breaking the covenant as we can be seeing right now are the Furukimono calling off their end of the deal and reverting to their old ways, that is consuming humans for food again. Furthermore, this breach is not recent in the storyline, rather the covenant was broken at least several decades ago.

I base my last statement upon the flashbacks Saya has been recalling from her presumed, previous life were she sees herself slaying and slaughtering Chiropteran-like creatures.

Also, at the temples archives, the recorded texts are all brand-new, as Tsusutori makes Saya to note about. Thus, making me think that the covenant was broken for a good amount of time, but the Furukimono not taking action until the uprising from the start of the story.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 14:16   Link #1052
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
The consequences for humans breaking the covenant as we can be seeing right now are the Furukimono calling off their end of the deal and reverting to their old ways, that is consuming humans for food again. Furthermore, this breach is not recent in the storyline, rather the covenant was broken at least several decades ago.
Ok, but you assume a real distinction between the humans and the Furukimono. Given that Nono and Nene can come back to life, and that Saya herself is not human, we have to wonder if all the humans are just Furukimono is disguise.

Nice post, by the way: glad to see you bring in evidence from multiple episodes.
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 14:42   Link #1053
Xagzan

I was kind of hoping the hair girl from the first half of the episode would end up being this series' Diva. But she went too, so there goes that.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 18:41   Link #1054
hyuu-fai

KK guys totes called this on pg 52, the tecaher is good, a researcher, while Fuumito is the villain and Saya's dad is his tulle. IT still may be the class president not fuumito but we will see- either way I have a feeling class prez will end up more important then tokizane

guimauve-red-blood just saying

and why does Fuumito have the bandage? Cause he is the "Bait" of Saya's dad, he drinks fromt he exact same spot Fai did from Kurogane

The "issue" with the book? If the sword is the only thing that can destroy them, why is the fighter ho9lding a bow and arrow

Finally should have mentioned this sooner, but I thought ti was irrelevant (this is CLAMP shoulda known better) there are no bodies remaining form the furikimono?

I still think the teacher may have a selfish twist in her reasoning to help Saya, I still think the only one really on her side is watainu- and I still think the wish is what made the covenant, and in reality watainu is there because one of the wishes prices was disturbed
hyuu-fai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 22:04   Link #1055
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The only thing missing is time travel
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 00:04   Link #1056
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 10 was quite intense. Gave a real strong mystery horror thriller feel to it.

It's very hard to pick any sense out of this series now.

However, I have one of my (in)famous wild theories to share.

It ties into one of my favorite arcs in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Such a crossover surprise is possible given that this is a CLAMP work.

Anyway, here's my theory...

Spoiler for Blood-C theory, references major spoilers from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle:

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-09-17 at 09:49.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 00:17   Link #1057
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'm so hoping that Fumito is one of the good guys so that I can see the reactions here.
Old 2011-09-17, 06:05   Link #1058
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm so hoping that Fumito is one of the good guys
That's impossible at this point.
Old 2011-09-17, 08:24   Link #1059
klare

finally, Saya should suspect and start to ask questions after seeing her dad's lies about the books

bye bye Tokizane, but then again the dead can return as proven by the twins
Old 2011-09-17, 08:38   Link #1060
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
bye bye Tokizane, but then again the dead can return as proven by the twins
At the moment, it's very cloudy as to what exactly is going on with the twins, so we can't actually say at this point that they're been brought back from the dead. For all we know, they might not have died..

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.