AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-29, 16:55   Link #1161
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

And I quote: Yawn.

Spoiler for Ep. 11 & 12:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 17:12   Link #1162
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
this is CLAMP
so it must have at least one one eyed character
Exactly what I thought when she put that piece of cloth on : "I should have knew it! Of course she was going to lose an eye!"
Now I'm ready to see her trade it with someone else in the movie .

Episode 12 was way over the top on the guro aspect. First the twins then the bunnies... I was torn between feeling disgusted and hilarity. Quite an achievement.

I'm starting to believe director of this anime is an Noboru Iguchi fan.
Old 2011-09-29, 17:25   Link #1163
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Perhaps if CLAMP HQ is burned to the ground and the Earth is cleansed by fire, the Gods might forgive us as a species for producing this series.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 17:30   Link #1164
Branduil
Typesetter
*Fansubber

I don't know if there's ever been a series this fully committed to its theme of total misanthropy. I mean the last episode really left no doubt to how much CLAMP despises humanity. I had thought before this that Arjuna was the most misanthropic anime series in existence, but it has nothing on this. Arjuna hates people, but it also wants them to learn, in an incredibly ham-fisted way. CLAMP has no interest in us learning anything. They just wants us to know how much they hate us.
Branduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 17:37   Link #1165
Xagzan

Man, that was gruesome. I thought the twin getting wishboned at first was bad, but pretty much all the other deaths afterwards turned even my stomach. (Not that Kanako wasn't looking sexy before getting...mangled )

I still have a ton of unanswered questions about things that I can only hope will be answered in the movie. In fact, as horribly paced as this show was, this episode made me look forward to the movie. Cause now we met the original Saya, not some boring moe blob, and with any luck we'll get to see her actual character traits for the first time. And with the movie, there won't be any time for dicking around with fluff that drags on and on and on - stuff will have to be happening constantly, since it's far less time to work with than a 12 episode show.

Plus, a one-eyed PO'd Saya is something I'm looking forward to seeing. Though I imagine it'll regen eventually. God I hope they don't fuck up the movie. Just wanna see Guimauve get murdered is all.

Oh, and unrelated, but how does playing as a high school student help Yuka become a politician? I don't see the connection...
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 17:45   Link #1166
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Both times.........both Blood anime series screwed it up by not making Saya a vampire that sucks human blood. Honestly is it really that hard? Is there some sort of Japanese censorship where the MC can't be a brutal human hunting vampire?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 17:49   Link #1167
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Oh, and unrelated, but how does playing as a high school student help Yuka become a politician? I don't see the connection...
I don't believe her playing the role of a student has anything to do with her wish to become a politician, at least not directly. It was merely something she was able to pull off because she looks young for her age.

Everyone who participated in the project was allotted a wish, regardless of what their role was; though, as something of a side-note, it seems evident that Guimauve had no intention of keeping his word and was planning on slaughtering everyone in the end anyway. I imagine Yuka's survival is simply because Guimauve believes she may be of use to him later on.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 17:58   Link #1168
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2011-09-29, 18:01   Link #1169
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
I don't believe her playing the role of a student has anything to do with her wish to become a politician, at least not directly. It was merely something she was able to pull off because she looks young for her age.

Everyone who participated in the project was allotted a wish, regardless of what their role was; though, as something of a side-note, it seems evident that Guimauve had no intention of keeping his word and was planning on slaughtering everyone in the end anyway. I imagine Yuka's survival is simply because Guimauve believes she may be of use to him later on.
Guimauve said though that he'd anticipated the traitors. Because of this, I don't think Itsuki would've died if he hadn't stopped to help Saya. It was just a random soldier that shot him after all. I think Guimauve would've let him live with Yuka if he hadn't caused trouble.

I wonder how old Yuka actually is, also, and how much of a role she'll play in the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Spoiler for Ending:
No other season, but you know there's a continuation movie.
Old 2011-09-29, 18:05   Link #1170
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Spoiler for Ending:
Spoiler for GAK:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 18:45   Link #1171
Sol Falling

lol. I would never seriously classify this series as a comedy, but it is indeed frankly freakin' hilarious. It is also degenerate in the worst way in the way it tantalizes me into wanting to see the uncensored version. An inner appreciation for guro is usually not even an afterthought in the things which interest me, but it surprises me how much I seriously want to watch the DVD version to see some cute girls being torn up.

At the moment, that is all the value Blood-C has got for me: the humour of being trolled and the gratuity of grotesque deaths everywhere--but I'll still give these past episodes a nod for being both impressively lowbrow and impressively entertaining. I won't rule out some interesting thematic statement being made in the movie either--but at this point the trolling and death are the best parts of the series.
Yuri Kuma Arashi 24/5 :: Kancolle 24/5 :: Koufuku Graffiti 80/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 19:25   Link #1172
Forsaken_Infinity

Send a message via Skype™ to Forsaken_Infinity
Call me easily pleased but I actually REALLY REALLY liked the ending and the show as a whole in the end. It was pretty much what it set out to be - a blood series with collaboration from Clamp. And there was lots of blood and the uniquely Clamp elements. I am satisfied. The only real complaint is that they did indeed draw it out much too long early on. But that's alright given the whole context. At least they didn't wuss out and stuck to the gameplan. The result is the awesome brutality to compensate for the deliberate calm before the storm.

I am very much looking forward to the movie now. I hope it breaks new grounds in animation like TLV did. They have a magnificent setup at this point.

Oh and, Saya in this show was easily the hottest anime character ever. Far and away from anyone else. And she was bloody damn badass in the last episode too.

Oh and, to people praising the comedic value of the show, the best unintentional comedy moment ever in anime history, imo, was when
Spoiler for that cracked me up so hard it's not even funny - esp. considering I had just watched the most brutal depiction of a massacre in anime ever:
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 19:57   Link #1173
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Censors killed it again. Still don't get the point of the dog. Saya looks so bad-ass with one eye. I guess she'll get her revenge in the movie.
Old 2011-09-29, 20:05   Link #1174
Xagzan

Speaking of which, now THAT'S how you maim/handicap a badass fighter character properly.

You don't go completely over the top like the anime team did in the recent Black Lagoon OVA. The loss of a single eye is perfectly appropriate.

Then again, it's not like the show didn't go over the top in the other areas
Old 2011-09-29, 20:12   Link #1175
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Speaking of which, now THAT'S how you maim/handicap a badass fighter character properly.

You don't go completely over the top like the anime team did in the recent Black Lagoon OVA. The loss of a single eye is perfectly appropriate.

Then again, it's not like the show didn't go over the top in the other areas
Don't know if you're implying that she lost the eye due to the shot to the head but even if you're not, I am gonna point out that the eye was her payment for the wish and not an injury inflicted upon her. That's also why it's not gonna regenerate.
Old 2011-09-29, 20:49   Link #1176
Xagzan

I don't think I was implying anything even in that area?

I was just saying I liked her simple disfigurement rather than the obscene defanging of a character in another anime.

Frankly I don't mind if she always has to wear an eyepatch or whatever.
Old 2011-09-29, 21:29   Link #1177
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
I don't think I was implying anything even in that area?

I was just saying I liked her simple disfigurement rather than the obscene defanging of a character in another anime.

Frankly I don't mind if she always has to wear an eyepatch or whatever.
I didn't think so either although it kind of made it sound somewhat like that when you implied that it was done in order to maim Saya to contain her OP-ness and I don't think that's the case at all. Rather, as others have pointed out, CLAMP has a fetish with one-eyed characters
Old 2011-09-29, 21:34   Link #1178
-Antares-
*Fansubber

Were they serious with episode 12? I actually did find a few things to enjoy about this series until episode 11 (there are some things you shouldn't exaggerate if you want people to actually care), but episode 12 was on a whole different level from anything else.

It was hilarious. I don't know how I can take the movie seriously, whatever its content may be, after watching that.

Je t'appelle, nuit, rends moi tes mensonges

-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 21:43   Link #1179
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

this final reminded me of hostel, dont know, probably the car chase.
Old 2011-09-29, 22:03   Link #1180
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
I loved episode 12 and yea uncensored version would be nice although
Spoiler for about the twins deaths:
well thats just me.

Anyway can't wait for da movie.

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.