AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-16, 02:22   Link #901
Aoi Toori
Aishiteru Banzai!!

hmm interesting opening scene we have here, morning routine of another character with P-01s song on the background

from what I can graps, the ep showed some background story about toori's childhood and what happen to horizon that made toori afraid(?) to walk on 'the remorse way' again which is quite sad and traumatic for toori.. (and damn that child-toori was so adorable and innocent)

and also late night school excorcise? did toori made the awful looking 'ghost'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanamechan View Post
What I didn't like in the episode was the scene with the old teacher and how that fight ended. I hope she cuts his face bloody later.
no no, for me that was a hillarious scene and I like futayo and tadatsugu (and also tadakatsu) so no bloody face for them, I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf
is the little girl that we saw in eps.3 Horizon?

she looks like Asama though
from what I saw it's horizon, she's similiar with P-01s with different hair color, also asama has heterochromia eyes while the little girl not.
Old 2011-10-16, 03:02   Link #902
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
from what I saw it's horizon, she's similiar with P-01s with different hair color, also asama has heterochromia eyes while the little girl not.

While I agree that's Horizon, I just want to point out that Asama isn't a born heterochromia- her green eye is a fake to help she use her skills so as a child she would have similar eye colour I believe.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 04:06   Link #903
Inori X Horizon

I love this show

Especially you see Toori is not only a pervert. He has a sad past and even a trauma until now. Maybe his crazy and pervert personality is only a layer to hide his true feelings?! Also you see the whole episode how really worried Kimi-nee is. That hug was somehow sad...was Toori crying in her arms?!

+ Suzu is so cuuuuuuttteeee. One of my favorites!

The only thing I'm worried about is how this will keep up with the 1st LN...only 10episodes left for this season. And the main plot has not really started yet. There is still to much things that will happen for only 10 episodes. I think they will not use the end i was hoping for.
So is it confirmed that this show will have a 2nd season?

Quote:
and also late night school excorcise? did toori made the awful looking 'ghost'?
This Ghostbuster event was hilarious...never laughed so much
Yeah i think Toori has made up that prank
Look into the carriage at 15:45....Then you know who will be one of that wierd "ghosts"

Asama's facial expression was priceless, when she attacked this "ghosts". Wallpaper ftw

Can't wait for episode 4 ...let the real action beginn!

Last edited by Inori X Horizon; 2011-10-16 at 05:03.
Inori X Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 04:14   Link #904
ookamigirl

New episode was pretty relaxing and mostly dealing with everyday life & Masazumi's past.
I was surprised that their ship lands occasionally, thought it was always flying around 'cause it wasn't safe on the ground...
Aoi & his pre-confession preparation was pretty fun to watch ^^

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 05:11   Link #905
Aoi Toori
Aishiteru Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
While I agree that's Horizon, I just want to point out that Asama isn't a born heterochromia- her green eye is a fake to help she use her skills so as a child she would have similar eye colour I believe.
make sense, but I think her eye color (blue?) was still different than asama's purple or green eye..
oh well I'll wait for official sub to make it clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inori X Horizon
The only thing I'm worried about is how this will keep up with the 1st LN...only 10episodes left for this season. And the main plot has not really started yet. There is still to much things that will happen for only 10 episodes. I think they will not use the end i was hoping for.
So is it confirmed that this show will have a 2nd season?
hm from what Allen told me,
Spoiler:

second season has been confirmed for next year.
Quote:
Look into the carriage at 15:45....Then you know who will be one of that wierd "ghosts"
ah yes, I've just notice the weird 'ghost' on the carriage... wait what...??
Old 2011-10-16, 06:14   Link #906
serpiente

Where is my animation? (guess they spent all the time on Suzus face and those lights between the leaves...)
So, there was no breast grabbing this time, instead, we have ass grabbing? Best scene of the chapter , plus, Toori spinning around in remorse way was pretty fun. Kimi chan face on begining of ep 03 was really sad and lovable and more lokealike Toori, for me...
serpiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 09:17   Link #907
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Wow, there's enough content in this series to be a shounen manga, even with only 7 volumes!

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 09:26   Link #908
Aoi Toori
Aishiteru Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpiente View Post
So, there was no breast grabbing this time, instead, we have ass grabbing? Best scene of the chapter
yeah, and I didn't expect tadatsugu will do 'that' lol and that's how futayo's debut battle end, plus tadakatsu's reaction after that was funny (someone just molested your daughter for goodness sake)
Old 2011-10-16, 10:08   Link #909
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
yeah, and I didn't expect tadatsugu will do 'that' lol and that's how futayo's debut battle end, plus tadakatsu's reaction after that was funny (someone just molested your daughter for goodness sake)
Isn't he amazing though? Futayo's all juiced up and the dude didn't even try hard and could keep up with her. Old people are overpowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanamechan View Post
I also loved the SlimeFro and Masazumi.
That's hilarious term for it, I wonder how many noticed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpiente View Post
So, there was no breast grabbing this time, instead, we have ass grabbing? Best scene of the chapter , plus, Toori spinning around in remorse way was pretty fun.
You didn't like the pole-dancing? Toori +1000 fabulous points for being so pro at it.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 12:15   Link #910
Kanamechan

People who didn't notice the SlimeFro are heretics and deserve to be shunned by Kimi.
Kanamechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 13:19   Link #911
Allen
メインヒロイン

Maybe a little earlier, but the new relationship chart after the third episode:

Spoiler:

I lol'ed at the ズドン
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 13:23   Link #912
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Event time frame

(Warning: Big)

Spoiler for Time:
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 14:30   Link #913
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Event time frame

Spoiler for Time:
Oh~ As expected of the weapon disguised as a light novel. Not even a day has passed!

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 14:46   Link #914
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Maybe a little earlier, but the new relationship chart after the third episode:

Spoiler:

I lol'ed at the ズドン
Is this chart getting updated daily? Or just going to get updated when something new develops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Event time frame

Spoiler for Time:
People are very quick if they can do that much in a day.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 18:22   Link #915
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Is this chart getting updated daily? Or just going to get updated when something new develops?
It's getting an update after each episode. I wonder how they'll do something like this for the second season...
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 20:24   Link #916
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I'm guessing from what you say here, that the second season goes all out with relationships and new characters?
Old 2011-10-17, 01:41   Link #917
JediNight
キズランダム

This series has been extremely underwhelming so far. Even with realizing it's a tremendously large amount of prologue to bring people up to speed with, the direction of it has been rather poor and leaves the viewer very lost still.

On top of my impression that the writing of the LNs themselves is very amateur. It feels like the type of overly complicated epic storyline one might devise when they were in grade school. 5800 pages for a prologue? This isn't exactly Wheel of Time material....

A good writer balances subplots against a need to not be so overly complex that you lose the reader. Whereas here we have some nonsensical backstory of Japan being the only habitable place on Earth, cloning another dimension, history re-enactment why? merging, war, exile, etc. etc.

Entering the 4th episode of them cornily hinting at something cool happening, yet nada so far. And nothing really explained well enough to be attached to any of the characters yet. zzz....
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 01:45   Link #918
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

^ This series is a test of patience and dedication of a viewer to know more about the series. Let's just say that you need to exert a little more effort to enjoy it.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 01:55   Link #919
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ This series is a test of patience and dedication of a viewer to know more about the series. Let's just say that you need to exert a little more effort to enjoy it.
What's the payoff though? I'd be more willing to stick it out if I felt the writing was actually good and going somewhere. With such a DERPy setting, dozens of characters thrown at you at once, and political angles coming in from 3-4 different directions at once .... I'm not impressed. It's sloppy and amateurish.

The definition of DEEP and "trying too hard".
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 02:01   Link #920
Kanamechan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
This isn't exactly Wheel of Time material....
You do realize that Wheel of Time is a rather juvenile, clichéd fantasy story that mostly serves to display the writer's spanking fantasies and his glaring issues with women, right? ^^

Horizon really isn't complex so far, nor particularly confusing. All of the things you complain about are actually explained in the show itself. I've never read the LN, and I understand the show pretty well.

Yes, you need to use your head a little to enjoy Horizon. This isn't exactly a bad thing, and I'm glad that there's such an anime again. Most anime these days are painfully shallow, so this is a breath of fresh air. It even has stupid fanservice for the neanderthals that might be watching.

Please don't ever read science fiction novels. If Horizon feels "overly complicated" to you, I don't know what a novel by Asimov (or, worse, Stanislav Lem) would do to you.
Kanamechan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise