AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-01, 16:54   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Exactly; I'd be more worried had he put fanservice into a work where there wasn't any.

If he was just being faithful to the source material, then isn't he a good director?
True that, also he did Motte To Love Ru which was a much better adaption of the manga than the first series. I really see nothing to worry about, especially since he probably had his hand in the April Fools PV as well as the 2nd Season PV.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 16:57   Link #22
ZODDGUTS

Maybe change of director is good news. The first series concentrated way too much on Inami and Sota and not enough on the rest of the cast.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 16:59   Link #23
CrowKenobi

I'll be happy as long as he doesn't hire the character designer for Kanokon and Ladies vs. Butlers!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 17:03   Link #24
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Maybe change of director is good news. The first series concentrated way too much on Inami and Sota and not enough on the rest of the cast.
They used that to give the season a central theme of sorts, personally I thought it was a good move and going by the sales of the show so did a lot of other people... change of director or not, the second season was never going to focus on them as much as the first one did.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 18:12   Link #25
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Exactly; I'd be more worried had he put fanservice into a work where there wasn't any.

If he was just being faithful to the source material, then isn't he a good director?
Except the original sources were not only fanservice and deadly brainless, so he wasn't being so faithful. True the original sources may have had fanservice, but that doesn't mean only having fanservice is being faithful to it.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 20:54   Link #26
X207
Gamyūsa

im glad to hear of a 2nd season, the director not as much. i have a bit more faith in the main script writer. i havent seen some of the main director's series but the scriptwriting in Elfen Lied and Freeing anime do give hope it may not end up as a disaster. I hope they stick to the story than excessive fanservice.
Old 2011-04-01, 21:18   Link #27
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

>yfw the adaptation rights are taken from A-1 Pictures and given to Xebec and they turn this into a moe-moe fansabisu animu thinking it will boost sales even more.

Calling it now.
Old 2011-04-01, 21:20   Link #28
Midonin
Last Engage

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 21:20   Link #29
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Awesome now they just need to be like K-On season 2 and make it 26eps and one OVA
Old 2011-04-01, 21:40   Link #30
Used Can

Man... I'm so happy this is getting a (well deserved and long anticipated) second season.

Also, I agree, hopefully the new director will give equal focus to all the characters, like the manga does.
Old 2011-04-02, 02:38   Link #31
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Well, I think they have a backlog of Yamada that they passed over in the first season; maybe they should just name season 2 "Yamaking!!"
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 03:08   Link #32
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Well, I think they have a backlog of Yamada that they passed over in the first season; maybe they should just name season 2 "Yamaking!!"
You have no idea how happy that would make me .
Old 2011-04-02, 03:43   Link #33
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

I think I liked things better when people judged anime by what studio was animating it and not what director.

Again, the production committee is not going to allow Working!! to be turned into a fanservice romp, as if the director would even do that in the first place. It doesn't work that way.

We don't have anything to worry about, so could everyone please stop fearmongering? We're lucky to have a second season at all.
Old 2011-04-02, 03:55   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Like I said, direction isn't everything and I doubt the production committee would let him make anything other than what made the first season sell so well.
It's not everything of course, but I felt the excellent direction played a huge part in the first season's success. That's why I'm a little worried. Ah well, nothing I can do about it anyway. I'll just wait and hope.
Old 2011-04-02, 04:28   Link #35
Used Can

I don't think the direction was particularly great. The anime was fun, because the manga is fun. And, I'm not going to lie, as I've said this before, the manga is far funnier. I find it terribly sad how the skipped several 4-komas which were rather important for character development. Hell, even ones they had even animated. For example, the episode when Kyouko went away and Yachiyo spent some time with Satou. In the manga, he did call her by her name after that, and he's been calling that way ever since.

In addition, even though I like Katanashi and Inami, something amazing about the manga is the almost equal focus the characters get, and the anime basically focused on the two of them, which was rather sad. Not to mention that they did overplay a bit Inami's androphobia.

But the worse part is that they cut a good amount of the gags, and hell, they basically skipped all volume 4.

Mind you, despite this, I loved Working (the anime) to bits, but it definitely could have been a lot better.
Old 2011-04-02, 04:36   Link #36
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Yes!! Great news

And also..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes... I'm excited. There's so much fun from the ongoing manga that can be used...

Now if I could just hear that Seitokai Yakuindomo is getting another season... it would be splendiferous.

From the PV and the art... looks like Working! is getting a quality upgrade.
This.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 05:11   Link #37
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I don't think the direction was particularly great. The anime was fun, because the manga is fun. And, I'm not going to lie, as I've said this before, the manga is far funnier. I find it terribly sad how the skipped several 4-komas which were rather important for character development. Hell, even ones they had even animated. For example, the episode when Kyouko went away and Yachiyo spent some time with Satou. In the manga, he did call her by her name after that, and he's been calling that way ever since.

In addition, even though I like Katanashi and Inami, something amazing about the manga is the almost equal focus the characters get, and the anime basically focused on the two of them, which was rather sad. Not to mention that they did overplay a bit Inami's androphobia.

But the worse part is that they cut a good amount of the gags, and hell, they basically skipped all volume 4.

Mind you, despite this, I loved Working (the anime) to bits, but it definitely could have been a lot better.
Pretty much this. Really hope we get to see more screen time of the other characters.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 06:14   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I'm pretty happy about the second season being announced. I didn't really mind the amount of focus on Katanashi and Inami since I liked their characters a bit more anyways. Still nothing wrong if there is going to be more balanced focus since it still means they will get their moments in the spotlight.
Old 2011-04-02, 10:35   Link #39
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
needs more trap Souta....
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 10:37   Link #40
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Who? I see no Trap Souta, only Kotori- *SHOT*

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, slice of life