AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 19:39   Link #41
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I'll be checking out:

Natsume Yuujinchou San: The previous 2 entries were top notch, no reason to think otherwise on this one.

Usagi Drop: I read the manga, I agree with Yuutsu, but the Anime will probably not cover that part.

No. 6: interesting idea, a novel adaptation, and BONES.

Dantalian no Shoka: It's Gainax, but gainax tends to be better on original works, so this could go either way.

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee: Interesting idea, this could be really good or bad depending on how accurately it shows France.

Kamisama Dolls: Another one with potential. Interesting synopsis. Brains base is reliable.

Sacred Seven: Checked out the website. It's Sunrise, it's Anime Original and it's MECHA!!! Automatically gets a look from me. On the other hand, it looks really cheesy. This could either be the next Code Geass, or the next Star Driver.

Overall it's not too bad. Last summer I think was worse.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 23:04   Link #42
DangerMouse

Must Watch: Last Exile -Ginyoku no Fam- if it indeed ends up starting in summer, if not it's a must watch for me whenever it starts. And loved the recently released first trailer.

Very excited for:
Still really looking forward to Appleseed XIII, Blood-C keeps looking better as more staff news came out, and Valkyria 3 because I love the franchise and hope the third game makes it over here.

Will definitely check out:
No.6's staff and Bones interests me and scifi being my favorite genre, but don't care for BL so there might be too much of that, but the staff list that was added at the end of last month to the show thread made me pretty interested too thanks to the director.

Blade: Want to see which level of these Marvel projects we get for it as it could be good.

Dantalian for Gainax, though the setup of how the main character's meet has me worried it could go either way, hopefully Gainax's creativity overrides it and it's something good.

Sacred Seven: Sunrise original, mecha, and action. Basically similar thoughts as donquigleone above.

The Space Pirate girl thing looked like it might be fun if it has a bigger story behind it like it appeared back last year or so when it was first mentioned.

Croisee's not really my kind of show but I believe that's the one with the pretty gorgeous trailer so it might get at least a look to appreciate the animation.

And I'll continue watching Nurarihyon no Mago when the second season starts to see where it's going.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-04-16 at 02:18.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 23:14   Link #43
black_star
How should i say it?

High Expectation :
Baka to Test S2
Working!! S2 (finally)
God Dolls (Mmm....Brains Base!)
Shoka

Others :
Blade? Hope it wouldn't suck.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 23:29   Link #44
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_star View Post
High Expectation :
Baka to Test S2
Working!! S2 (finally)
God Dolls (Mmm....Brains Base!)
Shoka

Others :
Blade? Hope it wouldn't suck.
Ooh I missed that was being done by Brains Base who I've liked, I should give that a shot.

Yeah...I hope Blade doesn't suck.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 17:18   Link #45
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Dear God, please make a certain magical grail war happen in summer
Old 2011-04-20, 22:15   Link #46
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It would be nice to say "I'm looking forward to Rurouni Kenshin: Jinchu this summer"...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 22:34   Link #47
ibby

The shows that interest me can be seen below:

No.6
Blood -C
Scared Seven
Appleseed XIII
ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 09:11   Link #48
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Not much of an interesting lineup. I might use the time to catch up on Gintama or one of my 4-cour anime series.
If Summer 2011 is gonna be the time when Working!! S2 will come up, then that and Ikoku Meiro no Croisee will be the only series for me. Dantalian no Shoka will be up Kuroneko's alley, that's for sure, and I might pick it up when there's enough positive feedback. Croisee will be somewhat questionable, though, since we're talking about Hinata Takeda, the illustrator of the GOSICK series, as the writer.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 10:20   Link #49
larethian

The fact that nobody is putting Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi in their list makes me feel so sad.

Though I can understand if it's because of Zexcs.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 21:37   Link #50
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
The fact that nobody is putting Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi in their list makes me feel so sad.

Though I can understand if it's because of Zexcs.
I'm going to watch it even if it is Zexcs. I'm just waiting for everything to be confirmed before i post a list. This topic got made two months earlier than usual.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 16:54   Link #51
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... No. 6 and Usagi Drop look the most interesting to me atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
...Ikoku Meiro no Croisee: Interesting idea, this could be really good or bad....
Agreed ... this is the one I am most curious about thus far.
Old 2011-04-26, 17:33   Link #52
dark998

-Dantalian no Shoka (Not for Gainax, but for the premise and the goth loli)

-Idolmaster (Never played the games but the concept sounds interesting, I don't think there are many games or series about training pop idols)

-Ro-Kyu-Bu (The combination of basketball and lolis may be attractive)
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 23:42   Link #53
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Version from Nelson: http://moetron.com/uploads/20110427_summer_guide.jpg
Thumbnail:

My interests:
  • Appleseed XIII (GRRRR on this not showing last season as planned, though perhaps better for my time management!)
  • Natsume Yuujin-chou San--OHHHHHH YESSSSSSS. I loved the first two seasons: the soft colors, soft feeling, but that tension between the human and spirit worlds. Oh, and I simply can't get enough to Nyanko-sensei >.<
  • Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni!--Another follow up, a sequel this time, that I'm excited for after the 1st season pleasantly surprised me.
  • Usagi Drop--the premise is interesting to me, especially since I like shows like Kurenai and Aishiteruze Baby.
  • NO. 6--Bones somtimes hits and strikes, so I'm willing to give this one a go
  • Ikoku Meiro no Croisee--Historical fiction + GOSICK's illustrator? Oh yes, sign me up!
  • Nekogami Yaoyorozu--Again, I'm easily caught up in Shintoism, so this show may be worth the try.
  • Dantalian no Shoka--Books+demons=so much potential?
  • Sacred Seven--Producer Sunrise caught my interest this past spring season with Tiger & Bunny, so I'm willing to give this one a whirl.
  • Kami-sama no Memo-chou--Well....this barely has my eye since it seems a blatant copy of GOSICK, but I do like mystery and intelligent protagonists, so perhaps this will surprise me as well.
  • Film Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi--I'm a fan of both the original and Brotherhood, so of course I'll watch this!
  • Film Kokuriko-Zaka Kara--Studio Ghibli?! check!

I'll probably also watch way more than I listed here for my blog. I've found that really helps me out with finding ones I love that I never expected to wow me.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 23:58   Link #54
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Watch out for Kamisama Dolls - that one has sleeper written all over it. Solid director, studio on a hot streak.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 00:55   Link #55
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Planning to watch:

- THE iDOLM@STER
- Nekogami Yaoyorozu
- Working!! 2
- A lot of OVAs and specials.

Aside from these shows, the rest of the chart looks totally uninteresting.
Old 2011-04-28, 02:15   Link #56
lighto13
Zero Knight

baka test s2
natsume s3
kami sama no memou-chou
lighto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 04:15   Link #57
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
[*]Kami-sama no Memo-chou--Well....this barely has my eye since it seems a blatant copy of GOSICK, but I do like mystery and intelligent protagonists, so perhaps this will surprise me as well.
funny that this is deemed as a blatant copy of Gosick. in last year's ranking for "this light novel is amazing", Kami-Memo came in numbered 10. While Gosick is nowhere to be seen in the 60 slots. Even my beloved Daiden and Itsuten were ranked

----

for my showhand:
Baka Test 2
Itsuten
Kami-Memo
Nura 2
Dantalian

To Be Tested (1-3 episodes):
Blood-C
No. 6
R-15
Kamisama Dolls
Sacred Seven

Geez, Twin Angels has some of my favourite seiyuus, but it doesn't look very appealing to me.
Old 2011-04-28, 07:09   Link #58
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Kami-Memo came in numbered 10. While Gosick is nowhere to be seen in the 60 slots.
I dunno what happened, but the problems of Gosick switching from Fujimi Mystery Bunko to another publisher might have created problems. I also heard about Gosick being a light novel "not attracting light novel translators".

As for a series giving another series' vibes, I think Ikoku Meiro no Croisee gives stronger Gosick vibes to me, but maybe because Gosick's illustrator Hinata Takeda was the one who made Croisee.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 10:33   Link #59
larethian

I myself have read neither. But so far, the feedback I got from readers of both is that Kami-Memo is the far superior one. And number 10 for a LN with no anime is a very big deal. And besides the ranking is based on LN sales of the year before. So translations don't matter.
Old 2011-04-28, 20:57   Link #60
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
funny that this is deemed as a blatant copy of Gosick. in last year's ranking for "this light novel is amazing", Kami-Memo came in numbered 10. While Gosick is nowhere to be seen in the 60 slots. Even my beloved Daiden and Itsuten were ranked

Well, I haven't read any of the works; I'm just watching GOSICK. Though now that you say that, I'm looking more forward to the Kami-Memo Thanks for the info.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series