AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-27, 10:35   Link #1
otakunater

Question important question

hey dad says I can't download anymore anime until I figure this out, when I'm downloading anime (off animesuki) it's also uploading something, what is it?
Old 2004-03-27, 10:41   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Wrong forum, for which this thread was probably locked (not by me).

To answer your question in brief, yes you are always uploading if you use BitTorrent.
Most of the BitTorrent clients should show to speed meters - one for the download
speed and one for the upload speed. That should tell you how much and how fast
you're uploading to others. Please note that this is a key point of how BitTorrent works;
it's what makes BitTorrent so useful for distributing large files -- all downloaders also
help out in the uploading.
Old 2004-03-27, 10:44   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Hmmmmm, so please explain to me why this is an important question, one that needs to be asked in the Fansub forum?

This forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs. Your question hardly seems appropriate does it.

And since your Dad said that you needed to figure out the answer to the question, it's not fair that you should be asking here is it

If you want to find out the answer, have a read about BitTorrent. There are plenty of places on the web which gives a simple overview of how it works. Use Google for a start, search for 'Bittorrent overview' or something similar.

Edit: Darn, GHDpro gave the answer away
Closed Thread