AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-01, 18:59   Link #61
Athena
The Power of One

Time to start my fall anime series with this...
Old 2011-10-01, 19:06   Link #62
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

gentlemen... RAWS.

also, what type of execution device is Fear? I never heard of the box execution thing. Muramasa blade, I can understand....

if a guillotine humanizes, I will really bang myself to the wall.
Old 2011-10-01, 19:45   Link #63
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

I didn't expected that at all but I'm pleasantly pleased ^^ Reading from the novels summaries, I was ready for some gruesome action right in but this first episode turn out really funny .

Spoiler for Episode 01 thoughts:

Thought is was a very decent 1st episode that made me love Fear already. Not a fan of tsundere usually, but here constant "I will curse you!" is simply too adorable .
Also if we didn't get to see the male lead much yet, he comes off decent ie, I don't feel like punching my screen when he shows up. Definitely a good (and rare) thing.

And of course Endless Story is a great song, but that we already knew it.

Ready for story to start moving next week! (anyway if we don't watch, we will be cursed! / o\)
Old 2011-10-01, 19:54   Link #64
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep1:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 20:27   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Since this isn't licensed yet I can ask- Does anybody know which group will be doing this? I'm a tad bit worried since it's not exactly one of the hot titles that everybody seems to be lining up for...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 21:03   Link #66
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Since this isn't licensed yet I can ask- Does anybody know which group will be doing this? I'm a tad bit worried since it's not exactly one of the hot titles that everybody seems to be lining up for...
because tis the start of OCTOBERFEST!!!!!

also, lets just thank the author that the katana girl isnt a yandere or else there will be blood....
Old 2011-10-01, 21:11   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
because tis the start of OCTOBERFEST!!!!!
...And yet, Fate/Zero was there to greet me first time in the morning
Old 2011-10-01, 22:03   Link #68
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
...And yet, Fate/Zero was there to greet me first time in the morning
you are not alone with that.....
Old 2011-10-02, 01:11   Link #69
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I heard its synopsis + ero ero cover illustration is supposed to be huge troll. It is supposed to have some serious stuffs like torturing + disturbing gore + Death everywhere.
Well, based off the last 10 seconds and the first 30 seconds of episode one, I'm willing to give it a shot for another week or two. Even if this was basically tsundere moeblob flashing panties all episode long, I do admit appearances can be deceiving. Sometimes. If I'd taken the poorly drawn moeblobs of Higurashi When They Cry seriously, I might have missed out on a delightfully wicked show. So, here's hoping for something similar here.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 01:15   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2011-10-02, 02:00   Link #71
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep1:
Whichever sub group you're using (actually I know which group you're using) stop immediately.

For one thing, her name is "Fear." You may infer the rest of the translation quality from that.
Old 2011-10-02, 02:08   Link #72
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

I haven't watched the episode yet because I'm waiting on a sub group that isn't terrible, but where is that opening/ending/whatever music from? I've definitely heard it before.
Old 2011-10-02, 03:04   Link #73
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Ah Silver Link, why do you do this to yourself You make such pretty works but with rather unfortunate directing.

This first episode must have taken an overdose of adrenaline, because that's one accelerated plot progression I hope it's only to get the boring introductions out of the way and not the neutral gear for the rest of the series.

Waiting for the blood-letting that I've been promised...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I haven't watched the episode yet because I'm waiting on a sub group that isn't terrible, but where is that opening/ending/whatever music from? I've definitely heard it before.

"Endless Story" by Yukari Tamura, I recognized her singing from the Nanoha Series years ago. The song is actually my favorite thing of this episode, and I'm certain someone is going to make a gif out of Fear's fancy footworks and mesmerizing Zettai Ryoki.

But if ANN is to be believed, they would changed it to something else next episode.
Old 2011-10-02, 03:45   Link #74
Clarste
Human

Quote:
This first episode must have taken an overdose of adrenaline, because that's one accelerated plot progression I hope it's only to get the boring introductions out of the way and not the neutral gear for the rest of the series.
What about it seemed rushed? Seemed pretty natural to me (other than the eternal mystery of where Fear got her clothes). The whole episode was basically about her starting her new life.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:58   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
What about it seemed rushed? Seemed pretty natural to me (other than the eternal mystery of where Fear got her clothes). The whole episode was basically about her starting her new life.
Hmmm... It's like they breeze pass a lot of scenes with the feeling of "Accept it and just roll with it" or "These are what you need to know, remember it cause I'm not repeating them... Probably."
Old 2011-10-02, 04:03   Link #76
Clarste
Human

Well, the whole point of it was that main character guy accepted her super-fast without question because he's used to it (perhaps too used to it), so it would be quite odd if they dwelled on it any more than they.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 04:14   Link #77
APNki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Whichever sub group you're using (actually I know which group you're using) stop immediately.

For one thing, her name is "Fear." You may infer the rest of the translation quality from that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The news is that Commie fansubs are currently subbing the show right now. It's listed in their current plans for the new season.
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 04:19   Link #78
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
This being Silver Link, I'm really reminded of Baka Test, especially when she does the twirling dance with the Vacuum Cleaner. That was the high point of the episode for me, just laughed out loud. She reminds me of Ika Musume as well, with the blue hair and fish out of water mentality, yet still being completely stubborn and proud. The rest is just standard LN harem fare really, the tsundere loli, the average protagonist, the possessive childhood friend...there might be potential for something better though, if what I heard of the rumors are true.

One thing that bothers me, which may be explained in the LN but breezed through in the anime - where did she got her clothes? Did Haruaki has a sister or something? I can buy the clothes she wears outside she borrowed from Konoha or something, but where did the panties she's wearing before Konoha arrives come from? And a shimapan, no less!
Old 2011-10-02, 04:22   Link #79
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

say gaiz... what would you do if Konoha was a yandere COUPLED with the fact she's a katana?
Old 2011-10-02, 04:24   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
One thing that bothers me, which may be explained in the LN but breezed through in the anime - where did she got her clothes? Did Haruaki has a sister or something? I can buy the clothes she wears outside she borrowed from Konoha or something, but where did the panties she's wearing before Konoha arrives come from? And a shimapan, no less!

What? Don't you know that every 16 years old boy must be prepared for situations like this ?

Dem lolis be popping out of everywhere!

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen